AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

Don't know if you guys heard, but AMC and Dish came to an agreement and AMC is now back starting tonight. You'll be able to watch the premiere and then the new episode. AMC will be free for a few days to all Dish subscribers.

The governor story arch already starting next episode from end trailer. Not wasting any time at all but this season seems a little rushed.

I need to dive back into the comics I haven't read any since issue 92 or 93 I think it was.... I hate waiting a month in between and let them build up.

WOW I didn't expect all that in this episode :(
-Poor Big Tiny........
-Rick killing off the guy who tried to kill him and the other prisoner.
-The prisoner killing off Big Tiny without wasting time.
-I lol'ed big time when it was the prisoners first time at killing walkers. :rofl:

[quote name='ITDEFX']WOW I didn't expect all that in this episode :(
-Poor Big Tiny........
-I lol'ed big time when it was the prisoners first time at killing walkers. :rofl:
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Dude with the fantastic mustache shanking the guts out of one walker.:applause:

[quote name='shieryda']Yeah. Dude with the fantastic mustache shanking the guts out of one walker.:applause:[/QUOTE]

lol amateurs! That walker was like ..."Is that suppose to hurt me?" look on his face...

I would have liked some character development with these prisoners before they get killed off.

[quote name='ITDEFX']WOW I didn't expect all that in this episode :(
-Poor Big Tiny........
[/QUOTE]

got to wonder about Herchel

did he die but he was not infected with the living dead virus (hes dead but his body has the cure so he dont run around eating people)

he did not die

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Tiny's execution
is easily one of the most brutal deaths thus far. Completely ruthless.

My ramblings on last night's episode:
Why didn't anyone bother to lock the door behind them when they were retreating? The prisoners didn't bother to attempt to go outside for 10 months? The "prison riot" was humorous. Carl bringing back those medical supplies like a BOSS (although very stupid to go alone, but I guess he can handle himself now). The group would have been in trouble if Big Tiny didn't shy away since it looked like they didn't have anyone covering the rear. And what scratched him anyways? It looked like a hooked weapon of some sort. I also didn't see his death coming so out of the blue by Tomas (I don't know if his name was ever mentioned in the episode, I only learned it from The Talking Dead). Why didn't Glenn and Carol bother taking out the other zombies at the fence instead of having Glenn lead them away? OMG at Rick with the machete. Why did he bother chasing the bat wielding inmate through the uncharted cell block? I also can't believe he locked him out to die (which I guess shouldn't be surprising at all given his previous kill, but shocking nonetheless).

Big Tiny was scratched by the bones of the walker--the walker ripped his hand off getting out of hand cuffs, then drug the jagged broken bone stump into him.

Another solid, action packed episode IMO. Nice change of pace from all the farm stuff last season. I liked that for the character development stuff. But with the small remaining party, good to have action and fast pace for a bit until the run into the Governor et al.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Big Tiny was scratched by the bones of the walker--the walker ripped his hand off getting out of hand cuffs, then drug the jagged broken bone stump into him.
[/QUOTE]

At first I thought that too, but wasn't that handcuffed zombie in front of him? Guess I misinterpreted that scene.

Well unfortunately they had to kill big tiny. Coming back as a big zombie would not be good. Thank god this show isn't going the way of mutating the zombies into some resident evil type of enemies. Still it was strange for a zombie to think by pulling it self out of the cuffs to get to Big tiny.

I'm failing to see the big gotcha with knowing everyone carries the infection. You're dead either way in the end, so who cares?

Also, how is it that everyone carries it, body trauma doesn't trigger it (Darrel falling, t dawg's cut, Herschel's amputation) but one tiny scratch or bite triggers the infection?

Yeah, I kind of wanted to ask the same question, but thought it might be stupid. Is this werewolf rules where any direct attack causes you to turn, or is it required that you die before that happens? This was probably answered in an earlier episode that I'm not remembering.

Everyone is cautious about getting scratched or bitten, but they don't think twice about brutally bludgeoning or jabbing a metal rod through a zombie's head, causing spray and bloody debris to go flying everywhere and potentially getting into the survivors' eyes or mouths.

I'm confused, too, now. You only turn into a zombie if you die first, right? It shouldn't matter if you get injured, unless the risk of dying from the injury is great enough to warrant the extreme caution.

Big Tiny didn't need to die if he received only a minor scratch though his prison jumpsuit (not sure how deep the actual scratch was).

And yeah, I'm not exactly sure why Rick was chasing the black dude who ran. Unless Rick thought he'd eventually find the other survivors and potentially injure/kill them. The remaining zombies would have eventually attacked the dude.

