Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
decided to check craiglist for the first time for amiibos...

HOLY SHIT people are greedy and/or dumb...

$20 per MM, Sonic, or Sheik..... trading WFT for Little Mac... :shame:

It's that damn clear plastic column I don't like. I think that's my problem with it.
Everybody has a problem with those support pegs. With the exception of Captain Falcon I don't even notice them, especially when you rotate the amiibo to conceal them.

The alternative would be flimsy amiibo that are always breaking.

Didn't even have to wait in line. Walmart is stepping it up.
Nice! Wow, even got the Walmart exclusive Great Value edition!

Lol what couldn't spring for both Lay's? But I often find off-brand version to taste better, like with sour cream & onion for some reason.

But yeah, Amiibos, cancellations, where's wave 4 grumble grumble..

I don't mind the support columns, I get their necessity in order to not have super boring poses. But why not at least have a consistent color, clear is fine!! Yellow? Ugh..

I've never understood why Link's peg is yellow. Always makes me think of urine running down his leg when I see it.

I've probably typed "Lucina Amiibo" and "Ness Amiibo" damn near 1000 times each at various websites the past few weeks. What kind of hell am I living in right now? Just put them up for pre-order already and end my misery.

Had an interesting conversation with an elderly lady yesterday about beanie babies. She and her husband were extreme collectors with the intention of selling later after retirement for additional income. She said that the most they paid for one beanie baby was $150. They even put a plastic cover over the tags to help preserve the condition of them and the more valuable were put in plastic display containers.

We all know how this story ends..........the values tanked after the market was flooded and she ended up donating 3 large garbage bags full of beanie babies to a local non profit children agency after her husband passed away.

Not suggesting amiibos will go the same route, just thought the similarities in her adventure were oh so familiar.

I still have not received any confirmation from GS about my pre-order of code name steam. It's out today, right?
It is definitely out today - but no phone call/text from GS over here either for my preorder. Never thought I'd be buying a game almost entirely for its amiibo compatibility and preorder bonus, but here we are.

Had an interesting conversation with an elderly lady yesterday about beanie babies. She and her husband were extreme collectors with the intention of selling later after retirement for additional income. She said that the most they paid for one beanie baby was $150. They even put a plastic cover over the tags to help preserve the condition of them and the more valuable were put in plastic display containers.

We all know how this story ends..........the values tanked after the market was flooded and she ended up donating 3 large garbage bags full of beanie babies to a local non profit children agency after her husband passed away.

Not suggesting amiibos will go the same route, just thought the similarities in her adventure were oh so familiar.
This is usually what happens and will likely happen in this case. I enjoy them. They are cheap, have many uses and look pretty sick. People need to calm down, stop paying $100 for a Villager or Little Mac. The value of these things will drop. Nintendo just announced they have sold 3.5 million amiibos since they were released. They will make more.

true in a lot of ways but they could tank or not tank. Keep in mind beanie babies didn't have no prior association or history to them prior while these amiibos are of characters with a long long and colorful history to most characters as well as nostalgia factors which beanie babies didn't have.

This comparison has been done to death but BBs had no loyal following, were sold on the "rareness" factor, and there was no widely used active/reputable market at the time (just guides and traders who determined their value).

Amiibos will die down but I do think that in 10 years, most Amiibo will probably be worth something.

People got tired of the hype for benie babies when the didn't retire the series in 2000 like Ty had previously stated they would. They were floundering a bit at that point, but loyal fans were willing to stay til the end. So long as Nintendo doesn't jump the shark by making too many figures, I think they'll be fine. I just wouldn't buy amiibo as a misguided investment strategy.

Pretty much what happened to me with Garbage Pail Kids cards. I ended up just giving them all to Gambit.

Nice! Wow, even got the Walmart exclusive Great Value edition!
Lol what couldn't spring for both Lay's? But I often find off-brand version to taste better, like with sour cream & onion for some reason.
I actually prefer Walmarts brand too. I just wanted to try another BBQ flavor so I got the Lays.

Biggest difference here is beanie babies were sort of a fad. Amiibo's are nintendo & the nintendo brand don't just come and go. People like them for what they are & do. I mean come on, who don't love little electronic chipped nintendo trophies?

Feel like a kid on Christmas day. Just went to GameStop and they had a Monster Hunter Limited Edition 3DS in stock! They said some guy had ordered it in store a while back and just this morning decided not to get it.

Sorry, I know not amiibo related. But a huge CAG score nonetheless.

