AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

I kind of doubt a whole lot will happen in the finale.  Probably just reveal Sanctuary as hunters/cannibals and have some cliffhanger about that danger.  And that will take up the first half of next season before they move on and start dealing with Negan (assuming they keep some semblance with the comics).

I kind of doubt a whole lot will happen in the finale. Probably just reveal Sanctuary as hunters/cannibals and have some cliffhanger about that danger. And that will take up the first half of next season before they move on and start dealing with Negan (assuming they keep some semblance with the comics).
If it continues to run somewhat parallel to the comics I'd say Negan is at least 2 seasons away. There's still Alexandria and all the crap that happens there. Plus they'll probably throw in their own material for half a season.

If it continues to run somewhat parallel to the comics I'd say Negan is at least 2 seasons away. There's still Alexandria and all the crap that happens there. Plus they'll probably throw in their own material for half a season.
True. I was guessing they'd skip some of that to get back to having a main villain again sooner rather than later. Though I guess they can introduce one of their own in Sanctuary to fill the Governor's void for a while.

Why do I have this strange feeling that the mother of the two girls was in that van?

Something tells me that that lady was cooking up the last series of visitors on her grill.

This finale better be worth the dicking around these past few weeks. I'll be super pissed if most of the cast is killed/eaten and that guy still doesn't say shit about how it all started.
i say they never say how it all started. He just said he knew what started it so they would not leave him behind and would protect him.

I mean why not tell everyone how it started. If you get killed what good is the info. AND Who the hell cares how it started, i would rather have some one to tell me how to end it then how it started .

It started this way... Okay how do we fix it... I have no fucking idea but at least i know how it started LoL

I wonder if they'll introduce Jesus since they brought in Michonne.
I kind of hope not. Unless they reel them in. Jesus, Negan, guy with the tiger, etc. all kind of feel just like they fit better in a comic instead of a TV series. They were able to make the Governor work, so I guess it can be done. How could they do Negan though. I feel like he would just end up being kind of like the TV version of the Governor.

LOL

9P6HHkK.png
cOYh266.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even close to the same sweater.  Beth's has angular/horizontal ribs, crazy bitch has a knitted, black pattern.

Edit:  And the lighter color thing is a button up shirt on Beth, and is far darker/dirtier on her as well, so unless the Cannibals/whatever have a stash of Tide w/ Stain Lifter, I don't think that's it either.

Not even close to the same sweater. Beth's has angular/horizontal ribs, crazy bitch has a knitted, black pattern.

Edit: And the lighter color thing is a button up shirt on Beth, and is far darker/dirtier on her as well, so unless the Cannibals/whatever have a stash of Tide w/ Stain Lifter, I don't think that's it either.
6304de93443108594f34ded3faafd035d0073e1e92a5a67b85c7e61d2b92103f.jpg

I think AMC does that with their shows. IIRC Mad Men used Breaking Bad or The Walking Dead props too. Something along the lines of that...
Yeah, I think it's just people digging too deep into Easter eggs. But how awesome would it be if Walts meth caused the outbreak.

Ok, serious prediction for tonight Re: Beth...

She was kidnapped by the cannibals.  Taking from the book, they hacked off her leg and that's what was cooking when the first group arrived.  Beth is still alive, subdued in a back room of Terminus.

The group eats and is not suspicious of anything, no more than usual anyways.  Daryl and his new posse show up, things get hairy, some people die, Carl gets shot (again), Stookey is a goner but the majority of the important cast survive.  It's then that Daryl tells them about Beth getting kidnapped, some stuff happens and somebody finds Beth, sans her leg, and the realization hits that the meat they had been enjoying was her leg.  Rick snaps and beats that woman into a bloody pulp (and any other Cannibals are brutally slaughtered by Daryl and the rest of the crew).

Beth rejoins the crew as the series' new token amputee.

lol @ the guy in the beginning not running from the zombies

holy crap Rick O.O

carl almost getting raped was disturbing as hell

Daryl gets a beat down and gets up like nothing happened haha

HELLLLPPPPPP

-ignores running through the hilariously big gap between the zombies-

Abraham: Find out what?

Rick: they dont know who they messing with.

Me: ........ and zZzz

All thsoe bullets bursting into white spots like they had cocaine in them, maybe breaking bad Easter egg? also my god its as if tyrese was up there shooting haven't they heard of the good old rule?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H3o8r7JgGY

So two hot lesbians most we get is hand holding but AMC was ok with that dude fucking carl. got it

lol @ the guy in the beginning not running from the zombies

holy crap Rick O.O

carl almost getting raped was disturbing as hell

Daryl gets a beat down and gets up like nothing happened haha
The thing with Carl happened in the book, so that came as no surprise.