[quote name='Strell']Yeah, I kind of wanted to ask the same question, but thought it might be stupid. Is this werewolf rules where any direct attack causes you to turn, or is it required that you die before that happens? This was probably answered in an earlier episode that I'm not remembering.[/QUOTE]

It's both. If you die in any way other than massive head trauma you come back, but if you get bitten it's 100% infectious and it eventually kills you and you re-animate, which is why big Tiny had to be put down.

I've seen a few theories that, despite how wary they are of zombie blood and scratches, only saliva entering the bloodstream spreads the infection that kills you. It makes sense being that the human mouth is one of the filthiest bacteria-ridden places imaginable. Just factor in much much it is after weeks of decay have set in and you can see where that idea comes from.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I'm failing to see the big gotcha with knowing everyone carries the infection. You're dead either way in the end, so who cares?
[/QUOTE]

Think about it from a morale standpoint and knowing that even after death you won't get any peace and you come back as a zombie. For that reason, I can understand why Rick didn't tell anyone for so long. They had enough tragedy in their lives without that doozie.

[quote name='Purple Flames']It's both. If you die in any way other than massive head trauma you come back, but if you get bitten it's 100% infectious and it eventually kills you and you re-animate, which is why big Tiny had to be put down.
[/QUOTE]

Yep. Case in point is Andrea's sister during season 1 who got bit and turned.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I'm failing to see the big gotcha with knowing everyone carries the infection. You're dead either way in the end, so who cares?
[/QUOTE]

Someone could find a cure.

[/QUOTE]

It means that no matter what, there is no such thing as a safe zone, because even if someone dies accidentally or naturally, they become a walker.

[quote name='shieryda']Everyone is cautious about getting scratched or bitten, but they don't think twice about brutally bludgeoning or jabbing a metal rod through a zombie's head, causing spray and bloody debris to go flying everywhere and potentially getting into the survivors' eyes or mouths.[/QUOTE]

I'm confused about this too. If zombie blood gets in your mouth, eyes or a wound do you turn?

[quote name='shieryda']And yeah, I'm not exactly sure why Rick was chasing the black dude who ran. Unless Rick thought he'd eventually find the other survivors and potentially injure/kill them. The remaining zombies would have eventually attacked the dude.[/QUOTE]

That's what I got out of it. But I wasn't sure where he was running to since he went to an area that wasn't cleared out yet.

What I take from it is that the zombies spread a horrible disease that leads to death. Death is what leads to reanimation. These are basically the rules:

1. You CAN get injured and not die.

2. You CANNOT get bitten/scratched and not die (unless you can amputate the infected area).

3. You CANNOT die without turning into a walker (unless you suffer severe head trauma).

If you think about it in that way, it becomes pretty simple.

There is some serious nerd shit talk here lol :p

Yeah I agree there is too much close quarter combat which causes a lot of blood splatter that I guess the makers of the show don't want to cover the actor's faces in. If this was real life, everyone would be in a biohazard suit. I don't like how Zombies are getting smart like in the last episode...to pull it's own hand out from the cuff's to scratch Big Tiny. I truly wonder why the infection has not spread to animals? Even chimps? Like I said I am glad this isn't going the way of Resident Evil with some Zombie brute lurking around with an axe.

It's only a matter of time before another group penetrates the prison. I really wonder how the season finally is going to end up? Leaving Atlanta, Leaving the Farm, Leaving the Prison....What's next a cargo ship?

What I take away from it is that I should just stop asking questions and enjoy the show for what it is.:D

I predict that the hole they cut in the chainlink fence wasn't closed properly when Carol wanted to practice her midwife skills on a walker, and that the prison will get overrun again by zombies from outside the prison.

Not sure if what I'm reading on the Wiki page will be accurate, but this sounds pretty far-fetched and lame:

On Merle: He will return in Season 3, alive and as a resident of Woodbury, a ravaged town run by the malicious Governor. His stump has been concealed with a wrist cover that has a bayonet on it. [4]

Wow...really didn't expect somebody to come in here and overanalyze the logistics of the zombies...to the extent of pigeon-holing them into two specific categories. As it's already been mentioned, there's been no actual proof that their blood is harmful (remember when they rubbed blood and guts all over themselves to get out of Atlanta?)

And nobody is outright drinking their blood. I understand the message behind that statement, but if it's ok for us to exaggerate, why isn't it ok for the show to do the same? For that matter, if you're going to argue what's "realistic" and what's not, where does the concept that everyone is infected to begin with fall?

My "rules" that I listed are just the simplest way to follow the show. I didn't make them up. I'm just posting the general guidelines of The Walking Dead universe for anyone who may be confused. If you have some unbridled need to nitpick it to death, you're never going to enjoy it. We've been over this how many times?

[quote name='Purple Flames']It's both. If you die in any way other than massive head trauma you come back, but if you get bitten it's 100% infectious and it eventually kills you and you re-animate, which is why big Tiny had to be put down.

