AmazonLocal - $12 for $25 To Spend On Yoyo.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
Got this email, so I found a random link(through Google) to post it on here.

http://local.amazon.com/bellevue/B007S1KWYI
http://www.yoyo.com/

Spend $12 and get $25 to spend on Yoyo.com

(Edit: $49 and over gets free shipping....Under $49 gets $4.99 shipping)

No longer stacks/can't be added with another offer>******(Edit 2: Enter code YFRESH for new customers to get 15% off. Thanks AteBit!!! :))

Now, let me save you some time:
1.They have PS1 games......AGHHH!!!!!
2.So many games are MSRP......AGHHHH!!!!!
3.No, I haven't ordered from them before and this is my first time gaining knowledge of them.

TAKE YOUR TIME and browse their site. 2 searches I used are:PS3/PS3 games(looks like it goes the same for Xbox). Then, I entered them from the lowest to the highest price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']ETCR8614 ... go for it, let us know how it goes[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Got a really friendly girl on the phone with them. She stated how the Amazon thing is a promo and not supposed to combine. I stated how I didn't see any restriction on new customer referrals besides actually being a new customer, and also that I liked how it will cause a donation to charity to occur. She applied the 20% as a credit to my order live as I was going through the checkout with her on the phone. She was really helpful and nice about it.

So 4K M$ point card 49.99 - $25(AmazonLocal) - $10(NewbReferral) + $0(ship&tax) = $14.99 order + $12(AmazonLocal) = $26.99 out of pocket.

Works for me!

Edit: She did restate how normally promos don't combine there, but that she made a "one time exception" because I didn't know. So your results may vary, we aren't necessarily entitled to it, and seems to me being cheery and nice on the phone with right CSR may get you results like mine.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Damn near half price! I didn't, ever, notice PSN cards.[/QUOTE]

Can you link that? I can't find any PSN cards. And I assume that the 1600 XBL point cards are sold out. And are the games brand new? I found some nice PS1 games, but it's not such a good price if they're used.

No. Tread's order was damn near half price!

And, I haven't/didn't, ever, notice/see PSN cards. However, they seem to restock Xbox cards.

Got another order of something in the mailbox!!!!! FASTTTTT!!!!!!

What the fuck ... Got an email of refund and an email explaining that the order was cancelled due to lack of stock. I emailed them, asking why they rushed to cancel instead of waiting to restock. They replied stating that they expect to never restock the points cards. Really, just suddenly stop carry a points card you have stocked for who knows how long? Seems ridiculous to me. Now I'm not sure what to do, as nothing else at the store really appeals to me. I'm basically a digital download only PC gamer, and I already have an XBOX controller.
Serious FUBAR here, I wonder if I can get Amazon Local to refund. But I also wonder if Yoyo's warehouse is full of shit and they will have more in a week or something.

Seems we are back to the thought of if this is far more trouble than it is worth.

[quote name='TreadLife']What the fuck ... Got an email of refund and an email explaining that the order was cancelled due to lack of stock. I emailed them, asking why they rushed to cancel instead of waiting to restock. They replied stating that they expect to never restock the points cards. Really, just suddenly stop carry a points card you have stocked for who knows how long? Seems ridiculous to me. Now I'm not sure what to do, as nothing else at the store really appeals to me. I'm basically a digital download only PC gamer, and I already have an XBOX controller.
Serious FUBAR here, I wonder if I can get Amazon Local to refund. But I also wonder if Yoyo's warehouse is full of shit and they will have more in a week or something.

Seems we are back to the thought of if this is far more trouble than it is worth.[/QUOTE]

lol, they're probably monitoring this thread. On top of the code no longer stacking, after May shipping is free on orders over $50 instead of the current $25 thus making it next to impossible to find anything and not come out at a loss. In fact the safest bet is/was the points cards but it depends on whether they restock or not. It's like they don't want you to buy anything from them.

[quote name='TreadLife']What the fuck ... Got an email of refund and an email explaining that the order was cancelled due to lack of stock. I emailed them, asking why they rushed to cancel instead of waiting to restock. They replied stating that they expect to never restock the points cards. Really, just suddenly stop carry a points card you have stocked for who knows how long? Seems ridiculous to me. Now I'm not sure what to do, as nothing else at the store really appeals to me. I'm basically a digital download only PC gamer, and I already have an XBOX controller.

Seems we are back to the thought of if this is far more trouble than it is worth.[/QUOTE]

Odd. When I ordered, it was for a certain game that disappeared as I went to order it. I called up and she said the game hadn't been in stock since Christmas and they had no plans to restock it.

Well, magically, the game restocked a few days later. Maybe, because I mentioned it? Either way, it shipped fast!!!!! It came from "1 of their Amazon warehouses".

I agree with you trying to refund or calling them back.

when I realized that I was basically screwed because there were no good deals to be had I started doing some research to find how I could at least break even with this stupid purchase. So in total I got mario kart 7 for around $22 and traded it in to amazon for $25. :)

Sorry for the necrobump (thought this would be in the graveyard by now), but my extra voucher expires in August, and I just noticed yoyo dropped a lot of prices on video games recently, lots of way overpriced games came down to the $20-30 range. Still no good free shipping deals to stack, but it might be worth another look now.

bread's done
Back