Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't even say they were selling it (though I'm sure we can assume).

*This isn't directed at you specifically.

This thread though. People complain yet still post "trades" of a Villager for 2 Marths and an Ike. You guys may not be selling your items but you're trading based on that eBay value (so you're no better). And you buy 2 of an item but you're still taking away one for someone else for your precious "trades". Even if you don't trade, you are still taking away from someone. If you truly cared you wouldn't even buy amiibos so you can help the next guy.
I find this funny when you yourself are a reseller as work lol

I heard there wear quite a few awesome people yesterday. My sister was waiting in a line behind a few other people and the guy ahead of her actually counted out the number of Lucina's and didn't grab one because he knew that she wouldn't get one if he did (the only one she needed). She actually had a great number of awesome stories.

So glad to hear, especially after I go on this thread and see that one guy (without fail, they are here every wave) who posts that picture with 10 of the same amiibo. "This is my haul". I know you are trying so desperately to get attention and for everyone to envy you (which is pretty pathetic) but would you kindly leave us alone? Thanks.

That's just another assumption. I post pics of my finds too but don't say why I got them. I shouldn't need to. If I want to trade, sell, keep, open, etc. it doesn't really matter.

Why does anyone post pictures? b/c you're proud of what you got, showing off, or just telling a story.
LOL

I heard there wear quite a few awesome people yesterday. My sister was waiting in a line behind a few other people and the guy ahead of her actually counted out the number of Lucina's and didn't grab one because he knew that she wouldn't get one if he did (the only one she needed). She actually had a great number of awesome stories.

So glad to hear, especially after I go on this thread and see that one guy (without fail, they are here every wave) who posts that picture with 10 of the same amiibo. "This is my haul". I know you are trying so desperately to get attention and for everyone to envy you (which is pretty pathetic) but would you kindly leave us alone? Thanks.
Please don't speak for me, I in fact enjoyed his post!

That's just another assumption. I post pics of my finds too but don't say why I got them. I shouldn't need to. If I want to trade, sell, keep, open, etc. it doesn't really matter.

Why does anyone post pictures? b/c you're proud of what you got, showing off, or just telling a story.
Whatever he's doing with the amiibo is kind of beside the point. Posting a picture like that on CAG is basically asking for trouble. If you buy more than two of an amiibo, don't post a picture. It's going to piss people off.

For the record, I don't care if he's reselling, trading, or melting them. It's just not very tactful to post a picture like that on a site that is very obviously going to react negatively.

I find this funny when you yourself are a reseller as work lol
I do resell... and I collect. Which I always have to tell you yet you conveniently forget to bring up.

Heck, just yesterday I brought a Ness and Jigglypuff. Was going to keep it but decided to sell the Jigglypuff for MSRP to the guy at Gamestop but he gave me $20 instead. He waited all night for Gamestop to open so he missed Target, decided to help him out. Traded Ness for Ike since I already got one shipped to me from Gamestop to the guy in front of him.

I may resell but I (and many other resellers) aren't some heartless baby snatchers that you like to believe we are. Some of us do collect, trade and give away when we can.

I got 40 Metaknights to go with my 40 Lucinas and 40 Robins.

Will not resell. Bought them to roll around on.

Whatever he's doing with the amiibo is kind of beside the point. Posting a picture like that on CAG is basically asking for trouble. If you buy more than two of an amiibo, don't post a picture. It's going to piss people off.

For the record, I don't care if he's reselling, trading, or melting them. It's just not very tactful to post a picture like that on a site that is very obviously going to react negatively.
This.

If you are going to resell, then whatever, have a good time. People can bitch all they want about it but it isn't going to stop them. I couldn't care less what you do. But there is no reason you have to post about it on this forum. That is your own personal business, put those things on eBay and be done with it.

Since I passed on getting Robin this morning (left him for the people behind me) and he was snatched out of the cart on Amazon I'm REALLY hoping that mine is not destroyed from BB.

Also, I just wanted to go on record and say that I hated the way Amazon did their selling. I much prefer the random pop-ups than the entire amiibo world all F5'ing something rare at the same time. I REALLY hope other companies don't decide to follow their methods for the next wave. (even though I previously thought this might have been a good idea, in actuality it was not)
It was pretty bad but, at least Amazon made an attempt to combat the hoarders. The issue is I don't really know what they or anyone else could have done differently. B&M is the worst by far. Saw some fat bitch walking out of target with every Rosalina they had. Those instances being allowed to happen is what's causing this insane demand for these items. Not all but most stores are or in the past were allowing one person to buy the entire lot. Amiibos have become the new beanie babies. Both pointless and driven up in price by bad retail policies allowing a select few to control the market.

6 Metaknights? And I thought me having doubles was bad.......
Who knows, maybe he drove to 6 different best buys. Maybe someone can complain about him selling one on ebay for $35 so that he can make a measly $10 profit which doesn't include time taken to list the item, answer any questions, package it, and acquire it.

I do resell... and I collect. Which I always have to tell you yet you conveniently forget to bring up.

