Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I spoke to the manager at my GS About this as well and he indicated that the store is opening at 9 for preorders for everyone. No info on quantity though.

Well UPS ruined one of my Dark Pits. Didn't wrap the box in plastic to protect it, and therefore one of the Dark Pits inside is ruined. 

Hopefully I can get them to ship me a replacement.

Thank you to (I think it was Vinny) a bajillion pages ago for the heads up on the Detolf shelf.  I have a semi finished product, but I'm pleased with the results.

IKEA DETOLF - Glass-door cabinet, black-brown - $69.99

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

IKEA - DIODER - LED multi-use light, white - $24.99  / 4 pack

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00119424/

Azar 326043 12-Inch W by 8.5-Inch D Three-Tier Acrylic Step Display

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083R3DHO

[attachment=16329:Amiibo2.jpg][attachment=16330:Amiibo3.jpg]

[attachment=16331:Amiibo4.jpg][attachment=16332:Amiibo5.jpg]

Very nice display set up, I've been looking to buy something similar for years. Not for Amiibos, but just for my gaming collection in general. Sadly, I haven't had an Ikea locally, but that is due to change next summer here in Vegas and I can't wait. These guys makes some killer products at good pricing.

They have this reallllly nice display case for $400. It's maybe 2.5x the size of a Detolf. My GF is trying to get me to buy it so she can take the Detolf for her Sailor Moon stuff.

Thank you to (I think it was Vinny) a bajillion pages ago for the heads up on the Detolf shelf. I have a semi finished product, but I'm pleased with the results.
No, it wasn't me. I don't know anything about displaying Amiibos. I keep mine imprisoned in cold, brown boxes b/c I'm some kind of monster that likes to take happiness away from other people. Or I don't have space to display them... I forget which.:whistle2:k

Your set up looks fantastic though!:D

Is the only way to get the retro characters the 3 pack?  I really only WANT Game&Watch, but ROB and Duck Hunt Dog are amiibo I wouldn't mind owning.

I will seriously claw somebody for game and watch.

He's been my main since Melee.  I am the 9 Hammer.  The RNG Warrior.

Well UPS ruined one of my Dark Pits. Didn't wrap the box in plastic to protect it, and therefore one of the Dark Pits inside is ruined.

That sucks. Sorry to hear.

I am always worried about damaged parcels here. I've had really badly packed boxed by both Best Buy and Toys R Us in the past.

I still have not even received a shipping notice on my Dark Pits so I'm pretty sure they must have run out.
Their customer service is also terrible. I've contacted them twice now and they haven't replied yet.

Is the only way to get the retro characters the 3 pack? I really only WANT Game&Watch, but ROB and Duck Hunt Dog are amiibo I wouldn't mind owning.

He's been my main since Melee. I am the 9 Hammer. The RNG Warrior.
Yes.

[quote name="Nothing371" post="12850129" timestamp="1438808373"]The pic says "figures only available in 3-pack. not sold seperately" under the "Available on the 25th of September 2015" headline. I wouldn't take that to mean they'll never be sold as individuals. Perhaps, perhaps not. Things change on a month-to-month basis. They make this stuff up as they go along and can do whatever they want. The picture doesn't even mention the Gamestop exclusivity, or any other retailer availability.

All it means is they will only be sold as a 3-pack at launch.[/quote]

What was the point of asking for a source if you're just going to believe whatever you want anyway?

I don't think I've ever seen a cardboard package plastic wrapped. Would that be to keep liquids out? Unless you meant the Amiibo box. I've received packages both ways and it didn't seem to matter. If the box gets crushed it's almost guaranteed the contents won't make it.

I received an interestingly packaged set of 4 imports. They were shrink wrapped to a sheet of cardboard which was then put in a box. Brilliant, but the corner ended up getting a bit crushed and an Amiibo suffered a bent backing lol. I've never really received damaged boxes until these things came along, I can't imagine trying to get a replacement over something so small like that.

Is the only way to get the retro characters the 3 pack? I really only WANT Game&Watch, but ROB and Duck Hunt Dog are amiibo I wouldn't mind owning.

Yes.

Just import him. It won't be the end of the world, the world will keep going.

Finally received my Amazon.fr order in today. Got worried when the USPS lady dropped off a mangled box that looked like it's seen better transit days. Aside from some bent corners, it was packed decently with added packaging paper to cushion the amiibos on top. The packaging for Olimar was a little dented on the side but no damage to the amiibo itself.

