Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Davivascaino" post="12873857" timestamp="1439995659"]I really wish nintendo would give as an option to use the amiibo without opening. I don;t open my amiibo for now, so I will be buying the amiiqo for sure.

And no, I will not open my amiibos for now because " they are just 12.99 toys". And yes, you might think it is silly and amiibo should be opened, but it is my call for now, let's not go back on that discussion again[/quote]

This actually seems like a valid use for the device.

Is it true that you can unlock all the Super Mario Maker character skins through the game, without needing the amiibo? Kind of sucks for us that are passionate enough to own all the amiibos.
So letting everybody enjoy them vs those who were lucky enough to track XXX down sucks? Why does their happiness have any negative impact on you whatsoever?

I feel obligated to make a joke about the new *All in 1* Amiibo but I don't want to upset more people who will go on about pirating figures.

Shit, I wish I could pirate myself up a Meta Knight. But I guess my Kirby and 3D will always be alone :cry:
You already stated that you were done talking about this, and yet you continue. If you want to stir the hornet's nest, please do it somewhere else.

I thought the whole point of amiibos was to unlock exclusive content? It works both ways, for the people that spent money on the amiibos it's also unfair. I'm not saying people shouldn't be happy.. jeez.

Not only that, but when you play a user created level, it would be cool to know that that person actually owns a particular amiibo.
You bought a figurine with content of w/e game it was for and vague promises of future use. You can still use them in SMM to unlock them early. I don't know why you would care what some stranger on the internet owns. I really don't see the problem.

You already stated that you were done talking about this, and yet you continue. If you want to stir the hornet's nest, please do it somewhere else.
I said I was done talking about whether Amiiqo is somehow piracy (though, since you mention it, I looked into the Skylander case and it looks like that legally isn't piracy; that app looks like it was shut down because of some patent and/or copyright infringement).

Now I'm done for real :)

I'd love to keep discussing Amiiqo itself, I want to know as much as possible.

Last edited:
There's no problem, you're the one suggesting I don't want others to be happy.
I just don't think it sucks if everyone can use the skins, amiibo or no. Skins aren't a huge deal to me, but to others they are, so it's great if everyone can use them.

I am curious why people think they can be unlocked without amiibo though, isn't a Waluigi amiibo heavily rumored already? And what makes people think they won't come out for Star Fox?

Some people just shouldn't game past ps2 game cube era.

I guess I shouldn't have to pay for the ffxiv expansion since data from the expansion is forced on me to download.

All this unlockables talk got me thinking about animal crossing on the gamecube. I remember playing the game a lot to find and unlock the NES games & it didn't cost me a cent just added a fun aspect to the game. I think if content is on the disc it should be unlockable through gameplay without having to spend another penny on something else to unlock it. Nintendo has no trophy/achievement system which really doesn't give one much reason to delve deeper into their games. The stamp system is a pretty decent attempt but Nintendo needs a unified stamp book to show all the stamps unlocked in each title that is linked to your miiverse account. So far this hasn't gotten too far out of hand but I see it as a test to see if people buy into it or not. Toad amiibo, for example, actually unlocks a lot extra gameplay for treasure tracker so Nintendo execs are probably analyzing the sales numbers like crazy trying to see if this does indeed sell more amiibo with something that was already on the disc but unattainable any other way. Then of course there's the amiibo cards to fall back on as well which would be a cheaper alternative for consumers to unlock content on disc. Having said all this, I can see why they would try it since they are in the business of making $$$ & there's no law against it that I know of whether I agree or not.

Again I come here looking for any potential updates on the Mewtwo amiibo, and again all I find is rcerboss arguing with everybody else.
It's the internet, isn't arguing the cornerstone for it's very existence? For gamers sake (since gamers are a bit more civilized than most, especially nintendo gamers) let's refrain from the term arguing and refer to it as healthy debate.