And overall, what a lame finale... a fucking slow going cliffhanger? Really? And no mention of Beth, other than "She left"... :sigh:

HELLLLPPPPPP

-ignores running through the hilariously big gap between the zombies-

Abraham: Find out what?

Rick: they dont know who they messing with.

Me: ........ and zZzz

All thsoe bullets bursting into white spots like they had cocaine in them, maybe breaking bad Easter egg? also my god its as if tyrese was up there shooting haven't they heard of the good old rule?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H3o8r7JgGY

They weren't trying to hit them. They were corralling them, just like the cattle they will become.

The true message from the finale was "Don't do drugs". If you smoke up, you'll let your camp get overrun and get zombified.

I came back, and the walls were down... and I heard the moaning. I saw my brother and bf.... and.. and they were high.....

And no mention of Beth, other than "She left"... :sigh:
Should've just had Daryl say "her contract was up".

Also: What in the fuck did I just watch? What a joke.

Is it far too late in the game to say this show has jumped the shark? Or has the shark leapfrogged over it so it could jump the shark again?

I honestly felt like I was watching an episode of an 80's action show. I realize the baddies were "corralling" them, but with the corny fight sequences/acting, and just.. well.. everything, I felt like I was watching The Walking A-Team.

All we need is Rick to puff a cigar at the end of that episode and say "I love it when a plan comes together."

piEwWKQ.jpg

(/end rant)

why didnt all that noise bring all of the zombies from the woods.   Man this show is getting lamer and lamer

Season 1  they escape the CDC

Season 2  farm gets overran  and they show the prison  (oooo)

season 3   PRison gets attacked and they go back  to the town to get the rest of the people  (big woop)
season 4    Rick goes they dont know who they are messing with   ( stupidest piece of crap  in 4 seasons)  

something tells me  season 5   they  somehow get out within the first  3 or 4  shows   this  entire  place is just a stopgap and will not play major role in the show 

then again the entire  season 4.5 was a major joke 

I really enjoyed the episode. I like Rick's character. Since he's the leader, he gets stuck with making the tough unpopular decisions so it's easy to like other characters more like Daryl. Thought it was interesting to see him compose himself pretty well after the fight broke out. To me, it came across as a guy that does a good job at compartmentalizing. It was about time they explained Michonne's back story a little more. I was disappointed that Eugene didn't really get to talk much. I wanted to hear more of what he had to say. Nice tease into Season 5. fuckers.

I know in the comic carl is still learning how to control his psychic power do you think they'll push for a quicker showing of his powers in season 4 to help escape  the train car?

I kind of doubt a whole lot will happen in the finale. Probably just reveal Sanctuary as hunters/cannibals and have some cliffhanger about that danger. And that will take up the first half of next season before they move on and start dealing with Negan (assuming they keep some semblance with the comics).
Well I called that about the finale. Still disappointing and one of the worst season finales I've ever seen.

also love how  they go... Lets hide these weapons just incase something  happens and the place is bad. 

Ummm if you might think that the place is bad why dont you sent  one or two people in, then tell them to come out and get the rest of the party   if its okay. if  not the rest of the party could   try to  save them.  like i said the entire season was nothing but  a joke. I mean the governor was driving around all this time and never ran into any of these signs   or the people never seen the prison  before this. 

I don't know about this one.

Honestly , the big shocker would have been IF Rick and his group discovered that the terminus group ATE Maggie and her group.  That would have been a BIG WTF moment to have so many people killed/eaten off screen. 

I doubt the walkers would be able to pin point the sounds of the gunfire at Terminus. 

Yes I was really disturbed that the guy was about to Rape Carl.   Did not expect Rick to munch on the guys neck like that.  But yes the fat dude deserved to be offed like he did.   Rick is slowly becoming corrupt like the Governor.  So now season 5 is all about how Evil Rick can be?

Honestly , the big shocker would have been IF Rick and his group discovered that the terminus group ATE Maggie and her group. That would have been a BIG WTF moment to have so many people killed/eaten off screen.

I doubt the walkers would be able to pin point the sounds of the gunfire at Terminus.

Yes I was really disturbed that the guy was about to Rape Carl. Did not expect Rick to munch on the guys neck like that. But yes the fat dude deserved to be offed like he did. Rick is slowly becoming corrupt like the Governor. So now season 5 is all about how Evil Rick can be?
i bet rick found a book that was in the Cabin in the woods they were walking though :)

walkers could tell where all the noise was coming from at the prison but not terminus. Plus there are no walker anywhere around the place.

