Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Arizona
California
Connecticut

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong but everything I've gotten from them seems to come from the exact same warehouses they do FBA from which means that it's Amazon shipping it.
Maybe I should have put processing speed. Once they ship, the items arrive in time if not earlier but processing AWD items takes a lot longer to the point of shipping an item than it does from Amazon.com's main side.

Don't forget that other sellers utilize Amazon's warehouses that also use FBA and so AWD is no different in that regards and in that regards is still considered 3rd party.

Video Games
Sellers may be required to obtain approval to list certain products in the Video Games category. For more information, see Categories Requiring Approval.

Note: Unless otherwise specified, all video game items sold on Amazon.com are assumed to be U.S. market products.
In addition to the General Condition Guidelines, apply the following guidelines to Video Games:

• New: Unless specified in the product title, all new video game items are assumed to be in full retail packaging. Bulk, plain white box, or other types of packaging are not allowed unless specifically called out in the product title.
  • Used - Like New: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Used - Very Good: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Used - Good: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Used - Acceptable: You must note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Unacceptable: Video games without essential accompanying material are not permitted. This does not necessarily include the box or instructions.
Just read the condition guidelines and -_-

Amazon is a business. Unfortunately, if they feel they are losing money by you doing too many returns then they are in their right mind to deny you.

As for buying too many items? They can simply limit the transactions to one per customer, not sure why Amazon hasn't done that already.

Amazon is a business. Unfortunately, if they feel they are losing money by you doing too many returns then they are in their right mind to deny you.

As for buying too many items? They can simply limit the transactions to one per customer, not sure why Amazon hasn't done that already.
Agree with the 1st part and you answered the 2nd part with "Amazon is a business". If they are making money, then they are not going to stop someone from making them money. If they detect shennigans then maybe yes, they may do what they have done with Eld and issue a warning of sorts.

Video Games

Sellers may be required to obtain approval to list certain products in the Video Games category. For more information, see Categories Requiring Approval.

Note: Unless otherwise specified, all video game items sold on Amazon.com are assumed to be U.S. market products.
In addition to the General Condition Guidelines, apply the following guidelines to Video Games:

• New: Unless specified in the product title, all new video game items are assumed to be in full retail packaging. Bulk, plain white box, or other types of packaging are not allowed unless specifically called out in the product title.
  • Used - Like New: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Used - Very Good: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Used - Good: Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Used - Acceptable: You must note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.
  • Unacceptable: Video games without essential accompanying material are not permitted. This does not necessarily include the box or instructions.
Just read the condition guidelines and -_-

That is why folks look for dingers where they have a chance to score the dlc and unused codes. Otherwise all items are considered used and dlc / codes redeemed unless the game is specified as new.

I ordered a (VG) Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on Saturday - got it today and I tried it on 2 different 3DS's and it comes up initially as unreadable then after I popped it out and back in again - it comes up as 'Cubic Ninja'.

Nothing looks fishy about it at all - the sticker on the cartridge doesn't look tampered with it is flush with the cartridge. So if it's not tested or my warning to Amazon not heeded - I wouldn't be surprised if it's re-listed on AWD - it's a pretty convincing knock-off.
That's weird. It reads like a fake but it looks real. The counterfeiters must be getting good.

Correct me if I'm wrong but everything I've gotten from them seems to come from the exact same warehouses they do FBA from which means that it's Amazon shipping it.

I'm banned from just about everywhere else for one reason or another. :whee:

Gonna Google around a bit tonight and see what I can find and maybe contact them tomorrow and see if there is a specific reason/behavior they're pinpointing.
That is true but remember best buy recently started Shipping items from the stores but yet they still use the shipping labels with the actual warehouse address and origin on the labels so what to say amazon cant be doing the same?

Maybe I should have put processing speed. Once they ship, the items arrive in time if not earlier but processing AWD items takes a lot longer to the point of shipping an item than it does from Amazon.com's main side.

Don't forget that other sellers utilize Amazon's warehouses that also use FBA and so AWD is no different in that regards and in that regards is still considered 3rd party.
And that is true third party sellers pay amazon many different fees to utilize there fba including shipping and storage fees. the fee is

Month

Cost per cubic foot per month

January - September

$0.48

October -December

$0.64

but after one year the fee jumps to $22.50 per cubic foot on top of the normal fee. so many FBA Sellers instead keep paying a high price on items they haven't sold and sale slowly or badly pay amazon a disposal fee which mean amazon is left with getting rid of the item which they in turn place into circulation on Amazon Warehouse Deals. It works the same way with returns to third parties which is why you find some older games and items still unopened and sealed that you wouldn't of expected. cause when a third party get a returned they will usually pay a disposal fee instead of paying for the item to be shipped back to them.

