AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

I just don't know why he was looking depressed after the supply run. Did I miss something? I thought maybe he got bit by the walker that jumped him the water. That scene had an intense feel, not normal to a simple zombie attack.
I also thought it was cause he got bit, but he probably just went out there to vent/cry while being alone. Whenever he's with the group, he forces a super positive attitude (the game he was playing with his girl while they were walking around about finding the positive in everything).

I just don't know why he was looking depressed after the supply run. Did I miss something? I thought maybe he got bit by the walker that jumped him the water. That scene had an intense feel, not normal to a simple zombie attack.
I don't think you missed anything at all. They didn't explain it so I'm sure they will address why he was crying within the next episode. He sounded upbeat about the whole Washington plan when Abraham brought it up. The only plausible answer is the bitten theory but I'm confused too because of how much time has elapsed since the they went on the supply run. The most telling clue about his state of depression was when he asked Sasha for "one last kiss."

The infected meat theory is interesting. As somebody who has read the comics, I won't say too much on this subject...but my wife (someone who hasn't read the comics was asking me about it), and I told her...the interesting thing is, if the theme is "we're all infected", how much of an effect would eating "tainted meat" even have? I mean...I guess if it was something that made you sick and served as a catalyst in your death, that could be a big deal. But in general...as long as you don't die, you're fine.

Obviously, even for those of us who have read the comic, we don't know when the show is going to just veer off...even in an episode that is pulled almost entirely from the comic. But TO ME, just from what I saw, I thought 100% that Bob had been bitten under the water. If you want to suss out how much time had passed and whether or not he should have died by then, you could be splitting hairs. But for me, his mannerisms made it look pretty apparent that he was hiding something.

And one last thing I'll just throw out there as sort of my own "teaser" for the folks that think Bob is going to die...if he dies, the "meat" will spoil. Let that oen sink in, haha. :)

The infected meat theory is interesting. As somebody who has read the comics, I won't say too much on this subject...but my wife (someone who hasn't read the comics was asking me about it), and I told her...the interesting thing is, if the theme is "we're all infected", how much of an effect would eating "tainted meat" even have? I mean...I guess if it was something that made you sick and served as a catalyst in your death, that could be a big deal. But in general...as long as you don't die, you're fine.

Obviously, even for those of us who have read the comic, we don't know when the show is going to just veer off...even in an episode that is pulled almost entirely from the comic. But TO ME, just from what I saw, I thought 100% that Bob had been bitten under the water. If you want to suss out how much time had passed and whether or not he should have died by then, you could be splitting hairs. But for me, his mannerisms made it look pretty apparent that he was hiding something.

And one last thing I'll just throw out there as sort of my own "teaser" for the folks that think Bob is going to die...if he dies, the "meat" will spoil. Let that oen sink in, haha. :)
Yeah, when Abraham made the toast to survivors, Bob had a rather painful smile, like he knew that he wasn't going to be one for very long.

And as far as the infected meat, you would think it would have no effect, other than maybe a foodborne-like illness. But I don't think even the books have ever touched how the body would process the ingestion of infected material. Remember, the bite introduces a severe infection into the bloodstream, which eventually results in death and then reanimation.

But if you think about it, only Rick's group knows about everyone being infected. So, it may be more of a psychological thing if one were to find out the meat they were eating was infected.

Bob is/was an alcoholic, he could have been breaking down because everyone was drinking wine, too.
I thought that too but I think they would've put more focus on the wine. Every one was drinking a small amount. You'd think that there would be a shot of Bob sneaking out a bottle and chugging it or at least battling over it.

Well, I think this season just hit it's peak, at least before the inevitable mid-season break.  But, aside from a few changes (for the better), this plot point stayed pretty true to the source material.

I'm going to guess the next few episodes are going to be a flashback/sidebar to what happened to Beth starting from when she was taken until Carol/Daryl superteam rescued her.

But hey, at least Tyrese seems to have finally put down his knitting needles and got his groove back!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back