I am curious why people think they can be unlocked without amiibo though, isn't a Waluigi amiibo heavily rumored already? And what makes people think they won't come out for Star Fox?
It's been stated in multiple interviews, e3 treehouse live, the Japanese website, and I think even a few trailers. They are unlockable without amiibo.

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-splatoon-pit-amiibo-costumes-surface-in-super-mario-maker-306803.phtml

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/07/30/super-mario-maker-will-have-99-unlockable-costumes/

It's been stated in multiple interviews, e3 treehouse live, the Japanese website, and I think even a few trailers. They are unlockable without amiibo.

http://www.destructoid.com/sonic-splatoon-pit-amiibo-costumes-surface-in-super-mario-maker-306803.phtml

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/07/30/super-mario-maker-will-have-99-unlockable-costumes/
And I completely missed it lol. Very glad to hear that though.

Did they ever say what the SSB Mario Amiibo was for? I swear I saw it on some sheet with the compatible amiibo but haven't been able to figure out what it does. Or does it do the the same thing as the classic Mario amiibo?

According to http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/i7YeZxnWhEFX6ST-sLdUBGmLoZivzNP5 it doesn't do the same thing, and it just unlocks another costume. But that makes no sense lol.

And does that mean the giant mushroom can be unlocked? Because that's the one amiibo unlockable I actually want.

Last edited:
It's the internet, isn't arguing the cornerstone for it's very existence?
Yeah, but not always the same person.

For gamers sake (since gamers are a bit more civilized than most, especially nintendo gamers) let's refrain from the term arguing and refer to it as healthy debate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

As for the second part, doing that would be an insult to actual healthy debates.

And I completely missed it lol. Very glad to hear that though.

Did they ever say what the SSB Mario Amiibo was for? I swear I saw it on some sheet with the compatible amiibo but haven't been able to figure out what it does. Or does it do the the same thing as the classic Mario amiibo?

According to http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/games/detail/i7YeZxnWhEFX6ST-sLdUBGmLoZivzNP5 it doesn't do the same thing, and it just unlocks another costume. But that makes no sense lol.

And does that mean the giant mushroom can be unlocked? Because that's the one amiibo unlockable I actually want.
Well, the long answer is: I've seen at least two or three interviews where someone asks specifically if the SSB or SMB amiibo work the same, but the answer is always skirted over with, "Well our Yarn Yoshi amiibo will work like any Yoshi amiibo. Checking the compatibility site will be the best way to determine what works where.".
Short answer: it's still yet to be determined for sure as far as I know.

There's quite a bit of gameplay footage from reviewers coming out these days, most of which I haven't bothered to watch so maybe we'll know soon.

As for the mushroom, I think I remember reading that did need an amiibo to be unlocked unfortunately.

WHAT?? $49,99??? Does this mean it includes the 3ds system? So amazon should keep the price even if it a mistake because of "pre order price guarantee"?

edit, I thinkl they put the wrong picture
Yeah, I noticed that, but description clearly states game, reader and amiibo card. Still $10 less than buying game and reader separately. Not that I wouldn't *mind* the 3ds :)

Those are really shitty numbers if that's true, hopefully the other stores do better.
10-15 of each figure at 5,000+ stores nationwide? How is that shitty? That's probably 3-4 times more stock than previous waves and there is less people who care about them now. What does Nintendo need to do to please people?

Both items have different ASIN#'s too. Ok the first link posted by theemadgamer's ASIN# corresponds to the same (B01307Q84) as on the Amazon Japan website for a Happy Home Designer 3DS console bundle. Could it be a price mistake like the 30th anniversary PS4 Wireless Headset? I preordered that and it appears they are honoring it. In for a preorder just in case. Can always cancel in Sept.

I agree, Nothing. :p
Also: best buy holds pre-orders for 7 days right? (At least, they're supposed to). I see the game is releasing on the 25th, and I'll be on vacation. :/
Gamestop told me they wouldn't hold my retro pre-order (lovely of them...), so I'd like to make sure.

