Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else just going to hang on to their MP10 bundle for a couple weeks and see if the solo Mario pops up? I saw in this thread a while ago that it was looking like ~April 3 it would be available separately. If true I'll be returning MP10 as I have no interest in the franchise. No Club Nintendo coins is icing on the 'I don't need this' cake.

I'm down lol

Remember these? I think I have most of them (quality tops IMO). Not my pic BTW.

attachicon.gif
mon tops.jpg
No but I do have all of the BK figures from way back when. They had a wind up Golem that is the best I've found so far. It could have/should have been way better for the king of the Rock types. Also, is it wrong that that kid's death made me happy as collecting them all became a snap? I went there when they were opening all the blind bags and dumping everything in a bin and throwing away the pokeballs. I was able to snag a mew in his special bubble cause of that. Super awesome.

No but I do have all of the BK figures from way back when. They had a wind up Golem that is the best I've found so far. It could have/should have been way better for the king of the Rock types.
My BK pokemon stuff is an Sandrew and Sandslash key chain and a charizard gold plated card and pokeball thing

Man, is there anyone else trying to get all 50ish Smash Bros. Amiibos?
Not me and I'm one of the biggest nintendo collectors around. I figured out a long time ago not only is it a major hassle trying to get each and everyone of something but space is also an issue not to mention $$$. So with this mentality I simply buy the ones that give me that special feeling inside and ones I actually want to get use out of. This still is going to be quite a feat since I already have 7 and there are plenty more I like. If they make a 8 bit series I'll be all over them like a bear on honey. I'm hoping to see a R.O.B. smash bros amiibo soon but at the rate they are going I hope they make 10 million of him so I have hopes of getting one.

Don't like them anymore?
I've only trained a Link, that was pretty fun. Maybe I just need to train some more. They look alright, but they take up a ton of space and so far their functionality hasn't been worth buying all of them.

I have a problem with collecting things, I always have to be collecting something. Then the moment occurs where I realize I've spent so much and gotten so little back out of it, or that it takes a bunch of room, or whatever else. Luckily with Amiibos I got in on the BB buy 2 get 1 glitch and bought all of wave 1 2 and 3 with it. I sold an extra 2 villagers and marth because I was originally opening ones I wanted and keeping a boxed of the other, so I'm really just about even on Amiibos at this point.

My replacement MK showed up and no bubble mailer. Thank you BBY!  :applause:

n33gq8.jpg

damn peach oos at bestbuy, should have learned from missing dk/yoshi when they dropped - most of my set is via bestbuy orders (so far all sent in boxes and no damage). I picked few up at GS etc for others but still don't have for my own collection lol.

damn peach oos at bestbuy, should have learned from missing dk/yoshi when they dropped. I picked a few up at GS etc for others but still don't have for my own collection lol.
If you're looking for the one in the SSB line, you can still grab it for $10 at Walmart.com.

If you're looking for the one in the SSB line, you can still grab it for $10 at Walmart.com.
came back in stock about 3 minutes ago (used c4c firefox addon)! got it with the ? block case.

At least it came in a box. I ordered a peach a came in a bubble envelope. It was in really bad shape. Ended up returning it.
hmm seems I don't get free expedited shipping anymore... wonder if I'll be getting shit packaging now too

bestbuy shipped all my mario party amiibos. now waits till tomorrow midnight for gold mario. may pick up regular mario as well whenever bestbuy have it. :)

Oh dear lord....

At least I'd finally get a Golem figure though. Might be worth the $8000+ to collect them all...
My personal guess is they'll focus the obviously eventual line around Pokken Tournament, releasing figures for the playable fighters in that game (and maybe some of the supports?). Would be a good way to not go crazy with the number of figures in that line :p

gotta collect them all...... all 700+
721 in the National Dex (including the not officially announced one), assuming the Smash ones get new molds

51 Mega Evolutions / Primal Reversions

27 more Unown forms and 3 more Deoxys Formes top 800, and there's still a number of other form differences that aren't just palette swaps. And then the shinies ... we'd need a new version of that "it prints money" GIF.

They could just go "easy" on us and do Animal Crossing, which would be ~350 for New Leaf.

