AMZ: Trade $30, $30 off Dual Shock 4, Trade $20, $20 off Beyond:TS

maxiell

CAGiversary!
Trade In $30, Get $ 30 Bonus Credit Toward a Dualshock 4 Controller
For a limited time, trade in a $30 worth of qualifying video games, consoles or accessories and get $30 bonus credit toward a Dualshock 4 controller in addition to your trade-in value.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Search for your qualifying items using the search below and submit your trade in
2. Send in your item for processing following the instructions provided
3. Wait for your item to be received and graded
4. When your trade in is accepted, add a qualifying Dualshock 4 controller to your cart
5. Your bonus credit will be applied automatically to your purchase
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&docId=1001420741

The page for the Beyond: Two Souls promotion seems to be down right now, but you can see it come up when you try to trade-in. It's $20 off the game.

lock if old

Last edited by a moderator:
Were the discounts instant for anyone after they accepted the trade-ins? They accepted both my trade-in which are well over $30 but I'm not getting any discount on the game or the controller when I try to order.

Darn, that's what I sent in too. How many days after they received it did they reject it? Mine is still sitting as "Processing."
It was received yesterday morning, got the email this morning. I chatted with CS but the best he could give me was that the manual was missing. I assume he was reading the same note I saw. I might contact them again to see if I can get confirmation, or I'll take it as a sign to hold onto the game for now and try to sell the complete LE down the road.

It was received yesterday morning, got the email this morning. I chatted with CS but the best he could give me was that the manual was missing. I assume he was reading the same note I saw. I might contact them again to see if I can get confirmation, or I'll take it as a sign to hold onto the game for now and try to sell the complete LE down the road.
I'm really sorry to post this, but my SMTIV was just accepted for trade and the gift card deposited, and all I had in it was the Club Nintendo slip. Sorry :(

My copy of Shin Megami Tensei IV was rejected for "missing manual." I put a note in the box explaining it didn't come with one. Unless "missing manual" is code for "missing all the LE stuff I didn't sent with it" then I'm disappointed. So much for the Beyond promo. Guess I'll try to find something else to trade or wait for a deal on the game down the line.
That happened to me a while back when SMTIV was newer. The system showed incorrect UPC when there is only one UPC and then another note said it was missing manual. I also included a note that said it doesn't come with a manual. I didn't talk to customer service though since I don't want to complain too much. I did submit it again a few weeks later which was a lower value, but I included the extras and it was accepted. But I guess it is hit or miss since Shadow2222 said it was accepted without it.

I'm really sorry to post this, but my SMTIV was just accepted for trade and the gift card deposited, and all I had in it was the Club Nintendo slip. Sorry :(
No worries. I'm happy someone made it through. Not sure if my note pointing out the lack of manual raised a flag on their end, or I was just unlucky, but this gives me hope to resubmit. Did you send in just the game or all the LE extras too?

For anyone trying to get Rocksmith Guitar & Bass used from BBY, take note: they combined Rocksmith and Rocksmith Guitar & Bass into the same SKU.  I ordered one, confirmed over the phone that it was complete, got to the store and it was the "plain" Rocksmith not G&B.

For anyone trying to get Rocksmith Guitar & Bass used from BBY, take note: they combined Rocksmith and Rocksmith Guitar & Bass into the same SKU. I ordered one, confirmed over the phone that it was complete, got to the store and it was the "plain" Rocksmith not G&B.
HA HA LOL! :p

My trade in of  God of War III Ultimate, Last of Us, and 32gb Xoom WiFi were accepted today. $153 for a 3 year old tablet thats slower than my phone, not bad.

Were the discounts instant for anyone after they accepted the trade-ins? They accepted both my trade-in which are well over $30 but I'm not getting any discount on the game or the controller when I try to order.
Yes, the discounts show up during checkout. If you get to the final order confirmation screen and aren't seeing "Promotion Applied" of $20/$30, then you aren't getting the discount.

For anyone trying to get Rocksmith Guitar & Bass used from BBY, take note: they combined Rocksmith and Rocksmith Guitar & Bass into the same SKU. I ordered one, confirmed over the phone that it was complete, got to the store and it was the "plain" Rocksmith not G&B.
The same thing happened to me so I cancelled the purchase

Yes, the discounts show up during checkout. If you get to the final order confirmation screen and aren't seeing "Promotion Applied" of $20/$30, then you aren't getting the discount.
They received my trade in $31.06 when I submitted them both promos showed in my trade but its not working for me it says ineligible under my 2 promos now that they received them and paid out the $31.06. I don't get i am over the $30 but promo codes are not applied.

They received my trade in $31.06 when I submitted them both promos showed in my trade but its not working for me it says ineligible under my 2 promos now that they received them and paid out the $31.06. I don't get i am over the $30 but promo codes are not applied.
Good luck, friend. I've been waiting for the marketing & promotions department to respond since last Thursday about this issue. I'll probably chatting with customer service again today. :(

I sent out my two copies of Lost Planet 3 (PS3) at $33.xx each yesterday.

Do I get the promo credit towards Beyond: Two Souls and the DS4 controller now, or not until they items have been received and accepted and the AZ gift card has been paid out to my account?

