Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

PLAYSTATION VITA LINKS:
(Check here frequently for Playstation Vita's. Please, everyone stop posting how they are in stock every five minutes. The links are located here, so when someone wants to check, they can. Feel free to continue posting about Vita games and accessories that come in stock.)

Wifi Vita
3G/Wifi Vita
FEB Vita

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='apterous']Ahh, must be the first of many penny games that gave $10 each for from the "$20 for any 2 trades at Target" deal. Can't wait to see what else they do. :)[/QUOTE]

I recall someone posting that they traded a College Hoops 2K8 360 during that promo. Thank You! Thanks also to whoever traded NCAA 09 Football Wii!

Clear it up for me, CAGs:

This Oblivion GOTY (no swirls packaging) is $17.93 LN

This Oblivion GOTY (yay green swirls edition) is $14.97 LN

Why the difference of 3 bucks? Are the 2 expansions on-disc or are they DLC codes?

Also, are the 2 expansions awesome/fun? If not, I might go with the vanilla, PH edition. LN of that one is only $10.03.

i just got my like new Vita Golden Abyss that i ordered for my friend. It's in good shape but there's no manual. is that normal? I have never bought a vita game before so I am not sure if they have stop including manuals in vita games. thanks!

[quote name='dorkyden']i just got my like new Vita Golden Abyss that i ordered for my friend. It's in good shape but there's no manual. is that normal? I have never bought a vita game before so I am not sure if they have stop including manuals in vita games. thanks![/QUOTE]

yup normal. most vita games have digital manuals instead.

Got my Diablo 3 Warehouse deal today. The box was resealed and it has a slight dent on the side of the box. All 3 passes and WOW were included along with everything else sealed. I contacted Amazon about the dent and they gave $15 credit (20%) for the damage. Got it for $56 total. Now I need to check if the codes were used. Anyone know how to check? (without giving them out to you for you to check for me...)lol

[quote name='shakespeare']Got my Diablo 3 Warehouse deal today. The box was resealed and it has a slight dent on the side of the box. All 3 passes and WOW were included along with everything else sealed. I contacted Amazon about the dent and they gave $15 credit (20%) for the damage. Got it for $56 total. Now I need to check if the codes were used. Anyone know how to check? (without giving them out to you for you to check for me...)lol[/QUOTE]

the item was listed as "very good"
not sure why you think you're entitled to a new copy.
I can't believe amazon is sucking up to you.
let us know when amazon throw the ban hammer at you.

and yes, I'm jealous.

[quote name='shakespeare']Got my Diablo 3 Warehouse deal today. The box was resealed and it has a slight dent on the side of the box. All 3 passes and WOW were included along with everything else sealed. I contacted Amazon about the dent and they gave $15 credit (20%) for the damage. Got it for $56 total. Now I need to check if the codes were used. Anyone know how to check? (without giving them out to you for you to check for me...)lol[/QUOTE]
if you're talking about the codes for the content, they're tied to the cd key so you might as well use them yourself.
the guest passes are not worth anything.

and yeah, you ordered an item from amazon's warehouse deals which is specifically for damaged goods and you complained about a dent in the box?

i'm not sure why people post when they do this, it's standard procedure to knock about 20% off when someone complains like that. they just mark it on your account and if you do it enough, enjoy your ban.

I hate you right now...

Its too easy for people to take advantage of Amazons customer service. I wouldn't be surprised if they become more strict in the future.

[quote name='lilseung']Its too easy for people to take advantage of Amazons customer service. I wouldn't be surprised if they become more strict in the future.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you take advantage of their customer service too often, your account will most likely get banned.

Enjoy the banned account that you so richly deserve for being a douche by complaining about a used product being "slightly" dented to get a partial refund. Why would you even gloat about having low morals? Was it to make everyone on CAG think of you as an ass? :roll:

Those were all rhetorical questions, by the way.

Hah well as long as you asked nicely and didn't contact them 3 or more times about it, then great deal!

[quote name='blinknot4']Clear it up for me, CAGs:

Why the difference of 3 bucks? Are the 2 expansions on-disc or are they DLC codes?

Also, are the 2 expansions awesome/fun? If not, I might go with the vanilla, PH edition. LN of that one is only $10.03.[/QUOTE]

There's no difference outside of the branding on the front to my knowledge. I'd bought the old style (with the 2K logo) when it was released and my friend bought the newer one from last year in the build to Skyrim. I'd asked him if it was double disc or DLC codes out of curiosity and he said there was a second disc just like the one I had. Can't remember if either had the horse armor or whatever included, but either way I'd just grab the cheaper GOTY. The Knights DLC was fun stuff. Didn't get around to playing Shivering Isles before trading it in as I wanted to minimize loss in trades and there weren't chivos so I can't comment on it.

