Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crunchewy']I'm not sure what you are saying here. If you buy a refurb from Apple you get the full warranty, same as brand new. Same is true for any refurb from Apple.com. I have bought refurb from them several times and would definitely do so again.[/QUOTE]

My friend bought 5 iMacs for his church and after a year Apple wouldn't touch them when something went wrong with a couple of them. They basically said tough luck.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']My friend bought 5 iMacs for his church and after a year Apple wouldn't touch them when something went wrong with a couple of them. They basically said tough luck.[/QUOTE]

yeah but that's normal. it's a 1 year warranty.

the question here is whether macs bought from AWD are eligible for the 1 year warranty even though it's used.

[quote name='blinknot4']Tempted here ... is this game truly frustrating? Several reviews state the learning curve is fookin' brutal. (I have never played an Armored Core game, ever).

But I admire the style of this game...[/QUOTE]

The learning curve is not nearly as bad with the newer AC games. I think they changed the controls drastically around AC4 IIRC. That being said, the online multiplayer is a large part of this game. It's merely worth a rental if you only want to play the single player. Even then, there is no arena and it's just missions that are almost all the "kill all the enemies" type.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah but that's normal. it's a 1 year warranty.

the question here is whether macs bought from AWD are eligible for the 1 year warranty even though it's used.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you get that from AWD. Probably not.

[quote name='maxiell']Picked up a :360: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest (Good) for $111.[/QUOTE]
Good stuff. I'd jump on a deal like that for PS3.

[quote name='SCIENCEEE']Damn, I missed the 32gb vita card. How common are they?[/QUOTE]

I dont really know but I'd guess a few times a month average?

[quote name='CWest']I had to grab it. I have got a like new before, but I can only imagine what an "acceptable" code may be.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to understand this as well... as a code it's either used or unused, correct? How can they sell it in a number of conditions? Packaging issue?

[quote name='scrubsr1']I'm trying to understand this as well... as a code it's either used or unused, correct? How can they sell it in a number of conditions? Packaging issue?[/QUOTE]

I think that's usually how they determine condition anyway.

[quote name='scrubsr1']I'm trying to understand this as well... as a code it's either used or unused, correct? How can they sell it in a number of conditions? Packaging issue?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think it just means the packaging or card itself is probably in crappy condition. The codes should work regardless of condition.

[quote name='confoosious']yeah but that's normal. it's a 1 year warranty.

the question here is whether macs bought from AWD are eligible for the 1 year warranty even though it's used.[/QUOTE]

if it wasnt registered, you should get the full1 year warranty once you register it yourself.

[quote name='maxiell']Picked up a :360: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest (Good) for $111.

:ps3: Street Fighter 25th anniversary set $97 Good[/QUOTE]
Thanks, pulled the trigger, can't remember seeing it cheaper

[quote name='sabanoo']The learning curve is not nearly as bad with the newer AC games. I think they changed the controls drastically around AC4 IIRC. That being said, the online multiplayer is a large part of this game. It's merely worth a rental if you only want to play the single player. Even then, there is no arena and it's just missions that are almost all the "kill all the enemies" type.[/QUOTE]

For $13 I don't mind the "kill X enemies" ... Let me ask you this, Is the online community still active? Was it ever?

[quote name='maxiell']Picked up a :360: Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest (Good) for $111.[/QUOTE]

I knew it had to be a CAG. I was wondering if I should pull the trigger on it and it was picked up. Well done!

Nice pick up. I have some trade ins going in that I plan to use on this if it pops up again.

[quote name='bredbu']I wish they would have penny games again[/QUOTE]

Penny games will be a story I will tell my grandchildren, and they will just chalk it up to "crazy old Grandpa" spouting lies.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Man, I'm really hoping we see DOA5 soon. I really want that game. Just not at $60.[/QUOTE]you are the 2nd CAG i have seen mention that game here. i am also looking forward to buying doa5 cheap but i think it will be cheapest from gamefly's year-end/new-year sale. maybe sub $15.

[quote name='mcthatch']Penny games will be a story I will tell my grandchildren, and they will just chalk it up to "crazy old Grandpa" spouting lies.[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Steam sales? Crazy cheap games aren't about to become a thing of legend; they're only going to become more competitive as more industries get on board that sales model.

[quote name='tribalnoise']you are the 2nd CAG i have seen mention that game here. i am also looking forward to buying doa5 cheap but i think it will be cheapest from gamefly's year-end/new-year sale. maybe sub $15.[/QUOTE]

DOA5 does have a online pass just a FYI.

So if you get it used for $15 you'll end up spending $25 to play it online. Unless you get it through Gamefly.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']DOA5 does have a online pass just a FYI.

So if you get it used for $15 you'll end up spending $25 to play it online. Unless you get it through Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

That's still way better than paying $60.

[quote name='tribalnoise']you are the 2nd CAG i have seen mention that game here. i am also looking forward to buying doa5 cheap but i think it will be cheapest from gamefly's year-end/new-year sale. maybe sub $15.[/QUOTE]

There is no way the game will be that cheap by year's end. I don't know how you guys think business works; I was reading in another thread where someone said that they expect a $300 3D TV to be $100 by the holidays too.

[quote name='whitereflection']There is no way the game will be that cheap by year's end. I don't know how you guys think business works; I was reading in another thread where someone said that they expect a $300 3D TV to be $100 by the holidays too.[/QUOTE]uh hello? ninja gaiden 3, also a tecmo game by team ninja. it dropped like a rock and that's a more popular series than doa.

[quote name='whitereflection']There is no way the game will be that cheap by year's end. I don't know how you guys think business works; I was reading in another thread where someone said that they expect a $300 3D TV to be $100 by the holidays too.[/QUOTE]

So were you one of the people that said it wouldn't drop below $200? I don't see why $100 is that big of a stretch. It's pretty obvious that they're trying to clear these things out so if there's one or two left in stock, they may drop to $100.

