AMC's The Walking Dead - S3 2nd half starts 02/10/13 9PM ET

[quote name='GUNNM']Agreed I'm glad I never read the comics because the ending of this episode made me say dammmmmmmn and
I felt bad for the old man as he saw the people he was saving get killed
[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong since its been a couple years since I read those earlier issues but almost none of tonight's episode was in the comics.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I could be wrong since its been a couple years since I read those earlier issues but almost none of tonight's episode was in the comics.[/QUOTE]

Well at one point they do open up the barn and kill everyone inside. Thats about it though.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Well at one point they do open up the barn and kill everyone inside. Thats about it though.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I remember that but the way it happened is totally different if I remember correctly.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The slow pacing and prolonged storyline(s) were well worth that payoff.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't agree more
[quote name='blindinglights']Yeah, the comic is drastically different regarding Sophia and the barn incident is a lot different as well.[/QUOTE]
I am glad they are different. I am ordering some of the books tonight!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']yeah, I remember that but the way it happened is totally different if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

yeah im the comics they escape somehow and a bunch of his kids get killed off due to it.

wow aside from some chatty bits this was a good episode......guess the world is about to end now isnt it?

now the question remains did
she die somehwere else and was later herded into the barn or did she sneak into the barn for safety at night not knowing what was inside and was then attacked?

[quote name='lokizz']wow aside from some chatty bits this was a good episode......guess the world is about to end now isnt it?

now the question remains did
she die somehwere else and was later herded into the barn or did she sneak into the barn for safety at night not knowing what was inside and was then attacked?
[/QUOTE]

Irrelevant question because
it wouldn't matter how she got in the barn Hershel would have had to have noticed she was there since they were feeding them so he did the dick thing and let them search for her everyday when they would never find her
I'm liking Shane more and more

Wow, you guys remind me of a starving man who found taco bell and now thinks its the greatest food of all time.

Another shit episode with a very anticlimactic ending. We all knew that exact thing was coming and when it finally happened there was no danger involved. At least in the comic when they broke out they attacked some people before being forced down. Here they just stood around...for fucks sake I never would have guess it would be this hard to create a since of danger in a zombie show.

I wanted a bigger payoff especially since this is the last episode until February. The entire season wasted to build up to a part that was extremely predictable with no sense of danger. The only plus is we can now finally stop talking about you know who.

I applaud their ability of making a zombie Apocalypse boring at every turn.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I could be wrong since its been a couple years since I read those earlier issues but almost none of tonight's episode was in the comics.[/QUOTE]

Well they did say that not all will be the same.

When they started shooting I had a feeling she was in there. I think a lot of the episodes have been filler but the pay off was worth it. I'm wondering now what will happen next.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, you guys remind me of a starving man who found taco bell and now thinks its the greatest food of all time.[/QUOTE]
LMAO, it's so true.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, you guys remind me of a starving man who found taco bell and now thinks its the greatest food of all time.

Another shit episode with a very anticlimactic ending. We all knew that exact thing was coming and when it finally happened there was no danger involved. At least in the comic when they broke out they attacked some people before being forced down. Here they just stood around...for fucks sake I never would have guess it would be this hard to create a since of danger in a zombie show.

I wanted a bigger payoff especially since this is the last episode until February. The entire season wasted to build up to a part that was extremely predictable with no sense of danger. The only plus is we can now finally stop talking about you know who.

I applaud their ability of making a zombie Apocalypse boring at every turn.[/QUOTE]

All your opinion really.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Wow, you guys remind me of a starving man who found taco bell and now thinks its the greatest food of all time.

I applaud their ability of making a zombie Apocalypse boring at every turn.[/QUOTE]
So that makes you the guy at the front of the line bitching about how Taco Bell's food always sucks before you put in an order?

Remind me why you keep watching this show anyway. If you found absolutely nothing redeeming about last night's episode then you should stop watching because at this point no matter what they do will not be sufficient enough to entertain you. Not that there's anything wrong with that but really, at this point you'll never be happy with this show.

