Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has some great warehouse deals, and most of their used games are in like new condition (condition listed can be acceptable, good, very good, like new, or new). Please post specific deals you find via Warehouse deals in this thread. Check latest posts for the newest deals, or click the link below.

WIKI: It seems people had a few suggestions from the last thread in terms of updating the OP. I've changed a few things, but if there is anything else you want to change, feel free to do so.

Links:

Amazon Warehouse Deals Storefront - I usually go here just to check out things.

"Just Arrived" Video Games
**There is no guarantee how long these will be in stock, so if you see something, better grab it fast**

Link To Items By Price:

$0-$24 Deals
$25-$49 Deals
$50-$99 Deals
$100-$199 Deals
$200-$499 Deals

Browse Games by Console:

Current Gen:

:wiiu: Wii U

:ps4: PS4

:xb1: Xbox One

:vita: PS Vita

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS

Last Gen:

:psp: Sony PSP

:360: Xbox 360

:wii: Wii

:ps3: PS3

F.A.Q's

What is Amazon Warehouse Deals?
From Amazon: Get deep discounts on open-box, like-new, refurbished, or used products that are in good condition but do not meet Amazon.com's rigorous standards as "new".

Warehouse Deals is part of amazon that has open box, new but with damaged packaging product aka "dinger" and trade ins in generally like new condition. They are considered 3rd party by affiliation and as such the "Amazon Warehouse Deals" distinction but are still part of Amazon.

Is the Amazon Warehouse Deals return policy the same as Amazon's return policy?
Yes! All purchases are eligible for Amazon customer service and 30 day return policy.

I'm using the games sort by console link, and the games will not sort by price properly. What is wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong, the sort by price feature on Amazon is broken during restocks and or when pricing algorithm goes haywire. During those times, prices don't adjust and assimilate with the current inventory quickly enough to show the sorting as such

I'm waiting for a ps4, xb1, 360, ps3, 3ds, or PS Vita to pop up.. What time do they usually appear?
They can show up any time, the best way to find it is have the item tabbed on your browser, and download an auto refresh app and frequently check it, and or set alerts... Sometimes they will not pop up on amazon warehouse deals storefront, you will need to check the "used" section of the item

Why did all the prices of games randomly jump up?
Games on warehouse deals generally go on a cycle. They will get extremely low, great deals.. Then they will jump back up and restart the cycle of falling in price again.

I have a gaming credit and/or an Amazon gift card. Can both of these be applied to Warehouse Deals orders?
Gift cards can be applied to orders made on warehouse deals, however video game credit is only good for items shipped and sold by "amazon.com", warehouse deals does not count as this.

What was Penny Deals?
In early September of 2011, tons of newer release, more expensive games popped up for 1 penny each. Many CAG members placed orders, expecting them to get cancelled. Some were cancelled, however many CAGS got a large amount of games for a penny each. There has been no confirmation what exactly happened and why these games were sold for a penny.

What states does Amazon charge sales tax?
Items sold by Amazon.com LLC, or its subsidiaries, and shipped to destinations in the following states are subject to tax:

Arizona
California
Connecticut

Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kansas
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Nevada
New Jersey
New York
North Carolina
North Dakota
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin

Note: No sales tax is charged when purchasing gift cards; however, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.

What do you mean by a "dinger"?
Dinger = Item is new but the packaging is damaged in some way or form.

These are speculative guesses at best going by descritption of any given item and also taking into account the length of time an item has been out since its release. Shorter the span of time from release of a game or console, better the chance of scoring a new item with damaged packaging aka "dinger".

What condition are products from Warehouse Deals generally in?
First and foremost all games from AWD are considered used unless specified as new. Usually, games are re-shrinked wrap and depending on condition they can be perfect / brand new, brand new with damaged packaging aka "dinger" to just a game in a generic case. AWD has 5 condition criteria for their listings and they are:

New: Just like it sounds. A brand-new, unused, unopened video game in perfect condition in its original packaging and with all original packaging materials included.

Like New: An apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping). The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Very Good: A well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition. The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Good: The video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Acceptable: The video game is fairly worn, but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner. Sellers are required to note whether the box or instructions are missing in the condition notes field for the item. Activation codes for bonus online content may be missing or expired. Product may not include downloadable content.

