Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe all the retailers should do preorders at exactly the same time.  Then maybe we can actually get a few of them preordered before they sell out.

You the same guy who made that? I met the guy who makes those when Gold Mario came out and we waited in line and chatted till midnight.
I wonder if they are the same guy, a lot pic posting goes un-credited taken most of the time from other sites and just posted without text so you don't know "Is this this guys pic?".

I thought about it all day today and figured it was time for me to stop. It was fun in the begging, but now it's just a race against time. Having almost a month to pre-order them was great for me since I'm on a busy schedule. Now they sell out within minutes and I'm either in class or asleep.
I've pretty much given up on amiibos at this point. Every time they try to suck me in, I just remember that there's a good chance that any sort of collection I try to build is going to be probably 50% of those available at best. There's only one amiibo that I'm hoping to get (if it ever gets released) in Tom Nook.

I just wanted to get these things at my own pace, maybe one or two a week. I don't want to have to rush to three or four different stores on some random day and hope that I'm early enough in the line to be able to get even one of the next wave.

So your plan is to wait 5-10 years or more (IF the next system somehow doesn't use amiibos which it probably will so more like at least 10-15 years)
Wii U will be dead in 2 years much less 10-15 years. Also Nintendo has an absolutely terrible track record of supporting peripherals beyond maybe the first year or so of their release. See: ROB the Robot, The Zapper Gun, The Power Pad, The Super Scope, Nintendo E-Reader, I'm sure I'm missing several more. They already have extremely limited functionality, and considering Nintendo's slate of games for this years include, uh, this Splatoon game that no one is going to buy, and uh, nothing else, I don't expect for that to improve.

I'm just hoping I don't have to endure anything like this by the time they release the Jib-Jub the Blip-Blarp (Gimbar Edition) amiibo. That's gotta be Wave 8, at latest, right?

Wii U will be dead in 2 years much less 10-15 years. Also Nintendo has an absolutely terrible track record of supporting peripherals beyond maybe the first year or so of their release. See: ROB the Robot, The Zapper Gun, The Power Pad, The Super Scope, Nintendo E-Reader, I'm sure I'm missing several more. They already have extremely limited functionality, and considering Nintendo's slate of games for this years include, uh, this Splatoon game that no one is going to buy, and uh, nothing else, I don't expect for that to improve.
Those are all either 1 off add-ons (think Guitar Hero controller) or DEAD-ON-ARRIVAL add-ons. Amiibos are a core part of the Wii U experience, and soon to play a bigger role on 3DS.

Those are all either 1 off add-ons (think Guitar Hero controller) or DEAD-ON-ARRIVAL add-ons. Amiibos are a core part of the Wii U experience, and soon to play a bigger role on 3DS.
Yeah unlocking on disk dlc is a core part of the Wii u/ 3DS experience... Get that garbage outta here.

Yeah unlocking on disk dlc is a core part of the Wii u/ 3DS experience... Get that garbage outta here.
This is an incredibly bat attempt to troll/bait.

No one is arguing for or against their purpose, but arguing their functionality. Nintendo advertises Amiibo as an add-on for their two main platforms. This is not debatable. All year long, titles are coming out with Amiibo functionality. To say that it's going to drop off the Earth is incredibly silly.

People are losing sleep over these? I missed Greninja and I really wanted him.

I'll be happily paying an ebay seller 30-40 bucks for him after release. Going store to store and f5ing a website for hours just isn't worth my time.

This is an incredibly bat attempt to troll/bait.

No one is arguing for or against their purpose, but arguing their functionality. Nintendo advertises Amiibo as an add-on for their two main platforms. This is not debatable. All year long, titles are coming out with Amiibo functionality. To say that it's going to drop off the Earth is incredibly silly.
I never once said amiibo will drop off the face of the earth. Learn to read kid. You come in spouting that amiibo is a core part of the wiiu experience which is complete BS. The gamepad,touch screen, multiplayer, online, miiverse are core parts of the experience. You putting amiibo in the same category make you look foolish. If that were the fact why are amiibo selling like wild fire & the wii u is stagnant? Because most people are buying them to collect & not to use in game. If they were more that on disk dlc unlocks it might be different.

TRU preorder numbers

Greninja 461259
Pacman 461500

They ring up but I'm not sure if everything will work out come pickup day.

How the heck do you even start the conversation with an employee? "Hey, I want to preorder something, but you don't have cards for it. Just enter this code in the register, it will be fine."

How the heck do you even start the conversation with an employee? "Hey, I want to preorder something, but you don't have cards for it. Just enter this code in the register, it will be fine."
That's what I plan on doing.

If you want you could say "Hey a friend of mine just had this done at his local Toys R Us..."

Is there no way to preorder over the phone? 

too far from a toyrus right now, by time i get there preorder's will probably be dead. 

just want ONE greninja 

Actually, yeah. Out the FE characters I really don't want any of them. I'm more in it for the thrill and the harder it is to get them, the more it is worth. Why wouldn't I want my stuff to be more valuable?
Fair enough...I guess I'm looking at it from a CAG community standpoint. I paid 60 on CL for my Marth but am not particularly bothered by the reprint, in fact I'm happy to see other CAGS who want one get one. I read your post as you wanted to hold a Greninja only due to the "suffering" (if you can call it that) of others.

More "Hey, I want to preorder something, but you don't have cards for it. I do have the code for the system if you can enter that?". He replied, " I can try.". And well, surprised that it worked but had no issues.

More "Hey, I want to preorder something, but you don't have cards for it. I do have the code for the system if you can enter that?". He replied, " I can try.". And well, surprised that it worked but had no issues.
do you live at toys r us? you just posted a few mins after he posted

Hmm... I kinda want to go out and try this. If someone finds the codes for Robin and Lucina, I'll be out the door within like 30 seconds of seeing it.

There are 3 TRU w/in 10 miles. I called the one with the least knowledgeable staff and asked general questions w/o saying can I give you the number w/o a ticket. They did not bite. Before I drive out of my way I'll wait for more success stories and or proof.

Toys r us pre order system is pretty bad. You must have the card and receipt to pick it up. So you can place the preorder now but if you dont get the card they may deny you the item when you go to pick it up. They dont actually take your number or anything so the system always has people trying to take advantage of it.

I don't claim to know how the TRU preorder system works, but wouldn't this completely undermine the point of the April 27th in-store preorder event? And even aside from the fact that you wouldn't have the preorder card to show on pickup, couldn't they just look at the date on your receipt and know that something wasn't right?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this to work too so I could go try it myself, but it just seems too good to be true (or TRU, heh).

I never once said amiibo will drop off the face of the earth. Learn to read kid. You come in spouting that amiibo is a core part of the wiiu experience which is complete BS.
I like you're telling me to read but you're completely ignoring the quote I replied to. Opinions on Amiibos being dumb or cool, I don't really give a shit. But for people to think Amiibos are going to disappear in a year is just a bit silly. That is why I asked if you were trolling/baiting me because your post had nothing to do with my comment.

I'm not here to argue Amiibo and their relation to the Wii U and 3DS. I'm here to argue because of the Wii U and 3DS, Amiibos will continue to be produced as their only functionality is within those system. The Wii U and 3DS both use Amiibo as a selling point with "NFC".

Also, it will throw off the pre-order numbers. Pre-order cards are made available to match the allocation for stores. Circumventing this process by using this loophole will create another situation very much like the Lucario pre-order cards. Where TRU prematurely destroyed the remaining pre-ordered cards. I suggest to just wait for the pre-order cards and please stop exploiting the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back