amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The info you provided isn't really good for CAGs looking to procure amiibo. Your recent posts have had no deal info for CAGs looking for amiibo. I come here looking for amiibo deals, like most CAGs.

I really don't understand why you've become so offended with a simple reminder that this is a deals thread...
Shhh, everyone is crazy but him, remember?

Listen, we all have to accept collecting these toys is a bit silly for what it is. But a hobby is a hobby.

That said, buying and selling them for a profit, and then bragging on a forum to a group of clearly uninterested people about it? That's not a hobby, that's just some sort of fetish. I think you need help.

The info you provided isn't really good for CAGs looking to procure amiibo. Your recent posts have had no deal info for CAGs looking for amiibo. I come here looking for amiibo deals, like most CAGs.

I really don't understand why you've become so offended with a simple reminder that this is a deals thread..
lol Again you're the one butthurt over me posting what I sold Amiibo for. I actually posted information that is useful to anyone wanting to dump Amiibo. You did not. YOu don't have to be interested. You don't have to consider it to be a deal.

You're free to not partake. No need to be butthurt about it.

Listen, we all have to accept collecting these toys is a bit silly for what it is. But a hobby is a hobby.

That said, buying and selling them for a profit, and then bragging on a forum to a group of clearly uninterested people about it? That's not a hobby, that's just some sort of fetish. I think you need help.
IT's not bragging. It's reporting. IT's useful information for anyone that, like me, sells some old Amiibo from time to time, to pay for new Amiibo and games. ON top of it I saw another (recent) post expressing some interest in selling their old Amiibo.

YOu might need some help with your premature ejaculation.

Again you're the one butthurt over me posting what I sold Amiibo for
Another thing you keep repeating

Care to point out where I take issue with your action of selling amiibo, or more specifically, the amount?

Cuz I (and at least some others) don't give a fuck what you do in your spare time.

Posting useless info here doesn't make us care any more. Sorry bud

I took issue with that redundant and irrelevant post. A deal that's a one-time event is now dead. Posting about a dead deal in a deal thread is kinda useless.

Glhf

Another thing you keep repeating

Care to point out where I take issue with your action of selling amiibo, or more specifically, the amount?

Cuz I (and at least some others) don't give a fuck what you do in your spare time.

Posting useless info here doesn't make us care any more. Sorry bud

I took issue with that redundant and irrelevant post. A deal that's a one-time event is now dead. Posting about a dead deal in a deal thread is kinda useless.

Glhf
Of course I keep repeating it. YOu are still butthurt over me posting what I sold my Amiibo for. My second post wasn't redundant. You just can't read probably because you aren't interested. I don't care if you aren't interested. MOve along then.

IT's not a dead deal. Those are the going rates. In some cases prices are even higher.

Ha. As I thought, you've got nothing to back your argument. 

Sorry to have made you so upset that the thread became even more cluttered with your posts.

Found Gold Mario at a local shop for 12 bucks... Regret not getting Silver Mario years ago now

I believe the goomba and koopa are for Mario + Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions 3DS game that comes out Friday, not Odyssey.

Copy that, my koopa just shipped too.
Idk why I hesitate on these stupid things still... Goomba and KT are sold out on BB. Deciding whether to keep my Walmart pre order because I really want that GCU discount.

Idk why I hesitate on these stupid things still... Goomba and KT are sold out on BB. Deciding whether to keep my Walmart pre order because I really want that GCU discount.
Pick up your Wally preorder and return it within 30 days if you can't pick them up in store at BB. I would think you could just walk up and buy when they release on 10/6.

Amiibo flash sale at Toys r us. Picked up all the remaining AC amiibo I needed and a Kirby from the Kirby collection to finish that one off too. Just need DK and Diddy from the Mario collection (waiting for good price dips), Poochy and the JP only amiibo now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I just picked up Waddle Dee a couple of weeks ago so I'll buy this one and return the other one at full price. Picked up Diddy Kong and Kirby as well.