Was expecting worse when buying overseas. Really it seems like a waste to do this unless you plan to open them up - which I plan to with these.

attachicon.gif
20150805_120101 (2).jpg

attachicon.gif
20150805_120043.jpg

attachicon.gif
20150805_120231 (2).jpg
Finally received my Amazon.fr order in today. Got worried when the USPS lady dropped off a mangled box that looked like it's seen better transit days. Aside from some bent corners, it was packed decently with added packaging paper to cushion the amiibos on top. The packaging for Olimar was a little dented on the side but no damage to the amiibo itself.

Was expecting worse when buying overseas. Really it seems like a waste to do this unless you plan to open them up - which I plan to with these.

attachicon.gif
20150805_120101 (2).jpg

attachicon.gif
20150805_120043.jpg

attachicon.gif
20150805_120231 (2).jpg
LOL.

Love your last line. They are toys priced at $12.99, they are meant to be opened. That's the whole point of them.

Your "source" is a picture that I had already seen, with incomplete information, that isn't helpful whatsoever to people that are trying to buy amiibos.
I accidentally posted this at first without any text but really I don't know what else to say. If you are in that much denial, then there is no changing your mind anyway.

I accidentally posted this at first without any text but really I don't know what else to say. If you are in that much denial, then there is no changing your mind anyway.
I hate to break it to you but these amiibos are sold separately all over the rest of the world outside of our market. The squid amiibo is also getting an individual release, in contradiction to the initial 'not sold separately' 3-pack that was already released. Not to mention, Nintendo responds to the market and if people are clamoring to buy these as individuals, they will likely sell them as individuals eventually. It won't 'not happen' because of some small text you read in a picture on the internet.

No one is disputing the fact that they are only available as a 3-pack at launch. No one is saying the retro three will definitely be sold as singles in the NA market.

There's a rumor going around that the only other way to get these individual is at the Nintendo World Store. They are supposedly going to holding a special retro amiibo competition to win eligibility to purchase each of the amiibo a week per amiibo. For R.O.B. one must stack the disc in certain order to make him available to purchase. Duck hunt dog you must score 250,000 points or more on the game duck hunt. Game&Watch will be a bit trickier according to the rumor because in order to purchase him you must score at least 100 on the classic game. Looks as if I won't be getting these since I don't have access to Nintendo World Store & probably would not take the time to do this anyways. For those who are close and have the time it's going to be a fun event which might even lead to some retro gaming trash talk which is a rarity these days.

The squid amiibo is also getting an individual release, in contradiction to the initial 'not sold separately' 3-pack that was already released.
Is this true NA, is going to get the individual packaged Squid (I've been wanting this for a while now)? If so, any idea on its release date?

I hate to break it to you but these amiibos are sold separately all over the rest of the world outside of our market. The squid amiibo is also getting an individual release, in contradiction to the initial 'not sold separately' 3-pack that was already released. Not to mention, Nintendo responds to the market and if people are clamoring to buy these as individuals, they will likely sell them as individuals eventually. It won't 'not happen' because of some small text you read in a picture on the internet.

No one is disputing the fact that they are only available as a 3-pack at launch. No one is saying the retro three will definitely be sold as singles in the NA market.
I will take back what I said if you can show a source for the squid amiibo being sold separately in NA.

There's a rumor going around that the only other way to get these individual is at the Nintendo World Store. They are supposedly going to holding a special retro amiibo competition to win eligibility to purchase each of the amiibo a week per amiibo. For R.O.B. one must stack the disc in certain order to make him available to purchase. Duck hunt dog you must score 250,000 points or more on the game duck hunt. Game&Watch will be a bit trickier according to the rumor because in order to purchase him you must score at least 100 on the classic game.
This can't be fucking serious. It's not like amiibo weren't fucking hard enough to buy, but now they have the audacity to make us complete these challenges before we are allowed the privilege of giving them our money?

If this is true..... the sheer arrogance behind it..... fuck.

I guess they have enough fans worshipping them that they believe they are a deity themselves now and that their products are too good for any commoner to have.

fuck you Nintendo. That's all I can say.

Last edited:
This can't be fucking serious. It's not like amiibo weren't fucking hard enough to buy, but now they have the audacity to make us complete these challenges before we are allowed the privilege of giving them our money?

If this is true..... the sheer arrogance behind it..... fuck.

I guess they have enough fans worshipping them that they believe they are a deity themselves now and that their products are too good for any commoner to have.

fuck you Nintendo. That's all I can say.

Gullible much. Jesus Christ.

Thank you to (I think it was Vinny) a bajillion pages ago for the heads up on the Detolf shelf. I have a semi finished product, but I'm pleased with the results.

