Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

--------------------------------

A BIG thanks to the CAG community for continuously posting specific deals!

Link:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

**All titles are available for FSS with orders over $25**
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console: (These are somewhat broken now, as Amazon has updated their search system and made it even worse)

Nintendo 3DS

PS Vita

Sony PSP

Xbox 360

Wii

PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Suggestions:

Do you have any suggestions that could improve the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread, whether it be the OP (including FAQ's) or the thread in general? Feel free to pm me suggestions!

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xplode427']Dang! I want this. Bookmarked the link. Thanks. Hope they get more in stock! Anyone know the best time to check for restock?[/QUOTE]

All day, erryday

I am being serious :cool:

[quote name='xplode427']Dang! I want this. Bookmarked the link.
sig.jpg
Thanks. Hope they get more in stock! Anyone know the best time to check for restock?[/QUOTE]

They update at anypoint during the day. Just keep your eye open.

The Very Good $62.97 RE6 Anthology I ordered arrived about an hour ago (impressive considering I ordered it on Saturday :hot:) and as I suspected, the "small bend/wrinkle" is so small as to be unnoticeable. Also, the stickers that AWD put on the back of the slipcover were likely very recently put on because they were easy to remove and left no residue whatsoever. To top it all off, the game box itself (under the slipcover) was still shrink-wrapped and has that new-game smell when opened, so I'm pretty sure the codes are unused.

Not a bad deal, especially since I can trade in my vanilla copy of RE6 to BBY for (hopefully) ~$40 and still keep the $20 RZ certificate I got for preordering it; now that I have RE5 Gold to download, I can also trade in my physical copy. Add to that surefire opportunities to PM RE6 within the next two months and it's almost like I paid $40 for the six-game Anthology. \\:D/

[quote name='Kovorkian']only if it is from amazon I have seen a lot of very good / like new ***CARTRIDGE ONLY*** listings on amazon from 3rd party sellers[/QUOTE]

Actually, those sellers never bothered reading the rules for Amazon and those listings are in violation of Amazon policy and should be reported. The guidelines I gave are for all listings, especially third-party.

[quote name='sp00ge']Actually, those sellers never bothered reading the rules for Amazon and those listings are in violation of Amazon policy and should be reported. The guidelines I gave are for all listings, especially third-party.[/QUOTE]

I know that Amazon has standards about what should be included for an item to be considered like new, but like Kavorkian posted I have also seem many listings of Like New CARTRIDGE ONLY games. Unfortunately there are way too many of these listings doing this, so the best way to lower your chances of being dissapointed is to read what is included in the item's description.

[quote name='rey6eric']I know that Amazon has standards about what should be included for an item to be considered like new, but like Kavorkian posted I have also seem many listings of Like New CARTRIDGE ONLY games. Unfortunately there are way too many of these listings doing this, so the best way to lower your chances of being dissapointed is to read what is included in the item's description.[/QUOTE]

I really hate when people do that. Saying everything is like new except that it is missing everything but the disc.

[quote name='rey6eric']I know that Amazon has standards about what should be included for an item to be considered like new, but like Kavorkian posted I have also seem many listings of Like New CARTRIDGE ONLY games. Unfortunately there are way too many of these listings doing this, so the best way to lower your chances of being dissapointed is to read what is included in the item's description.[/QUOTE]

But fact of the matter is, and as a pro seller I know this first-hand, many people don't read the descriptions. They see it's in good, very good or like new condition and assume it's as it should be. I made this mistake early on, and I learned from it and realized I was in the wrong and corrected the problem.

Any seller who lists their cart-only game as anything other than acceptable and gets a negative as a result, even if the buyer didn't read the description, gets no pity from me. They are supposed to read and understand all of the rules before they even list their first item for sale.

[quote name='sp00ge']But fact of the matter is, and as a pro seller I know this first-hand, many people don't read the descriptions. They see it's in good, very good or like new condition and assume it's as it should be. I made this mistake early on, and I learned from it and realized I was in the wrong and corrected the problem.

