Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So far, so good on my 1 order of the Gold Mario. It shows it is in the processing phase on Walmart.com, and my card has cleared the transaction. Here's hoping it isn't cancelled.

So, when will Wave 4 go up?
It will go up when your either driving to work, working, driving home from work, making lunch, sleeping, or taking a dump.

How are they losing money? They already sold the product. What happens after that doesnt lose them any money.
They are not "losing" money in the sense of negative revenues. They are losing money in the sense of not maximizing profit. They could, at the least, clearly charge more for (certain) Amiibos with no negative impact on sales.

They are not "losing" money in the sense of negative revenues. They are losing money in the sense of not maximizing profit. They could, at the least, clearly charge more for (certain) Amiibos with no negative impact on sales.
What about the negative impact of pissing people off? I certainly don't want to pay more for any certain amiibo.

Nah, because then if they put to much product out then it just sits on shelves and warehouses and they lose money.

Honestly, its a catch 22 all around. If people werent buying up everything they can for whatever reason then this wouldnt be a problem at all
Maybe... but were there really scalpers before that one game store announced marth, wft, and villager would be discontinued. There may have been a few who thought that these might be worth selling, but certainly not to the degree that happened after. Marth was pretty much gone in stores before people went nuts grabbing the few wft's and villagers that were left. If Marth, WFT and Villager had more restocks and initial supplies this insanity never would have started. I only got into Amiibo's when I heard figures were being discontinued.

To late for that. Can't just jack up the price on a product when all the others had a 12.99 price point.

Anybody else think that the silver Mario could be a surprise Club Nintendo reward for members who reached multiple platinum status throughout the program?

Clearly no one is pissed off at the current situation.
We are talking Nintendo and MSRP here. Forget the other problems of amiibos for the moment.

You said Nintendo could charge more for some figures. That would make customers angry, especially when they have already come out at $12.99.

Price and supply/quantity are intimately related ...
Sure, but why artificially raise the price of some figures when it will certainly make people unhappy? Is the potential dollar gain worth it? Imagine the headlines at the start of this BS. Nintendo - "Due to Marth selling out at launch, Captain Falcon will now retail for $19.99." That just looks all kinds of bad.

If you do that it will piss a lot of people off. Basically "hey, we are only going to make x amount of this figure but dont worry! we will charge you twice as much for it!"

If you do that it will piss a lot of people off. Basically "hey, we are only going to make x amount of this figure but dont worry! we will charge you twice as much for it!"
exactly it won't change nothing scalpers will still buy the supply out but now scalp them for double they are scalping at now to cover the cost of the price increase

Nintendo has to either a) raise prices,b) accept that there will be a lottery for these, with concomitant reselling, or c) raise supply. If they are unwilling to do the latter, then people will be pissed off at Nintendo regardless. At least with option a, they get to capture the value from artificial scarcity.

exactly it won't change nothing scalpers will still buy the supply out but now scalp them for double they are scalping at now to cover the cost of the price increase
That's not how it works. The market will likely fall or prices will be closer to MSRP (double if that were to happen).

Remember, prices are determined by what people are willing to pay for it. Usually after analyzing bids for items, BIN prices come out that mirror that price.

If people are willing to pay $100 for Marth, guess what, it'll sell for $100. If no one buys it for $100, the price will drop. Just look at GameCube Adapters. The prices for those are at $50 - $70. It use to be $120+.

Nintendo has to either a) raise prices,b) accept that there will be a lottery for these, with concomitant reselling, or c) raise supply. If they are unwilling to do the latter, then people will be pissed off at Nintendo regardless. At least with option a, they get to capture the value from artificial scarcity.
That practice will never fly. Sorry.

v8ccqht.jpg

I just noticed how similar the normal Mario is the the gold/silver Mario figures. I wonder how many people are gonna spray paint the regular one and put in on eBay saying it's the gold/silver Mario LOL

150204mariogold-640x360.jpg

For anyone who missed Nintendo World's announcement, in the middle of all Walmart pre-order chaos Gold Mario caused. @Nintendo_World Tweeted earlier announcing tomorrow Feb 27th, customers can purchase the non-exclusive Wave 3 Amiibo at their store in NYC.

Amiibo available are: BOWSER, TOON LINK, SHEIK, SONIC, MEGAMAN, KING DEDEDE, IKE. Customers can begin lining up 8am, sale starts at 9am.