[quote name='Jodou']LMAO, it's so true.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']You guys are hilarious. Every week you bitch the show sucked and yet you continue to watch. Move on already, it's not going to get better. That was obvious even before S1 ended.[/QUOTE]

So either you're talking out of your ass and you didn't watch last night's episode or you're being a hypocrite. Either way, why is it that you keep coming back to this thread since you've made you're distaste for this show so abundantly clear? Just to troll the thread?

As for me? I still feel like that was easily the best moment of not only this show but it ranks among the most memorable moments of any of my favorite shows. The tension throughout the entire episode was excellent. It almost felt like the way The Sopranos used to build up tension in their interactions. The conflict immediately before the barn opening was great but another moment that stood out to me was when Shane confronted Dale while hiding the guns. While they had previously hinted at and dealt with how far Shane has gone, this was the best moment to show that he's a predator. Also, the fact that it was Rick that had to step up to shoot her was also particularly well done because it not only highlighted his guilt over causing that to happen to her but also the fact that he couldn't uphold his deal to Herschel.

Overall it was an excellently crafted episode and while I understand the reason they had to drag out finding Sophie to help build the tension and separate the barn from her to increase the reveal, it still did drag out the season a little bit too much.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So either you're talking out of your ass and you didn't watch last night's episode or you're being a hypocrite.[/QUOTE]
You assume I was talking about the episode and not his observation. You guys keep giving me reason to read this thread by raging every week, so here I am.[quote name='GUNNM']Imad.[/QUOTE]
All too easy.

I enjoyed the episode. Sucks that we have to wait until Feb.
Hopefully everything about zombies and survival really happens...

[quote name='DestroVega']All your opinion really.[/QUOTE]

DOH!! :wall: Of course its all my opinion.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So that makes you the guy at the front of the line bitching about how Taco Bell's food always sucks before you put in an order?

Remind me why you keep watching this show anyway. If you found absolutely nothing redeeming about last night's episode then you should stop watching because at this point no matter what they do will not be sufficient enough to entertain you. Not that there's anything wrong with that but really, at this point you'll never be happy with this show.

So either you're talking out of your ass and you didn't watch last night's episode or you're being a hypocrite. Either way, why is it that you keep coming back to this thread since you've made you're distaste for this show so abundantly clear? Just to troll the thread?

As for me? I still feel like that was easily the best moment of not only this show but it ranks among the most memorable moments of any of my favorite shows. The tension throughout the entire episode was excellent. It almost felt like the way The Sopranos used to build up tension in their interactions. The conflict immediately before the barn opening was great but another moment that stood out to me was when Shane confronted Dale while hiding the guns. While they had previously hinted at and dealt with how far Shane has gone, this was the best moment to show that he's a predator. Also, the fact that it was Rick that had to step up to shoot her was also particularly well done because it not only highlighted his guilt over causing that to happen to her but also the fact that he couldn't uphold his deal to Herschel.

Overall it was an excellently crafted episode and while I understand the reason they had to drag out finding Sophie to help build the tension and separate the barn from her to increase the reveal, it still did drag out the season a little bit too much.[/QUOTE]

uh on..here it comes....lets all try to get in a big argument that basically boils down to my opinion is better than yours.

I hate when people do that, who gives a fuck what I think of the show? Why are you so invested in what I say that it will be you blow your top and cry wolf? I want you to noticed that I have never ripped a person personally for their opinion just the show, lets try to keep it that way. I am not going to justify my opinion for you...and you shouldnt do it for me. Its a tv show for christ sake.

But for your questions, why do I keep watching the show? Because I dont hate it, I only think its boring and drawn out, plus not watching would only hurt the creator of my favorite comics of all time. Its not like I only rip on the show, I like the first episode of this season like everyone else.

The only difference between myself and others is I didnt flip from watching this last episode. Everyone was saying how boring and drawn out the season was and then they do one little thing thats slightly above completely boring then all of a sudden everyone is like "GREATEST SHOW EVAR!!!!" (I kid I kid :cool:)

Some people spend more time in here whining than watching shows-that-aren't-Walking-Dead-that-they-claim-are-superior.

That's always fun.