Any seller who lists their cart-only game as anything other than acceptable and gets a negative as a result, even if the buyer didn't read the description, gets no pity from me. They are supposed to read and understand all of the rules before they even list their first item for sale.[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is I buy a game marked like new and its not like new i get my money back?

[quote name='sp00ge']But fact of the matter is, and as a pro seller I know this first-hand, many people don't read the descriptions. They see it's in good, very good or like new condition and assume it's as it should be. I made this mistake early on, and I learned from it and realized I was in the wrong and corrected the problem.

Any seller who lists their cart-only game as anything other than acceptable and gets a negative as a result, even if the buyer didn't read the description, gets no pity from me. They are supposed to read and understand all of the rules before they even list their first item for sale.[/QUOTE]

No, I 100% agree with you and I'm not arguing your points. I was just trying to help out the guy who asked whether the game would come complete. I advised him to read the description to make sure it would come complete. Through my buying experiences, when it comes to older cartridge games some sellers think its alright to list a game with no box or manual as like new because the game itself has no signs of damage/markings.

[quote name='Vigilante']The Very Good $62.97 RE6 Anthology I ordered arrived about an hour ago (impressive considering I ordered it on Saturday :hot:) and as I suspected, the "small bend/wrinkle" is so small as to be unnoticeable. Also, the stickers that AWD put on the back of the slipcover were likely very recently put on because they were easy to remove and left no residue whatsoever. To top it all off, the game box itself (under the slipcover) was still shrink-wrapped and has that new-game smell when opened, so I'm pretty sure the codes are unused.

Not a bad deal, especially since I can trade in my vanilla copy of RE6 to BBY for (hopefully) ~$40 and still keep the $20 RZ certificate I got for preordering it; now that I have RE5 Gold to download, I can also trade in my physical copy. Add to that surefire opportunities to PM RE6 within the next two months and it's almost like I paid $40 for the six-game Anthology. \\:D/[/QUOTE]
I ordered one on Sat as well (Very Good) let us know if your codes are still active. :)

[quote name='SCIENCEEE']Received my like new Max Payne 3 "Special Edition" today... definitely sending it back for a refund. But I'll be nice enough to use a much more appropriately sized mailer. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I'm glad I didn't order one now.

[quote name='Vigilante']The Very Good $62.97 RE6 Anthology I ordered arrived about an hour ago (impressive considering I ordered it on Saturday :hot:) and as I suspected, the "small bend/wrinkle" is so small as to be unnoticeable. Also, the stickers that AWD put on the back of the slipcover were likely very recently put on because they were easy to remove and left no residue whatsoever. To top it all off, the game box itself (under the slipcover) was still shrink-wrapped and has that new-game smell when opened, so I'm pretty sure the codes are unused.

Not a bad deal, especially since I can trade in my vanilla copy of RE6 to BBY for (hopefully) ~$40 and still keep the $20 RZ certificate I got for preordering it; now that I have RE5 Gold to download, I can also trade in my physical copy. Add to that surefire opportunities to PM RE6 within the next two months and it's almost like I paid $40 for the six-game Anthology. \\:D/[/QUOTE]

Does all the codes for RE1-5 work? Are the codes like inside the case or outside the case of RE6? I'm interested in buying one but afraid of buying it used since there is a chance I could be ripped off.

[quote name='slowdive21']I just got my PC "Very Good" loot chest 104.99...

I'm pretty sure it is factory sealed. :bouncy:

It has 3 rectangular seals on the top that look like they are original. One side of the bottom of the box is separated, but it looks like the inner (black) box was never tampered with.

I wonder what the person who bought the $89.99 PC loot chest got...[/QUOTE]

Here is the damage:

lootchestPCverygood001_zpsd4f68781.jpg

lootchestPCverygood008_zpsbb96f243.jpg

lootchestPCverygoog006_zpsa24a0218.jpg

Factory seals are intact and it weighs out at the right weight. It looks like everything is inside from the little I ca see/feel.

