Amazon Warehouse Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='flop']note that items are mostly used[/QUOTE]

Theyre not "used", its just the packaging has been damaged in some way

I'll be getting my wii from warehouse deals this week, I'll let everyone know the condition.

They have a bunch of Xbox 360s on there as well. Some have cosmetic blemishes and opened and some are just cut boxes.

[quote name='anomynous']Theyre not "used", its just the packaging has been damaged in some way[/quote]
So the actual game itself has not been touched? I want to get the Rock Band bundle, which says it has minor outer box damage and that the package has been resealed. If its been resealed, doesn't that mean that it was opened and perhaps used? I don't know if I wanna save the $14 and get it used or just buy it new

[quote name='SoulReaver']So the actual game itself has not been touched? I want to get the Rock Band bundle, which says it has minor outer box damage and that the package has been resealed. If its been resealed, doesn't that mean that it was opened and perhaps used?[/QUOTE]

It means that the package got opened, but not used. I've ordered a few things from warehouse deals and cases and boxes were as described, but the items themselves were always in excellent condition.

Ok, thanks a lot. I think I'll go ahead and order it. What can I say, I'm a cheap skate and it finally hit a price that I can swallow.

You also know you're ordering from Amazon - so if you're not satisfied - give the customer service a ring =)

Dang they got a nice selection of stuff

[quote name='nikkai']You also know you're ordering from Amazon - so if you're not satisfied - give the customer service a ring =)[/quote]

Indeed. I wouldn't hesitate, if you're interested in one of these deals. Amazon is the best.

What does "Cosmetic blemishes on main unit" mean? That the box is scratched, or the instruments or games are scratched?

[quote name='YourFace']What does "Cosmetic blemishes on main unit" mean? That the box is scratched, or the instruments or games are scratched?[/quote]

It means the console is scratched or possibly chipped.

use the gold box deal of the day to get 5% off the regular price(used the trick I found on slickdeals to get that in my goldbox), i got my 40G for 380$, I would rather pay that then 360$ for a dmg box, i'm kinda freaky about that, if the outer box is dmg who knows what happened to the components inside...

[quote name='timmylamb'] if the outer box is dmg who knows what happened to the components inside...[/QUOTE]

if the box did its job, then nothing ;)

[quote name='timmylamb']use the gold box deal of the day to get 5% off the regular price(used the trick I found on slickdeals to get that in my goldbox), i got my 40G for 380$, I would rather pay that then 360$ for a dmg box, i'm kinda freaky about that, if the outer box is dmg who knows what happened to the components inside...[/quote]

Can you tell what the trick is to get things you want into the goldbox? I usually just get crap items....

[quote name='anomynous']Theyre not "used", its just the packaging has been damaged in some way[/quote]

They are used. Warehouse Deals sells returns that come complete with everything as refurb, and if it's missing something, they sell it as used. Oddly enough, refurbs are often cheaper than used. Warehouse Deals is Amazon's outlet for selling returns.

holy shit, this site is awesome. How come I have never heard of it before and how long has it been around?

A few months, it's still in testing phase.

[quote name='espy605']They are used. Warehouse Deals sells returns that come complete with everything as refurb, and if it's missing something, they sell it as used. Oddly enough, refurbs are often cheaper than used. Warehouse Deals is Amazon's outlet for selling returns.[/QUOTE]

There are exceptions, right? A number of items are listed as being in the manufacturer's shrink wrap, but with damaged packaging. These would seem not to be used.

[quote name='JokerCard']Can you tell what the trick is to get things you want into the goldbox? I usually just get crap items....[/QUOTE]

Yes, what is that trick for manipulating one's Gold Box items.

the gold box trick is you go into your suggestions and it shows you all the stuff you viewed and bought/rated etc...and thats what it uses as suggestions for your gold box items, just remove or select to not use those items for your gold box suggestions, then find an item that is related to the item you want, like i wanted the PS3 so i picked the PS3 controller, I selected as an item I owned and i rated it, then surfed for some ps3 games accessories, etc a day or 2 later my gold box had the ps3 in it, had both the 80g and 40g versions also had some random ps3 games in there too, its not an exact science though but its worked for many people on slickdeals and it worked for me

yay thanks bigdaddy, ya that pretty much is the process, only thing is your gold box renews every 24hrs i think so you get new ones each day and HAVE to click on the item to add to cart from your gold box or you dont get the discount, plus once you add to cart dont freakin close the window until you finished the purchase, did that with another item and it showed that i purchased that item but i had not and it went bye bye from the gold box