IKEA DETOLF - Glass-door cabinet, black-brown - $69.99
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10119206/

IKEA - DIODER - LED multi-use light, white - $24.99 / 4 pack
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00119424/

Azar 326043 12-Inch W by 8.5-Inch D Three-Tier Acrylic Step Display
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083R3DHO

Amiibo2.jpg Amiibo3.jpg
Amiibo4.jpg Amiibo5.jpg
That's such an awesome display. Too bad my collector friend would never take them out of the packaging to do something cool like that.

That's such an awesome display. Too bad my collector friend would never take them out of the packaging to do something cool like that.
Thanks!

I used to never take anything out of the box, but then I started to look like a hoarder. So I bit the bullet last year and started ripping open CE's (certain ones, but most of them) and frankly just didn't want a billion Amiibo boxes lying around.

Besides it's way easier to pick them off the shelf and use them in game now.

They're in order according to European box number... front to back, top to bottom. Just ordered a 4th 3 tier shelf for the bottom.

Well, my gamestop said that they are only letting in pro members at 9 am. :/ I was really hoping this was not going to be true. It sounds like this is just a ploy to sell useless pro memberships. I just hope there will be some left at 10 am. This is exactly why I hate gamestop..

Well, my gamestop said that they are only letting in pro members at 9 am. :/ I was really hoping this was not going to be true. It sounds like this is just a ploy to sell useless pro memberships. I just hope there will be some left at 10 am. This is exactly why I hate gamestop..
Were you not here this past weekend? How can anyone say the Pro membership is useless?

Since they announced this 9am plan, it seems to be a YMMV kind of thing. It seems like verifying that would be an issue, especially with big crowds, as almost no one uses a physical card, and they have to verify by phone. Would they let everyone in, and separate the line in two? It just seems like a bunch of work, but I wouldn't put it past GS to try to milk the situation for a short gain.

In reference to the individual amiibo discussion above, yes, all amiibos are sold individually throughout other regions, but NoA marches alone in regards to most things, so I wouldn't get my hopes up that anything released within a bundle package, is ever going to see the light of day separately until it actually happens.

"N" stands to sale more as a bundle, than alone. And I could very much see them also offering specific pieces at their world store as well. Why they can't offer these through their website so all the US can take part is beyond me.

Were you not here this past weekend? How can anyone say the Pro membership is useless?
Based off the flyer shown, many people were thinking the pro membership was not required to get in at 9.

Pro membership is useless to me because I do not trade in games, and I do not buy used games unless the game is out of print.

Based off the flyer shown, many people were thinking the pro membership was not required to get in at 9.

Pro membership is useless to me because I do not trade in games, and I do not buy used games unless the game is out of print.
Same here. I just flip games to make money. Made $200 profit last weekend and enough points to pay off next years membership.

Ah, problems with reading comprehension then. Understood.
lmao, you got caught. Just man up and admit it rather than trying to save face. There was no way that way true, and you went on a mega rant.. I get that you feel pretty foolish but you're only making yourself look worse now.

So went to my local Best Buy today and noticed about a dozen Dark Pits sitting in customer service. I asked if they were available and the clerk went over, checked, then came back and reported "no, they are all for those that pre-ordered them."

Didnt think they were available for pre-order or online!

Oh and supposedly the Pro membership getting you in an hour early isn't true.  Just spoke with a bunch of gamestops in my area who said they're opening up an hour early, and that this is a chain-wide thing.  The original part about the Pro membership being needed was a miscommunication from corporate and not all stores are caught up on the facts just yet.

They also said the stock is pretty sizeable and that they're not allowed to say the numbers yet (but will be posting them the night before on the store), but that you can probably walk in an hour after opening and still get one.

lmao, you got caught. Just man up and admit it rather than trying to save face. There was no way that way true, and you went on a mega rant.. I get that you feel pretty foolish but you're only making yourself look worse now.
Illiteracy seems to be a huge problem here today.

And just like I never said I believed it, I don't disbelieve it either. I could totally see Nintendo doing some sort of bullshit like this. This is the same fucking store that made you bring in some random CN coin to be allowed to buy an extra amiibo just a week or two ago.

Quit being an ass.

Oh and supposedly the Pro membership getting you in an hour early isn't true. Just spoke with a bunch of gamestops in my area who said they're opening up an hour early, and that this is a chain-wide thing. The original part about the Pro membership being needed was a miscommunication from corporate and not all stores are caught up on the facts just yet.

They also said the stock is pretty sizeable and that they're not allowed to say the numbers yet (but will be posting them the night before on the store), but that you can probably walk in an hour after opening and still get one.
Now this..... this was a stupid thing for anybody to believe. That the stores would open early but only let PUR members make a pre-order? GS has done some stupid shit but they've never refused to sell a pre-order to somebody just because they lacked PUR before.

Gamestop isn't Nintendo. They don't turn away money.

Now who's foolish?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back