Don't normally get into these but happened to see the Gold Mario's out at my Walmart already. They however would not budge and sell them to me as they are restricted in the system.

This is weird.  On Nintendo's Twitter page, for the virtual Mario Party 10 party they are doing, they ask "Which of these nine amiibo's will you play as first in Mario Party 10?"  

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/578337592405557248

They show Yoshi, Mario, Bowser, Peach, Wario, Rosalina, Toad, Donkey Kong, and Luigi.  

Okay, so, what's with this?  We don't have a Wario released, yet, and no chance of getting Rosalina (for those who missed out on her, like myself) unless they are going to release more of Rosalina.  Are they going to have Wario and Rosalina available on Friday?  Otherwise, how could Wario be one of the first you could play as?

This is weird. On Nintendo's Twitter page, for the virtual Mario Party 10 party they are doing, they ask "Which of these nine amiibo's will you play as first in Mario Party 10?"

They show Yoshi, Mario, Bowser, Peach, Wario, Rosalina, Toad, Donkey Kong, and Luigi.

Okay, so, what's with this? We don't have a Wario released, yet, and no chance of getting Rosalina (for those who missed out on her, like myself) unless they are going to release more of Rosalina. Are they going to have Wario and Rosalina available on Friday? Otherwise, how could Wario be one of the first you could play as?
Either their PR dept didnt fact check the fact wario is not out as of yet OR they are going to be selling some warios early. Im betting more on the 1st but this is Nintendo and logic tends to go flying out the window.

Either their PR dept didnt fact check the fact wario is not out as of yet OR they are going to be selling some warios early. Im betting more on the 1st but this is Nintendo and logic tends to go flying out the window.
Judging by what I've seen and haven't seen, we won't see any Wario in retail any time soon. I can easily see the preorders starting Friday or Monday, though.

I think you guys are reading too far into it when concerning Wario. Rosalina was released already, Nintendo hasnt been acknowledging rarity in its advertisements for games with amiibo support. 

I think you guys are reading too far into it when concerning Wario. Rosalina was released already, Nintendo hasnt been acknowledging rarity in its advertisements for games with amiibo support.
This has nothing to do with rarity. It has to do with Nintendo assuming we have access to all nine of the amiibo they have listed on that Twitter post. If they expect that people can choose which one of nine of the amiibo people will choose to play as, first, they are mistaken, as we don't have all nine of them. Either due to making them as exclusives to one store, or due to not having even released them, yet.

You did have access to all of them accept Wario. Whether you got one or not is another subject. But thats besides the point. It was just an advertisement to show the amiibo that have support for the game. The game comes out this weekend. Nothing more. 

In any case, supply is a LOT closer to meeting demand now.
What you're describing means supply is outstripping actual demand. Demand is falsely inflated due to resellers and it seems like there is more Ikes in the hands of resellers than people who actually want Ike. If every reseller/collector/trader was to return any extra Ikes right now, he'd probably be fairly common.

What you're describing means supply is outstripping actual demand. Demand is falsely inflated due to resellers and it seems like there is more Ikes in the hands of resellers than people who actually want Ike. If every reseller/collector/trader was to return any extra Ikes right now, he'd probably be fairly common.
I agree somewhat. I feel like it would be uncommon to rare at worst. It's impossible to find many of them because retailers employees friends are holding things and other shady activities. I have never seen Ike in a store, thankfully I pre-ordered. I bought Dedede at TRU launch date last month because I waited outside.

I remember someone bought all the Toon Link amiibos from Best Buy a month ago and now you can find him everywhere.

Resellers are def causing us normal collectors probs.

Went to Target today and saw all the MP Amiibos on the peg... They wouldn't sell it to me though...asshats
It seems like Toad is gonna be super common... I see just as many Toads as any other character, if not more. I can see at least 5 in that 2nd pic.

This is weird. On Nintendo's Twitter page, for the virtual Mario Party 10 party they are doing, they ask "Which of these nine amiibo's will you play as first in Mario Party 10?"