Heck, just yesterday I brought a Ness and Jigglypuff. Was going to keep it but decided to sell the Jigglypuff for MSRP to the guy at Gamestop but he gave me $20 instead. He waited all night for Gamestop to open so he missed Target, decided to help him out. Traded Ness for Ike since I already got one shipped to me from Gamestop to the guy in front of him.

I may resell but I (and many other resellers) aren't some heartless baby snatchers that you like to believe we are. Some of us do collect, trade and give away when we can.
I know you resell, but have you ever cleaned out a rare Amiibo (or any item) from a store? i once cleaned out a rare item from a store a few years ago with the intention to sell it on eBay, but felt like such a scumbag that I have never done it since.

I agree completely but with the selling part I believe he is. Cause if it was for trades he would of mentioned that in original post or offer them to members here neither of which he done and there no trade post by him either
But aren't this thread's rules not to post about trades? As you see, I stated no such thing to break rules. And as far as trade post... you do realize there are better places to look for trades locally, than online right? CAG forums isn't the end all for trading amiibos.

So why is it his fault that some people (not all) are going to react negatively? If he gets a rise out of someone that's their own fault. I could give 2 shits about what someone legally purchases or if they take a picture of it. I could easily have purchased just as much yeasterday if not more and posted it on here. Simply not worth my time to drive to every store that carries amiibos and spend 8 hours doing it, but to each their own.

He's a consumer, that's his job...to purchase. Blame the manufacturer for not being able to meet the demand. NEVER blame a consumer in a situation like this. Difference of opinion? So be it, but good luck swaying others that agree with me.

So why is it his fault that some people (not all) are going to react negatively? If he gets a rise out of someone that's their own fault. I could give 2 shits about what someone legally purchases or if they take a picture of it. I could easily have purchased just as much yeasterday if not more and posted it on here. Simply not worth my time to drive to every store that carries amiibos and spend 8 hours doing it, but to each their own.

He's a consumer, that's his job...to purchase. Blame the manufacturer for not being able to meet the demand. NEVER blame a consumer in a situation like this.
Amiibos make everyone crazy, the most common assumption on this thread outside of secret scalpers is that somehow buying an extra Amiibo from a local store meant that the person physically prevented them from having one. Chalk it up to this being most people's first foray into collectibles I guess.

I know you resell, but have you ever cleaned out a rare Amiibo (or any item) from a store? i once cleaned out a rare item from a store a few years ago with the intention to sell it on eBay, but felt like such a scumbag that I have never done it since.
Never actually. I don't clear out stock and if I do it's for items that been sitting in a store for months and / or there are only 2 or so left.

I totally agree with this but the only purpose of those photos is to troll. Don't feed them.

I was a few minutes late at grabbing a Meta Knight today while at BBY grabbing Splatoon. Apparently they had a dozen on the shelf, and one guy bought the entire lot. Met another guy who was looking at the Amiibo's who boasted about clearing out some stores in the area of their Meta Knights and Charizards, and came to mine looking for more Meta Knight's. Then after an awkward pause, he gave the whole "I buy these for my son" line.

I was a few minutes late at grabbing a Meta Knight today while at BBY grabbing Splatoon. Apparently they had a dozen on the shelf, and one guy bought the entire lot. Met another guy who was looking at the Amiibo's who boasted about clearing out some stores in the area of their Meta Knights and Charizards, and came to mine looking for more Meta Knight's. Then after an awkward pause, he gave the whole "I buy these for my son" line.
Who knows, weebs and otaku have been known to do crazier shit for their waifus and there is considerable overlap in fanbase

Just opened up my Jigglypuff amiibo, does the base on anyone elses seem sort of....jiggly? (Like around the clear plastic part, just seems a bit wobbly)

Amiibos make everyone crazy, the most common assumption on this thread outside of secret scalpers is that somehow buying an extra Amiibo from a local store meant that the person physically prevented them from having one. Chalk it up to this being most people's first foray into collectibles I guess.
Posting the picture is in bad taste as it's clearly looking for the responses that have been given. As annoying as it is I am willing to bet a lot who are pissed off would do the same thing given the opportunity. To me the profit margins are so low it isn't really worth my time. If I come across multiples I might buy an extra just to trade for one I can't find. After shipping and seller fees on average you're making what 10-15. Some might gain more but, still.

How has BB not gotten with the program with limiting to 1 each? I walked into BB after Target yesterday in the off chance of Meta Knight (Which they didn't have :/) And there was some douche holding like 7 Silver Mario and looking for other rares (Which they had none). I hardly think the time and effort spent waiting in lines for hours to then have to sell to make such little profit is insane. I do feel bad for people in these cities who aren't getting MK because of hoarders. I only will get a second figure on super rare occasion and online only, I'd feel like too much of a dick buying multiple and costing somebody local

How has BB not gotten with the program with limiting to 1 each? I walked into BB after Target yesterday in the off chance of Meta Knight (Which they didn't have :/) And there was some douche holding like 7 Silver Mario and looking for other rares (Which they had none). I hardly think the time and effort spent waiting in lines for hours to then have to sell to make such little profit is insane. I do feel bad for people in these cities who aren't getting MK because of hoarders. I only will get a second figure on super rare occasion and online only, I'd feel like too much of a dick buying multiple and costing somebody local
Most BB did limit to one each, some stores just didn't care or felt like it's too much of a hassle to manage.

most have a policy during release. If they make it to the floor I think most assume demand is already fullfileld

Amiibos only drive everyone crazy because they're a bunch of whiny, entitled video gamers.

