AMZ: Trade $30, $30 off Dual Shock 4, Trade $20, $20 off Beyond:TS

maxiell

CAGiversary!
Trade In $30, Get $ 30 Bonus Credit Toward a Dualshock 4 Controller
For a limited time, trade in a $30 worth of qualifying video games, consoles or accessories and get $30 bonus credit toward a Dualshock 4 controller in addition to your trade-in value.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Search for your qualifying items using the search below and submit your trade in
2. Send in your item for processing following the instructions provided
3. Wait for your item to be received and graded
4. When your trade in is accepted, add a qualifying Dualshock 4 controller to your cart
5. Your bonus credit will be applied automatically to your purchase
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&docId=1001420741

The page for the Beyond: Two Souls promotion seems to be down right now, but you can see it come up when you try to trade-in. It's $20 off the game.

lock if old

Last edited by a moderator:
Small flips to help with any GS -> AZ trades

GS PS3 -> AZ

Afrika 9.99 16.05

BAJA: Edge of Control 9.99 10.42

Fairytale Fights 4.99 6.03

GS 360 -> AZ

Trivial Pursuit 9.99 15.32

This offer goes through October, right?  So if Beyond goes slightly down in price after launch, you can still buy it with $20 off until October is over?

I wonder if the Steel Book from gamestop and the regular one will have the same DPCI. If they do i can just pick up the LE from Gamestop then get the regular one on Amazon for 20 off and return that to GS.

You could be right. I'm more just wondering if the deal will stack with any future discounts. I'm assuming it must.
I believe it does. What this promo does is just look if you have Beyond: Two Souls in your cart and takes $20 off the order if you do. So, no matter what price it is, it would work.

I got my trade in accepted and I was eligible for both promos. Still waiting on it to give it to me. They received and credited the gift card already

I was going to wait to share this because I know how dirty some of you are but Lost Planet 3 is $19.99 + s/h at the capcom store and the PS3 version trades in for $33.xx on AZ right now.

Shipping will kill most profits but it is an easy qualifier for both promotions. It also comes with a promo item.

Just got my credit from the trade-in about $33.00. Added both DS4 and Beyond, got the promotions but now you guys have me wondering if I should wait for a sale before placing the order. Different levels of CAG-ness, eh?

Just traded in a buncha old crap I really didn't want anymore for about $54 in credit, was able to order both Beyond & DS4 for $15 - so, it's definitely working. Great deal for me, as I wanted both.

Bought Lost Planet 3 for $29.05 after tax and submitted a trade at Amazon for $33.20. So I'm making a little bit of money and getting the promotion; good deal. Just have to hope shipping on Lost Planet 3 doesn't take ridiculously long and gets to me before the end of the month so my trade-in will be accepted. 

Just got my credit from the trade-in about $33.00. Added both DS4 and Beyond, got the promotions but now you guys have me wondering if I should wait for a sale before placing the order. Different levels of CAG-ness, eh?
I doubt the controller will go on sale before the promo expires, but the game probably will. I'm thinking I might just buy it at launch, beat it, and then trade/sell it while the value is still high.

Wow.  My first bad experience with Amazon Trade-Ins.  They are returning my PSP 3000 Core pack for not coming with bundled accessories (note: there are no bundled accessories in the 'core' pack).  Even so, I still traded in more than $30 worth of stuff, but my trade-in says I'm ineligible for the Beyond and & DS4 promotions.

Just venting.  I'm sure customer service will come through for me, but what load a load of crap.

I just sent my trade ins off today but they are already saying processing on the trade in page is this how amazon does it now since the recent update?

I just sent my trade ins off today but they are already saying processing on the trade in page is this how amazon does it now since the recent update?
No idea, but this was the fastest trade-in to credit I'd ever had with them - I mailed it on Tuesday and received credit today. They even bumped up the value of one of my items. I've never seen that before lol I marked it as acceptable, and they changed it to good.

The trade in for Lost Planet 3 just dropped by the way to $15.40.
Wow that is some responsive system, no wonder Amazon do so well. I have also been offered instant credit on my last two trades which is something new.

I dont really get how this is a deal? A DS4 is $59.99.  You trade $30 to get it at $30.  Wouldnt it be that anyway?

I dont really get how this is a deal? A DS4 is $59.99. You trade $30 to get it at $30. Wouldnt it be that anyway?
You get that on top of the $30 trade credit for the game you're trading in.
This.

Item(s) Subtotal: $59.96
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
-----
Total before tax: $29.96

It makes the controller $30 BEFORE applying the gift card for the trade in you did.

Edit: deleting everything everyone already said due slow ipad updating lol

To sum up, it's a good deal

I want to trade in my PX5 headset...its in great/immaculate condition, only thing missing is the box and the manuals.   How important is that stuff to amazon?  Will those missing items bump it from good to acceptable?

Thanks

I want to trade in my PX5 headset...its in great/immaculate condition, only thing missing is the box and the manuals. How important is that stuff to amazon? Will those missing items bump it from good to acceptable?

Thanks
That might move it to Acceptable. Not always. I traded Afro Samurai PS3 with just the game and case with cover art and it was accepted as Good. Others have sent Acceptable items that have been upgraded, but one of my items got accepted as Acceptable once without the upgrade to Good when it was in great condition and complete, so I can't really say which way is best.