Well, the long answer is: I've seen at least two or three interviews where someone asks specifically if the SSB or SMB amiibo work the same, but the answer is always skirted over with, "Well our Yarn Yoshi amiibo will work like any Yoshi amiibo. Checking the compatibility site will be the best way to determine what works where.".
Short answer: it's still yet to be determined for sure as far as I know.

There's quite a bit of gameplay footage from reviewers coming out these days, most of which I haven't bothered to watch so maybe we'll know soon.

As for the mushroom, I think I remember reading that did need an amiibo to be unlocked unfortunately.
A buddy of mine sent me this link.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv6nmyZGCT8&feature=youtu.be

According to this it looks like it unlocks "modern Mario" :wall: So I guess the new Mario amiibo is the only way to get the Mega mushroom.

And I hope this doesn't mean that the only way to use Luigi/Yoshi is through amiibo....

Last edited:
Both items have different ASIN#'s too. Ok the first link posted by theemadgamer's ASIN# corresponds to the same (B01307Q84) as on the Amazon Japan website for a Happy Home Designer 3DS console bundle. Could it be a price mistake like the 30th anniversary PS4 Wireless Headset? I preordered that and it appears they are honoring it. In for a preorder just in case. Can always cancel in Sept.
Here is the link. You can translate to English in Chrome:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/Animal-Crossing-Happy-Home-Bundle/dp/B01307Q84Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1440013528&sr=8-1&keywords=B01307Q84Q

Preorder link is now unavailable.

The Squid amiibo, I ordered off Amazon USA (last week) came in, today! I paid $20.00 and it had prime free shipping, so I think it was a fair deal even though, I paid around $6.00 above MSRP. At least, I avoided all the hassle of importing and using Tenso, lol. Now, I have to keep an eye out on the import individual packages, of the Retro (R.O.B etc.) and Mii fighter 3 pack, this is gunna be annoying, lol!

[attachment=16657:Amazon Squid Kranekin.PNG]

Imported Dr Mario, Bowser Jr, and Olimar because fuck it. They seemed way cheaper than the previous waves were too import too, barely 19-21$ each.

Was considering the Yarn Yoshi's, but I feel like they will be easy to get, and I'm not even sure if I will take those out of the box. (Seems like it could snag or get dusty easily)

I understand the Classic Mario 30th Anniversary amiibo (brown shirt variant) placeholder is up, but do we know if the blue shirt variant is a retailer exclusive yet?

The Squid amiibo, I ordered off Amazon USA (last week) came in, today! I paid $20.00 and it had prime free shipping, so I think it was a fair deal even though, I paid around $6.00 above MSRP. At least, I avoided all the hassle of importing and using Tenso, lol. Now, I have to keep an eye out on the import individual packages, of the Retro (R.O.B etc.) and Mii fighter 3 pack, this is gunna be annoying, lol!

Amazon Squid Kranekin.PNG
Wow you got that for only $20? The prices for the single squid Amiibo are really high. You got a great deal there. I knew I should have tried to preorder it.

Imported Dr Mario, Bowser Jr, and Olimar because fuck it. They seemed way cheaper than the previous waves were too import too, barely 19-21$ each.

Was considering the Yarn Yoshi's, but I feel like they will be easy to get, and I'm not even sure if I will take those out of the box. (Seems like it could snag or get dusty easily)
You probably don't need to import anything anymore. Dark Pit, Palutena, and the Retro 3-Pack all proved that amiibo likely won't be difficult to get going forward.

You probably don't need to import anything anymore. Dark Pit, Palutena, and the Retro 3-Pack all proved that amiibo likely won't be difficult to get going forward.
Only a couple dollars more to avoid the hassle and be mostly done ahead of time. Especially if TRU is getting an exclusive, I don't plan to go there again.

