Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Gold Marios popped up in tons of Walmarts in my area this morning. Placed in store pickups for 5 stores, all but ONE came back with the error processing payment... Fingers crossed!!
Did you use the same payment method for all of them? I've heard you have to be careful.

Gold Marios popped up in tons of Walmarts in my area this morning. Placed in store pickups for 5 stores, all but ONE came back with the error processing payment... Fingers crossed!!
Same here in my area. I had two orders cancelled at two closest stores and have one still pending for 9 AM this morning near work though I suspect it will be cancelled. I stopped by the one near my house this morning and the lady told me that someone bought the entire shipment. I was able to grab one at the Walmart closest to work, which is where my remaining online order is placed. Returned my extra Toad and bought a Gold Mario.

How are "plastic toys" any different from globs of paint or molded clay? So funny that it's the cool thing on CAG of all places not to care about value.

You care. Or you wouldn't be posting about it.
Yes, because mass produced toys are the same as a work of art. Horrible analogy. And no, I don't care but clearly my post has you shook about the fact that what I simply don't care bout, others struggle to obtain.

Did you use the same payment method for all of them? I've heard you have to be careful.
After the first 2 got cancelled I changed cards, still got cancelled on 2 of the remaining 3 that I tried. Also, I waited till each order got cancelled before trying to place an order for another store, it's not like I had 5 in store pickup orders processing all at once.
Not trying to be greedy, just trying to add at least one rare to the collection.

Yes, because mass produced toys are the same as a work of art. Horrible analogy. And no, I don't care but clearly my post has you shook about the fact that what I simply don't care bout, others struggle to obtain.
You know what you did. And the fact that you felt the need to explain yourself on my response CLEARLY has you shook up. Totally shook. Clearly.

Let's keep playing.

Have you guys seen this yet?

Amiibo collecting is starting to become a lot like Beanie Baby collecting. 

I've also noticed that Nintendo seems to be releasing more of some of the more rare Amiibo's and I am sure that it's been talked about her, but I don't care to go back through and look for it. I hear that Marth is going to be back out sometime in April, which makes me excited as that was one of the original Amiibo that I wanted to get. I am also really glad that I had pre-ordered a Little Mac when I did because he seems to be one of the rarest Amiibo now, I just figured he'd be hard to get and I knew that I had to have him, you just don't see a lot of Little Mac figures.

I've been searching for a Toad since he came out. Gamestop in my town and next town over not had any, walmarts not had any. Walmart is suppose to be getting 12 in but they must have been lost. They just got the new bowsers out 2 days ago. Did nintendo far under produce Toad or something?  I want one for treasure tracker otherwise I really don't see the appeal to this little Toad figure.

You know what you did. And the fact that you felt the need to explain yourself on my response CLEARLY has you shook up. Totally shook. Clearly.

Let's keep playing.
Yes, I do know what I did. I walked by my wall of mint USA amiibos and noticed that I didn't care if they go up or down in value. This has you shook otherwise you wouldn't have commented on it in the first place.

^^ I'm thinking you just have bad luck. I'm in Houston area, both Walmart and Target have Toad on the shelf no problem. He also pops up alot on Amazon.

I've been searching for a Toad since he came out. Gamestop in my town and next town over not had any, walmarts not had any. Walmart is suppose to be getting 12 in but they must have been lost. They just got the new bowsers out 2 days ago. Did nintendo far under produce Toad or something? I want one for treasure tracker otherwise I really don't see the appeal to this little Toad figure.
Last I checked I saw several at my BB and at least one other but I just wanted 1 because he's such a classic Mario character (wish it was the blue one tho). And Game Grumps make hilarious fun of him =P

Yes, I do know what I did. I walked by my wall of mint USA amiibos and noticed that I didn't care if they go up or down in value. This has you shook otherwise you wouldn't have commented on it in the first place.
Geez, I dont think anyone gives enough of a fuck to be shook up by your outstanding post...you like them, you dont care about their value...yippie, the majority of this thread feels the same way. If you really dont care about the value so much, open them up like I and several others have done :)

I've been searching for a Toad since he came out. Gamestop in my town and next town over not had any, walmarts not had any. Walmart is suppose to be getting 12 in but they must have been lost. They just got the new bowsers out 2 days ago. Did nintendo far under produce Toad or something? I want one for treasure tracker otherwise I really don't see the appeal to this little Toad figure.
I had two pre-ordered and returned one last week when both came through. I would have shipped my extra for cost plus $3 shipping (about $17).