Okay, so, what's with this? We don't have a Wario released, yet, and no chance of getting Rosalina (for those who missed out on her, like myself) unless they are going to release more of Rosalina. Are they going to have Wario and Rosalina available on Friday? Otherwise, how could Wario be one of the first you could play as?
Nintendo will most likely just make cards that they will sell for probably 3 or 4 bucks each instead of trying to get reproduce the amiibo that are already out of production. I was talking to a gamestop employee about this whole amiibo thing when I stopped by and found a megaman there and he too likes collecting the figures and even skylanders figures but the rarity & scalpers turned him off as it does me. Then I brought up the card amiibo's and we both agreed that that just defeats the whole purpose of the amiibo thing to begin with. Nintendo needs to learn the market which obviously they haven't a clue about marketing which has been proven to me over and over in the last few years especially when they announced the Wii U which was total confusion especially for casual gamers.

Nintendo will most likely just make cards that they will sell for probably 3 or 4 bucks each instead of trying to get reproduce the amiibo that are already out of production. I was talking to a gamestop employee about this whole amiibo thing when I stopped by and found a megaman there and he too likes collecting the figures and even skylanders figures but the rarity & scalpers turned him off as it does me. Then I brought up the card amiibo's and we both agreed that that just defeats the whole purpose of the amiibo thing to begin with. Nintendo needs to learn the market which obviously they haven't a clue about marketing which has been proven to me over and over in the last few years especially when they announced the Wii U which was total confusion especially for casual gamers.
I've always been baffled by the idiocy of people. There was the Wii. Now there's the Wii U. Yes they have the same root name, but they're different. No one harps on the fact that there's Playstation 1-4. Or Xbox then 360 then One (makes less sense than Wii U honestly). So if it was Wii 2, no one would have had a problem with it? How bout people just stop being damn idiots and actually look at what they're purchasing??

The card thing is so dumb. I really hope they reprint them. The demand is there. I don't want a card, the in game utility of these are limited anyways. Not going to cry about it either way. I'm paying msrp and that means I missed out on some. Nintendo's loss

The card thing is so dumb. I really hope they reprint them. The demand is there. I don't want a card, the in game utility of these are limited anyways. Not going to cry about it either way. I'm paying msrp and that means I missed out on some. Nintendo's loss
I think this has been covered to death but overstock is a huge risk when it comes to production numbers, or reprints. The reason why Nintendo games always have good sell through, to the point you rarely see them on clearance/sale. I would imagine they want the same for Amiibo. I'm sure they're reprint all of the "rare" ones eventually but don't expect them to flood the market.

Heads up for anyone who may have reserved wave 4 at FYE during the short window they had them open for reservations.

According to my FYE today the company is phasing out video games and will only be honoring reservations for the next month. 

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

I've always been baffled by the idiocy of people. There was the Wii. Now there's the Wii U. Yes they have the same root name, but they're different. No one harps on the fact that there's Playstation 1-4. Or Xbox then 360 then One (makes less sense than Wii U honestly). So if it was Wii 2, no one would have had a problem with it? How bout people just stop being damn idiots and actually look at what they're purchasing??
I agree with you on Xbox One being a dumb name as well but thing about the Wii U is when they announced it even the most diehard nintendo fans such as myself were confused. I mean they didn't even show the console up close all you could see was what looked like a wii and the gamepad so everyone was confused if it was an accessory for the Wii or what. With playstation there is a clear difference just from the looks of the console (because they actually show their hardware, not just controller when they release a new system) and same goes for Xbox One. Don't get me wrong, I love my Wii U had one preordered soon as they went up but I knew the marketing of it was going to royally screw the sales of them. I was so concerned in fact that I emailed nintendo telling them what I thought but they assured me they had the brightest marketing team and not to worry. My nephew is in high school and he knew about the Wii U from me having one and telling him how great it was so he got one and loved it. When he told his friends at school about it they were like it was just a Wii with a screen in it's controller. They had no interest in it whatsoever. Wii U name might have worked had they made the console look radically different from the Wii but for some dumb reason nintendo didn't want to show the console focusing on the gamepad which led to the average consumer thinking it was a $300 controller upgrade they were paying for. This is not even arguable at this point it's just so damned obvious to me what a terrible mistake it was. It bothers me too because so many are missing out on the best console this gen (if the best quality games determines how good a console is) simply because of a marketing blunder on the most epic of scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back