Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

poker360

Banned
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition. Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**
Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:
:psp:Sony PSP

:360:Xbox 360

:wii:Wii

:ps3:PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, generally like new items.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes, All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken

I'm waiting for a 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and almost in perfect condition. Any game i have personally ever bought has in like new condition. However, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/

Last edited by a moderator:
Rent The Last of Us, if that doesn't make it explode it's probably fine.
One of the main reasons I felt I had to get a PS3 again was The Last of Us (of course after I purchase it they finally announce the PS4 version :D/ ). I saw some mention it melted a few from AWD and since I'm absolutely planning on playing it I will see if I can rent it until I'm able to secure my own copy. Best it melt mine while I can return it since I'm definitely going to be playing it.

If there is anything else I should check either on the actual console or in the software please feel free to give me some advice. Thanks!

One of the main reasons I felt I had to get a PS3 again was The Last of Us (of course after I purchase it they finally announce the PS4 version :D/ ). I saw some mention it melted a few from AWD and since I'm absolutely planning on playing it I will see if I can rent it until I'm able to secure my own copy. Best it melt mine while I can return it since I'm definitely going to be playing it.

If there is anything else I should check either on the actual console or in the software please feel free to give me some advice. Thanks!
Sony hasn't confirmed this yet. It's still possible the foreign Sony rep who "announced" it was mistaken, much like how a year or so ago, a Sony Brazil employee said Assassin's Creed IV would be set in Brazil :)roll:).

Sony hasn't confirmed this yet. It's still possible the foreign Sony rep who "announced" it was mistaken, much like how a year or so ago, a Sony Brazil employee said Assassin's Creed IV would be set in Brazil ( :roll:).
Yeah the whole thing was pretty vague from what I read. I thought it might just mean that you will be able to download and play the ps3 version somehow on the ps4.

Sony hasn't confirmed this yet. It's still possible the foreign Sony rep who "announced" it was mistaken, much like how a year or so ago, a Sony Brazil employee said Assassin's Creed IV would be set in Brazil ( :roll:).
Speaking of which, man I hope Unity actually looks like the teaser video. Setting seems super prmising regardless.

Right, I guess I believe it because it just makes sense at some point they release it. I'm sure it will see a GOTY edition so it makes sense that it would release on PS4 as well. Obviously it's not confirmed, but it just make too much sense (not that game companies always do what makes obvious sense, LOL).

Right, I guess I believe it because it just makes sense at some point they release it. I'm sure it will see a GOTY edition so it makes sense that it would release on PS4 as well. Obviously it's not confirmed, but it just make too much sense (not that game companies always do what makes obvious sense, LOL).
Think of it as the definitive edition like what they did with Tomb Raider and seems very likely to be coming our way. I hope they do the artbook style packaging for it because I liked that with the Tomb Raider version.

Know this that last summer those same LEs were $8 ~ $12. Now you decide what your buying price point is.
And cats everywhere rejoiced.

Think of it as the definitive edition like what they did with Tomb Raider and seems very likely to be coming our way. I hope they do the artbook style packaging for it because I liked that with the Tomb Raider version.
Has anyone but Squenix done that? All the games I can think of like that have been from them.

Just grabbed my cheap 360 from the post office. It sounds like it's about to blast off when I turn it on, and the disk tray sticks. Dunno what to do.

Just grabbed my cheap 360 from the post office. It sounds like it's about to blast off when I turn it on, and the disk tray sticks. Dunno what to do.
Cant speak for it taking off into space, but is the tray stuck closed? If you can hear it trying to open...get a paper clip and pop it open from the bottom (youtube it). Get some tweezers with a long pointed tip, and pop the band off the pulley (it's right at the front). Submerse it into boiling water for about 15 seconds, and immediately run cold water on it after. Dry it off, put it back on, problem solved. I had to do this for mine. You can Youtube the whole process, but everyone takes the whole case apart. If you have the right tweezers or whatever, you can do it without all that.

Tempting to grab that as it's just a little more than what the standard version typically brings. My concern is with Amazon shipping it, as with all CE from them anymore :( I've been wanting all of those for a while now.

Has anyone but Squenix done that? All the games I can think of like that have been from them.
Not sure if others have done it, but Squenix is definitely releasing more than others. I do like those as a first print edition, especially since they cost the same as the standard version. It's a nice little extra for the first print and typically if you are patient you can still snag them at a discount.

Tempting to grab that as it's just a little more than what the standard version typically brings. My concern is with Amazon shipping it, as with all CE from them anymore :( I've been wanting all of those for a while now.
Not sure if others have done it, but Squenix is definitely releasing more than others. I do like those as a first print edition, especially since they cost the same as the standard version. It's a nice little extra for the first print and typically if you are patient you can still snag them at a discount.