I'll keep a look out for you. $3 extra would probably be worth it to you rather than driving around town and calling places. Surely another CAG could find one for you at one of their Best Buy's and stack that with their GCU discount.

edit:

He's available on bestbuy.com right now and I get free shipping. If you don't get free shipping do you want me to order it and send it to you? I would say $11.10 for price and tax plus $3.00 shipping plus $0.90 for packing materials. So $15 for Toad shipped to your door.

edit2:

Toad is sold out now on bestbuy.com. Lucky for all of you, I ordered an extra to sell at cost :D/. Please be patient and allow me to post the sale in the trade thread should ps2emotions not want it.

Just grabbed 2 more gold marios from a Walmart near my job. They had 4 on the pegs. The associate said they just got them last night. gonna pass them to some cags that missed out.

Psh, I wish I could have a New 3DS.
Nintendo of America has disappointed me far enough so i imported one from Europe , i plan on using it when a worthwhile new 3ds game comes out or if a region free exploit comes again.If not Might import one from Japan and replace this one i know there's an exploit to unlock those.

Nintendo of America has disappointed me far enough so i imported one from Europe , i plan on using it when a worthwhile new 3ds game comes out or if a region free exploit comes again.If not Might import one from Japan and replace this one i know there's an exploit to unlock those.
I've kicked around this idea, but I have four years worth of eShop software that I'd really like to transfer over to the new hardware.

Also, I don't want to be juggling two 3DS systems...I just want one pocket-friendly handheld that I can carry around with me on a daily basis. Since the XL is too big for that, in both it's "Old" and "New" forms, I'm still on the original 3DS hardware.

Kind of off topic but for anyone with a New 3DS xenoblade faceplates are back in stock
Dang some of those are pretty cool, was that Majora's Mask one a poster somewhere? Much better than the stuff they showed at release, further confused why this stuff wasn't brought to NA <insert J. Chan confused face meme>

Some of those faceplates are cool. I would really like that Xenoblade one.   On the other hand, I wouldn't use a small N3DS instead of an XL.  It makes no sense to buy a smaller screened piece of hardware just so I can play with exchangeable faceplates. 

I've kicked around this idea, but I have four years worth of eShop software that I'd really like to transfer over to the new hardware.

Also, I don't want to be juggling two 3DS systems...I just want one pocket-friendly handheld that I can carry around with me on a daily basis. Since the XL is too big for that, in both it's "Old" and "New" forms, I'm still on the original 3DS hardware.
I didn't realize that , this is bad i don't understand why we can't use our accounts on 2 different systems like how 2 Ps Vitas can have the same account and there appears to be no issue with that.

Ah... fuck. Missed them. I don't have a N3DS but wanted those for when I actually got one.. :whistle2:(
Damn im sorry you missed out i can PM if they get back in stock! These things are even worse than amiibo releases , they come in immensely low stock and show little signs of restocks , im honestly surprised the Xenoblade plates came back at all.

Dang some of those are pretty cool, was that Majora's Mask one a poster somewhere? Much better than the stuff they showed at release, further confused why this stuff wasn't brought to NA <insert J. Chan confused face meme>
NoA and Confusion are one in the same , i can't imagine how much of a killing they would have made had these cover plates reached here.

Gold Mario is popping up everywhere! I ordered for in store at two places, one got canceled so i went to the store and saw four behind the counter. I picked up two of them. Selling the extra if anyone needs one still.

