Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
So... your first comment is basically moot ~ The issue isn't the shift you work on, it's that you forgot/already have an import.
I wouldn't have forgotten if it weren't due to the incredibly boring engagement called work that I was attending. If I didn't have to attend this activity, I more than likely would have been able to activate an arrangement between myself and Amazon.com for an exchange of my money for one of their items.

shorthand - I was too busy with work to think about Amiibos.

I was too busy tending to my duties, but mostly lusting over this super hot middle eastern girl I work with. God! I'd tear that shit to shreds

Don't worry we will see 2nd round pop up 1-2 weeks from now. I sure amazon still have 1/4 stock left. Next round will last 30 minutes or less. :)

Wow, just got my order from Play-asia, and they went above and beyond on the packaging.

If you're looking for absolutely mint amiibo's, this place is probably the best bet.
Yj8azlX.jpg

Got a Pal as well. Will resell it since it's the "American Version" to the crazy NIB people and get an import to open.

For some reason my estimate delivery is on Dec 31, 2015 for Palutena when I ordered together with Starfox Zero. Does anyone has different delivery date? or this is just me?
with free shipping, you needed to change shipping from "group items" to "ship separately". I'd contact customer service.

[quote name="wacekar7" post="12827520" timestamp="1437861724"]So just out of curiosity...for all the NiB collectors....does an amiibo being "first print" make a difference to you?[/quote]

I don't care.

So just out of curiosity...for all the NiB collectors....does an amiibo being "first print" make a difference to you?
Nope not to me. I just want NA sealed. I'll buy the imports to open any NA ones I want now.

Like I want to make open sets of the different games.

I'm a bit unclear on Bestbuy's rules on the upcoming Dark Pit Amiibo this coming Friday.
I know you can't pre-order this, but will we still be able to order them on the website once they start selling them at their retail locations?

As a person living with a back injury and unable to make it to a retail store I find this pretty unfair.

I am sick of Nintendo continuing to make it hard for fans in the USA to buy them while the UK and Japan don't have these issues (I.E. store exclusives and hugely under stocked Amiibo).

Wave 2 was a complete nightmare to collect for with both Toys R Us and GameStop canceling every one of my orders due to shortages of supply. Then Wave 3 selling out online in a matter of minutes and GameStop' s servers crashing.

Amazon, I feel, has finally come up with a decent solution, by allowing you to join a notification email list, then they tell you the time when they will be sold, and finally strict 1 per person sales. This is how Best Buy should be handling it IMO.

I just really hope I can somehow get a Dark Pit, as Kid Icarus is my favorite NES game, and has been since 1987!

Well, how Best Buy handles Dark Pit is on Best Buy and not Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't tell Best Buy to not do pre-orders or sell them on the site.

Also, US gets most of the stock of Amiibo. Amiibo aren't widely available in Japan either.

Well, how Best Buy handles Dark Pit is on Best Buy and not Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't tell Best Buy to not do pre-orders or sell them on the site.

Also, US gets most of the stock of Amiibo. Amiibo aren't widely available in Japan either.
Nintendo does decide to make them store exclusive and how little stock to provide to them.
This is the main problem. NESS, Jigglypuff, Robin, and Lucina all sold out in 10 minutes or less, but are all easy to buy from Japan.

Nintendo does decide to make them store exclusive and how little stock to provide to them.
This is the main problem. NESS, Jigglypuff, Robin, and Lucina all sold out in 10 minutes or less, but are all easy to buy from Japan.
Nintendo likely fills to what they order. Like I said NA actually gets the largest amount of amibo stock.

Ness was up in store for a few hours and he had a restock that was pretty good. Jigglypuff was pretty easy in store as most targets got at least 32. Jigglypuff also had a huge restock and was in stock on the site for a few days.

Robin and Lucina weren't store exclusive.

As far as being easy to buy in Japan, Robin and Lucina have been sold out for awhile there. Lucina from Amazon Japan right now is about $25 before shipping fees. Robin is about $19 before fees.