Biggest difference here is beanie babies were sort of a fad. Amiibo's are nintendo & the nintendo brand don't just come and go. People like them for what they are & do. I mean come on, who don't love little electronic chipped nintendo trophies?
I think there is less of a difference than you might think. Most of the people I know chasing Amiibos are adult collectors and gamers and most of them don't use the Amiibos for anything other than display purposes. They also have multiples in the hopes that they can sell them for a profit or trade them down the line. While I agree that Beanie Babies didn't have the same long-term nostalgia value as Nintendo's characters, they were also mass produced and scooped up by scalpers resulting in a very similar market to what's happening with Amiibos. It will be interesting to see what happens down the road, but they've already sold over 3.5 million Amiibos in the US and I strongly suspect the vast majority of them are not being used for their gameplay purposes.

You can try to defend Nintendo as much as you want, but their brand just isn't what it used to be. Just look at this Amiibo thing as an example. These could just be a fad

You can try to defend Nintendo as much as you want, but their brand just isn't what it used to be. Just look at this Amiibo thing as an example. These could just be a fad
Wait, what? Wouldn't amiibos be the opposite of proving that?

Anyways, I reaaaaally wouldn't bother holding onto these under the assumption they will be worth a ton someday. All it takes is one reprint to plummet value (i.e. Marth). If you wanna sell, your better off doing it now rather than later.

Wait, what? Wouldn't amiibos be the opposite of proving that?

Anyways, I reaaaaally wouldn't bother holding onto these under the assumption they will be worth a ton someday. All it takes is one reprint to plummet value (i.e. Marth). If you wanna sell, your better off doing it now rather than later.
No way villager will be worth $100+ 4-5 years later.
if it is you can take a screenshot of this post and laugh at me

Really hard to say with these amiibos, I didn't think they were going to be this popular.

No way villager will be worth $100+ 4-5 years later.
if it is you can take a screenshot of this post and laugh at me

Really hard to say with these amiibos, I didn't think they were going to be this popular.
I doubt any of this stuff will be worth anything in 4-5 years. I remember the Beanie Baby thing, but not everyone does. I don't even own an Amiibo, but I love checking out this thread to witness history repeating itself.

I doubt any of this stuff will be worth anything in 4-5 years. I remember the Beanie Baby thing, but not everyone does. I don't even own an Amiibo, but I love checking out this thread to witness history repeating itself.
Yep. Buy this stuff as cheap as you possibly can, guys, in case you decide to sell off your collection eventually--you'll lose less money that way.

Glad I haven't paid more than MSRP for any of mine and I have a healthy collection that has paid for itself.  I will probably break down and buy the trinity when i can find them for a good price in order to have a complete set.  Which, in actuality, is counter productive because you never have more value with an entire set than you do parting it out and selling singles.  But I want a complete set and don't plan on selling it anytime soon. 

It's really hard to justify buying Villager, Marth or Wii Fit Trainer at their current prices when you know they could just be reprinted, or lost shipments found (a la best buy wave 2) any day.  Really bummed that my amazon.de villager never shipped from the third week in Jan.

Feel like a kid on Christmas day. Just went to GameStop and they had a Monster Hunter Limited Edition 3DS in stock! They said some guy had ordered it in store a while back and just this morning decided not to get it.

Sorry, I know not amiibo related. But a huge CAG score nonetheless.
doesn't make sense. they probably meant he returned it. pretty sure there weren't in store preorders.

I think amiibos are in an entirely different echelon than Beanie Babies. People have had 20+ years to form connections with some of the Nintendo characters. They had all of 30 minutes to try and care about Wally the Walrus before Claude the Crab came along. Caring about characters is a big component of driving value on related products. People aren't going to stop caring about these characters in 4 - 5 years. If anything these figures will maintain a $15 - $20 value. No one will lose their shirt on these unless they're buying multiples of figures at $30+ each and speculating that they’ll be worth thousands.

Most people buying doubles are buying at MSRP, so there really isn't much risk here. If people want to keep saying this is going to end up being just like Beanie Babies, feel free but at least try to understand that there's major key differences at play here. There's a whole new generation being born right now that will love Nintendo characters the same way we do. They're still going to want merchandise for their favorite ones. Amiibo values are not going to tank any time soon or in the forseeable future.

Glad I haven't paid more than MSRP for any of mine and I have a healthy collection that has paid for itself. I will probably break down and buy the trinity when i can find them for a good price in order to have a complete set. Which, in actuality, is counter productive because you never have more value with an entire set than you do parting it out and selling singles. But I want a complete set and don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

It's really hard to justify buying Villager, Marth or Wii Fit Trainer at their current prices when you know they could just be reprinted, or lost shipments found (a la best buy wave 2) any day. Really bummed that my amazon.de villager never shipped from the third week in Jan.
Isn't WFT cheaper than the ike/DDD range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back