CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odUjMhc6YgU

NINTENDO OFFICIAL SITE

BEST BUY QUALIFIES GCU

Amazon

Gamestop

I guess it's not bad with GCU.  Nintendo toys/figures are usually around this price point anyway.

Amiibo_Group.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course they abandon products when they're unpopular...why wouldn't they? Any business worth it's salt won't throw money into a product that's not working out. See also: Xbox LIVE Vision Camera, Playstation Move, Onlive, etc etc etc.

That said, there is no way in hell Amiibos won't be popular and won't be supported on the Wii U/3DS in the long term. They're not trying out some experimental tech and hoping everyone buys into how revolutionary it is; they're ripping off Skylanders with Nintendo franchises and tying it to their biggest 2014/15 releases. The market is there; they have three solid years of research to prove it. Skylanders is pretty much ersatz Pokemon anyway...imagine the bank Nintendo will make off of Pokemon Amiibos.
I think you're making some big assumptions here. The "new" 3DS supports it but not the entire current install base. There aren't many Wii U's out there. Sure it could be successful, I never said it wouldn't be. I'm simply pointing out that unless you're a collector you might want to think twice about it.

Speaking as someone that owned a Super Scope.

Nintendo could single handedly bring back their company and make billions if they began making Pokemon and Yugi Oh versions of this. 

Holy shit if they actually did with the portals,

I think you're making some big assumptions here. The "new" 3DS supports it but not the entire current install base. There aren't many Wii U's out there. Sure it could be successful, I never said it wouldn't be. I'm simply pointing out that unless you're a collector you might want to think twice about it.

Speaking as someone that owned a Super Scope.
Actually, they are making a pad to use with the current 3DS as well.

Nintendo could single handedly bring back their company and make billions if they began making Pokemon and Yugi Oh versions of this.

Holy shit if they actually did with the portals,
This... except YuGiOh is not a nintendo product, it's Konami. Something like Mario Party/Mario Kart would also benefit as it could potentially unlock new selectable characters.. but the Pokemon thing, Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine.

This... except YuGiOh is not a nintendo product, it's Konami. Something like Mario Party/Mario Kart would also benefit as it could potentially unlock new selectable characters.. but the Pokemon thing, Nintendo is sitting on a gold mine.
Collect them all @$10 each. Yep.

The problem is the only pokemon that are useful are those bred with 5-6 perfect iv's and the proper nature and ability anything else is useless to the hardcore so that if these pokemon unlocked random characters in the game they wouldn't be considered very useful and therefore the hardcore wouldn't buy it. Usually when I get an event pokemon it is not useful since you would have to spend hours resetting for perfect iv's which is a small chance and you could probably breed a useful pokemon in less than 30 min with Pokemon x/y. I spent about a half hour resetting for the latest event and only got one perfect IV.

[quote name="SaraAB" post="12061884" timestamp="1409761179"]The problem is the only pokemon that are useful are those bred with 5-6 perfect iv's and the proper nature and ability anything else is useless to the hardcore so that if these pokemon unlocked random characters in the game they wouldn't be considered very useful and therefore the hardcore wouldn't buy it. Usually when I get an event pokemon it is not useful since you would have to spend hours resetting for perfect iv's which is a small chance and you could probably breed a useful pokemon in less than 30 min with Pokemon x/y. I spent about a half hour resetting for the latest event and only got one perfect IV.[/quote]

You sound like me 11 years ago. It was madness.

[quote name="MetalSlugger" post="12062510" timestamp="1409774488"]You sound like me 11 years ago. It was madness.[/quote]

I have been like this for more than 11 years.. With my box of ditto all perfect IV 's one for every nature I can breed anything I want in 30 min to an hour tops now.

And yes I plan on preordering the pikachu figure.

My thread on BBU just got official confirmation: GCU limit is three per character since they're different SKUs. Awesome news; will see if I can preorder instore tomorrow.

I can't seem to remember Soccer Moms battling each other in Wii Fit. Do you have a video? I would like to see that.
Characters don't appear in Smash Bros. based on their fighting ability.

I mean, I don't recall Villager battling many folks in Animal Crossing.

And where the hell are there Soccer Moms in Wii Fit?

I can't believe people are excited about this sort of thing.  Company develops toys for the sole purpose of SELLING THEM TO YOU.  Incorporating them into meaningful gaming is just an afterthought.