That being said, I do think $15 by year's end is a little exaggerated. Maybe $20, but it is already October. Only time will tell.

[quote name='tribalnoise']uh hello? ninja gaiden 3, also a tecmo game by team ninja. it dropped like a rock and that's a more popular series than doa.[/QUOTE]
Yeah but.. the reception for that game was absolutely atrocious and everything that made Ninja Gaiden good was stripped out of the game.

Haven't played DOA5 yet so I can't comment if it's any good or not but I haven't heard terribly bad stuff about it yet. I'm sure we'll see DOA5 for cheap(er) later in the year, but $15 is a big stretch.

[quote name='Tsel']So were you one of the people that said it wouldn't drop below $200? I don't see why $100 is that big of a stretch. It's pretty obvious that they're trying to clear these things out so if there's one or two left in stock, they may drop to $100.

That being said, I do think $15 by year's end is a little exaggerated. Maybe $20, but it is already October. Only time will tell.[/QUOTE]

No, I wasn't. You can't even find a decent non-3D TV for $100; if a 3D TV dropped that low, it would be a doorbuster item on Black Friday. I think even that is unlikely since usually it means the company is trying to scale back on that specific market like the TouchPad for HP; this 3D experiment wasn't great for Sony but it's not like they're going to stop selling televisions.

[quote name='Vigilante']Usually it just means there's some slight cosmetic damage (e.g., bent corner(s)) for the card, and the code is unused.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I might pick one up then. I have almost enough credit to cover it and am strapped for cash right now. Would be good since I just got RE6 and my Live is going to run out on the 12th.

I grabbed a "good" Guild Wars 2 CE for $97.xx last week. I don't recall the exact description but it sounded like it had substantial package damage but the item was described as being in excellent condition.

I receive it just now in a big, very beat up looking box where the tape was starting to fall off. I thought the worse was to come, but I opened it up and it was in another box that must be the box it ships in from the manufacturer. It tightly fits around the item much like other large CEs (Skyrim, etc.)

The CE itself had a few scuff marks on the clear plastic and that was it. Everything is still sealed, and brand new.

[quote name='barrit']I grabbed a "good" Guild Wars 2 CE for $97.xx last week. I don't recall the exact description but it sounded like it had substantial package damage but the item was described as being in excellent condition.

I receive it just now in a big, very beat up looking box where the tape was starting to fall off. I thought the worse was to come, but I opened it up and it was in another box that must be the box it ships in from the manufacturer. It tightly fits around the item much like other large CEs (Skyrim, etc.)

The CE itself had a few scuff marks on the clear plastic and that was it. Everything is still sealed, and brand new.[/QUOTE]

I saw that up and thought about grabbing it, but I'd never get to playing it and I'm not a huge GW fan personally.

I wish I could find a ME CE, I stupidly sold mine years ago and want it back so I can have all 3 CEs together on my shelf :(

[quote name='weeman43302']Hmmm, I might pick one up then. I have almost enough credit to cover it and am strapped for cash right now. Would be good since I just got RE6 and my Live is going to run out on the 12th.[/QUOTE]

Be careful with that. Someone reported that they also ordered a "used" Live card and that they received an unactivated card that you'd have to activate at a register. It might've been a return that someone switched with an unactivated card.

[quote name='eXiON']Yeah but.. the reception for that game was absolutely atrocious and everything that made Ninja Gaiden good was stripped out of the game.

Haven't played DOA5 yet so I can't comment if it's any good or not but I haven't heard terribly bad stuff about it yet. I'm sure we'll see DOA5 for cheap(er) later in the year, but $15 is a big stretch.[/QUOTE]

It's also a fighting game and most fighting games retail value... well they use to anyways. Soul Calibur V did drop prettty fast.

DOA seems low print at my stores and is getting decent reviews. NG3 got terrible reviews and was overprinted at my stores. I'd say DOA won't be $30 or less till Jan/Feb.

[quote name='Marauder7']Haven't been checking AWD lately but cowboom.com has them for about the same price too.[/QUOTE]

tempted to dump my vita but getting a 3G new for 196 i doubt we will see that price that cheap anytime soon (maybe next summer)

150 to gamestop is way too low for it

[quote name='whitereflection']Be careful with that. Someone reported that they also ordered a "used" Live card and that they received an unactivated card that you'd have to activate at a register. It might've been a return that someone switched with an unactivated card.[/QUOTE]

Never thought about that. Amazon's customer service would probably take care of that though right? If so it might be worth the risk. Although I guess I could just drop $5 more and get a new code.

[quote name='DealSeeker2U']:360: Max Payne 3: Special Edition (Like New) $29.96[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blinknot4']Thanks my friend! Unreal price...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shurija']That is a CRAZY price if everything is incuded and in perfect condition.[/QUOTE]

My Max Payne 3 Special Edition arrived today... In absolute factory sealed, mint condition. In fact, it came double-boxed (exterior corrugated box was the Take Two Interactive cardboard box with the "Do Not Open before May 15" sticker warning.) Awesomeness for just $29.96 -- my best AWD purchase to date.

A huge, massive thanks to DealSeeker2U for finding it this past Sunday. *high-five*

[quote name='blinknot4']My Max Payne 3 Special Edition arrived today... In absolute factory sealed, mint condition. In fact, it came double-boxed (exterior corrugated box was the Take Two Interactive cardboard box with the "Do Not Open before May 15" sticker warning.) Awesomeness for just $29.96 -- my best AWD purchase to date.

A huge, massive thanks to DealSeeker2U for finding it this past Sunday. *high-five*[/QUOTE]
Any time and congrats :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back