I wouldn't pick up the first Hyperdimension Neptunia now that the Vita remake Re:Birth 1 has been confirmed for US: http://www.destructoid.com/hyperdimension-neptunia-re-birth-1-coming-to-the-us-272468.phtml

It's supposedly much, much better than the original.

I bought hyperdimension neptunia (premium edition) last week off AWD and it was just the standard edition. I've sent it back so just be aware you might just get the standard edition.

My Elite does make a lot of noise when there's a game inside. Idk if it's because I'm spoiled with the next-gen quietness. I'm going to install the game and play it that way and see if it cuts down the noise. I've always installed my games on my slim, so maybe that could fix it.

This thread drug me back after a few years away from CAG. Have we received any feedback on the quality of the $277.19 PS4s? Or are people just instantly flipping them for the gamestop deal? I just missed out on one a second ago.
Its a higher rate you get a BLOD then if buying new obviously because some of these are returns and probably weren't checked properly. But saying that, it's definitely a risk I was glad to take. I did have a BLOD but Sony fixed it in 8 business days turn around. Just sent invoice from AWD in and they were fine with it. So $237.xx for a working system was more than awesome.

JUST MISSED IT.
You can still get it for around $430 from a few stores new if you're interested NewEgg and Target (with redcard) are still at that price.

I know it may just be because you want to use AMZ credit but many missed the other threads where AMZ and M$ store had them new for $400

My Elite does make a lot of noise when there's a game inside. Idk if it's because I'm spoiled with the next-gen quietness. I'm going to install the game and play it that way and see if it cuts down the noise. I've always installed my games on my slim, so maybe that could fix it.
It was a HUGE difference in noise going from the first revisions to the slims. The fatty fatty boombalatty 360 in particular were jet engines to begin with but they switch DVD drives in those multiple times and certain ones are even worse.

Edit- Just got my PS2s and realized I don't have any games. :rofl:

Someone needs to tell Amazon to post up some more cheap PS3's.  I need to replace the one the ex-wife took!

Edit: Anyone know the exactly link I should keep refreshing for the PS3's that were $60-70?

Just received my PS3 60 GB (A) that I paid $60 for. It came in a generic box, as expected for an acceptable. It included AV cable, Power Cable, Sixaxis controller w/ cable, and the console itself. It appears to be in decent shape with some normal scratching on top. Controller is dirty and needs cleaned but also appears to be in fairly good shape. When I turned it on I went through initial setup without any problems. It read a PS3 game (FEAR 3) and I'm going to leave it running throughout the day and will likely switch games.

I also plan on trying a Blu Ray, PS1 and PS2 games. Is there anything else I need to do to test it to feel comfortable with it? I know there were a lot of YLOD problems with the old fat models so want to take any possible precaution I can.

Yes, mine are all over the place. As mentioned above, I just got my PS3 from the re-stock, which is the fastest I've received an item from Amazon in quite a while. I have a handful of cheap games coming tomorrow, a few coming on Monday, one or two listed as April 2nd, and a few listed in May.
I think I was said that the YLOD on the old fat systems is very, very prevalent by now. From what people told me when I had mine and GS had a special trade in 2 years ago it is just a matter of time until it gets it.

However, I wish I had looked into it more, because YLOD looks to be a pathetically easy fix.

However, I wish I had looked into it more, because YLOD looks to be a pathetically easy fix.
Relatively speaking, it is. Used the baking method because I was concerned about the heat gun method (too much concentrated heat).

The PITA part is putting it back together. I have a SW BC 80G fatty and it was a pain to put back together. I ended up with one screw leftover which I still can't figure out where it goes (short one similar to the ones that attach the shield to the bottom enclosure). Seems to work fine but from what I've read, it's not a permanent fix. I's not a replacement for a proper IR reflow which is an option at a local shop for $80.

Just curious but wouldn't the bundle just be the system since Amazon emails you the Forza 5 code only when you buy it new or are there vouchers in the box with a code for that game?
Yeah you won't get the game and it doesn't even say it in the name of the item like it did for a few days.

slow's guide to women:

Don't get married. Don't even let them stay the night. Check their bag before they leave. If they are complaining about money for a cab, give them some shovelware.

Wow. So, about that PS3 linky. . . Anyone?
Just do a quick search on either PS3 or playstation 3 system or console. Then bookmark it. I'm sure the guys who found it probably had their page changing apps on. The PS3 listings are all over the place description-wise and some of them don't come up regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back