They've never seen anything like this, so they go nuts buying all the things, turning into little scalpers who believe they're titans of industry because they managed to double up on a few items, despite not taking into account any of the time, transaction costs or other sunk costs that it took to do their deal.

Toys collectors just kind of look on this, shrug and say to themselves "You sweet, sweet summer children". And then laugh.

There's a reason all of these tools that Amiibo collectors have used exist. There's a REASON someone bothered to write a thing to use SKUs to check Target's stock. This stuff is all old hat for toy collectors. It's actually the nature of the game. And that's before even considering ultra limited editions, convention only special editions and the like.

But nope. Lots of amiibo collectors, if you read the threads, are a bunch of whiny Veruca Salts, endlessly yelling "BUT I WANT IT NOW!"

I guess I don't shop at mine enough to have known their policy. I saw they had a few at the customer service when I walked back to gaming where they only had Silver Mario/Splatoon/Charizard back there. My BB is one of the smaller stores so they rarely ever get more then a couple of anything, and I've never seen rare amiibos. They just finally got Sheiks and Sonics in recently. I guess my BB had gotten 10 Meta Knight at the original release but I was there an hour after opening and I guess they were gone after 5 minutes. I can say even after having everything this wave, I think I'm done with these. The headache of constantly refreshing pages is just brutal, which is a shame because I love these figures as a collector but the time spent versus the payoff isn't worth it anymore. That and I'm not willing to spend 50 a piece for the ones I still need when I'm just aiding some jerk who bought a bunch of them.

Anyone's order from Amazon ship yet or in the process? Was able to snag Robin but now I am worried ;S
My Lucina i managed to get has changed to shipping today status.

[attachment=14556:20150530_111450_resized.jpg]

Also this is what was left at around 11 am this morning at the East Washington St Toy R Us on the east side of Indy. Have seen plenty of sliver Mario's between here and a couple of gamestops.

I'm actually glad to see how much of the Splatoon stuff is around, as it seems like with Mario Party's launch AND Splatoon's launch it was easy enough to find the figures. Unlike say, Steam and Kirby.

Makes me feel like Yarn Yoshi's won't be insane to get.

I'm actually glad to see how much of the Splatoon stuff is around, as it seems like with Mario Party's launch AND Splatoon's launch it was easy enough to find the figures. Unlike say, Steam and Kirby.

Makes me feel like Yarn Yoshi's won't be insane to get.
I hope so, too. I'll be content as long as I can get the classic green Yarn Yoshi.

Well Splatoon is the most useful Amiibo. The game is VERY fun too! Makes me feel like I am playing TF2 in many ways, cept with different victory conditions. Quite fun. =D

The Silver Mario figure has been available at the 4 Gamestops I went to in San Diego. No luck with Lucina or Robin :(... It makes sense tho, if I was in charge of amiibo production I would produce less of them since those figures are less appealing to the general audience, which sucks because I really want them! 

Amiibos only drive everyone crazy because they're a bunch of whiny, entitled video gamers.
They've never seen anything like this, so they go nuts buying all the things, turning into little scalpers who believe they're titans of industry because they managed to double up on a few items, despite not taking into account any of the time, transaction costs or other sunk costs that it took to do their deal.

Toys collectors just kind of look on this, shrug and say to themselves "You sweet, sweet summer children". And then laugh.
There's a reason all of these tools that Amiibo collectors have used exist. There's a REASON someone bothered to write a thing to use SKUs to check Target's stock. This stuff is all old hat for toy collectors. It's actually the nature of the game. And that's before even considering ultra limited editions, convention only special editions and the like.

But nope. Lots of amiibo collectors, if you read the threads, are a bunch of whiny Veruca Salts, endlessly yelling "BUT I WANT IT NOW!"
And yet the toy collector is the one on ebay buying the collections for $1500 (which basically costed those selling it nothing due to all the doubles they picked up) and misprints for $2000!

My local BB has. They only allow 1 new Amiibo and 2 "old" Amiibo. I found this out when I tried to buy multiple Fox to send to people in CAG so I was only able to send to one.

Posting the picture is in bad taste as it's clearly looking for the responses that have been given. As annoying as it is I am willing to bet a lot who are pissed off would do the same thing given the opportunity. To me the profit margins are so low it isn't really worth my time. If I come across multiples I might buy an extra just to trade for one I can't find. After shipping and seller fees on average you're making what 10-15. Some might gain more but, still.
Exactly this!
The margin is so small that to scalp is just not really "worth" it. So many better options if one wants to make real money. Couldn't agree more

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back