AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

I like to think that people can stand behind the zombie head fish tanks and act out TV shows. There's probably a lot of playful disagreement on what show to watch between various Woodsbury subjects. Some people want Zombie Court. Other people want the lovable sitcom My Dad the Undead. Still others argue for ZombESPN because everyone knows zombies kick ass at curling. And beach volleyball, oddly enough.

They'd probably do a cooking show also, but no zombie heads are big enough to adequately portray Giada de Laurentiis or Paula Deen, you just can't suspend belief hard enough for that.

[quote name='Bezerker']He has a wall of zombie heads in fish tanks, nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Daryl has an ear necklace. And we already live in a world where people mount animal heads on their walls. I'll grant that having a wall of zombie heads is pretty extreme, but I don't think it puts him at the level of depravity he's at in the comics.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']the preview said next week is the mid season finale. how long will the hiatus last?[/QUOTE]

It's painfully long... Last year it was until February! :whistle2:(

Has anyone read Rise of the Governor? Holy shit! Just finished it!

Ha.
One black guy rule still in effect. Bye Oscar. Hello Tyreese.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ced']Ha.
One black guy still rule in effect. Bye Oscar. Hello Tyreese.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its embarrassing how obvious they're making it now lol. Oh well hello Tyreese indeed.

Also in typical fashion the final 10 minutes are 10x better then the entire episode.:roll:

"Glenn can barely walk" -5mins later- Glenn is running with the group

Loved the Wolverine Shane swag walk out of nowhere.

[quote name='renique46']Yeah, its embarrassing how obvious they're making it now lol. Oh well hello Tyreese indeed.

Also in typical fashion the final 10 minutes are 10x better then the entire episode.:roll:

"Glenn can barely walk" -5mins later- Glenn is running with the group

Loved the Wolverine Shane swag walk out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see it coming, but it made sense when I thought about it afterward.

I thought Shane walk was pretty random though. Makes me miss Shane that much more though.

I wonder

Even though they didn't give any real hints to it, I wonder if Merle is going to be a plant for the Governor to try to arrange at making war on the Prison. Governor seemed pretty pissed off about the whole Michonne being a live thing, but he may not throw a useful tool like Merle away. Merle could take the place of that guy who spied during the comic book show who was eventually ran over by the SUV (or whatever it was) and this time driven by Daryl. lol

I could be of course wrong and the Gov could just be super pissed off about having his eye gouged out and having his zom-daughter put down. Even with the Governor being a major piece of work he gives good answers on why he has the fish tanks and comes off a lot deeper than his comic counterpart, kind of like Shane did.

Big props to the epic fail that is the spoiler in the preview of the next episode completely destroying any impact that final scene had.

Are you talking about what Carl asked? That's I thought.

What he asked
suggested that Merle and Darryl escape and they both retreat to the prison

Mid-season cliffhanger = awesome!

Spoiling mid-season cliffhanger a mere 30 seconds later in the preview = :lol:

Come on AMC!

finally some action. seriously thats what i hate about walking dead (never read the comics), it takes a long time for something to happen. past 3-4 episodes i would watch and browse the internet on my smartphone at the same time. yesterday that didnt happen lol.

on another note, homeland was amazing. as always

Good episode but I have to agree with Soodmeg, the gun fight was ridiculous. It felt like an old G.I. Joe episode shotout. I didn't understand the "Shane look-a-like" thing. The guy was obviously much closer to Rick, but instead shoots at Oscar who seemed like half a football field away. Rick was behind terrible cover (some kinda solor panel thing) It's not like the guy didn't have a clear shot.

The writers have had trouble writing the militia members of Woodbury consistently. The majority of them aren't supposed to be highly trained or skilled killers like Rick's group. They're just people with a lot of guns and a high fence which allows them to mow down walkers with ease but perhaps not accuracy. Merle is the only one who can go out in the woods and come back alive, apparently. We've seen Michonne out fight the militia and now Rick's crew did the same. The girl that was going to "train" Andrea is also indicative of how much of a poor shot these people are. Of course, this is somewhat contradicted by the way they successfully encircled a National Guard troops without being noticed, then mowed them all down without that National Guard returning fire once. While there should have been more cover for Rick's gang, the smoke grenades throwing off the Woodbury militia makes a lot of sense. The only thing the Woodbury militia have going for them is blind loyalty to the Governor and larger numbers than Rick + Tyreese's crew, which makes me think this is going to play out like it did in the comic books, especially now that the Governor is unnerved and really off his rocker.

