amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucked out and nabbed a sole Timmy/Tommy from Amazon Warehouse for $5 and it came in perfectly, now I just need that Summer Isabelle and I'm finally done with the god forsaken Animal Crossing line. Then onto the SMB and Zelda sets....

Walmart has SSB Ryu for $8.12 (free store pickup) if anyone's interested
I remember a time right about before the breath of the wild figures hit when amiibo were plentiful on walmart shelves...they couldn't give them away... and that same ryu was about $3.

If for whatever reason you missed out multiple times when it reopened for preorder on BB.com, it is possible to reserve a Metroid 2-pack right now if there's one available instore near you.

I just clicked "check stores" and it gave me the option to pay online to reserve one.

toys r us seems to have the metroid 2 pack available for shipping and pickup at most stores near me.
Much obliged. I was able to secure an order for pickup at a Toys R Us that will be on my travel route later this evening. Not exactly my first choice, but the Target I stopped by at earlier this morning, as well as the Best Buy that I visited when they opened, were both out. It sounded like they got very little in the way of stock. And the two Toys R Us stores that I usually go to were also out. This one seems to be pretty popular.

Also, I was getting more than a little tired of waiting on Amazon.

What's the pre-order hold policy of gamestop? I won't be able to pick up my metroid amiibo preorder until Sunday. I don't want to miss out on it.

The new Metroid Amiibo are pretty great.  I expected the Metroid to be nice, but Samus is really cool - lots more detail than the previous one, and she is significantly bigger.  The game is also really cool, it plays better than I expected.

I just got my Metroid 2 pack delivered from Best Buy. It's in great shape. The metroid amiibo is much bigger than I expected it to be.
I think they look dope as hell- $30 for Amiibo seems like a lot, especially since so many of the ones I bought ended up on sale for $5 or less. I'm wondering if the same will happen to these.

I'm wondering if the same will happen to these.
It's hard to say. Metroid has a rabid and devoted fan-base. But it also has a small fan-base. For as well-regarded as the series is, it has never been as popular or had as strong sales as most of their other mainstays. No Metroid title has ever sold as much as even the most modest Mario Kart entry. And the series has always been notoriously unpopular in Japan. Samus has just never seemed to catch on in Nintendo's home country, not exactly sure why.

So there will be small but vocal contingent of fans who are going to go after these amiibo HARD. Expect the early runs to sell out. But these things aren't store exclusive, so they will likely get additional print runs. Once the hardcore Metroid fans are satisfied, it is likely that the rest of the stock will sit on shelves. It all depends on whether or not that satisfaction point is reached before or after Nintendo cuts off production.

Of course, you can expect demand to spike again whenever Metroid Prime 4 lands. By that point, the Switch will have an even larger install base, so I would expect the rush on Metroid-themed amiibo to be huge for Prime 4. I would definitely try to pick this set up before that point.

It's hard to say. Metroid has a rabid and devoted fan-base. But it also has a small fan-base. For as well-regarded as the series is, it has never been as popular or had as strong sales as most of their other mainstays. No Metroid title has ever sold as much as even the most modest Mario Kart entry. And the series has always been notoriously unpopular in Japan. Samus has just never seemed to catch on in Nintendo's home country, not exactly sure why.

So there will be small but vocal contingent of fans who are going to go after these amiibo HARD. Expect the early runs to sell out. But these things aren't store exclusive, so they will likely get additional print runs. Once the hardcore Metroid fans are satisfied, it is likely that the rest of the stock will sit on shelves. It all depends on whether or not that satisfaction point is reached before or after Nintendo cuts off production.

Of course, you can expect demand to spike again whenever Metroid Prime 4 lands. By that point, the Switch will have an even larger install base, so I would expect the rush on Metroid-themed amiibo to be huge for Prime 4. I would definitely try to pick this set up before that point.
When is Metroid 4 scheduled to be released? I haven't even heard it officially announced yet.

For those wondering, that is actually retail price. GCU would be $51.16.
If Gamestop ever offers a bundle of new items below MSRP, stay inside and lock your windows. The end times have come.

(Also for what it's worth, this is technically even more expensive than MSRP. By 3 cents! :nottalking: )

When is Metroid 4 scheduled to be released? I haven't even heard it officially announced yet.
Oh, we have no release date. In fact, all we really have is a teaser trailer. And not one particularly rich in detail, either.