I've seen a few theories that, despite how wary they are of zombie blood and scratches, only saliva entering the bloodstream spreads the infection that kills you. It makes sense being that the human mouth is one of the filthiest bacteria-ridden places imaginable. Just factor in much much it is after weeks of decay have set in and you can see where that idea comes from.

Think about it from a morale standpoint and knowing that even after death you won't get any peace and you come back as a zombie. For that reason, I can understand why Rick didn't tell anyone for so long. They had enough tragedy in their lives without that doozie.[/QUOTE]

we have no clue to know if its 100% infections and kills you

there could be people out there who was bitten but never turned.... would you really tell some one ... ya i was bit but im okay.. They would shoot you in the freaking head even if you have not turned

[quote name='Soodmeg']Nate seriously dude...stop being such a pussy. Jesus you are like a 14 year old girl on her first period with how sensitive you are with this. Its a tv show calm down dude, the last thing anyone wants is another season of, "OMG if you dont like the show dont watch it."

Christ.[/QUOTE]

Yes...I'm sure another season of "Herp derp...unlimited ammo code! Herp derp...these zombies are not realistic enough." will be far more enjoyable. What you also somehow fail to recognize is that the "if you don't like the show, don't watch" sentiment wouldn't even be valid without the pages of incessant bitching that precede it. So, how bout it Sood? You stop bitching and I'll stop telling you to stop bitching? :D

saying the virus was airborne would have been better instead of the whole were all already infected. if its already in you then could it possibly activate in your suddenly ? also with herschel being bit wouldnt that bit activate whats in him instantly so that cutting off a limb wouldnt help? i like rick , carl and daryl this season a bit dissappointed with michione but they havent shown her much yet so maybe she will get more interesting as time goes on.

[quote name='lokizz']saying the virus was airborne would have been better instead of the whole were all already infected. if its already in you then could it possibly activate in your suddenly ? also with herschel being bit wouldnt that bit activate whats in him instantly so that cutting off a limb wouldnt help? i like rick , carl and daryl this season a bit dissappointed with michione but they havent shown her much yet so maybe she will get more interesting as time goes on.[/QUOTE]

No no no you actually have to die first before the virus reanimates you.

This is why I tried simplifying the "rules". Because no matter how many times it's explained, we get these posts of "How come _______ hasn't turned yet?" For whatever reason, people just aren't getting it. There is no "turning". Anything that speeds up your race toward death is a threat. Hell, you could make the argument that cigarettes are turning people into zombies. Dying triggers the reanimation. That's it.

As for Soodmeg, his act is so tired it's not even worth entertaining anymore. "Things don't make sense! Acting is bad! I can't wait for next week!" *yawn*

[quote name='Scorch']i love that soodmeg has been complaining about this show for nearly two years now but still continues to watch[/QUOTE]

Never said I hated the show so much I wouldnt watch it. I always held out hope that it would get better. This season actually proves my point all along.

Which is why I have been praising it. I know, its crazy hard to understand that someone could like the overall concept of something but not like certain parts but continue to support in hopes it gets better. Sorry I am not more internet ADD. Seeing as I have been following the comics since the very first one I think I have a small right to complain until I think its better. Seriously, its not that hard of a concept.

I can only imagine how fair weather fan some of you would be if this was a sports team.

Lokizz, I disagree, Carl is a badass this season. He has been killing walkers left and right, plus ran off by himself to find medicine. When old man half a leg was about to die he had his gun up and ready to kill him. This is the Carl I have been waiting for this entire time. That havent really focused on him yet but from what I have seen he is gonna play a pretty big part.

I just hope that they dont spend half a season on this baby thats going to be born. Nothing will derail this season more than if they turn it into a soap opera like they did the miss daughter.

[quote name='lokizz']saying the virus was airborne would have been better instead of the whole were all already infected. if its already in you then could it possibly activate in your suddenly ? also with herschel being bit wouldnt that bit activate whats in him instantly so that cutting off a limb wouldnt help? i like rick , carl and daryl this season a bit dissappointed with michione but they havent shown her much yet so maybe she will get more interesting as time goes on.[/QUOTE]

I am really surprised that even with all the resources that the CDC had they couldn't figure it out before the "Opt Out" events. We really don't know how long a person has from the bite time for virus to kill off the host to the resurrection event. I am thinking Hersel is going to come back as a Zombie but much later.