[quote name='espy605']They are used. Warehouse Deals sells returns that come complete with everything as refurb, and if it's missing something, they sell it as used. Oddly enough, refurbs are often cheaper than used. Warehouse Deals is Amazon's outlet for selling returns.[/quote]

I inquired about their products and they told me its mainly an outlet for damaged products that were shipped to them that they couldnt legally or rightfully sell branded as new. So no, they are not all returns or refurbs. And if you used some common sense you'd realize that as well. Do you honestly think it would of been worth it for them to ship the thousands of $10-15 books/games/movies that they have back and forth between customers, themselves, and suppliers only to relist it for a few dollars? They would of been shut down in a month.

[quote name='qwerty1']I inquired about their products and they told me its mainly an outlet for damaged products that were shipped to them that they couldnt legally or rightfully sell branded as new. So no, they are not all returns or refurbs. And if you used some common sense you'd realize that as well. Do you honestly think it would of been worth it for them to ship the thousands of $10-15 books/games/movies that they have back and forth between customers, themselves, and suppliers only to relist it for a few dollars? They would of been shut down in a month.[/quote]

"Mainly" an outlet, which implies there are items that are not. Also, I've read tons of posts from people that received refurbished units that have been opened in some way (such as manufacturer sealed plastic wrap or sleeves INSIDE retail boxes being open, or remotes with batteries already inside it, no one ships remotes this way) or missing padded packaging, none of which could result from damage during shipping. They aren't ALL returns or refurbs and I never stated as such, but from what I've read of other people's experiences, a lot of these are returns, and there is no need to insult me with nonsense about "common sense" when no one here knows for certain what their business practices are.

The stock from this site is usually limited to one of each item. I tried to maintain an updated thread about it once, but the deals change so frequently it was impossible. The real deal is the site itself, for those who didn't know about it I suggest bookmarking it. Maybe someone with more time can come up with a script to pull the video game section in real-time into a thread.

i tried to order the 80g from that warehouse deal, it took them 2 weeks and they didnt still ship my system so i said screw it and cancelled, checked their webpage again and there the system was up for sale again so at least their inventory system is pretty good...

I would like to know how you would rebur a stockpot? It's cast iron, it will last 1,000 years.

Never mind all they did was take it out of the box. :)

rock band just went back down to 147.99 and im trying to get it in my recommendations but i only get some rock band stuff and not the 360 bundle.

Here is a warehouse trick that I have learned. Because there are limited numbers of items sold on Warehousedeals....but if you get through on an order, and there is a long delay in the shipment. I immediately call up and speak with Amazon CS. I explain to them that I expect reasonable delivery, and then they apologize and hook me up with the new item from regular Amazon at the WD price. Has worked on sub-$100 items. Don't know about larger priced items, but I have gotten great service through a phone-call.

[quote name='anomynous']Got a 40 gig ps3 from them today, in great condition[/quote]

Was it used, or just a damaged box? What did the description say on the Amazon site?

[quote name='urge26']got my wii today, brand new with a damaged box. extremely happy, order with confidence.[/quote]

Do you remember what the description of the condition was?

[quote name='Hockey37']Do you remember what the description of the condition was?[/quote]

description said: Amazon.com subsidiary with same five star customer service and 30 day returns policy. Open box unit. Minor damage to outer box. Package resealed.

anybody know if Amazon warehouse still has their warranty? like, 30-day return? same time frame of manufacture warranty? And 30 day price-reduction guarantee (they'll give you back money if the price on the item dropped)

Anyone else notice it says "availablity" on every product page?

I've ordered a cracked-case still-sealed CD from them in the past, very happy with my prchase. :) I always liked the fact that they give you free super-saver shipping on their cheaper-than-Amazon prices.

i bought a GPS unit from amazon's warehouse and i'm satisfied =) highly recommended! (especially that it works with Prime!)

I should be getting the Eye of Judgment bundle from Amazon Warehouse (paid $50 2 weeks after the regular site had it on sale) early next week so I will say how it comes in.

Bear in mind that sometimes Warehousedeals prices are not necessarily cheaper than Amazon's prices. When Amazon runs a special sale or promotion, then Amazon can be cheaper than their subsidiary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back