[quote name='Jodou']You assume I was talking about the episode and not his observation. You guys keep giving me reason to read this thread by raging every week, so here I am.
All too easy.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you made a comment about his observation, however, if you didn't see the episode you can't really weigh in on whether his observation was correct or not. There's plenty of people who have been complaining all season about the show but loved the mid-season finale. The one thing I'll at least give Soodmeg, is that at least if he doesn't like the show his opinion isn't just based on pure conjecture and a desire to troll. He gave the episode a shot, he didn't like it and he voiced his opinion. You on the other hand either didn't watch it and are trolling this thread just to troll it or you did watch it thus negating you're earlier comment in this thread about "just quit watching it then."

You know, its not really that you dislike the show, there's plenty of people who have valid opinions who don't care for the show, it's more the fact that you post in here with such an air of superiority because you don't like the show. As if you're somehow better than the rest of us because you weren't entertained by The Walking Dead. If that's what's gonna prop you up in life then so be it but really bitching shouldn't be a hobby.

[quote name='Soodmeg']DOH!! :wall: Of course its all my opinion.

uh on..here it comes....lets all try to get in a big argument that basically boils down to my opinion is better than yours.

I hate when people do that, who gives a fuck what I think of the show? Why are you so invested in what I say that it will be you blow your top and cry wolf? I want you to noticed that I have never ripped a person personally for their opinion just the show, lets try to keep it that way. I am not going to justify my opinion for you...and you shouldnt do it for me. Its a tv show for christ sake.

But for your questions, why do I keep watching the show? Because I dont hate it, I only think its boring and drawn out, plus not watching would only hurt the creator of my favorite comics of all time. Its not like I only rip on the show, I like the first episode of this season like everyone else.

The only difference between myself and others is I didnt flip from watching this last episode. Everyone was saying how boring and drawn out the season was and then they do one little thing thats slightly above completely boring then all of a sudden everyone is like "GREATEST SHOW EVAR!!!!" (I kid I kid :cool:)[/QUOTE]

I went back and re-read what I wrote, I will relent that it came across a little more strongly then I intended. My point wasn't really "OMG just stop watching already and quit bitching" but rather I was trying to get across the idea that if you're really this unhappy with the show after what I personally felt was an excellent mid-season wrap-up then maybe the show is just too far gone for you.

I think my subsequent posts may have gotten that across better, particularly my post immediately before this one. Like I mention in that one, I have to hand it to you for one main reason, at least your opinions are based on actually watching the show and being unhappy with it rather than just bitching for bitching's sake.

Personally, like I've said before, there are definitely things I wish the show did better but at the end of the day I am entertained with it and compared to a lot of drama TV shows currently on the air, this one at least does a decent job of presenting something a little different. As for comparing it with the comics, I've really come to think of them as 2 separate things which are related in name and other minor aspects only.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yes, you made a comment about his observation, however, if you didn't see the episode you can't really weigh in on whether his observation was correct or not. There's plenty of people who have been complaining all season about the show but loved the mid-season finale. The one thing I'll at least give Soodmeg, is that at least if he doesn't like the show his opinion isn't just based on pure conjecture and a desire to troll. He gave the episode a shot, he didn't like it and he voiced his opinion. You on the other hand either didn't watch it and are trolling this thread just to troll it or you did watch it thus negating you're earlier comment in this thread about "just quit watching it then."

You know, its not really that you dislike the show, there's plenty of people who have valid opinions who don't care for the show, it's more the fact that you post in here with such an air of superiority because you don't like the show. As if you're somehow better than the rest of us because you weren't entertained by The Walking Dead. If that's what's gonna prop you up in life then so be it but really bitching shouldn't be a hobby.[/QUOTE]

I assume this part is towards me and if so.....you are reading FAR too much into it. :lol: The problem is an age old one, you are not processing my tone since we are on the interweb. I bet when you read my comments the voice in your head is SCREAMING IT INTO A MIC DEMANDING YOU AGREE....when in reality I am casually saying it.

Its a tv show guys, none of use are banking on life on it. I watch the show, I comment, then go on with my life like everyone else. The only difference is that I am saying mostly negative things which on the interweb translates into MY ENTIRE LIFE REVOLVES AROUND PROVING I AM RIGHT!!