I may have to open my 360 copy that also weighs out and seems to be complete, because it was ripped on the top of the box.

[quote name='TimesTicking']Does all the codes for RE1-5 work? Are the codes like inside the case or outside the case of RE6? I'm interested in buying one but afraid of buying it used since there is a chance I could be ripped off.[/QUOTE]I haven't tested the codes yet (they're all on a single sheet of paper), but they're included inside the RE6 case, between the little slip advertising the Resident Evil: Damnation and Resident Evil: Retribution movies and the typical gameplay warning/warranty "pamphlet" included in standard RE6 cases.

[quote name='SCIENCEEE']Received my like new Max Payne 3 "Special Edition" today... definitely sending it back for a refund. But I'll be nice enough to use a much more appropriately sized mailer. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

Oh fuck me. My Like New Max Payne 3 Special Edition will arrive later today. fuck.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Oh fuck me. My Like New Max Payne 3 Special Edition will arrive later today. fuck.[/QUOTE]

if it was sent ups or fedex just check the weight in the tracking. it should be about 4 pounds.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']have vitas gone much cheaper than 16X on AWD yet? i am trying to hold out until black friday...[/QUOTE]

pretty sure sony has said the VITA will NOT GET A PRICE DROP THIS YEAR

I continually see glowing descriptions on here of Vitas received from Amazon Warehouse Deals - regardless of the condition description. Will there be much difference between "Used - Good" and "Used - Like New?" Is Like New usually a customer return whereas Good is more like a used trade-in?

[quote name='slidecage']pretty sure sony has said the VITA will NOT GET A PRICE DROP THIS YEAR[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with a potential sale on BF?

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I continually see glowing descriptions on here of Vitas received from Amazon Warehouse Deals - regardless of the condition description. Will there be much difference between "Used - Good" and "Used - Like New?" Is Like New usually a customer return whereas Good is more like a used trade-in?[/QUOTE]

No. It varies by each individual item. Good - Like New spectrum only accounts for the extent of damage.

The best indication you have is the written description.

Descriptions about cleaning and previously saved data usually indicate the probability of a trade-in.

Descriptions about damage to the packaging (marks/wrinkles/bends) indicate that it might be a new or returned item with cosmetic damage.

[quote name='jacknicklson']What does that have to do with a potential sale on BF?[/QUOTE]

I think many retailers have some sort of agreement with the manufacturer to adhere to certain price points related to MSRP - especially for hardware. I do not know how special sales like Black Friday work, but generally you do not see hardware pricing drop until the manufacturer announces it. You do, however, see promotional items like gift cards and free games or accessories added on which is kind of like an effective sale price.

My guess is that Vita prices won't be cheaper on Black Friday, but there may be additional freebies or gift cards added.

[quote name='gospelman']No. It varies by each individual item. Good - Like New spectrum only accounts for the extent of damage.

The best indication you have is the written description.

Descriptions about cleaning previously saved data usually indicate the probability of a trade-in.

Descriptions about damage to the packaging (marks/wrinkles/bends) indicate that it might be a new or returned item with cosmetic damage.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I think many retailers have some sort of agreement with the manufacturer to adhere to certain price points related to MSRP - especially for hardware. I do not know how special sales like Black Friday work, but generally you do not see hardware pricing drop until the manufacturer announces it. You do, however, see promotional items like gift cards and free games or accessories added on which is kind of like an effective sale price.

My guess is that Vita prices won't be cheaper on Black Friday, but there may be additional freebies or gift cards added.[/QUOTE]

i could live with that (depending on the bundle). it's better than just picking up a vanilla vita.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I think many retailers have some sort of agreement with the manufacturer to adhere to certain price points related to MSRP - especially for hardware. I do not know how special sales like Black Friday work, but generally you do not see hardware pricing drop until the manufacturer announces it. You do, however, see promotional items like gift cards and free games or accessories added on which is kind of like an effective sale price.

