Amex Sync Offer: Spend $75 or more at Amazon, Get $25 back!

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
TOzHjcp.png

oLpAeWv.png

This Amex Sync offer is only available on Facebook.

Edit: Twitter, too!

#AmexAmazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up OP.   I actually never check my offers!       Anyone try this out with digital gift cards?    I may end up just buying a digital PSN card with all the indie games and stuff coming out soon.    ..mmm.. maybe a $50 psn card + Lego Marvel for Xbox One?    90 bucks total - 25 is still a solid deal yes?    ...oh what to buy..  lol

How long did it take to receive the confirmation email after making the purchase at Amazon?

Signed up on the Facebook App, added the offer to my card, and bought a $75 Amazon.com digital gift card. Got the 'Thank you for using your synced American Express® Card ending in ##### at AMAZON.COM LLC!' sync e-mail shortly after. Took all of 5 minutes.
I did the same thing, didn't get the sync email yet. Been an hour, did it through Twitter though.

I did the same thing, didn't get the sync email yet. Been an hour, did it through Twitter though.
I got the sync email right after tweeting the hashtag, but I haven't received anything since making a purchase at Amazon.

There is also a deal through American Express Sync that gives you a $25 statement credit if you spend $100 or more at the Sony Store.  The Sony Store sells $20 Playstation Store cards.

Haven't gotten my notification from Amex yet about my Amazon order. I did a digital giftcard for 75 bucks. It hasn't even showed up yet on my recent charges on my Amex account page, so I'm not too worried about not getting the email.

I didn't need FB or TW, I redeemed the coupon on my offers page on their website. They are good for the money as i've already received several promo credits for other offers.

Just took a chance on a $75 GC. I'll report back with my results.

I found the deal through my account page on the AMEX website, no need to give up more of my info to AMEX via Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks, OP!

edit: Update

8:25am - Amazon order confirmation

8:26am - Amazon gift card received

8:30am - AMEX confirmation of qualifying Amazon charge

Yeah!

I also saw an offer for $10 off $50 at newegg and $25 of $100 at sonystore with linked card.

tweet #AmexNeweggFlash get $10 back 1x on $50+ purch @ http://Neweggflash.com  w/synced Amex Card RegLtdExp12/31 Terms:http://amex.co/17RKopx  

Tweet #AmexSony, get $25 back 1x on a total of $100+ purchases at Sony w/synced Amex Card! (RegLtd Exp12/31) Terms: http://amex.co/1bsn4xp 

I found the deal through my account page on the AMEX website, no need to give up more of my info to AMEX via Twitter or Facebook.

Thanks, OP!

Yeah!
Was I Were those electronic GCs?

Thanks, OP!

Yeah!
How did you get the confirmation from Amex of the qualifying Amazon charge? I ask because I also just bought a electronic GC and I am wondering if this confirmation is coming via email or I need to go to my Amex account to see it, or something else?

How did you get the confirmation from Amex of the qualifying Amazon charge? I ask because I also just bought a electronic GC and I am wondering if this confirmation is coming via email or I need to go to my Amex account to see it, or something else?
I received an e-mail.

On my last checkout page for the digital delivery, it says:

"Sold by ACI Gift Cards (which I know is Amazon owned)"

So I got scared and didn't place the order.

EDIT: According to SD this should work, so I just placed, waiting for email.

FYI you don't need to use Twitter or Facebook for this offer, logged into my Amex account online and the offer was available to "save to card" right from there.

EDIT: Rodster already noted this, DOH!

I didn't need FB or TW, I redeemed the coupon on my offers page on their website. They are good for the money as i've already received several promo credits for other offers.

I am starting to get worried since I haven't gotten an email yet.
Same here. I got the confirmation tweet from Amex and my account page says the offers is saved to my card, but no email from AMEX after I purchased $75 worth of e-GC from Amazon.

EDIT: Did you happen to redeem your GC? Mine are still sitting in my inbox. Plus my AMEX charge is still under Pending Charges, hoping once they spill over into Posted Transactions, I'll get the AMEX confirmation email.

I don't think I got a confirmation email that I completed the offer with the Best Buy deal, the -$25 showed automatically under recent transactions a few days later.

Same here. I got the confirmation tweet from Amex and my account page says the offers is saved to my card, but no email from AMEX after I purchased $75 worth of e-GC from Amazon.

EDIT: Did you happen to redeem your GC? Mine are still sitting in my inbox. Plus my AMEX charge is still under Pending Charges, hoping once they spill over into Posted Transactions, I'll get the AMEX confirmation email.
So my full story is that the first time I tried to do this deal, Amex gave me a call about a fraudulent charge. Then Amazon told me that transaction was canceled although I verified through Amex that this charge was ok. Then I had to do the purchase all over again. Now that a few hours have past since my last transaction, I decided to call Amex. They told me that they were "100% sure" that I was going to get this deal. They said it just takes up to 48 hours for my charge to hit my account.