Only on the interweb should you never partake in anything you dont instantly love. Its called giving something a chance...maybe the next episode, the next season it will finally entertain me like I want it to I cant know if I just bomb it after the first second I dont like it. I have a lot of thing that I love that took a while to warm up to. I have no idea how anyone gets anything done now a days when the standard is quitting it so quickly.

I hated Anchorman the first time I watched it...I had to watch it 4 more times and now its one of my top 20 movies.

Again, I love the source material and the show does have a lot of potential but I am going to rip on it until it gets to a point I like. I gave them a fair shake, I praised the episodes I liked...there just wasnt that many of them! HA!

[quote name='Clak']I enjoy watching, and then bitching about shows which I hate.[/QUOTE]

lol same here that said this past episode was alot better. but i do wonder whee they will go from here. its been a while since i read the comics set on the farm but didnt they
leave after the zombies broke out of the barn or was it when they first saw a herd coming?seems like this season will end with them on the farm.

i also liked the day of the dead reference.

[quote name='lokizz']lol same here that said this past episode was alot better. but i do wonder whee they will go from here. its been a while since i read the comics set on the farm but didnt they
leave after the zombies broke out of the barn or was it when they first saw a herd coming?seems like this season will end with them on the farm.

i also liked the day of the dead reference.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, next should be the prison. Although I have no idea how they are going to work the prison into this show. It took them 6 episode just find the barn. The prison has a lot of important things they could get through.

Anyway with Shane still being....uhh....breathing who knows what the hell is going to happen since they are not going anywhere close to the comic storyline. I am eager to see if they are going to allow carl to become a full badass or not. They kinda hinted at it this season but if he isnt stabbing zombies in the face very soon it will be a huge injustice has his transformation is one of the more intriguing storylines in the comic.

[quote name='RedvsBlue'] While they had previously hinted at and dealt with how far Shane has gone, this was the best moment to show that he's a predator. Also, the fact that it was Rick that had to step up to shoot her was also particularly well done because it not only highlighted his guilt over causing that to happen to her but also the fact that he couldn't uphold his deal to Herschel.
[/QUOTE]

I liked this part also and to add if looking at it from the perspective Shane tried to point out earlier about Rick not being able to make it in this world to Lori. Almost everyone had a gun but didn't put Sophia down even Shane just stood there looking almost like he felt sorry or showed some human emotion. So Rick did what essentially was the right thing but at the same time the hardest thing to do. As it wasn't simply some zombie it was a known character. Which in showing the emotions of the group towards killing her seemed to twist the situation to Hershel's view on the zombies as people because Sophia was like family to the group. Did none of the others fire because emotionally they still viewed her as Sophia even though she was dead perhaps, because they certainly had no problem firing on any other zombie that came out the barn.

[quote name='lokizz']lol same here that said this past episode was alot better. but i do wonder whee they will go from here. its been a while since i read the comics set on the farm but didnt they

That was sarcasm directed at Soodmeg.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah, next should be the prison. Although I have no idea how they are going to work the prison into this show. It took them 6 episode just find the barn. The prison has a lot of important things they could get through.

Anyway with Shane still being....uhh....breathing who knows what the hell is going to happen since they are not going anywhere close to the comic storyline. I am eager to see if they are going to allow carl to become a full badass or not. They kinda hinted at it this season but if he isnt stabbing zombies in the face very soon it will be a huge injustice has his transformation is one of the more intriguing storylines in the comic.[/QUOTE]

i like shane being alive im sure sooner or later he will be killed but for now it changes things up. kinda like how in dawn of the dead i always wondered what itd be like if that one swat guy had survived and not turned into a zombie.

hell who knows maybe rick wont even
lose his hand
but with how shane is acting whose to say he wont end up being
the governor
should he leave the group and go out on his own.

got my finger crossed that
michione
will still be badass.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The slow pacing and prolonged storyline(s) were well worth that payoff.[/QUOTE]

Completely agreed! Honestly, that's the outcome I wanted because it's the only one that made any sense. Sure,
she could have been found by another group of survivors, but that would have just been lame. The fact that they dragged it on this long really made it feel like more of a punch to the gut that she had been dead and in that barn the entire time. And the irony of the "they're not people" argument was perfect.
Anybody who is going to complain about this episode just doesn't want to like the show. I didn't think they would have the balls to do it, but this was exactly the kind of resolution that was needed.