[quote name='Scorch']i love that soodmeg has been complaining about this show for nearly two years now but still continues to watch[/QUOTE]

It's a show he loves to hate but wants more ! :D

I laugh every time they go to into the dark halls because they somehow always come up with the shittiest plan ever created that almost always results in them getting cornered or surprised from behind. How bout them flash bangs?

also i lold @ this

daily-morning-awesomeness-13-36-a0a3b422-sz530x409-animate.jpg

Yeah, I am confused as to why they let the doctor run around killing zombies. Seeing as there are not that many doctors lying around. Plus your main tactic for keeping people from turning is cutting off body parts, seems like you might want to keep him a little safer than that.

The complaining and whining about this show don't bother me at all. It's funny how personally some people take it when others poke holes in the plot or gripe about the acting. I'm constantly complaining about the unlimited ammo, superior aiming skills or poor decision-making by the characters, too.

I do appreciate those of you who are willing to engage in friendly banter either in the form of explaining scenes to me in greater detail or even if you disagree with my theories or opinions.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

Lokizz, I disagree, Carl is a badass this season. He has been killing walkers left and right, plus ran off by himself to find medicine. When old man half a leg was about to die he had his gun up and ready to kill him. This is the Carl I have been waiting for this entire time. That havent really focused on him yet but from what I have seen he is gonna play a pretty big part.

.[/QUOTE]

yeah i said i liked him and his dad and daryl it was michione i havent been wowed by. for all the reasons you mentioned he will be interesting to see over the course of the show but its still a damn shame they couldnt do him more like that comics.

[quote name='shieryda']The complaining and whining about this show don't bother me at all. It's funny how personally some people take it when others poke holes in the plot or gripe about the acting. I'm constantly complaining about the unlimited ammo, superior aiming skills or poor decision-making by the characters, too.

I do appreciate those of you who are willing to engage in friendly banter either in the form of explaining scenes to me in greater detail or even if you disagree with my theories or opinions.[/QUOTE]

as far as the ammo goes i just assume since theyre in the south theres plenty of it all over the place. lets be real southerners love their guns. i noticed they havent been using shotguns so they have to be out of that ammo and ive heard theres some ammo you can use in diff types of guns.

[quote name='shieryda']The complaining and whining about this show don't bother me at all. It's funny how personally some people take it when others poke holes in the plot or gripe about the acting. I'm constantly complaining about the unlimited ammo, superior aiming skills or poor decision-making by the characters, too.

I do appreciate those of you who are willing to engage in friendly banter either in the form of explaining scenes to me in greater detail or even if you disagree with my theories or opinions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Nate singles me out because he has such a problem with me since the dreaded, "WR Screen Pass" of 2010. An event that caused him to throw such a tantrum that 8 year old girls who just scrapped their knee would be embarrassed. Ever since then I cant go anywhere in these forums without Nate instantly having a problem with everything I say. Even if it doesnt directly effect him in anyway. Like a tv show. Somehow my opinion on a tv show is hurting his ability to watch or enjoy it.

Anyway, have you guys seen this announcement yet? I just bought one.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...etail-bundle-comes-with-an-amazing-bonus.aspx

Walking Dead The game bundle and first 44 of the comic for 70 bucks.

The reactions are ten times worse in the 360 forum where any instance of negative critiquing lasting more than a single post in a popular thread is recognized as an unforgivable offense. Of course should you then remind the offended of the ignore list feature they either switch subjects or disappear like thieves in the night. It's pure comedy how quickly some people exaggerate a simple difference of opinion into a personal crusade against everything they stand for in a matter of seconds.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Anyway, have you guys seen this announcement yet? I just bought one.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...etail-bundle-comes-with-an-amazing-bonus.aspx
[/QUOTE]

Holy shit at that bundle. Do want. Good lookin' out.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']
Holy shit at that bundle. Do want. Good lookin' out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks cool but Amazon has the Compendium on sale for $35.74 and the game will retail for $30. The bundle will end up costing a few bucks more.

Its about 44 issues. Its only a good deal if you want the box art OR live in a state in which you have to pay tax on Amazon products.

Its only going to be probably 5-10 bucks either way so the box art thing is worth it to me just to display on the shelf.

[quote name='Ink.So.Well.']Good point. How far does the Compendium span in comparison?[/QUOTE]

Compendium 1 = Issues 1-48
Compendium 2 = Issues 49-96

The most current single issue out now is 103

To give you a frame of reference with the TV Series...

We would be in the mid teens.

For anyone looking to pick up the Compendium volumes, I've had good luck with BN.com and their 20% off coupons. Both volumes have been hovering around $37 online, so 20% off of that ends up being a little less than $30. Orders over $25 come with free standard shipping (free Express shipping for BN Members, which I'm a member). After tax, for me it was a little under $32.

About as cheap as I've seen them and the 20% off coupons are a semi-regular occurrence with BN.com (Members get more of them sent), as SD usually has a post about them when they're available. Non-members can get a free two-month membership as a trial as well.

bread's done
Back