Any game I have personally ever bought in good or above condition has been in near mint condition. Acceptable ones have been a gamble. Getting DLC with games has also been a gamble and since AWD games are considered used, don't expect unused DLC even though there will be occassions where they may come unused. In regards to DLC, ymmv. Conditon wise, some people have reported that games were scratched with stickers on the insert. Consoles are also usually reported in like new or new condition with box damage. Rarely, a console may be missing a key component such as a power brick. Games listed in "acceptable" condition likely have very beaten up cases, or are missing cases and inserts, and are in not so great condition, but generally have a working game disc. Consoles listed in "acceptable" conditon can be either new in damaged packaging and or a pure gamble in what conditon they will truly be in along with what is included in the box depending on the time frame from release of the console.

Here is an example of a like new handheld (PS Vita) - Thanks Slixshot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JoNLqd0lqk[/youtube]

Previous Threads:

I:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256610
II:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7717783#post7717783
III:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291329 - The penny deals craziness
IV:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303172
V:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313299
VI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325923
VII:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/307758-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-vii/
VIII: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/318906-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-viii/
IX: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/322143-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-ix/
X:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/326957-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-x/
XI:http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328789-amazon-warehouse-deals-thread-xi/

Lastly, credit for creating and maintaining previous threads and a huge thanks to the one and only "The AWD Guy" poker360. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
What Kindle should I buy?

Apparently in eligible

They trade in for more than they cost.....

arghhh....

fuck it. just bought the hdx and the ink. will let the lady try it out and see if she wants to upgrade from the N7 i bought her from gamesuck for $100 last year.

Finally eligible for the amazon deal. Felt like I won the lottery. Was contemplating the fire hd just for special offers but I wouldn't use the tablet for anything else. Got pretty bad reviews.

The HDX is nice but would still prefer the nexus 7 2013--- especially with upcoming sales when they clearance them out.

What Kindle should I buy?

Apparently in eligible
What do you want it for? Just books then go for the Paperwhite, it's probably the best e-reader on the market. An actual tablet? Go for the HDX. The Fire HD isn't bad but is kind of outdated at this point where the the HDX is still a pretty formidable 7" tablet. It's dual core vs quad core, 720p vs 1080p, no camera vs front facing camera, etc. It's not standard Android or quite up to the level of the current Nexus 7 but still seems a good small form factor tablet.

Or you could just send it to me. ;)

Not AWD but check your email/Amazon front page. Apparently Amazon is doing a targeted promo offer on Kindles that's pretty good. $19 Kindle, $44 Paperwhite, $89 Fire HD, $154 Fire HDX but you have to have the offer in your email or on the homepage to be eligible. I'm not sadly, would have happily grabbed one.
I'm eligible. Is it worth it? Why's it so cheap?

I'm eligible. Is it worth it? Why's it so cheap?
Yes, those are great prices on all of them. They're so cheap because Amazon wants you to buy the device and then buy content for it which is how Amazon makes their money while selling Kindles at a loss. Even if you don't want it for yourself the Paperwhite and Kindle should make you decent money on eBay at those prices.

Personally I would rank them as Paperwhite/HDX, Kindle, Fire HD in order of best to worst deal. See my post above for more specific reasons.

If any regular got the offer and isn't going to take advantage of it and wants to do a trade or a mix of Amazon GC/PayPal let me know.

Just saw something weird. A 276 vg ps4 was up but is now gone before I could post. But the weird thing was it mentioned "backorder , order now to reserve. ..". So you can backorder awdeals now ?

Yes, those are great prices on all of them. They're so cheap because Amazon wants you to buy the device and then buy content for it which is how Amazon makes their money while selling Kindles at a loss. Even if you don't want it for yourself the Paperwhite and Kindle should make you decent money on eBay at those prices.

Personally I would rank them as Paperwhite/HDX, Kindle, Fire HD in order of best to worst deal. See my post above for more specific reasons.

If any regular got the offer and isn't going to take advantage of it and wants to do a trade or a mix of Amazon GC/PayPal let me know.
I didn't get it, or I would have done it for you.

Damn you can only get 1 with the promotion :(

Wonder if multiple orders will work

Contemplating the HDX. I don't want one specifically for reading. What's the special offers option? Am I going to have ads all over the tablet?

I'm eligible... Tempting deal, but I don't know if I really want it...
who is the email sent from? I'm interested, but a lot of times I just junk emails from whom I don't recognize.

Edit: nvm, I see it Amazon's front page... I'm guessing I am targetted.

I wasn't targeted but have really wanted a Paperwhite for a while. Bastards. Now I won't want to buy one unless I can get it for at least $75 off somewhere down the line.