I will be there in case any CAGers would like to wait in line together, play some 3DS Smash Bros. etc...

Furthermore, I only need to buy IKE and MEGAMAN. Leaving me with the opportunity to pick up the remaining ones for CAGers, who shall need any of the ones still avaliable.

Rules:
1 - I will send you a picture of my receipt from the Nintendo store, and one from the post office. You will pay me EXACTLY that. 2 - You must have some positive feedback on your profile, or pay first. I'm trying to help fellow CAGers - NOT giving out free Amiibo. 3 - First come, first served. PM for requests.

Hopefully this offer can help some of you who can't stalk the thread for pre-orders, or the ones who live far away from everything.

That practice will never fly. Sorry.
Really? Would it have made any difference if Nintendo said the gold Mario was a special edition and therefore had a special price of $25, or even $40? Probably not. It still would have sold out, maybe a little slower. And due to the special edition status of this figure, Nintendo would have had cover to charge a different MSRP. That they didn't is telling about their lack of strategy or focus when it comes to these.

For anyone who missed Nintendo World's announcement, in the middle of all Walmart pre-order chaos Gold Mario caused. @Nintendo_World Tweeted earlier announcing tomorrow Feb 27th, customers can purchase the non-exclusive Wave 3 Amiibo at their store in NYC.

Amiibo available are: BOWSER, TOON LINK, SHEIK, SONIC, MEGAMAN, KING DEDEDE, IKE. Customers can begin lining up 8am, sale starts at 9am.

I will be there in case any CAGers would like to wait in line together, play some 3DS Smash Bros. etc...

Furthermore, I only need to buy IKE and MEGAMAN. Leaving me with the opportunity to pick up the remaining ones for CAGers, who shall need any of the ones still avaliable.

Rules:
1 - I will send you a picture of my receipt from the Nintendo store, and one from the post office. You will pay me EXACTLY that. 2 - You must have some positive feedback on your profile, or pay first. I'm trying to help fellow CAGers - NOT giving out free Amiibo. 3 - First come, first served. PM for requests.

Hopefully this offer can help some of you who can't stalk the thread for pre-orders, or the ones who live far away from everything.
If by some chance they have a Shulk hit me up it will my 3rd amiibo

Rules:

I'll be there too. I hope I get there early enough tho

Rules:

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I don't need any cept Ike,But thanks for being such a great cag! Enjoy finishing off wave 3.

Mega Man seemed to be in full force today.  Hit 4 stores and they got an extra 2-8 per store on top of what they already had held for pre-orders.

possible ike stock wide at toysrus tomorrow, saturday or next week. same with king dedede nintendo must turn him into common amiibo to get customers buy new kirby game!

Missed the first two Gold Mario pre-orders while I was at home and the third went live while I was on the sales floor and couldn't order from my phone.

Just fucking excellent.  :oldman:

I would think megaman and sonic will be instock in a couple of weeks. These 2 figures are very popular and i bet nintendo made a number if them. My local bestbuy said they got some in today but ofcourse i missed it since i get off work at 9pm.

I would think megaman and sonic will be instock in a couple of weeks. These 2 figures are very popular and i bet nintendo made a number if them. My local bestbuy said they got some in today but ofcourse i missed it since i get off work at 9pm.
King Dedede and Ike are also very popular. Doesn't mean Nintendo made a lot of them.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack/deviate from the thread, but quick question for those still up waiting for wave 4. What would you consider a fair trade for Wind Waker HD Limited Edition in terms of amiibos? I am in need of Pit, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Meta Knight, DDD, and Shulk. Need some opinions please.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack/deviate from the thread, but quick question for those still up waiting for wave 4. What would you consider a fair trade for Wind Waker HD Limited Edition in terms of amiibos? I am in need of Pit, Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Meta Knight, DDD, and Shulk. Need some opinions please.
It's about $130. I would say trade for the older ones since the newer ones are still coming in stock. Pit,Cap, and Little Mac is a good trade. Those you won't find in the wild really. Same with MK. You still have a chance with DDD, and Shulk.

It's about $130. I would say trade for the older ones since the newer ones are still coming in stock. Pit,Cap, and Little Mac is a good trade. Those you won't find in the wild really. Same with MK. You still have a chance with DDD, and Shulk
Thank You! :pray:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back