I feel like I've posted this for you before, but Jesus Christ, man. How do you ever enjoy anything in life?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4pvEeQDIUA

How about this? Since you have no problem being overly critical, every time you post in this thread, I'm going to point out how shitty your grammar and spelling are? Until you make a post that I deem appropriate and intelligent, I'm going to rip on them. HA!

[quote name='Soodmeg']and now thinks its the greatest food of all time.[/QUOTE]

and now thinks it's the greatest food of all time.

[quote name='Soodmeg']We all knew that exact thing was coming and when it finally happened there was no danger involved.[/QUOTE]

We all knew that exact thing was coming. And when it finally happened, there was no danger involved.

[quote name='Soodmeg']...for fucks sake I never would have guess it would be this hard to create a since of danger in a zombie show.[/QUOTE]

...for fucks sake, I never would have guessed it would be this hard to create a sense of danger in a zombie show.

Geez...you'd think for somebody with such enlightened opinions you'd learn how to use the English language properly.

Nate....WR screen. Also, I am not even going to bother being baited into such a classic internet burn....wow my grammer is bad...on the internet? Well shit there goes my shot at the PEN awards. Seriously, its lame and anyone can easily see through that childish attempt. Oh didnt noticed the other classic..."I am going to post a video because I cant really articulate the burn myself...that way everyone who like the clip will agree with me by default." $$$$a please, I am not really here to play this game.

Anyway.

Lokizz, I doubt that its going to happen to Rick even though its a pretty big part of the story, I dont know how far you read into it but half way through the series virtually every member is missing a limb or 2. I doubt they have the budget for it. But...if its going to happen to anyone its probably Rick.

[quote name='Jodou']Lol, zombie fans are serious business. . .

This thread is more entertaining than the show. ZING! ;)[/QUOTE]

I know that you are here to troll but you do serve as a constant reminder that some people take this far too seriously. I find it funny that I am more active in discussing the show (more negative than positive I admit) than these people who only show up just to slam me personally.

I never get it...who care what I, or you, or anyone has to say, its just a tv show.

Note this is not directed at RvB who I thought fully explained himself in his 2nd post.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']

I must have missed this, what was it? Love that movie. "CHOKE ON IT!!!" :D

[quote name='Soodmeg']I assume this part is towards me and if so.....you are reading FAR too much into it. :lol: The problem is an age old one, you are not processing my tone since we are on the interweb. I bet when you read my comments the voice in your head is SCREAMING IT INTO A MIC DEMANDING YOU AGREE....when in reality I am casually saying it.

Its a tv show guys, none of use are banking on life on it. I watch the show, I comment, then go on with my life like everyone else. The only difference is that I am saying mostly negative things which on the interweb translates into MY ENTIRE LIFE REVOLVES AROUND PROVING I AM RIGHT!!

Only on the interweb should you never partake in anything you dont instantly love. Its called giving something a chance...maybe the next episode, the next season it will finally entertain me like I want it to I cant know if I just bomb it after the first second I dont like it. I have a lot of thing that I love that took a while to warm up to. I have no idea how anyone gets anything done now a days when the standard is quitting it so quickly.

I hated Anchorman the first time I watched it...I had to watch it 4 more times and now its one of my top 20 movies.

Again, I love the source material and the show does have a lot of potential but I am going to rip on it until it gets to a point I like. I gave them a fair shake, I praised the episodes I liked...there just wasnt that many of them! HA![/QUOTE]
Actually, the only part that dealt with you was when I referenced that some people have valid opinions who don't like the show. The rest of the comment about an air of superiority was 100% directed at Jodou.