Amazon's targeted promotions make almost no sense, and it really seems like they drew names out of a hat or threw darts to decide who gets them.

I wasn't targeted but have really wanted a Paperwhite for a while. Bastards. Now I won't want to buy one unless I can get it for at least $75 off somewhere down the line.

Amazon's targeted promotions make almost no sense, and it really seems like they drew names out of a hat or threw darts to decide who gets them.
You can say that the promo is elusive.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=csi%20miami%20sunglasses

I checked the thread and I'm not eligible. Interesting. I never bought a Kindle from Amazon.com.

Contemplating the HDX. I don't want one specifically for reading. What's the special offers option? Am I going to have ads all over the tablet?
The special offers are ads that show up on the lockscreen. Occasionally Amazon will also run lightning deals through these as well.

Are the offers seperate in terms of ordering?

Like the HDX/Paperwhite is 1 offer (allowing 1 of the items per account)

Kindle/FireHD is 1 offer (allowing 1 of the items per account)

So you can buy a Kindle AND Paperwhite ?

the special offers are nice when they do the kindle lighting deals. In the last 5 months there been $5 madden 25 in November, $14 fifa 14 even next gen versions two weeks ago, keurig coffee maker for $20, and more.

Are the offers seperate in terms of ordering?

Like the HDX/Paperwhite is 1 offer (allowing 1 of the items per account)

Kindle/FireHD is 1 offer (allowing 1 of the items per account)

So you can buy a Kindle AND Paperwhite ?
Yeah, I couldn't order 2 HDX's, but I was able to get an HDX and a Kindle.

Huh, I qualify for the offers, but I'm not all that interested in any of them. Of the two for the HDX/Paperwhite, the Paperwhite is more enticing, but is it all that worthwhile if I hate paying for books? Every physical book I've read over the past several years has been borrowed from a library or bought for someone else at a discount.

I'd probably only get the Kindle for $19 so I wouldn't miss out on the exclusive Lightning Deals in the future, but is that really a viable motivation?

Also, I'm a bit miffed I missed out on the ~$10 AC IV for PS3. :bomb:

EDIT: Never mind, I decided to just wait for the PS4 version to drop to the $15-$20 range.

Huh, I qualify for the offers, but I'm not all that interested in any of them. Of the two for the HDX/Paperwhite, the Paperwhite is more enticing, but is it all that worthwhile if I hate paying for books? Every physical book I've read over the past several years has been borrowed from a library or bought for someone else at a discount.

I'd probably only get the Kindle for $19 so I wouldn't miss out on the exclusive Lightning Deals in the future, but is that really a viable motivation?

Also, I'm a bit miffed I missed out on the ~$10 AC IV for PS3. :bomb:
Honestly that's what I might do. For $5 Maddens and $14 Fifas, the special offers sounds solid. But do you get the same special offers on Kindle and you would on the HD or HDX?

Pretty sure Kindles get them, but not the paperwhites. They've had a bunch of good stuff though, for the special offers, not just VG related. It wasn't long ago when they had the paperwhite itself as a special offer for $20.

Pretty sure Kindles get them, but not the paperwhites. They've had a bunch of good stuff though, for the special offers, not just VG related. It wasn't long ago when they had the paperwhite itself as a special offer for $20.
the $19 kindle doesn't.

Q: Am I eligible for limited-time Special Offers on Kindle Fire?
A:
These exclusive deals are only available on Kindle Fire tablets subscribed to Special Offers (U.S. only). Special Offers subscriptions are available on:

• Kindle Fire HDX
  • Kindle Fire HD
  • Kindle Fire 2nd Generation

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers (Black)

I was just going by the item title. And their pricing is different as well, one price "with special offers" and one without.

the $19 kindle doesn't.

Q: Am I eligible for limited-time Special Offers on Kindle Fire?
A:
These exclusive deals are only available on Kindle Fire tablets subscribed to Special Offers (U.S. only). Special Offers subscriptions are available on:

• Kindle Fire HDX
  • Kindle Fire HD
  • Kindle Fire 2nd Generation
...But that question specifically asks about special offers on Kindle Fire, so of course they would only be available on Kindle Fire tablets. :???:

I dont see why the Kindle's wouldnt have the special offers as to get it WITHOUT special features, you have to pay more.

I have paperback books which I bought and havent even read....maybe the paperwhite will promote more reading for me lolol.

