Amazon XBLA Deals: Undertow $5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the text pad messenger kit will go on sale too and then if your NYC you would have to pay tax for it >=(

[quote name='JokerCard']Exactly! But :sigh: even with tax its still cheap....cheaper than what MS would have us paying for it.

Is this even legal though? We arent paying for a physical product...so im not understanding on why we are taxed. Bestbuy didnt tax when i bought a live points card from them.[/quote]

There seems to be some confusion by companies concerning what MS points are exactly. Some places I have paid taxed...others I haven't. Many places treat the point cards as gift cards, which they really aren't. When you buy a PSN card or a giftcard to a store, you'll pay tax on the purchase you make with the card. That isn't the case with Microsoft points.

There is also the factor of state laws to consider in this.

[quote name='MrBoss']Maybe the text pad messenger kit will go on sale too and then if your NYC you would have to pay tax for it >=([/quote]

Messenger kit is on sale for $19.96, but yes the tax :(

[quote name='JokerCard']Use Xbox.com and copy and paste the codes...beats entering them without the messagepad[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! Didn't know you could do that:applause:

In for doom, no tax here so less then 3 bucks is awesome. Might try to get my buddies to buy them so we can get some online going haha.

Wow love Amazon. I am on the fence with Doom. I would pick this up out of respect more than anything. But does it hold up still? Are there some cool achievements?

All of the achievements for Doom are pretty basic...beat the episodes, kill all enemies in a stage, find a secret area. The only ones I don't have are the kills on Xbox Live, because no one ever plays it. As someone else said, hopefully with all the CAGs buying this, there will be some people on.

still we need to make sure it's worth the $3. LOL
I already have DOOM 3 CE so I'm not sure if I'm gonna buy it at all. I really only play the first level and that's it for me. haha

I just had to bite on Pac-Man CE. I mean, it's only $5 and it's a god game to boot. Thank you CAG and Amazon for these rare deals.

I got DOOM for 3 bucks and change (stupid NY tax). If anyone wants to play with me, my Gamertag is "ramoisdead". I mostly bought because it's cheap and would probably that same price if Microsoft makes it a "Deal of the Week" deal and also I want to support Amazon XBLA deals.

The earlier deal for Galaga Legions and the current deal for Pac-Man C.E. are great but I already got the Namco Museum 360 disc at Gamestop during their Game Days sale. Still definitely get Pac-Man C.E. if you haven't. It's worth it.

Thanks Cheapy. Bought PacMan CE through your link. Doom will probably be an impulse buy in the morning if its still available, which is sad. I already own several copies of Doom on more than one system. (sure I'm not the only one)

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Wow love Amazon. I am on the fence with Doom. I would pick this up out of respect more than anything. But does it hold up still? Are there some cool achievements?[/quote]

I've played Doom on the PC and on the Doom 3 disc, but it really still plays extremely well and is still fun to blast through. I'd recommend it, I'm playing it right now!

[quote name='buster90']LOL...I love reading these posts on on deciding on Doom. Its $3 folks less than that of a lunch.[/quote]
This. I enjoyed it at the full $10 when I got it, can't believe people are debating whether or not to jump on this at $3.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Trust me, the other 9 XBLA games on the disc, along with the 20 classics make it worth it. There will be something else on there that interests you.[/quote]

I got it because I already had Pac-Man CE and I don't like any of the "classics".

[quote name='silentbobfan']I got Pac-Man CE and the first Geometry Wars is on sale so I'm downloading that as well.[/quote]

GW's always been $5.

If you don't already own Doom, there should be no thought involved. I got Undertow back when they were giving it away and it wasn't worth more than 20 minutes of my time.

Crud... I picked up the Namco pack from Gamestop for $15 when I saw it mentioned in the Legions thread, but also because I wanted Pac-Man and figured I may as well get the other games for free... Now with Pac Man at $5, I'm wondering if I actually really want anything else... Plus, buying it for $5 here allows me to not have to deal with a disc. I see that Legions is back up to $10 now too, though... though is Legions really worth it anyway?

Since I don't care for much on the Namco Collection game other than the Pac-Man CE, it was worth picking it up for $5 just now as well as Doom for $3. I love classic Doom and can't pass it up for $3, thanks OP!