Essentially what I gather you are saying is that just because you don't like what's going on now doesn't mean it can't turn around and that I agree with 100%. Essentially, you're the anti-Fox network. They either have a hit right off the bat and run it into the ground (24, X-Files, Family Guy) or it gets cancelled before it gets any feet behind it. You, on the other hand, are willing to wait it out and see what happens. Of course, its not our money at stake but really there is an ebb and flow to TV shows. Some entire seasons stink but sometimes they come back greater than ever. I had completely written 24 off after season 6 but then they came back with what I believed was one of their greatest seasons after that. If I had just given up I would have never known how great season 7 ended up being.

[quote name='monash65']I must have missed this, what was it? Love that movie. "CHOKE ON IT!!!" :D[/QUOTE]

the way they were capturing them. was kinda hoping one would get loose but nope.

[quote name='monash65']lol of course, the snare pole like animal control use to catch dogs![/QUOTE]

and like they used in day. cool huh?

[quote name='twiceborn']Damn fine episode last night, but I got a quick question,
how did Dale know that Shane shot Otis and left him to die?
[/QUOTE]

i think that stems from him
seeing shane aim his gun at rick a while back
if he was willing to do that to his friend why wouldnt he do that to someone else?

That and the fact that
Shane is always so vague on the details about what happened when he and Otis went to the school. It was pretty easy to put 2 and 2 together.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Nate....WR screen. Also, I am not even going to bother being baited into such a classic internet burn....wow my grammer is bad...on the internet? Well shit there goes my shot at the PEN awards. Seriously, its lame and anyone can easily see through that childish attempt. Oh didnt noticed the other classic..."I am going to post a video because I cant really articulate the burn myself...that way everyone who like the clip will agree with me by default." $$$$a please, I am not really here to play this game.[/QUOTE]

No. I posted the video because it describes you to a T. If your argument is that "It's just my opinion. No one needs to care about it." why give it so often? What exactly are you hoping to accomplish? It's a fictional TV show about zombies...an opportunity to separate ourselves from reality and let our minds go. As others have stated, if you legitimately could not find something to enjoy from last night's episode, then you're never going to like the show. If anything, I think you're allowing resentment from the past few episodes affect your enjoyment of this episode. When you're at that point, what are you getting out of it?

There have been several things about this season that I haven't liked, but I haven't been compelled to piss and moan about it on the internet week after week. If we're going to sit here and talk about internet cliches, you're the biggest one. Mr. "Too Cool For School" who thinks everything sucks and nothing is "intelligent" enough for his "sophisticated" sensibilities. Get over yourself, man.

Wow, Rick is shooting
little girls left and right.

On a more serious note I still am foreseeing Carl
shooting Shane at some point . Especially since Shane pushed the gun on him this last episode.

QUESTION about last night show

when the girl came out of the barn, you noticed that she didnt run towards them but walked slowly..

did she do this cause she was badly hurt or did she do this cause she KNEW THESE PEOPLE and was
not trying to attck them you did hear her make alot of noise like she was trying to talk or something

meaning the dead might be more alive then they think ...

or maybe im reading too much into it once again

[quote name='slidecage']QUESTION about last night show

when the girl came out of the barn, you noticed that she didnt run towards them but walked slowly..

did she do this cause she was badly hurt or did she do this cause she KNEW THESE PEOPLE and was
not trying to attck them you did hear her make alot of noise like she was trying to talk or something

meaning the dead might be more alive then they think ...

or maybe im reading too much into it once again
[/QUOTE]

I think
it was more of a dramatic tension point. Rick pointing a gun at a little girl he had failed to save. Maybe holding out hope she's not a walker and just sick. However that's not happening and he has to choose a mercy killing.

Overall it was a great note to send the show into midseason hiatus and hopefully when the show comes back they'll have better usage of the slower bits now that we've fleshed out the characters.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']Wow, Rick is shooting
little girls left and right.

On a more serious note I still am foreseeing Carl
shooting Shane at some point . Especially since Shane pushed the gun on him this last episode.
[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing that
Shane putting the gun in Carl's hand was some definite foreshadowing that Carl was going to eventually use that gun to kill Shane.

I agree, I think they are going to push Carl towards that storyline. The problem I see is that Shane is seriously the only person anyone wants to see right now. Hell the show is slow enough already I cant imagine what they would do with Shane.

I really think they are going to be pushing that as far down the road as possible.

bread's done
Back