Only have to worry about the 2 8Bit Mario amiibos now for September

Only a couple dollars more to avoid the hassle and be mostly done ahead of time. Especially if TRU is getting an exclusive, I don't plan to go there again.

Only have to worry about the 2 8Bit Mario amiibos now for September
I'm honestly thinking of importing some of the future Amiibos, not because they to find but because these fucking shitheads can't pack for shit.

BTW, has there been any word on a Lucina and/or Robin reprint?

Are Best Buy stores getting any more Dark Pits?
I asked & checked dark pit yesterday and the answer is "NO". I'll be like meta knight. It show up whenever it show up. No bestbuy stores in missouri or kansas region get any new shipment in the computer.

Possible we will see new small shipment around december or early 2016!

Just a follow up....
I received my replacement Dark Pit from Best Buy and I have to admit they've done an outstanding packaging job.

This is how they should be packaging all of them.
First of all, the box is much thicker and better quality than the original one.

The Amiibo is laid down on the bottom with a piece of deflated air pillow wrapped around it and an inflated air pillow on the card, holding it firmly in place. Then two more air pillows on top.

It arrived in perfect shape. Kudos to Best Buy for doing this.
Here are some pics...

DarkPitAmiibo_BestPacking-01.jpg

DarkPitAmiibo_BestPacking-02.jpg

DarkPitAmiibo_BestPacking-03.jpg

Compared to the first packaging job by Best Buy. What an improvement!

Damaged-Amiibo_Dark_Pit_2-01.jpg

Damaged-Amiibo_Dark_Pit_2-02.jpg

The Sept 11th date was chosen because it's the Friday closest to Sunday, Sept 13th, which is the 30th anniversary of the release of Super Mario Bros in Japan.

http://wiiudaily.com/2015/06/super-mario-maker-release-date-comments/

The irony here is that only a few years ago, Nintendo used to release games on Sunday. But they switched to Friday, probably to give gamers the entire weekend to enjoy their newly-bought game (or maybe not to upset people who observe the Sabbath).
No it's so they can have a worldwide release. North America is the only region that has media (movies, music, & games) come out on a Tuesday. Everywhere else is on Fridays.

The reason Nintendo used to do Sunday's instead was so their stuff would be on the front of the big store fliers that are stuffed in the Sunday papers. This is why Skylanders & Disney Infinity keep the Sunday date.

I found a NIB Jigglypuff at Discount 70 in Minneapolis over the weekend for $3.99. That was totally unexpected and odd. I bought it of course, hopefully to trade for a different amiibo I don't have yet. 

Well, page monitor payed off once again... Was able to pre-order 8bit Mario amiibo classic color in amazon.de few minutes ago. Now I have both 8bits versions secured! 

Just a follow up....
I received my replacement Dark Pit from Best Buy and I have to admit they've done an outstanding packaging job.

This is how they should be packaging all of them.
First of all, the box is much thicker and better quality than the original one.

The Amiibo is laid down on the bottom with a piece of deflated air pillow wrapped around it and an inflated air pillow on the card, holding it firmly in place. Then two more air pillows on top.

It arrived in perfect shape. Kudos to Best Buy for doing this.
Here are some pics...

Compared to the first packaging job by Best Buy. What an improvement!
Congrats man. I'm amazed that some people were able to get a replacement while BBY just told me that I could return it to a store... or return it online.

No it's so they can have a worldwide release. North America is the only region that has media (movies, music, & games) come out on a Tuesday. Everywhere else is on Fridays.

The reason Nintendo used to do Sunday's instead was so their stuff would be on the front of the big store fliers that are stuffed in the Sunday papers. This is why Skylanders & Disney Infinity keep the Sunday date.
That's recently changed, at least for music. Same day now.

Well, page monitor payed off once again... Was able to pre-order 8bit Mario amiibo classic color in amazon.de few minutes ago. Now I have both 8bits versions secured!
Mii fighters were up as well on Amazon.de. Finally got a preorder in for those three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back