Status
Not open for further replies.

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
**DO NOT POST TRADES HERE** Please use the amiibo Master Trade Thread
amiibo.gif

GOOGLE DOC WITH PRODUCT INFO (SKUs, Target DCPIs, etc)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOZKhVW1S25GDETsqinf0Qzl1trbKcw2wT2swfcTAfE/edit#gid=0
(via redddit)

Retailers

Amazon
amazon.com

Toys R Us
Toysrus.com

Best Buy - 20% off with Gamers Club Unlocked Membership
[background=#202229]bestbuy.com[/background]

Target | 5% off and Free Shipping with REDcard
Target.com       In-store inventory tracker: http://brickseek.com/

Gamestop - Use promo code SAVER at checkout for free shipping over $25
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibo,28zu0

Walmart
walmart.com

Other retailers:
goHastings | goHastings.com
FYE | fye.com | Store Locator
Meijer | In-store only. Stores in MI, IL, IN, and OH | Store Locatorhttp://www.meijer.com/custserv/store_locator.jsp
Fred Meyer | In-store | Store Locator
Nintendo World Store (New York City) | In-store only

Currently Available:
Wave 1 [Released Nov 2014]
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor

Wave 2 [Released Dec 2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon

Wave 3 [Released Jan/Feb 2015]
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
Mega Man
Sonic
King Dedede
Ike
Lucario (TRU Exclusive at launch now available elsewhere)
Rosalina (Target Exclsuive for now)
Shulk (Gamestop Exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)

Super Mario Series [Released March 2015]
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Toad
Silver Mario
*Gold Mario | exclusive to Walmart LINK

Wave 4 Super Smash Bros. Series [May 29th, 2015]
PacMan
Charizard
Wario
Robin
Lucina
Ness (Gamestop exclusive fo now)
Greninja (Toys R Us exclusive at launch, now available elsewhere)
Jigglypuff (Target exclusive for now)

Splatoon Series [May 29th 2015]
Splatoon 3-Pack (Boy, Girl, Squid)
Splatoon Boy
Splatoon Girl

Wave 5 Super Smash Bros. Series [July/September 2015]
Dark Pit - Best Buy Exclusive for now
Palutena - Amazon Exclusive for now
Bowser Jr.
Gannondorf
Zero Suit Samus

Olimar
Dr. Mario

30th Anniversary Mario [September 2015]
Classic Color
Modern Color (in North America, only available in Walmart console bundle at launch).

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Cards [September 2015]
http://animal-crossing.com/amiibo-cards/

Chibo-Robo [October 2015]
(Figure exclusive to Chibi-Robo Zip-Lash bundle for 3DS)

Upcoming
Yoshi's Wooly World [Oct 16th, 2015]
Yoshi (Green, Pink, Blue, Giant Green)

Falco, Mewtwo [2015]
Shovel Night [2016]
---
amiibo Feature: amiibo Tap
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25367]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25372]
Unlock 3-minute segments of classic Nintendo games with your amiibo and the amiibo Tap free download released April 30th, 2015.

Confirmed Games:
Nintendo Entertainment System
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
  • Kirby’s Adventure
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Metroid
  • Yoshi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Punchout!!
  • Mach Rider
  • Excitebike
  • Ice Climbers
  • Kid Icarus
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Balloon Fight
  • Wrecking Crew
  • Pinball
  • Clu Clu Land
  • Wario’s Woods
Super Nintendo
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario Kart
  • F-Zero
  • Kirby’s Dreamland 3
  • Kirby’s Super Star
  • Kirby’s Dream Course
  • Super Metroid
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Last edited by a moderator:
No other countries got the option for bundle or single of Chibi-Robo.... While here in NA were once again given the buy the bundle or wait in fear that the amiibo will not come out individually.... Like SMS Mario, Green Wholly Yoshi, Modern Mario, and now Chibi-Robo
Well... didn't know about that. Great.

And let me guess, the bundle is sold out everywhere already?

While here in NA were once again given the buy the bundle or wait in fear that the amiibo will not come out individually.... Like SMS Mario, Green Wholly Yoshi, Modern Mario, and now Chibi-Robo
Except...it's already confirmed to be exclusively in the bundle unlike SMB Mario, Green Woolly Yoshi, & Modern Mario (all of which have been said to be "exclusively available in the bundle at launch").

Good luck to those attempting to obtain the elusive perfect 400 Card AC set.

That is where i draw the line personally.

im not looking to search for endless trades just to have a complete set.