[quote name='blinknot4']Clear it up for me, CAGs:

Also, are the 2 expansions awesome/fun? If not, I might go with the vanilla, PH edition. LN of that one is only $10.03.[/QUOTE]

Don't hold me to this as I could be wrong but I think the one with the green swirls in the upper right hand corner comes in the silver platinum hits case and the other in a regular green case. I could be wrong about the cases but both versions should come with the same DLC.

[quote name='RoMee']I always thought is was a bunch of BS from the "moral" police.[/QUOTE]

Nope. Unless my memory fails me, there are documented cases here of people being banned from Warehouse Deals.

[quote name='RoMee']I always thought is was a bunch of BS from the "moral" police.[/QUOTE]

Nope they definitely do it.

In the past they've done some pretty large "ban waves" based on some undisclosed criteria.

They ban your cc info, address/name, etc too. Not just your account, they won't sell to you personally ever again.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Nope they definitely do it.

In the past they've done some pretty large "ban waves" based on some undisclosed criteria.

They ban your cc info, address/name, etc too. Not just your account, they won't sell to you personally ever again.[/QUOTE]

Also any other accounts that were linked to your IP address I believe.

[quote name='RoMee']Do amazon really ban people?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's why what shakespeare did was actually a pretty terrible idea. Ignoring the fact that he got the item in a completely reasonable condition to what it was described as, $15 is nowhere near enough money for me to want to take a chance getting banned from the program. To each his own. :roll:

[quote name='Vegan']Nope. Unless my memory fails me, there are documented cases here of people being banned from Warehouse Deals.[/QUOTE]

Not just WD but all of Amazon and when they drop the ban hammer it is for good!

[quote name='WV Matsui']Not just WD but all of Amazon and when they drop the ban hammer it is for good![/QUOTE]

Returning a lot of stuff is one way to get banned from Amazon I believe, and from what I've read when you get banned you stay banned.

Yep I almost got banned from Amazon for too many concessions (getting too many refunds/credits). Luckily I got a friendly warning but for many there's no warning whatsoever. From what I've read they ban all your accounts, you lose any credit you may have, if you use a kindle or video on demand have fun not being able to log in to those...they really screw you over. And you can't use the same address or credit cards. You basically have to move and use a new CC to make a new account.

I contacted them about my portal guns being in crappy condition (to complain about NECA since NECA is the company that shipped them all messed up to Amazon, not to complain at Amazon) and they gave me a $10 credit and now I'm scared. I never asked for any compensation, specifically told them I wasnt asking for anything, he then told me he'd give me a $10 credit and I told him it wasn't necessary and they still gave me a $10 credit. So I'm scared to even contact them at all now honestly.

Their CS will be really nice to you (too nice it turns out) but they have departments that track this kind of crap and they are not nearly as nice.

I was half tempted to contact their CS and tell them to take my credit away but they won't do it and they'd probably offer me another $10 for my troubles. Then it'll just be another mark on my record.

Here's what they ban for (other crap I'm missing I'm sure also):

Too many concessions
Too many returns
Reseller activity
Some combination of the above.

If they limit an item to 1 per person, do not use another account and order extras. Do not use them as your shipping service either.

TL;DR: Amazon Customer service is overly nice and they will give you pretty much whatever you want and then some, but it's all being tracked and if it happens too much you're fucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pyoobez']There's no difference outside of the branding on the front to my knowledge. I'd bought the old style (with the 2K logo) when it was released and my friend bought the newer one from last year in the build to Skyrim. I'd asked him if it was double disc or DLC codes out of curiosity and he said there was a second disc just like the one I had. Can't remember if either had the horse armor or whatever included, but either way I'd just grab the cheaper GOTY. The Knights DLC was fun stuff. Didn't get around to playing Shivering Isles before trading it in as I wanted to minimize loss in trades and there weren't chivos so I can't comment on it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you and mark_IV for shedding some light on this for me. I really want to go back and play Oblivion, and am floored by the number of 360 SKUs there are for it.

[quote name='ShockandAww']...[/QUOTE]

I got banned when I was a teenager, for taking advantage of their coupon codes back when they used to have them all the time on Blurays. 5 years. They didnt let anyone make an account from my household for 5 years, but now Im back on good terms I think, I did get into it last year, with CS on a messed up trade-in and had the marketing team contact me(which I think is one of the teams that deals out the bans) but I explained the situation and never got a warning or anything. I think the fact I have 119 orders in the past six months might have something to do with that though.