I don't like the Terminus guy much. It looks like they are going to eaten by Ashton Kutcher.

I'm usually very positive about the show, and was liking the first 25 - 30 minutes, but ending on Terminus felt flat. I was surprised how quickly Daryl's new friends were dispatched. All that talk about rules and men like them. I thought they were going to maybe try to go with them being the baddies for at least some of next season, but one quick mouthful and you knew it was over for them. I had no problems with what Rick did. Seemed pretty much like the normal thing to do in the situation.

I think they needed to kill off someone. If at least someone was gone, or maybe Maggie was on the grill, then thing things would've been good. Season 2 had Sophia, Dale, and Shane. Season 3 had T Dawg, Lori, and Andrea. This season had Hershel (and the Governor if you count bad guys). The main cast did surprisingly well for getting into a huge gun battle, fighting a tank and being scattered to the wind after having to flee the prison.

The entrance to Terminus looked like a concentration camp. Everything all calm and serene. Nobody suspects anything and then just walking the mto their train cars.

The lack of Walkers was pretty bad. They spend tons of time just shooting at people to herd them with automatic weapons but apparently don't get hit by a giant swarm of zombies.

Finally -  the upbeat/angry Rick at the end just seemed bad. They don't know who they are messing with. Well you guys are all locked in a train car with no weapons or light.

I'm going to guess that this is just going to be a quick stopover for the firs half of next season before they start trying to follow Eugene (or maybe start forshadowing Negan). I do miss the Governor though. He was always fun to watch.

Honestly , the big shocker would have been IF Rick and his group discovered that the terminus group ATE Maggie and her group. That would have been a BIG WTF moment to have so many people killed/eaten off screen.

Yes I was really disturbed that the guy was about to Rape Carl. Did not expect Rick to munch on the guys neck like that. But yes the fat dude deserved to be offed like he did. Rick is slowly becoming corrupt like the Governor. So now season 5 is all about how Evil Rick can be?
That's what I was expecting but, as I said a few pages back, Beth being the meat du jour. They'd still find her mostly alive, but missing a part or two.

Something tells me that the guy Rick's group encountered that was jumped by the walkers and Rick did not help him was someone who probably escaped from Terminus. 

That first scene where Rick's group introduced themselves to the Terminus group for a few seconds I was like, "Are they making drugs?" until I saw them painting maps.

"Rick is slowly becoming corrupt like the governor." I glad someone finall caught this. Just by looking at the last screencap you can see that their foreshadowing this transformation. Take a look: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s59bgecip9vexf/Screenshot%202014-03-31%2022.53.25.png

Rick is going to battle his demons sure, but what it boils down to is Rick and Co. have been through so much shit that on even ground Terminus doesn't stand a chance. After realizing they're cannibals the group will ruthlessly kill everyone with little cost to them establishing "We are the mutherfuckers now." Essentially the bad guys will be the underdogs for once.

Good episode/ weak season finale.

When my wife asked me who I thought was going to die in this episode, I told her "probably no one". My logic was that they blew their wad with the mid-season finale...which should have been the season 3 finale (I maintain the opinion that it would have been had Hershel and The Governor not become such popular characters...hell, people are still upset that Hershel is gone). So, now...the show is kind of just behind in its progression, and really, that could be by design now.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised for the mid-season finale to become the big "OH SHIT!" moments, with the season finale mostly being a preview for what the next season will bring. It might be unconventional...but in a way, it makes sense with this 13-16 episode format. With the mid-season finale, you only have 2 months before new episodes air. So, having a huge cliffhanger, "oh shit!" moment, with a smaller timeframe before getting any resolution would be more agreeable than at the season finale when there will be 6+ months between new episodes. That's just too much time to carry the intensity and suspense, and a lot of people would need a recap episode to remember what was going on. From that perspective, I didn't mind the low-key ending so much.

What did bother me a bit though was the scene with the bandits. It was just such a bad situation for Rick & co. and once Daryl revealed his cards by showing that he knew Rick, there was just no reasonable way for all of them to make it out of that alive. So, Rick bites their leader...and suddenly, the rest of the gang is terrified into submission? They just stood there like "WTF??" and basically allowed themselves to be shot/stabbed/bludgeoned. I hated it.