Unless they sell a boxed set with each card, its going to be tough to get every card (especially the "legendaries") without running into constant doubles. 

Also for those who don't know, nintendo has released cards exclusive to retailers as well, in japan so far. 

Theres an isabelle card exclusive to a magazine. As well as DLC for the cards (you can load the data to any card you choose) exclusive to 7/11.

I can easily see this happening in the U.S as well. 

Trying to get all 400 doesn't seem like it'll be worth it. Unless some of you here on CAG want to group up and trade amongst each other. It might make things a little easier.

im not looking to search for endless trades just to have complete a set.
Unless they sell a boxed set with each card, its going to be tough to get every card (especially the "legendaries") without running into constant doubles.

Also for those who don't know, nintendo has released cards exclusive to retailers as well, in japan so far.
Theres an isabelle card exclusive to a magazine. As well as DLC for the cards (you can load the data to any card you choose) exclusive to 7/11.
Hmm that 7/11 DLC thing sounds interesting, I sometimes forget these are still amiibo that can be written onto, also that Isabelle variant isn't part of the 400, so you could still complete the sets without those.

Trying to get all 400 doesn't seem like it'll be worth it. Unless some of you here on CAG want to group up and trade amongst each other. It might make things a little easier.
That sounds great, it would be waaaaay cheaper that way, making ever dollar count by trading duplicates for missing ones and not be wasted on buying more and more packs to get missing cards. Could prob be possible to get all 400 for 400$ if lots of people participate! And not like 600-700 just buying packs over and over.

Well... didn't know about that. Great.

And let me guess, the bundle is sold out everywhere already?
Nope just chochochoose your location Walmart and Gamestop both are still available.. Best Buy hasn't went up yet (what's up with that anyway???) and Target, who knows

I finally found a Ganondorf at an out of the way Wal-Mart, so I canceled my Walmart.com order. This was the first and last time I order Amiibo through their website.

Nah, thanks bro! You kind of sound like one of those little kids/tweens from Reddit who say "free the amiibo" because, someone has a NIB collection instead, of a OoB collection. I already have the characters I like/use out of the box so, yeah. I mean, it's my money I can do whatever I want with it so there's that, maybe if you would have bought them for me, I would've opened all of them up lol. I don't think I'm going to collect those SKYamiibo or AC cards, TBH. I'm also going to add the individual (from Europe) and bundle packs (Retro and mii characters) to the collection, once they're out, I'm that dedicated to "new in box", lol. Also, OoB collections are too main-stream for my taste and it seems way more effortless than a NA+"NiB" collection.
Just jokes and congrats on having full set. No cards or AC amiibo for me. Dialing back this wave of Infinity (all SW and Marvel) and not buying all of the Superchargers. Really no sales this wave which will be a first.

Nope just chochochoose your location Walmart and Gamestop both are still available.. Best Buy hasn't went up yet (what's up with that anyway???) and Target, who knows
Cool. Not my favorite stores, but guess I'll place an order.

I finally found a Ganondorf at an out of the way Wal-Mart, so I canceled my Walmart.com order. This was the first and last time I order Amiibo through their website.
Yeah, what's up with that... my ZSS and Olimar have been sitting in processing forever.

im not looking to search for endless trades just to have a complete set.

I could see an exclusive card inserted in retailer exclusive packs ala the Infinity gold packs from TRU a few years back... But that's about it. Nintendo does magazine/convenience store/food/drink exclusives all the time in JP, while we almost never see that here. There may well be exclusives, but it won't be on the same scale.

Just walked out of target. They have all of these plus Olimar. Plenty of each.
I went to Target in the Cincinnati area last night and happened to see they had a few of everyone and one 8-bit Mario. I already had it but thought it would make a good gift. My Best Buy was full of everyone but Mario.

I'd be up for that since it seems like trading duplicates is the way to go with these.

The only reason I am even considering getting a complete set is because I've been a huge AC nut ever since the original came out on Gamecube, and am a collector by nature (for better or worse). I figure I'll start with a couple packs to see the quality of the cards, and go from there.

I'd be all for a CAG trading group for the cards as well. Not sure if I'm going to collect them all anymore...but, I will buy at least 10 packs. Go from there. I want to get my favorite villagers at the very least, so I'll definitely need to trade.

I am having a hard time convincing myself to get Chibi Robo. It would be the first amiibo I don't buy.

I just, the game looks okay but essentially it'd be 40 dollars for an amiibo. I'd never buy the game if it didn't have one.