So I think because I had that small hiccup at the beginning, I am assuming this is what delayed the process of getting that email from Amex that everyone else is getting.

thanks for sharing this. just purchased 75$ e-GC with my amex.
Me too- thanks OP! I just got the eGift card email and the one from AmEx confirming that I used the card I enrolled in the offer. I wish the email mentioned the $25 credit I should be receiving, but oh well! :)

Ya i never get email confirmations about using the card or that i synced the card even after i save the offer but i still get the credits a few days later like 3-5 business days later so hope that helps!

Well I decided to dive into the GC try and so far it looks good.  I sent the GC to my alt email and the AMEX message was delivered roughly one minute after I got GC.

"Dear: ME

Thank you for using your synced American Express® Card 
ending in XXXXX at AMAZON.COM LLC!

Get more savings, rewards, and experiences you'll love by visiting 
Amex Sync with Facebook here!"

Edit: My credit card also lists the transaction from Amazon.com LLC

Finally got my confirmation email. This was a great offer. I don't really use my Amex much, but with great offers like this I might have to start using it more often.

finally got the same email as cancerman got. There is a mysterious 1.00 charge on my amex. I have a 75 and a 1 dollar charge-- anyone else with this? they wouldn't need to pre auth my card since I use it there WAY TO MUCH__UGH --

finally got the same email as cancerman got. There is a mysterious 1.00 charge on my amex. I have a 75 and a 1 dollar charge-- anyone else with this? they wouldn't need to pre auth my card since I use it there WAY TO MUCH__UGH --
I got this with a purchase at Microsoft this weekend. Not sure why it happens sometimes. The $1.00 hold is still there even though my charge for Lego Marvel has gone through. I would not worry too much about it for now.

Should you receive an email once you sync your card or after you do that and make your purchase?    I just synched the card to the offer at the website but didn't order yet.    I should just order and then I should get an email right?

Should you receive an email once you sync your card or after you do that and make your purchase? I just synched the card to the offer at the website but didn't order yet. I should just order and then I should get an email right?
Yeah I did not get an email after the sync. Only after the purchase. I did check my card website under the "My offers" tab to confirm the sync applied to my card first though.

Thanks OP for the heads up on this.  I'm buying a replacement HP printer for one that crapped out on me after 5 years for $50, so I quickly cancelled the order and used this Amex Sync to send myself an eGift Card of $75 to use part of towards the printer I need anyways.  Still waiting for my eGift card to arrive, but already synced my Twitter account to my Bank of America AMEX card :)

And now I just got my eGift card, used it to buy my printer and added the extra $25.01 balance towards my open preorder of the Hyperkin Retron5 :)

Just a heads up that, apparently by design, this works for authorized users as well.  Since each card has its own number, they receive offers independently.

Didn't get the email after purchasing the eGC this morning. Crap.

Edit: Never mind just got it.

does anybody have any insights on whether promotion works with Costco-issued Amex cards? In the past I've noticed that some Amex offers does not extend to the Costco-issued Amex variants.

Any help would be appreciated!

does anybody have any insights on whether promotion works with Costco-issued Amex cards? In the past I've noticed that some Amex offers does not extend to the Costco-issued Amex variants.

I have a Costco AMEX card, it worked for me. Just logon to your account on the AMEX website and look for offers. You should see it there if it's available to you.

I'm in a similar boat....I have an Amex card from the Bank of America. I seemed to be able to link to my Twitter account without any problems, but I can't create an Amex account on the main website as I can only manage the card on BoA's site. Hopefully I'm eligible for this deal as I've already purchased a $75 eGift card.

Will this work for orders on amazon that say "sold by suchandsuch, fulfilled by amazon"?
3rd party sellers are usually billed as Amazon Marketplace Payment or something like that so I wouldn't risk it. Just buy yourself a $75 GC and then use the gc on the FBA stuff you want.

3rd party sellers are usually billed as Amazon Marketplace Payment or something like that so I wouldn't risk it. Just buy yourself a $75 GC and then use the gc on the FBA stuff you want.
Too late... I already ordered... Do you get another confirmation from Amex one your stuff ships?

I'm in a similar boat....I have an Amex card from the Bank of America. I seemed to be able to link to my Twitter account without any problems, but I can't create an Amex account on the main website as I can only manage the card on BoA's site. Hopefully I'm eligible for this deal as I've already purchased a $75 eGift card.
This is my situation as well. I did that Halo 4 offer through AmEx but I don't remember how. I'm assuming my facebook is already linked because when I went on the site I just clicked add and there it was. I'm assuming I don't have to add the card somehow cause it wouldn't let me add the offer if it wasn't already linked...

I made a purchase of 78 dollars total on Sunday.  3 seperate items, 2 sold directly from Amazon and 1 from a marketplace seller.  The three items got billed seperately, so I had three total charges on my Amex statement on-line.  The marketplace showed up as 'AMAZON MKTPLACE PMTSAMZN.COM.  The other two showed up AMAZON.COM AMZN.COM.  Still, with the three seperate billing items, I did receive the $25 statement credit this morning, so it looks like you don't need to worry about marketplace orders, but you do need to make sure all of the items ship before you get the credit.

bread's done
Back