Good episode ending.........ruined a few minutes later by sneak peaks at redneck brosephs not being executed.

Someone posted a few pics somewhere online about Daryl being hung from what looked like a beam and killed. I do not desire such a thing.

As for what someone said about GI. JOE type shoot outs. I was thinking the same thing. Either that or the Stormtrooper effect from star wars.

man i hope the 2nd part is better... i hope the Governor really flips out now

i love how of the few people they found to be in their town they had an Eye doctor

As soon as the black guy went on this trip I knew the writers wouldn't have balls to kill off a main character but some guy whos barely been in three episodes yeah its not part of the comics of someone dying from the main group but they have no problem changing shit around

[quote name='Soodmeg']

Its not been bad.... at least they are replacing the black guys they kill off.....and Glenn as an Asian gets a decent amount of screen time.[/QUOTE]
Yup t-dawg dies new black prisoner comes in black prisoner dies new black guy with shovel comes in
I guess if guy with shovel dies there's always that black man and his son back in atlanta

[quote name='ced']Ha.
One black guy rule still in effect. Bye Oscar. Hello Tyreese.
[/QUOTE]
lmao.
meme_faces

[quote name='GUNNM']As soon as the black guy went on this trip I knew the writers wouldn't have balls to kill off a main character but some guy whos barely been in three episodes yeah its not part of the comics of someone dying from the main group but they have no problem changing shit around[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they're changing things, even just a little bit here and there. But something drastic would be welcome, too - and not just the introduction of "new" characters (that is, not in the comics).

A shame HOW they're killing off some of these folks, though - getting a bit predictable, like you said.

Hopefully Tyreese is presented and written a hell of a lot better than michonne.

Also

I4efU.png

When fighting the Governor, Michonne should have pushed his daughter into him so we would have been caught off guard then put her sword through both of them.

And boy does Andrea piss me off, she's my least favourite character. She's totally useless and instead of helping Daryl she just stares.

Andrea's character in the show is a total role reversal than in the comics where she's one of the most useful characters.

They hint and tease a little bit with the idea of
Andrea being a "good shot" and the potential of her becoming an expert marksman but it's only been a tease thus far.
I wouldn't mind her getting killed off since I'm not sure if they can salvage her character. I'm fully expecting her to turn against the Gov. but the damage to her character is done.

[quote name='renique46']Hopefully Tyreese is presented and written a hell of a lot better than michonne.

Also

I4efU.png
[/QUOTE]

Most likely because the bite made her weak, light-headed, or prone to passing out.

[quote name='Calipso']

Someone posted a few pics somewhere online about Daryl being hung from what looked like a beam and killed. I do not desire such a thing.

[/QUOTE]

If your talking about this, dont worry you were lied too.
534076_172577879554370_953127786_n.jpg
Too bad people cant figure out the problem with the pic.
Pandorum

[quote name='renique46']
If your talking about this, dont worry you were lied too.
534076_172577879554370_953127786_n.jpg
Too bad people cant figure out the problem with the pic.
Pandorum
[/QUOTE]

Glad to see I was successfully trolled on here and on /tv/. /sigh. I guess I'm happy it was just a troll and not a legit screenie.

I still miss T-Dog.
36gjfc.jpg
cm-30079-150985f1718d4c.jpeg

I've definitely enjoyed this season more than season 2.

I can't wait to watch the second half!

One other thought.

This show has been an absolute juggernaut in TV ratings. IT IS KILLING IT!
I believe the TWD premiere beat the Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, and Breaking Bad premieres combined.
That's nuts! Not to mention I don't believe it has dipped under 4.7 so far this season, that's just unbelievable.

I'm quite surprised due to the premise of the show. However, it proves come
for the zombies and stay for the people.

My tivo messed up and wouldn't record this or burn notice last weekend. By the time I got it fixed I had to wait until last night to catch a rerun. A few points...

[quote name='Soodmeg']Alright walking dead...you are starting to screw up a little bit. This episode was kinda disappointing. Still good but it feels like you are slipping back into your old ways.

Merle has got to stop kung fuing everyone he comes across. That A-Team like shoot out was effing ridiculous. There is a like 5 guys shooting machines guns and no one is hitting anything even though there isnt really any cover around. Didnt know fog reflected bullets so well.