I might get some of these If we see buy one get one like the Disney infinity figures last year at gamestop thanksgiving

neonon19s said:
I might get some of these If we see buy one get one like the Disney infinity figures last year at gamestop thanksgiving
I would at least expect a B2G1 at Best Buy and when combined with GCU that makes them close to half price. The only question will be how popular these are and if Nintendo is stingy with the supply (or just limited in production) so that it doesn't look like no one is buying them. Then some of the more popular figs might be sold out or hard to find by then. But in the long run (ie, after Christmas) I'm sure they'll be easy to get and on sale.

Villager also doesn't belong.

Soccer moms use Wii Fit.
I don't see how any of these don't belong. Isn't the idea here that Nintendo has popular games and characters and so they want to sell us more items that are branded with said games/characters. Last I checked Animal Crossing and Wii Fit were popular Nintendo games.

[quote name="Nothing371" post="12066637" timestamp="1409887945"]I can't believe people are excited about this sort of thing. Company develops toys for the sole purpose of SELLING THEM TO YOU. Incorporating them into meaningful gaming is just an afterthought.[/quote]

That's what every single for-profit company does. What's your point?

I got it during the free promotion, therefore I don't need to buy it. It's a good piece of software but I don't think anyone is buying it because they either got it for free or they got burned paying $100 for the original wii fit and won't buy something they already have.

I can't believe people are excited about this sort of thing. Company develops toys for the sole purpose of SELLING THEM TO YOU. Incorporating them into meaningful gaming is just an afterthought.
Can you believe another company is charging for horse armor?!?! AND THEY'RE SELLING THAT HORSE ARMOR TO YOU!

No Portal or $80 mega pack to buy with 3 figs.

Price is still less than SL Giants at $15 $16 a piece and have more technology in them(saves, customization for taking them with you)

BB GCU price sits at $10.40 each pre tax or $20.80 for 2.

Best you can hope for this entire holiday season will be BOGO 50% off. (we all know Nintendo products are never on sale). So that will be $19.50 for 2. You are only saving $1.30 for 2 if you "hope" for a sale.

Most likely these will be hard to find and sell out(desired figs anyway)

Remember how hard the Pokemon figs in the ball were to get and the aftermarket prices?

When has Nintendo products ever dropped in value on the collector market? Anything Nintendo if you get it for sub retail will hold it's vaule for the most part and most likely bring profit at some point.

No Portal or $80 mega pack to buy with 3 figs.

Price is still less than SL Giants at $15 $16 a piece and have more technology in them(saves, customization for taking them with you)

BB GCU price sits at $10.40 each pre tax or $20.80 for 2.

Best you can hope for this entire holiday season will be BOGO 50% off. (we all know Nintendo products are never on sale). So that will be $19.50 for 2. You are only saving $1.30 for 2 if you "hope" for a sale.

Most likely these will be hard to find and sell out(desired figs anyway)

Remember how hard the Pokemon figs in the ball were to get and the aftermarket prices?

When has Nintendo products ever dropped in value on the collector market? Anything Nintendo if you get it for sub retail will hold it's vaule for the most part and most likely bring profit at some point.
Nintendo has things that are worth less than they cost when purchased. For one thing, the fucking consoles, the accessories that go with them, and almost all games outside of a few outliers. Video games are not "investments". Consoles are not "investments" either. When someone says, "I'm going to invest in a PS4", they're doing the exact opposite of an investing.

These are like anything else, the future value will be determined on future supply and demand. We have no idea how many of these will be made and thus no clue on how much they will be worth.

I hope I can use the figures with my Wii U without opening the packaging. Don't get me wrong--I really want to open them--but I'll probably try *really* hard to bend them in places where there are no joints.

Or want to chew on them.

You mean the Pokemon Rumble figures? Those were limited to one retailer and were pretty much limited to one shipment. They were more or less just a gimmick that Nintendo put out on a one time basis.

This whole Amiibo initiative is something that's going to be much more long-running. I full expect this initial batch of figures to be on shelves for at least 9 to 12 months, where they'll likely be cycled out once further series have been made available.

Thanks for the five pages of valuable input for video game deals.
Thread title made it clear what the thread was about. You could have easily avoided it and certainly didn't need to post comments here multiple times. Seems to me you're just here to stir up sh%# and that's not welcome or appropriate.

Yeah ok nerds. Have fun with your nintendo skinned Skylanders. We'll check back in one year and you tell me how cool they are and how glad you are that you spent money on them. :applause:
You're talking to a guy that has a box filled with 20+ Disney Infinity figures and currently has a pre-order for 2.0.

bread's done
Back