[quote name='edson13']I got banned when I was a teenager, for taking advantage of their coupon codes back when they used to have them all the time on Blurays. 5 years. They didnt let anyone make an account from my household for 5 years, but now Im back on good terms I think, I did get into it last year, with CS on a messed up trade-in and had the marketing team contact me(which I think is one of the teams that deals out the bans) but I explained the situation and never got a warning or anything. I think the fact I have 119 orders in the past six months might have something to do with that though.[/QUOTE]
Never heard of them only banning for a certain amount of time. I guess you (kind of) got lucky too. I got into it with CS over a messed up trade in just before I got my warning (though as I said my warning was for too many concessions, apparently nothing to do with the trade ins). So I don't know if their CS reported me for being a huge pain in the ass, or if it was just coincidental timing.

Your leeway with Amazon comes with the caveat of the amount of business you do with them and how you conduct business with them. I do thousands of dollars yearly and have had no issues on refunds, credits, free items, etc for many years.

i think amazon gives you a warning before you get a ban..

like your getting too many credits due to packages not showing up in good shape.

i got a warning last xmas about too many promo credits (got 3 )

some times its not the buyers fault they got banned but its the people who work at amazon who get you banned..

I remember last year i ordered 5 items with 2 day shipping

Items never showed in two days and tracking didnt work

so i write in and go i never got my items and can you tell me why tracking isnt working

i get a responce we are sorry your items did not show up in time here is a 20 buck promo on your next use..

I respond back... I dont want a credit im just asking when the items will show up (this was the next day)

9 hours later i get a responce back... We are sorry that your items never showed i have put a request for a full refund and a replacement order to be shipped today if the first shipping shows you may keep it

I write back in saying i dont want a replacement order cause it would = ban but when is the trackin going to work

Responce back the next day tracking was down and i should get my items in the next 2 days (nothin offered finally)

items showed 5 days after placing the 2 day order

BUT Heres the kicker

Items were like 80 bucks right (2 30 buck ds games and a 20 one)
when it was all said and done ... I got all items paid for and a 20 buck credit

SO 0 out of pocket amazon give me 100 bucks in items for free that i never asked for and they said if i returned them I would just be given more credit

LOL that was freaking crazy cause the more times you say I DONT WANT anything they toss you more crap

[quote name='ijustw1n']Your leeway with Amazon comes with the caveat of the amount of business you do with them and how you conduct business with them. I do thousands of dollars yearly and have had no issues on refunds, credits, free items, etc for many years.[/QUOTE]

I do think the same way, I do return maybe once every 3 months. I always have problems with them concerning video games promo credit and DLC, so I contact them frequently. But complaining about a dent AWD is being an ass really..if your not satisfied go file a return, dont go contacting them for a small amount of credit. Amazon's leeway for this I think is getting smaller and smaller thanks to a lot of selfish consumers and Its just going to ruin it for everyone.

^ this

I only contact when it's a legitimate concern (scratched / broken disk, damaged due to insufficient packaging, etc) and i normally pick and choose my battles (i'm not going to bother on a 8 dollar game when i order thousands a year)

Amazon's CS is the best in the world, and I want to continue to be a part of this secret club for as long as possible.

I got banned from amazon in error (they banned the wrong account). It took over 5 hours on the phone to get reinstated and I received no compensation for the incident.

[quote name='pyoobez']Didn't get around to playing Shivering Isles before trading it in as I wanted to minimize loss in trades and there weren't chivos so I can't comment on it.[/QUOTE]

Um yes there are...Knights of the Nine had no achievements...

^ This.

Semi-kidding. I've been hooked on those games since the last installment.

Did Sniper Elite V2 slip under the deals radar? I thought it'd make a bigger buzz.

I purchase a metric crap-ton of stuff from Amazon. I love Amazon. I have only asked CS for assistance in matters where it was clearly appropriate (which has been quite rare) and, in EVERY CASE, they have not only helped me but have gone beyond the call of duty (no pun intended).

As far as I am concerned, Amazon has never taken advantage of me (to the contrary, have always taken care of me) and I see no reason to try to take advantage of Amazon to save a few dollars.

Like the cliche goes, don't crap where you eat.

I've only complained to Amazon once, and that was recently when my vita didn't come with a memory card. Other than that, haven't had a reason to complain.

[quote name='modano79']Snagged MLB 12 The Show for PS3 for $33.34 Acceptable...Hoping for the best as it is my first warehouse deals purchase[/QUOTE]

Might be the copy I traded in. If it is, it had never been played, just wanted the $38 credit.

Might be in the market for a new Vita after my screen got cracked. Sending it to Sony to see what the diagnosis is. Maybe they'll fix/replace it for free...or at the very least only charge a smallish fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back