Oscar gets hit by a shotgun from like the other side of the world apparently. I understand..real life shotguns have a range of blah blah blah...Oscar looked like he just got hit by a Barret .50 cal. Oscar is the only one standing behind any cover in-between a bus and a wall. Randomly having Shane walk down the street just so Rick as an excuse not to shot that guy so he can kill Oscar just seemed lazy. I mean...you are already in the middle of a gun fight...just have him get hit walking casually walking across the park with the rest of the group.

I do love how we still get badass Carl. No more crying for him thank god. More Carl taking charge the better.

Lastly, the ending scene would have had a greater impact if there were more than 20 people in the town.

But I still love how the series is turning out this season...hopefully that dont regress.[/QUOTE]Not super impressed by this episode either and I think it's because they don't handle action as well as they should. The shootout was ridiculous. There were smoke grenades involved and little light which would cause confusion, but little cover and some of Woodbury's better fighters were involved. Oscar was standing on the hood of the bus helping others up. He was exposed and up high and definitely in range of the shotgun, but not at an optimum distance. The wound looked like it was supposed to be a slug not buckshot.

I liked the Shane sequence as it show how broken Rick still is and thank god Carl is a little bad ass instead of a whiny Dale killing bitch.
[quote name='Rodimus']Good episode but I have to agree with Soodmeg, the gun fight was ridiculous. It felt like an old G.I. Joe episode shotout. I didn't understand the "Shane look-a-like" thing. The guy was obviously much closer to Rick, but instead shoots at Oscar who seemed like half a football field away. Rick was behind terrible cover (some kinda solor panel thing) It's not like the guy didn't have a clear shot.[/QUOTE]Oscar was a very prime target standing on the hood of the bus. Maybe the guy was focused on keeping people inside the wall as opposed to closest target. With bullets flying things get confusing and these aren't trained soldiers. He was walking down the middle of the road as opposed to firing from cover. They could have put Rick a little more behind cover from him though. I know I'd shoot the guy with the assault rifle shooting at me before I'd shoot the guy scaling a wall.

[quote name='kodave']The writers have had trouble writing the militia members of Woodbury consistently. The majority of them aren't supposed to be highly trained or skilled killers like Rick's group. They're just people with a lot of guns and a high fence which allows them to mow down walkers with ease but perhaps not accuracy. Merle is the only one who can go out in the woods and come back alive, apparently. We've seen Michonne out fight the militia and now Rick's crew did the same. The girl that was going to "train" Andrea is also indicative of how much of a poor shot these people are. Of course, this is somewhat contradicted by the way they successfully encircled a National Guard troops without being noticed, then mowed them all down without that National Guard returning fire once. While there should have been more cover for Rick's gang, the smoke grenades throwing off the Woodbury militia makes a lot of sense. The only thing the Woodbury militia have going for them is blind loyalty to the Governor and larger numbers than Rick + Tyreese's crew, which makes me think this is going to play out like it did in the comic books, especially now that the Governor is unnerved and really off his rocker.[/QUOTE]I think the point is like you said the wall sentries are really mostly untrained and poor shots who have the luxury of big walls to shoot slow walkers. Then there are the "elite guard" if you will, who go on missions outside the walls and are good aim and better fighters. The National Guard take down was kinda iffy too. I know they are expecting trouble from walkers not people, but I know they would be on guard much better than that. Not saying they couldn't have been ambushed and taken out, but they would have put up a better fight.

[quote name='slidecage']man i hope the 2nd part is better... i hope the Governor really flips out now

i love how of the few people they found to be in their town they had an Eye doctor[/QUOTE]Wasn't it the town doctor who treated him? It's a wound in the eye which requires a doctor with trauma knowledge, not an eye doctor.

[quote name='GUNNM']As soon as the black guy went on this trip I knew the writers wouldn't have balls to kill off a main character but some guy whos barely been in three episodes yeah its not part of the comics of someone dying from the main group but they have no problem changing shit around[/QUOTE]I thought that too. I definitely viewed him as a star trek red shirt and once I saw Tyreese I knew it was over for him. How jacked up is that? Should Michonne watch out since another black girl was introduced too? Damn. On the other hand, it didn't feel like time to kill off another main character after the recent drama and they had to suffer some sort of casualty. Badass to see Maggie put one in the brain so he wouldn't turn although I might have left him hoping he would turn and catch the townies off guard.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I've definitely enjoyed this season more than season 2.

I can't wait to watch the second half!