My guess is that Vita prices won't be cheaper on Black Friday, but there may be additional freebies or gift cards added.[/QUOTE]

I understand that. My point was that no official drop means nothing for upcoming sales, promos.

[quote name='Ag_SurfR']i could live with that (depending on the bundle). it's better than just picking up a vanilla vita.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you're aware, but Amazon has some incentives on new ones right now. Madden comes with a $30 credit and the plain version comes with Spy Hunter and something else. Neither is outstanding, but better than I have seen anywhere else.

I'd love to see an incentive on the Assassins Creed or Black Ops bundle, but I doubt that happens before Christmas, if ever.

Just got my 'Like New' Borderlands 2 Deluxe edition I got for $69.99, was still sealed in the plastic and everything :)

7hwoJ.jpg

I love this thread, I'll do my best to contribute for now on

Got my red/black 3ds XL today. The like/new that went up on Saturday came brand new. The box had a tiny bit of damage but it was still sealed and had everything intact. Pretty happy for the price.

I got mine for $9.99 during their first "blowout". They were hard to find soon after the deal went live though.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Oh fuck me. My Like New Max Payne 3 Special Edition will arrive later today. fuck.[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness my like new Max Payne 3 special edition arrived this morning. It was actually the special edition and not normal edition. I don't see any kind of significant damage. The outer box has a little wear and I can tell the small posters have been opened. The game case itself is still sealed, so I'm assuming the DLC and rockstar pass are unused. I'll test them out though just to see.

It seems like a pretty good $9 upgrade. I'll return my unopened standard edition to Best Buy today to get my $19.99+tax back.

I need to find a place for another few shelves of collectors edition swag. I think this Max Payne statue will look cool standing next to my Uncharted 3 statue and Infamous 2 statue.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I need to find a place for another few shelves of collectors edition swag. I think this Max Payne statue will look cool standing next to my Uncharted 3 statue and Infamous 2 statue.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I have exactly the same statue line-up. They definitely looks cooler when lined up together.

[/QUOTE]

thats messed up that they went out of their way to use a huge box making you think you got the whole set before you found out your little surprise lolwtfbbq

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']How probable is it that any of these will come with the DLC for the gem packs?

:ps3: Street Fighter X Tekken Special Edition
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ[/QUOTE]

Going by the descriptions, I'd say only the "Very Good" one sounds like it is just damaged packaging.

The other 2 descriptions talk about 'ID markings from it's previous owner" and "Cleaning and repair was done" which sound like they truly are used.

[quote name='barrit']Going by the descriptions, I'd say only the "Very Good" one sounds like it is just damaged packaging.

The other 2 descriptions talk about 'ID markings from it's previous owner" and "Cleaning and repair was done" which sound like they truly are used.[/QUOTE]
Oh damn, that was supposed to link to the PS3 version.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

But if I catch your drift, those are two examples where they most likely would not?

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']Oh damn, that was supposed to link to the PS3 version.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list..._used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

But if I catch your drift, those are two examples where they most likely would not?[/QUOTE]

When they mention previous owners, it usually indicates a return. When they mention missing shrink wrap and damaged boxes, it is likely that it was damaged in storage, so will likely be untouched.

My RE6 Archives came today. It still had the unbroken Microsoft seal and all the codes are good. It's honestly the first time I've gotten an awd item with unused codes. The slipcover just has a little bit of wear, they could've easily sold it as new.

[quote name='myka22']My RE6 Archives came today. It still had the unbroken Microsoft seal and all the codes are good. It's honestly the first time I've gotten an awd item with unused codes. The slipcover just has a little bit of wear, they could've easily sold it as new.[/QUOTE]
yea ive never gotten one with unused codes its very rare to get them unused

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back