Just picked up two Gold Marios at my local Walmart. The electronics employee stated they're doing a limit of two which I was fine with, just needed one for me and my brother, but a guy there with his infant son (I only bring this up because he tried using his son as an excuse to buy more, "My son who can't legally drive, smoke, drink or vote is purchasing two also Mr. Employee sir), had the rest of the stock in his cart, copped an attitude. I really wanted to call him   fuck  hoarder but I left it in the hands of the employee and casually walked away... Anyways, if anyone in MN is looking for them, they've been popping up a lot in Blue Earth, New Ulm and Owatonna.

Geez, I dont think anyone gives enough of a fuck to be shook up by your outstanding post...you like them, you dont care about their value...yippie, the majority of this thread feels the same way. If you really dont care about the value so much, open them up like I and several others have done :)
Thank your for your creative post. I'm sure we can add it to the list of other creative posts in this thread like "local game stop had Mario 10 bundle..I picked it up"

slow clap

Just picked up two Gold Marios at my local Walmart. The electronics employee stated they're doing a limit of two which I was fine with, just needed one for me and my brother, but a guy there with his infant son (I only bring this up because he tried using his son as an excuse to buy more, "My son who can't legally drive, smoke, drink or vote is purchasing two also Mr. Employee sir), had the rest of the stock in his cart, copped an attitude. I really wanted to call him fuck hoarder but I left it in the hands of the employee and casually walked away... Anyways, if anyone in MN is looking for them, they've been popping up a lot in Blue Earth, New Ulm and Owatonna.
Wait, so you got shook because some random guy had his son with him so that he could buy more and you wish you had brought someone else so that you could have pulled the same thing? Amazes me how people post these stories to try and present themselves as some honest purchaser of amiibos. My friend, you could have bought every last one of them and no self respecting CAG would have cared in the least.

Say shook again.  Say. Shook. Again.  I dare ya, I double dare ya MFer say shook one more GD time  :rofl:

That escalated quickly...It's worth noting that you can remain a perfectly self-respecting CAG while still refraining from a dick move.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/45343/20150325/amiibo-super-smash-bros-wave-4-pre-orders-cancelled-gamestop-nintendo-rumor.htm

I'm scared, guys. I will most certainly miss out if there's no preorders. D:

Or do you think these rumors are just scalpers trying to throw us?

Edit: And then there's this. http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/309olp/newegg_removes_wave_4_amiibo_listing/

That escalated quickly...It's worth noting that you can remain a perfectly self-respecting CAG while still refraining from a dick move.

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/45343/20150325/amiibo-super-smash-bros-wave-4-pre-orders-cancelled-gamestop-nintendo-rumor.htm

Edit: And then there's this. http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/309olp/newegg_removes_wave_4_amiibo_listing/
I wouldn't worry about rumors too much right now, until something official is said. Just yesterday a GameStop employee told me preorders were waiting on the stock to actually make it to the US (through the ports and all that), so they'd only be a few weeks before release. Is that true? Who knows!

Some of those faceplates are cool. I would really like that Xenoblade one. On the other hand, I wouldn't use a small N3DS instead of an XL. It makes no sense to buy a smaller screened piece of hardware just so I can play with exchangeable faceplates.
The XL is portable in name only as far as I'm concerned. The standard 3DS barely fits into a pocket as it is, I'd have to start carrying a purse to take the XL with me.

Edit: And then there's this. http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/309olp/newegg_removes_wave_4_amiibo_listing/
Since when has the lack of a release date ever stopped Gamestop from taking preorder money?

The XL is portable in name only as far as I'm concerned. The standard 3DS barely fits into a pocket as it is, I'd have to start carrying a purse to take the XL with me.
Sacrifices must be made lol.

The N3DS is much better even if it's just a smidge slimmer. Seems to fix my pocket problems mostly. When I get a smartphone though...

Since when has the lack of a release date ever stopped Gamestop from taking preorder money?
Didn't they have to compensate customers with $50 coupons because of the outrage at canceling MM3DS preorders? They may be trying to avoid looking even worse in our eyes. Not sure how much that would help tbh.

Sacrifices must be made lol.