All the same, Nintendo does not make announcements like this one for games that they don't intend to follow through on. So Metroid Prime 4 is happening. It will be on the Switch. And given the Switch's current trajectory, it will most likely be pretty popular here in the West. (where the Metroid series has been considerably more successful) The Prime spin-off series was very popular here in the U.S., so the fourth instalment is likely to sell.

And as we saw with the popularity of Zelda, a critically and commercially successful title can drive sales of amiibo figures. This includes already existing figures, so long as they tie into the game in question. The two recent Metroid-themed amiibo are the first of their kind. All other Metroid-related amiibo have been part of the Smash Brothers line. So these two in particular will see their demand skyrocket when Metroid Prime 4 releases. (whenever that may eventually be, could be a while) If you want to get these as cheaply as possible, you can hope for decent restocks, and then buy after the release date for Metroid Prime 4 has been announced. Just be sure that you don't wait until after the release date has come and gone. Once Prime 4 is on store shelves, it will be too late.

So, am I pretty much screwed out of payijg retail for a Zero Suit Samus? I knew I should have driven to my local TRU the day they announced Amiibo functionality...

Anyone have any ideas on the metroid 2 pack? Due to credit card fraud and retailer idiocy, I've now had all 3 of my orders cancelled. This is really frustrating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anyone have any ideas on the metroid 2 pack? Due to credit card fraud and retailer idiocy, I've now had all 3 of my orders cancelled. This is really frustrating.
I have seen some still at my local meijer store. Of course that is ymmv as they are mostly a midwest store.

I have seen some still at my local meijer store. Of course that is ymmv as they are mostly a midwest store.
Yeah, I'm west coast, so that's not an option for me. It looks like Frys still has them in store, but the only one in this state doesn't, of course. :/

"
I still don't understand how no one thought Super Wii was a good idea, Super Switch sounds good too..."

I'm with ya big guy, Super Wii, Wii 2, etc. would have been wayyy better than Wii U.

In the US, are Daruk, Mipha, Revali and Urbosa being released individually and as the 4 pack?
They're listed individually on the BestBuy website, but pre-orders haven't opened for them yet.

The way the listing on Gamestop is worded, I believe you're buying all 4 individual figures and NOT a set of 4 in one package.

Final Edit: Here's the listing on Amazon.DE for the 4 pack: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B075MND5D2/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1505701693&sr=1-2&keywords=zelda+amiibo

The 4 pack is not listed on amazon.co.jp amazon.co.uk amazon.es or amazon.com that I can find. They do have the individual figures listed on each of those different amazon sites though. 

Too late to get a metroid double pack at msrp? Scalpers selling them for 40 bucks on eBay. Like, why? After tax, shipping, fees, etc you're breaking even. It's so dumb... End rant...

Too late to get a metroid double pack at msrp? Scalpers selling them for 40 bucks on eBay. Like, why? After tax, shipping, fees, etc you're breaking even. It's so dumb... End rant...
My guess would be that people that are legitimately scalper/resellers do all of their purchases with credit cards with a favorable cashback option, so they're playing all the angles.

They have 30 days to sell their product risk-free, and each sale they make bolsters their ebay ratings.

Plus, it puts together a record for taxes... many of the sorts of people that run this kind of side-hustle are dealing with lots of cash-only transactions, so having actual records and money on the books helps for tax purposes.

There was 8% ebay bucks for sellers and buyers these past few days.  That gives you a little more wiggle room to make money at $40 if you count ebay bucks as cash. 

8% back in Ebay bucks essentially makes the fees $2.  Possibly you could get away with $4 shipping if the Metroid Amiibo in a box is 16 ounces or under so it can be shipped via 1st class Package USPS.  

That's $34.  If you bought at Best Buy with GCU it would have probably cost you a little under $26 after tax or a $8 profit which is good profit.   I mean if you're always buying sht and making $8 off every  $26 you put  then that's good.  

Don't get me wrong though I wouldn't go out of my way to make $8 and wouldn't list it at $40 either.  IT's too low.  That's barely about list price plus tax.  Maybe the reseller got it a deal on it.  Or wants to convert gift cards to cash.

bread's done
Back