I guess it had to be "Rick's moment", but I wanted my damn Daryl "Rambo moment". (truthfully, what I wanted a few episodes ago was for Daryl to discover that these bandits had Beth, and to just lose his mind murdering them in savage John Rambo fashion...I thought that's what the "some piece of ass got you all mixed up" preview was alluding to).

But after seeing what that group did to their own (the guy Daryl feuded with) and being told that they were after a guy who killed one of their men, Daryl should have known there was no way in hell they would just let Rick/Michonne/Carl go. Daryl had the upper hand there and could have caught them off guard by turning on them and creating a more realistic fight. I honestly hated that scene more than the ending in Terminus. At least the Terminus scene made sense...intentionally shooting around them to corral them like cattle, appearing weaker than they actually were, etc.

When my wife asked me who I thought was going to die in this episode, I told her "probably no one". My logic was that they blew their wad with the mid-season finale...which should have been the season 3 finale (I maintain the opinion that it would have been had Hershel and The Governor not become such popular characters...hell, people are still upset that Hershel is gone). So, now...the show is kind of just behind in its progression, and really, that could be by design now.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised for the mid-season finale to become the big "OH SHIT!" moments, with the season finale mostly being a preview for what the next season will bring. It might be unconventional...but in a way, it makes sense with this 13-16 episode format. With the mid-season finale, you only have 2 months before new episodes air. So, having a huge cliffhanger, "oh shit!" moment, with a smaller timeframe before getting any resolution would be more agreeable than at the season finale when there will be 6+ months between new episodes. That's just too much time to carry the intensity and suspense, and a lot of people would need a recap episode to remember what was going on. From that perspective, I didn't mind the low-key ending so much.

What did bother me a bit though was the scene with the bandits. It was just such a bad situation for Rick & co. and once Daryl revealed his cards by showing that he knew Rick, there was just no reasonable way for all of them to make it out of that alive. So, Rick bites their leader...and suddenly, the rest of the gang is terrified into submission? They just stood there like "WTF??" and basically allowed themselves to be shot/stabbed/bludgeoned. I hated it.

I guess it had to be "Rick's moment", but I wanted my damn Daryl "Rambo moment". (truthfully, what I wanted a few episodes ago was for Daryl to discover that these bandits had Beth, and to just lose his mind murdering them in savage John Rambo fashion...I thought that's what the "some piece of ass got you all mixed up" preview was alluding to).

But after seeing what that group did to their own (the guy Daryl feuded with) and being told that they were after a guy who killed one of their men, Daryl should have known there was no way in hell they would just let Rick/Michonne/Carl go. Daryl had the upper hand there and could have caught them off guard by turning on them and creating a more realistic fight. I honestly hated that scene more than the ending in Terminus. At least the Terminus scene made sense...intentionally shooting around them to corral them like cattle, appearing weaker than they actually were, etc.
I think the Marauders mentally acted more like a pack of wild dogs, with their leader being the obvious Alpha. He was taken down and panic set in, more or less submitting to the new Alpha (Rick).

I think the Marauders mentally acted more like a pack of wild dogs, with their leader being the obvious Alpha. He was taken down and panic set in, more or less submitting to the new Alpha (Rick).
Well, I know that's what they were trying to imply...but that just seems like such a cop out. The whole "men like us" nonsense. Maybe I just expected more out of them. I guess if you saw them as posers, then yeah..it would make sense. But I took them to be the real deal (especially when you consider how they were acting at that house...choking each other out over a bed).

Not this "Oh noes! Our leader has been hurt. How do I use a weapon again???" That just felt unauthentic to me. Like I said, practically speaking, there's no way Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl all make it out of that alive.

Well, I know that's what they were trying to imply...but that just seems like such a cop out. The whole "men like us" nonsense. Maybe I just expected more out of them. I guess if you saw them as posers, then yeah..it would make sense. But I took them to be the real deal (especially when you consider how they were acting at that house...choking each other out over a bed).

Not this "Oh noes! Our leader has been hurt. How do I use a weapon again???" That just felt unauthentic to me. Like I said, practically speaking, there's no way Rick, Daryl, Michonne, and Carl all make it out of that alive.
yeap as soon as rick bit that dude the others would of blew them away simple as that.

While I don't buy it in those movies with entire armies bowing down because one leader dies, when its that kind of situation where someone with all those rules that Joe had dies, I can kinda see his people being stunned by someone who was able to best Joe.

I'd say the more unrealistic thing is that Joe just didn't shoot first, but then again, I'm sure it had to do with his rules, and wanting to get even for the guy that got strangled.

bread's done
Back