Sorry if this has been asked already... Do these codes have expiration dates? I don't have a 360 yet but a deal is a deal when I plan on getting some of these anyway.

I got Doom, couldn't pass for 3 bucks. Now I feel nauseated after playing it. I used to have it on PC and 32x and both versions did the same thing. I need to only play it in short spurts or else i get like motion sickness, only happened with N64 games and before.

I'm still unsure about Undertow. I all ready own Pacman championship on the Xbox Compilation Disc from gamestop for 4.99 and the Namco disc i just picked up also..

[quote name='leshrac55']Crud... I picked up the Namco pack from Gamestop for $15 when I saw it mentioned in the Legions thread, but also because I wanted Pac-Man and figured I may as well get the other games for free... Now with Pac Man at $5, I'm wondering if I actually really want anything else... Plus, buying it for $5 here allows me to not have to deal with a disc. I see that Legions is back up to $10 now too, though... though is Legions really worth it anyway?[/QUOTE]

Legions is HARD if you're a noob.

I've never played Doom before... I think I'm going to have to buy it - it's one of those "historically important" games everyone should play at least once, like Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Pac-Man.

I already have Pac-Man CE (2 times. in fact: Namco Museum and XBLA Compilation) - which is definitely worth the $5, and Undertow - which is not.

I pretty much have to buy any game that isn't terrible for under 3 bucks.

Pac-Man C.E. is the biggest no-brainer in a long time. Arguably the best XBLA game available. Buy it.

It has only been like a week and this is already awesome. I can't imagine how overboard I'd go on purchases if they somehow started adding add-on DLC to Amazon as well.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Since I don't care for much on the Namco Collection game other than the Pac-Man CE, it was worth picking it up for $5 just now as well as Doom for $3. I love classic Doom and can't pass it up for $3, thanks OP![/quote]

I agree. I was debating about the namco disk, but I only wanted it for Pacman CE. The reviews I had read about how it handles the games from disk kind of discouraged me too. I was all over this. I got the game I wanted, saved $10 and won't have to deal with the loading since it'll be installed to the HD. Can't beat it. If there had been more on the Namco disk that I wanted, I guess I could have put up with the loading, but after trying the demos on XBLA, there weren't.

Picked up Doom, a no-brainer really. Just beat episode 1 on Hurt Me Plenty. Lovin it.

I always get very ADD with Pac-Man and never play for more than 10 minutes so I could really care less about that.

Don't waste your $5 on Undertow. I got it when they gave it away as a "Sorry Live hasn't worked for the past 2 months" gift. Got bored in five minutes, kept playing to give it a chance, determined I'd have a more entertaining time pounding nails in my dick and shut it off. It's really that boring.

[quote name='PvtChurch']Picked up Doom, a no-brainer really. Just beat episode 1 on Hurt Me Plenty. Lovin it.

I always get very ADD with Pac-Man and never play for more than 10 minutes so I could really care less about that.

Don't waste your $5 on Undertow. I got it when they gave it away as a "Sorry Live hasn't worked for the past 2 months" gift. Got bored in five minutes, kept playing to give it a chance, determined I'd have a more entertaining time pounding nails in my dick and shut it off. It's really that boring.[/QUOTE]

I 1000% agree on this. I, too, got it for free and I still hate it. Don't waste your money.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that feels this way about undertow.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I pretty much have to buy any game that isn't terrible for under 3 bucks.

Pac-Man C.E. is the biggest no-brainer in a long time. Arguably the best XBLA game available. Buy it.

It has only been like a week and this is already awesome. I can't imagine how overboard I'd go on purchases if they somehow started adding add-on DLC to Amazon as well.[/QUOTE]

QFT!

I just had to buy Doom. At $3 any game is a no brainer for me.

If Amazon offered DLC I would be all over that too!

BRING ON THE SALES!!!!!!!!!

I OWN ALL OF THESE BUT I SUPPORT THE EFFORT... I might actually buy DOOM and just give it to a friend.

YEAH, I KIND OF RULE.

I just realized that this is terrible for me. I already own about forty arcade games... now I'm going to buy all the games that go on sale.

Hoping for Puzzle Quest!

just picked up DOOM for 3 dollars , i might buy one for my little cousin if he doesn't already have it , thanks guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back