The N3DS is much better even if it's just a smidge slimmer. Seems to fix my pocket problems mostly. When I get a smartphone though...
I'm still trying to track down a MM 3DS, if I can I'll buy that to keep at home and just keep my launch 3DS for travelling. But that's due to how amazing that system looks and how much I love MM, I haven't been tempted to even touch an XL before now.

so this i my experience with trying to trade a gold Mario amiibo on craigslist...
That's my experience with selling anything on craigslist. My most memorable one for me was when I put a new release game up for a fair price on Craigslist (lowest among anyone else selling theirs on Craigslist). I specifically stated NO TRADES in all caps and that it was CASH ONLY. I set up a transaction with a guy and we needed to move the meeting locale twice and the meet time three times despite being very interested and being reminded again that it's cash only. I'm about ready to leave and I get a text asking if I'd trade for a cooler bag instead (valued at over $200!!!!!1! according to this gem of a person). I said no, and then he preceded to say he had no money and couldn't buy it.

so this i my experience with trying to trade a gold Mario amiibo on craigslist...
Ha! That sounds like mine but in reverse, when I was trying to trade for a Gold Mario apparently one rare wasn't enough. They literally wanted 2-3 true rare's which I think is crazy. (I consider a rare to either be a store exclusive, Little Mac, Marth, or Villager.... I know I have high standards).

Now that I got two Gold's, I kind of want to email them back a pic of a certain finger of mine!

Ha! That sounds like mine but in reverse, when I was trying to trade for a Gold Mario apparently one rare wasn't enough. They literally wanted 2-3 true rare's which I think is crazy. (I consider a rare to either be a store exclusive, Little Mac, Marth, or Villager.... I know I have high standards).

Now that I got two Gold's, I kind of want to email them back a pic of a certain finger of mine!
A co-worker of mine specifically bought http://www.gofucka.horse to send to people who were offering him ridiculous Craigslist amiibo trades.

Didn't they have to compensate customers with $50 coupons because of the outrage at canceling MM3DS preorders? They may be trying to avoid looking even worse in our eyes. Not sure how much that would help tbh.
Lol GS give out credit? Nah, that was Best Buy I believe. Im not sure many GS preorders got cancelled.

Yeah it's pretty difficult, because you have this discrepancy between MSRP and the perceived value. BTW I gladly would have taken that trade, I agree with you. But certain collector's have pretty stone-rigid standards which makes it tenfold more difficult. Would be nice to just sell for cash and buy what you want with said cash but fee's and shipping make that unreasonable.

No kidding. I picked up a Mega Man at a Gamestop when it was released around a month ago and they were trying to get me to "pre-pre-order" the wave 4 amiibos. I assumed they were going to maintain a manual list and enter them in once wave 4 was "officially" able to pre-ordered. I don't know how or if they would've taken money to get on this "pre-pre-order" list.

No kidding. I picked up a Mega Man at a Gamestop when it was released around a month ago and they were trying to get me to "pre-pre-order" the wave 4 amiibos. I assumed they were going to maintain a manual list and enter them in once wave 4 was "officially" able to pre-ordered. I don't know how or if they would've taken money to get on this "pre-pre-order" list.
Nah, GameStop referred Wave 4 as being the Super Mario Bros./MP10 series (Toad etc.)

Wait, so you got shook because some random guy had his son with him so that he could buy more and you wish you had brought someone else so that you could have pulled the same thing? Amazes me how people post these stories to try and present themselves as some honest purchaser of amiibos. My friend, you could have bought every last one of them and no self respecting CAG would have cared in the least.
I was shook, shook, shook... to my very fragile core. In fact I posted my story here in hopes that someone like you would turn it into pulitzer prize gold. But seriously, yes, I could have pulled the same thing and bought as many as I wanted, and had my fiancee who was with me grab more, but my point in sharing my experience was to say I'm not a douchebag hoarder; I only buy what I need... shocking I'm actually an honest purchaser of amiibos. I hope that the piece of sand in your vagina that you used to write this shining pearl of wisdom was worth it, because I sure enjoyed reading it.

Yours truly,

A butt-hurt honest purchaser of amiibos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back