As a Kindle Touch owner that will probably be upgrading today, the offers on the Kindles compared to the offers on the Fires are different, I'm assuming. There have been a few days where I've caught $5 in free credit, some free mp3s, and other discounted merch, usually cheap books. I've never seen anything like the deals that were mentioned here on my e-reader.

As a Kindle Touch owner that will probably be upgrading today, the offers on the Kindles compared to the offers on the Fires are different, I'm assuming. There have been a few days where I've caught $5 in free credit, some free mp3s, and other discounted merch, usually cheap books. I've never seen anything like the deals that were mentioned here on my e-reader.
they are different, if someone is wanting a kindle just to get the special video game deals lately and other better limited offers, the minimum required system would be the kindle fire the e-readers will not work for those offers

...But that question specifically asks about special offers on Kindle Fire, so of course they would only be available on Kindle Fire tablets. :???:
the $5 madden deal and $14 fifa next gen versions and all the other great offers required at least a kindle fire as the minunum no e-reader

the $5 madden deal and $14 fifa next gen versions and all the other great offers required at least a kindle fire as the minunum no e-reader
Well, crap, then I'm only interested in the Paperwhite now, and even then $44 seems kind of steep when (like I said) I've been reading books for free for years. :bomb:

All kindles come with special offers aka advertisements. You actually have to pay $15-$20 to turn them off.

But only the 3 listed above get the "limited time special offers" which are the ones that make cags salivate.

Vigilante mentioned he'd get the $19 kindle just for the limited time special offers, to which I commented that it doesn't get them.

Everyone clear?

Again will put it out there that if someone isn't going to order one of those Paperwhites/HDXs I'm looking.  And no it's not to flip before anyone asks, would be for reading to the kid my game box wife and our action figure kids at night.  Or I would settle for the $19 I suppose, though most of my reading is done at night.

All kindles come with special offers aka advertisements. You actually have to pay $15-$20 to turn them off.

But only the 3 listed above get the "limited time special offers" which are the ones that make cags salivate.

Vigilante mentioned he'd get the $19 kindle just for the limited time special offers, to which I commented that it doesn't get them.

Everyone clear?
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Well, crap, then I'm only interested in the Paperwhite now, and even then $44 seems kind of steep when (like I said) I've been reading books for free for years. :bomb:
well the deals they offer are actually decent half the time. they don't offer them as often as before but probably closer to the holidays this year they will probably offer a lot then. The ironic part is they actually offered the paperwhite as a $19 deal before through a kindle fire offer.

k51Fy0F.png

Everyone clear?
I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I dont have either of them. I was just going by what the descriptions were saying. Thanks though, I'll definitely shoot for an HDX since that's the case.

I'm looking to get a tablet. I was actually going to buy an ipad this weekend, but I got the kindle offer and read that the kindle fire hdx is essentially a tablet. The question is, is it GOOD as a tablet? I pretty much just want it to browse the internet, watch videos, and play some games like Shin Megami Tensei, tales of phantasia and Dead Space. Or would I just be better off getting an ipad for my tablet related purposes?

I'm looking to get a tablet. I was actually going to buy an ipad this weekend, but I got the kindle offer and read that the kindle fire hdx is essentially a tablet. The question is, is it GOOD as a tablet? I pretty much just want it to browse the internet, watch videos, and play some games like Shin Megami Tensei, tales of phantasia and Dead Space. Or would I just be better off getting an ipad for my tablet related purposes?
This is all I use my kindle fire for, that and swag bucks surveys, and I love it. It does more than my husbands iPad, but his is the very first one so this might be why.

I wanted to buy him a kindle but he prefers his iPad. Nevermind that he takes my kindle all the time to play some game on it. :wall:

Again will put it out there that if someone isn't going to order one of those Paperwhites/HDXs I'm looking. And no it's not to flip before anyone asks, would be for reading to the kid my game box wife and our action figure kids at night. Or I would settle for the $19 I suppose, though most of my reading is done at night.
I was gonna try but it won't let me get the deal on an HDX and a paperwhite.

@laundrymatt - no worries. Just a lot of confusion. I hear the HDX is great but I didn't want to spend $150 just for the chance to get the super special offers.

@eldritch - there's a third gen paperwhite coming out. I think that's the reason for the sale. But $44 is great. I got it for $100 during Xmas.

I picked up a second one today for da bus. Or maybe as a gift.

Edit - I also vote for the nexus 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back