Ugh.
Buying it just because it's the only amiibo you have isn't a good enough reason. There's going to be a lot more amiibo that you won't want to spend money on. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I will only buy the Animal Crossing cards if i can get an entire sealed booster box of them at once.  Last month I watched a youtube video with a guy who opened up one carton of JP series 1 booster packs and he got the complete set of 100.  He got 150 cards total I believe.   So that would make it 25 packs to a carton (and $150 retail) I suppose? 

Just like any sort of blind boxed figures or cards you are best off buying one entire box if you are going for the set.   That way you give yourself access to all the chases/rares contained in one box and you minimize your duplicates (as much as one can).  If you're going for a full set it's a really bad idea to be buying single packs at a time. 

I'm waiting for a retailer that allows us to buy in quantities of 25, or has a listing of a sealed booster box.  If that doesn't happen, well then, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass.  You'd even pay a lot less by buying a complete set off of Ebay, than individual packs.  That's plan B.

Just walked out of target. They have all of these plus Olimar. Plenty of each.
I went to Target in the Cincinnati area last night and happened to see they had a few of everyone and one 8-bit Mario. I already had it but thought it would make a good gift. My Best Buy was full of everyone but Mario.
Figures my area would suck. Outside of the SMB series (which nobody seems to want), they only had two damaged Dr Marios.

Figures my area would suck. Outside of the SMB series (which nobody seems to want), they only had two damaged Dr Marios.
Not just your Target. Mine hasn't gotten any of the new wave in since launch. I'll be returning an extra Olimar and ZSS today though so that should make someone's day when they suddenly see them in stock.

I could see an exclusive card inserted in retailer exclusive packs ala the Infinity gold packs from TRU a few years back... But that's about it. Nintendo does magazine/convenience store/food/drink exclusives all the time in JP, while we almost never see that here. There may well be exclusives, but it won't be on the same scale.
Yea that's kind of what i was referring to.

Im sure we wont see a magazine exclusive.

But being in the U.S. we will definitely see a retailer exclusive of some kind, since it has already been established in Japan.

How exactly does one acquire a sealed box of cards? I highly doubt retail stores will sell boxes... I'm assuming Amazon or a card shop would be the best bet.

I ordered 2 Dr. Mario's from Target early last week. The package kept being rerouted around the states around me but never actually being delivered. I requested a refund since I didn't think it'll get here (after 10+ days). It finally was delivered yesterday. Called Target to request a way to return it and not be given another refund. Just morally I wouldn't want to double dip. The CS told me to keep it and have a nice day.

Guess I'll sell them for cost on CL or something.

Just stopped by a local target, looked like the did have a restock of the new wave, was able to pickup what walmart has stuck in processing

So I'll throw up a start list for an AC amiibo card Trade group. Just till the game comes out. Then we can either make a trading thread or take all trades to the Nintendo 3DS forum here on CAG in the AC Happy Home Designer thread. If you want to be added to the list just post up. Curious how many are interested in this.

Explicit
domoniccc
Josef
DetectiveConanA113
nintendospy
redraid8
Taren Fox

Got_Wii

sabanoo

Does anyone know how reliable brick seek is..I check out brick seek and it tells me that there are a few targets in my area that have PLENTY of Wave 5B stock, but when I call them they say they never received their shipment..very confusing

I ordered 2 Dr. Mario's from Target early last week. The package kept being rerouted around the states around me but never actually being delivered. I requested a refund since I didn't think it'll get here (after 10+ days). It finally was delivered yesterday. Called Target to request a way to return it and not be given another refund. Just morally I wouldn't want to double dip. The CS told me to keep it and have a nice day.

Guess I'll sell them for cost on CL or something.
I've been waiting for over two weeks for my Jigglypuff and Silver Mario to arrive. I'm going to email them about a refund. I'll post how it goes.

At target in our price change list for Monday it show the yarn Yoshi amiibo changing from 12.99 to 16.99 in the system. Individual DPCIs for all 3 colors are listed.
207034006 (green)
207034007 (pink)
207034008 (blue)

Good luck everyone who's going to try to get all the AC cards. I'll grab a few packs of them, but there's way too many for me to want to try to get them all.

Here's the list so far for the AC amiibo card Trade group. Here's a link to the AC Happy Home Designer thread here on CAG. If you want to be added to the list just post up. Not even sure if I can make a master trade thread for the cards. Hmm I'll have to check...

Explicit
domoniccc
Josef
DetectiveConanA113
nintendospy
redraid8
Taren Fox

Got_Wii

sabanoo

blackwaltz34

burnalivetolive