Jigglypuff is instock there right now. Ness isn't too bad.

Seems Robin and Lucina havent had a reprint yet while the other 2 have.

I'm a bit unclear on Bestbuy's rules on the upcoming Dark Pit Amiibo this coming Friday.
I know you can't pre-order this, but will we still be able to order them on the website once they start selling them at their retail locations?

As a person living with a back injury and unable to make it to a retail store I find this pretty unfair.

I am sick of Nintendo continuing to make it hard for fans in the USA to buy them while the UK and Japan don't have these issues (I.E. store exclusives and hugely under stocked Amiibo).

Wave 2 was a complete nightmare to collect for with both Toys R Us and GameStop canceling every one of my orders due to shortages of supply. Then Wave 3 selling out online in a matter of minutes and GameStop' s servers crashing.

Amazon, I feel, has finally come up with a decent solution, by allowing you to join a notification email list, then they tell you the time when they will be sold, and finally strict 1 per person sales. This is how Best Buy should be handling it IMO.

I just really hope I can somehow get a Dark Pit, as Kid Icarus is my favorite NES game, and has been since 1987!
I believe BB said it will not be sold online, only in store.

It's just a figure man calm down now, just buy a EU version for $20 shipped on eBay

To be honest, Fire Emblem and Earthbound/Mother are far more popular in Japan than they are here, it makes sense they would be in larger numbers (relative to number of buyers) over there. Japan also does not have the Amiibo craze/collectors/scalpers to the extent we have going on here, either. Yes, there are many fans of those games and characters here, but not like it is there - heck we can't even get timely releases of those games themselves.

The scalpers on Amazon have pounced on anyone that didn't get Palutena. The third party listings under the U.S. Palutena start at $42. The Japanese Palutena went from $21 w/ Prime to $29 w/ Prime.

I understand that it was up for over an hour and if you are in the amiibo game you were trying to make arrangements on Friday to get her. But the amount of gouging that's now taking place to those who did miss out is pretty sad.

The scalpers on Amazon have pounced on anyone that didn't get Palutena. The third party listings under the U.S. Palutena start at $42. The Japanese Palutena went from $21 w/ Prime to $29 w/ Prime.

I understand that it was up for over an hour and if you are in the amiibo game you were trying to make arrangements on Friday to get her. But the amount of gouging that's now taking place to those who did miss out is pretty sad.
I'm not going to go into semantics, but Amazon is a very mobile accessible site. You can literally get on even if you have 3G. If you were in a position where you couldn't excuse yourself for 3 min to go on mobile during the 5 o clock EDT hour to check and purchase it, then you have to pay convenience fee. It's literally $20-$30 at this point and if you can't afford that in your budget then you probably shouldn't be in the Amiibo game.

I'm playing devil's advocate to an extent, but buying and reselling is the cornerstone of capitalism. I cannot fault people for applying it to this commodity like any other.

It is short term, trying to take advantage of people that freak out because they missed the window or forgot. This figure wasn't hard to get, the price will drop back down quickly. Yeah, it is sad though people do that.

From what I can tell they aren't going too high on eBay. Most auctions are only in the $20 range. I was really hoping it would be rarer than it was I was hoping to be able to trade mine for something a little bit more valuable that I actually wanted. I still haven't been able to find any Splatoon Amiibos under $70.

Got my Palutena just now and I see where the problems that have been mentioned with her. Her face is a little on the scary side but mine isn't as bad as the one that was going around on the amiibo Reddit. Also her shield arm is very scary having a 3 year old that could easily break it off because of the flimsy nature of it. However it is one of the more detailed amiibo and considering it's only a $12.99 figure, I'm impressed with her. Looks great with Pit and Dark Pit for sure.

My Palutena came in today as well. She looks alright as far as Amiibo go. I got her for the sake of pairing with Figma Pit.

For the money I rather have someone like Banpresto or Sega making prize figures of these characters. It's amazing the quality you can potentially get for $13.

Oh my! $21 to $29? Woah. How will people feed their children and get a toy?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back