Amiibo flash sale at Toys r us. Picked up all the remaining AC amiibo I needed and a Kirby from the Kirby collection to finish that one off too. Just need DK and Diddy from the Mario collection (waiting for good price dips), Poochy and the JP only amiibo now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I add Samus to my cart the price goes up to $7.79 from $6.49, weird...

Edit, Update: Cleared browser history then retried and it worked.

Flash sale ended, but now sign says extended to 6pm et.  Yet takes you to page that says sale ended.  TRU needs to make up their minds.

Made an order for KT and Goomba at Walmart for 27. They went back up at BB and with in store pick up it comes out to 19. I leave the country in a few hours and get back Wednesday. It's also the last day they'll hold the item for me so I'll pick them up then, and return the Walmart order as soon as I can.

Last edited:
My total from B.B. for G and KT was $22.34. I assume these have functionality for M and L Superstar Saga?
At checkout the site will offer to switch the items from shipping to in-store pickup for $1 off each item when selecting your shipping method. And yes, the back of the box confirms their functionality

Only about 50% of our stock went to preorders for Goomba/Koopa Troopa today. No one was really rushing in to grab the rest when we opened.

Crap I forgot about Switch the items from shipping to in store pick up. These are in store pick up anyway but I have to remember to take this extra step.

So what's the verdict? Can I stroll in and grab Koopa and Goomba tomorrow? I really don't want to have them shipped, but that seemed to be the only option at Gamestop (which is my first choice since I have credit there, but will go elsewhere if needed).

A bunch of GameStops around me have extra Koopas and Goombas. If you want to buy them in store but don't have a GameStop near you that has them, you can always have your store call a GameStop that has them and ship them to your store for you to buy

Basically all my Best Buys seem to have atleast a couple in stock of both. Probably gonna grab them tomorrow and not risk them going rare somehow

Koopas and Goombas are the most plentiful and redundant characters in the mushroom kingdom, yet people here are all worried it going rare like the zelda characters.  Good job nintendo.

Koopas and Goombas are the most plentiful and redundant characters in the mushroom kingdom, yet people here are all worried it going rare like the zelda characters. Good job nintendo.
Considering they managed to turn a fucking unnamed Goblin character from Zelda rare, yeah.......

With Odyssey coming out, I bet there will be more. Besides, Nintendo has overprinted all of the other Mario series amiibo historically.
I'm sure you're right... My post was more of a wink to the SNES-C crowd, which is the other major thread I'm in (and I'm sure most are at least somewhat following as well).

Quick question: have any of you ever had any luck with changing your payment method for Best Buy preorders? I had to get a new credit card thanks to Gamestop's data breach, but that didn't happen until after I placed an order for a few of the new amiibos that are coming out. Luckily most of the items I ordered are still in stock, so I can cancel and reorder those with my new card if necessary, but the Mipha amiibo isn't. I wasn't sure if actually calling them would work, or if I'd just get shot down (not to mention I hate calling customer service hotlines, but then again, who doesn't?).

Quick question: have any of you ever had any luck with changing your payment method for Best Buy preorders? I had to get a new credit card thanks to Gamestop's data breach, but that didn't happen until after I placed an order for a few of the new amiibos that are coming out. Luckily most of the items I ordered are still in stock, so I can cancel and reorder those with my new card if necessary, but the Mipha amiibo isn't. I wasn't sure if actually calling them would work, or if I'd just get shot down (not to mention I hate calling customer service hotlines, but then again, who doesn't?).
Only successful, somewhat hassle free way I did this was a few days before shipping my stuff, they do an authorization charge. I get an email that says I have 24 hours to fix the payment, and I update the card then.

I've successfully changed credit card on a pre-order for Zelda champions amiibos at BB. I called and they marked my old payment as unauthorized and added the new payment method. To be clear, the order # stayed the same. Since the amiibos are not out yet I can't say whether my preorder went to the back of the line, but I did this a month ago and the order is still alive.

bread's done
Back