One other thought.

This show has been an absolute juggernaut in TV ratings. IT IS KILLING IT!
I believe the TWD premiere beat the Mad Men, Hell on Wheels, and Breaking Bad premieres combined.
That's nuts! Not to mention I don't believe it has dipped under 4.7 so far this season, that's just unbelievable.

I'm quite surprised due to the premise of the show. However, it proves come
for the zombies and stay for the people.[/QUOTE]Forget it beating Mad Men, Hell on Wheels (how's that show's ratings, I need to get caught up on it, too), and Breaking Bad combined. It was the number one fall premiere PERIOD even beating network shows which are much more accessible to viewers. You'd be surprised how many people still watch TV over the air or just have the most basic cable. Plus, Dish was still not carrying AMC at the time. Impressive indeed.

Surprised no one bumped this yet with the show coming back from break last night.

Decent episode to kick off the second half of the season. Looking forward to the show down between the two groups.

Last night's episode was alright. It felt really slow though but I would imagine that's a function of it having to set up the whole second part of the season. What happened at the very end of the episode
with Rick seeing the mysterious woman
really bothered me though and felt completely out of place.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Last night's episode was alright. It felt really slow though but I would imagine that's a function of it having to set up the whole second part of the season. What happened at the very end of the episode
with Rick seeing the mysterious woman
really bothered me though and felt completely out of place.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure he was just hallucinating and seeing Lori.

Not really out of place since he's been going crazy--i.e. talking to Lori on the phone a few episodes back.

Decent show last night, I'm more excited about what this episode sets up (
the eventual Rick and Governor showdown, Merle/Daryl storyline
) than I was for this episode in particular.

Things that I don't like are Michonne's stoicism towards a group of people she desperately needs and a decisive lack of T-Dog.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
Pretty sure he was just hallucinating and seeing Lori.

Not really out of place since he's been going crazy--i.e. talking to Lori on the phone a few episodes back.[/QUOTE]
I didn't say there was no foundation for it, just that it felt put of place. Primarily because it felt like a storyline that had already resolved itself rather than being drawn into the second part of the season.

TWD shattered numbers last night again, netting over 12.3M viewers.

Expect a fourth season renewal soon. With those numbers, I wouldn't be surprised if they went ahead and renewed it for a fifth season.

Great episode last night just wish this was the second one back from the break and the finale was one episode previous. Just a little too much setup for a season return IMHO

[quote name='Scorch']Expect a fourth season renewal soon. [/QUOTE]
???

"It was announced on December 21st, 2012, that The Walking Dead had been renewed for a fourth season."

[quote name='drktrpr1']Decent show last night, I'm more excited about what this episode sets up (
the eventual Rick and Governor showdown, Merle/Daryl storyline
) than I was for this episode in particular.

Things that I don't like are Michonne's stoicism towards a group of people she desperately needs and a decisive lack of T-Dog.[/QUOTE]

YoTp8mP.png

Guess Lori sightings will replace the Lori phone calls from the books. He takes the baby and the blonde girl says she has Lori's eyes and Rick gets all weird, my first instinct was he saw Shane in the babies face... Since Daryl is gone for now I bet they have that lesbian looking woman be the victim of the inmate... That again for the comic readers... I see Merle and Daryl returning once the Govenors crew raids the prison and saving the day.

Need to get caught up on the books looks like i'm 11 behind. :/

Didn't like the episode at all. Felt very lackluster.

Andrea's speech was just as bad as the President's from Independence Day.

[quote name='MisterModest']???

"It was announced on December 21st, 2012, that The Walking Dead had been renewed for a fourth season."[/QUOTE]

He was just a little off... But he was right :lol:

Ok Episode. Good seeing more Tyrese. My buddy (who I'm not fond of honestly) posted on Facebook "Will people stop talking about the Walking Dead! I'm on season 2 still." Mind you, dude has had no job since it started and still doesn't so he could catch up easily. I asked him if he saw the episode where Lori dies. I don't think he liked me spoiling it so he deleted me. Worked just as planned!

[quote name='Calipso']Didn't like the episode at all. Felt very lackluster.

Andrea's speech was just as bad as the President's from Independence Day.[/QUOTE]

nailed it. I thought the same thing.

I also thought the episode was lame and was poorly paced. Don't expect some of the characters to meet the same fate as the comics though.

edit: LOLZ @ the Black Highlander meme. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

bread's done
Back