Well I don't have actual addresses but I can't imagine them having multiple warehouses in the same cities.

You forgot the part where Amazon charges FBA sellers to "dispose" of the items if they can't pay to get them shipped back if they stop being an FBA seller or are no longer selling the item for whatever reason as well.  I know several of the largest media sellers on Amazon have gotten kicked off the service the last couple years for whatever reason and basically ate thousands of dollars (like six figures) of product because they couldn't pay Amazon to get it back.

Well I don't have actual addresses but I can't imagine them having multiple warehouses in the same cities.
They actually do. Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia and Seattle come to mind. Many others are very close within an hour or so drive.

While I still have it might as well upload a pic - looks like A Link Between Worlds but it's actually Cubic Ninja

[attachment=4430:Untitled.png]

You forgot the part where Amazon charges FBA sellers to "dispose" of the items if they can't pay to get them shipped back if they stop being an FBA seller or are no longer selling the item for whatever reason as well. I know several of the largest media sellers on Amazon have gotten kicked off the service the last couple years for whatever reason and basically ate thousands of dollars (like six figures) of product because they couldn't pay Amazon to get it back.
Have a friend of my cousins who imported Aladdins on blu ray, like 40K worth and Amazon said they werent legit. Think he is appealing it

While I still have it might as well upload a pic - looks like A Link Between Worlds but it's actually Cubic Ninja

attachicon.gif
Untitled.png
whew, I just checked the copy I got from BB and it's fine.

They actually do. Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas/Fort Worth, Philadelphia and Seattle come to mind. Many others are very close within an hour or so drive.
OK then, good to know. Still Amazon staff filling the orders though I would imagine. Regardless what keeps getting under my skin is them giving and missing guaranteed delivery dates and shipping two day orders by methods that take twice as long.

Have a friend of my cousins who imported Aladdins on blu ray, like 40K worth and Amazon said they werent legit. Think he is appealing it
WTF?

Could it be a shell change?

That's what I was kind of thinking, though it would seem a lot less profitable then if they've figured out a way to effectively replace the labels in a convincing manner.

yeah it is easy to take the shell off DS games since my bro cleans them from thift stores and resells them, same with N64/snes and game boy so i think someone swapped it

smh im lucky that didn't happen with my new yoshis island

I think you're right - the edges look aligned but when you put pressure along the top edge you can feel just the slightest give. Good call - Scooby Snacks for you, sir
I never understood Scooby Snacks. They're made for Scooby Doo but they're not made for him. And a human eats them all the time.

Hi friends, has Ragnarok Odyssey Ace for PS3 or Vita shown up yet?

I appreciate you all!

I noticed how easy it was to change the GBA advance shells lol when I was repairing my GBA. 

I can't believe this applies to 3DS games as well. 

It's pretty low at that point. I am sure that the games do get accepted as the trade-ins but I don't see why people would do it.

Or where else would they come from?

^Ah great friggin price, had the 146 in my cart, decided to pass...will wait for the sub $20 ones. Note, there's one more for 158.xx.

Acceptable likely wouldn't be unless it's in very bad shape.
I've bought acceptable consoles that was CiB. You just gotta test your luck. The more you pay, the better your chances are. There are a few LN right now for $182. The G is a trade in for sure.

I've bought acceptable consoles that was CiB. You just gotta test your luck. The more you pay, the better your chances are. There are a few LN right now for $182. The G is a trade in for sure.
I've gotten perfectly fine and complete things at acceptable as well but I wouldn't order anything expecting it.

I just bought a "good" iPhone 4 and there is one small scratch on the back, none on the front, all new cords and earplugs and was refurbished by the looks of it.

Amazon doesn't know how to grade products.

I just bought a "good" iPhone 4 and there is one small scratch on the back, none on the front, all new cords and earplugs and was refurbished by the looks of it.

Amazon doesn't know how to grade products.
Description > Condition Ratings

@Rye

It's not hard to return the item to them if you really aren't satisfied. Just don't make it a habit hassling amazon and take risk on things that are worth it like this.

I'm assuming not a dinger? Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item has been tested to be fully functional. Item will come repackaged. All accessories are present and undamaged.

I'm assuming not a dinger? Downloadable content (DLC) or codes for online play may require additional purchase. Item has been tested to be fully functional. Item will come repackaged. All accessories are present and undamaged.
well to be tested and to make sure everything is present and undamaged I would assume it has to be opened first not making it sealed but I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back