I got offered instant trade credit so I was like "Cool, Ill go ahead and do that and preorder the DS4".

then I realized that the promotional credit isnt there until the trade is actually accepted so now I have $33.50 trade credit but will just let it sit in the acct until they receive the Last of Us.

Also I see that I get the $20 bonus for Beyond. I will definitely check that out if it goes on sale sometime soon!

I got offered instant trade credit so I was like "Cool, Ill go ahead and do that and preorder the DS4".

then I realized that the promotional credit isnt there until the trade is actually accepted so now I have $33.50 trade credit but will just let it sit in the acct until they receive the Last of Us.

Also I see that I get the $20 bonus for Beyond. I will definitely check that out if it goes on sale sometime soon!
I always get offered the credit, but always refuse. I just don't trust it. I'd rather play it safe and wait for the trade-in to get accepted.

I want to trade in my PX5 headset...its in great/immaculate condition, only thing missing is the box and the manuals. How important is that stuff to amazon? Will those missing items bump it from good to acceptable?

Thanks
Yes, most items traded-in without original packaging get bumped down to Acceptable.

My submitted games were accepted for greater than $30...and still I'm ineligible for the promotions.  I'm not too excited anymore, though as someone else already stated, I'm rather certain that Customer Service will come through.

My submitted games were accepted for greater than $30...and still I'm ineligible for the promotions. I'm not too excited anymore, though as someone else already stated, I'm rather certain that Customer Service will come through.
It should show you're eligible as soon as you submit the trades. Maybe you submitted more than one trade and only the first qualified for the promotion?

It should show you're eligible as soon as you submit the trades. Maybe you submitted more than one trade and only the first qualified for the promotion?
It should but something is screwed up. It even shows on the trade in page but if you click it, the popup says ineligible. I called and they just emailed marketing and now I wait.

Just "chat"ed with a CSR about being ineligible...they're sending in a ticket to their promo and marketing team.  Which might mean I still won't receive both.

My submitted games were accepted for greater than $30...and still I'm ineligible for the promotions. I'm not too excited anymore, though as someone else already stated, I'm rather certain that Customer Service will come through.
It should but something is screwed up. It even shows on the trade in page but if you click it, the popup says ineligible. I called and they just emailed marketing and now I wait.
Just wondering did anyone of you have any games rejected? Maybe that's what's causing the problem when I click on my trade -in under the promotion credit it says pending not Ineligible

So, you submitted, in a single trade in, video games worth at least $30, during the promotion period (i.e. at the time of submission it displayed on your screen that your trade in qualified for both promotions), but after your trade in was accepted, the promotion does not show or you?

Just wondering did anyone of you have any games rejected? Maybe that's what's causing the problem when I click on my trade -in under the promotion credit it says pending not Ineligible
I had some rejections (which are BS, but that's another issue altogether), but like thehoweller, my trade-in value of accepted items in a single trade-in during the promotional period is still more than $30. Seems pretty clear and simple if you ask me. Hopefully the promotions department agrees.

I had some rejections (which are BS, but that's another issue altogether), but like thehoweller, my trade-in value of accepted items in a single trade-in during the promotional period is still more than $30. Seems pretty clear and simple if you ask me. Hopefully the promotions department agrees.
This was reported last time during the promo where you got an extra $10 or something. If part of your trade in is rejected but you're still over $30 the promo won't kick in. Also I think it doesn't work if you don't send in all the games you submitted for the trade even if the ones you send in are over the amount. Not sure if this happens every time but I remember it being discussed before.

This was reported last time during the promo where you got an extra $10 or something. If part of your trade in is rejected but you're still over $30 the promo won't kick in. Also I think it doesn't work if you don't send in all the games you submitted for the trade even if the ones you send in are over the amount. Not sure if this happens every time but I remember it being discussed before.
I see. Well at least there's an explanation. Seems like a slam dunk once the promotions department reviews then.

My copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV was rejected for "missing manual." I put a note in the box explaining it didn't come with one. Unless "missing manual" is code for "missing all the LE stuff I didn't sent with it" then I'm disappointed. So much for the Beyond promo. Guess I'll try to find something else to trade or wait for a deal on the game down the line.

My copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV was rejected for "missing manual." I put a note in the box explaining it didn't come with one. Unless "missing manual" is code for "missing all the LE stuff I didn't sent with it" then I'm disappointed. So much for the Beyond promo. Guess I'll try to find something else to trade or wait for a deal on the game down the line.
You may get more information if you chat with customer service. My PSP said "missing bundled accessories" and when I called the CSR told me that it said it was missing the memory card.

Darn, that's what I sent in too. How many days after they received it did they reject it? Mine is still sitting as "Processing."

So, you submitted, in a single trade in, video games worth at least $30, during the promotion period (i.e. at the time of submission it displayed on your screen that your trade in qualified for both promotions), but after your trade in was accepted, the promotion does not show or you?
I had a single rejection (sent in Queen Singstar for the PS2, instead of the PS3...herpderp). The promotion does show for me, but when I click it for more information on the trade screen, it says I'm ineligible. Also, adding both the PS4 controller, and Beyond Two Souls to my cart, shows that two promotions are applied...but there's no discount taken.

I'd assume this will all work out, because it seems as if it's 85% working, but just not discounting.

bread's done
Back