Do I get the promo credit towards Beyond: Two Souls and the DS4 controller now, or not until they items have been received and accepted and the AZ gift card has been paid out to my account?
Is that a serious question? I hope not...

not until everything is received / graded.

you get the credit promo, until they paid you, if should just paid/ and verified next to the status of your trade in.

Traded in some ps2 rpgs that were priced pretty fairly. $55 worth. Will definitely get a DS4 but Tue reviews of Beyond got me hesitant on that game. Might just wait till down the road at some point for it

^ Thanks for the answers. I didn't know you could see promotions on the original submitted trade-in order under your AZ account. That will be helpful if they continue to do things like this.

So now I wait. Hopefully the game goes on sale before the credit expires

Traded in some ps2 rpgs that were priced pretty fairly. $55 worth. Will definitely get a DS4 but Tue reviews of Beyond got me hesitant on that game. Might just wait till down the road at some point for it
reading the reviews for Beyond actually has me more fascinated with it. everyone had an idea of what to expect from Quantic (crazy good visuals, focus on story over gameplay, not the best writing in the world, doing shit like making dinner with button presses) and the reviews are still all over the place. At the very least that makes it interesting to me.

reading the reviews for Beyond actually has me more fascinated with it. everyone had an idea of what to expect from Quantic (crazy good visuals, focus on story over gameplay, not the best writing in the world, doing shit like making dinner with button presses) and the reviews are still all over the place. At the very least that makes it interesting to me.
Heavy Rain was 90% story and 10% gameplay. If Beyond is similar, I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

I traded in 2 games, shipped them together but they processed separately so the promotion didn't apply. I contacted customer service on chat and they issued me the promo.

I was on chat for like 90 minutes.  They gave me the $30 promotion credit for the DualShock 4 but want me to wait until Friday now for marketing & promotions to issue the $20 for Beyond.  The customer service rep was great.  Marketing & promotions sucks.

We'll for the first time amazon has messed up my trade in. They some how gave me credit for 2 of my games but not my 16gb vita memory card. All were in the same package, so I call an explain the situation and they make me feel like I'm lying about it. They did conceded and if I don't get credit for the memory card in three days they will apply it for me. I hate having to call them about this kind of stuff because I don't want to get banned

We'll for the first time amazon has messed up my trade in. They some how gave me credit for 2 of my games but not my 16gb vita memory card. All were in the same package, so I call an explain the situation and they make me feel like I'm lying about it. They did conceded and if I don't get credit for the memory card in three days they will apply it for me. I hate having to call them about this kind of stuff because I don't want to get banned
this is actually pretty normal - accessories get graded differently than games and usually take a few days longer. I expect you'll see the credit before week's end unless they really did lose it.

I got my Lost Planet 3 today. Doesn't come with a manual, so explained that on a note which I put into the box and through Live Chat (they supposedly attached a note to my tradein). Also came with a nice heat/ice pack that looks like a bunch of orange spider eggs. Easily worth a few bucks. Have a couple weeks to play the game before I have to ship it out.

to be 100% sure you get the promo, it should also say eligible for 2 promotions under the amount $ you are trading in for.
You know what pisses me off is that I submitted two trades. Cancelled the first one that had 2 eligible promotions. And it never applied the promotions to my second trade after cancelling. I sent in my second trade last week so Ill see what happens hopefully by Friday. I am probably going to have to contact them. I hate having to talk to CS.

You know what pisses me off is that I submitted two trades. Cancelled the first one that had 2 eligible promotions. And it never applied the promotions to my second trade after cancelling. I sent in my second trade last week so Ill see what happens hopefully by Friday. I am probably going to have to contact them. I hate having to talk to CS.
you had to make sure it say eligible for trade in promotions, it does notauto apply to your second trade in transaction, just because you cancelled your second one. i mean you are dealing with amazon after all, customer satisfaction is their #1 priority. you should have no problem getting them to honor it in the end,

I thought you've only contacted CS once.

Anyway, for the trade promotion, you contact a different department. It's by e-mail.
I have only talked to Amazon CS once. I was talking about customer service in general. Not just amazon.

I just assumed once I cancelled the trade with promos that the promos would go on to the next trade. Since the other obviously is not being submitted.

I have only talked to Amazon CS once. I was talking about customer service in general. Not just amazon.

I just assumed once I cancelled the trade with promos that the promos would go on to the next trade. 
it does not work like that with amazon, you have to resubmit it, if you want to get the promotion to reapply.

it does not work like that with amazon, you have to resubmit it, if you want to get the promotion to reapply.
Well even though I didnt realize that beforehand I hope CS does the right thing and apply the promos since Im doing all the qualifications (granted my trade gets accepted which it should). The only time I talked to Amazon CS they werent as awesome as everyone always says they are. I always have bad luck with CS related stuff.

Well even though I didnt realize that beforehand I hope CS does the right thing and apply the promos since Im doing all the qualifications (granted my trade gets accepted which it should). The only time I talked to Amazon CS they werent as awesome as everyone always says they are. I always have bad luck with CS related stuff.
you are not the first one that happen to, last time with the $20 extra trade in credit, and $10 preorder credit promotions, people had the same issue as you. it was taken care of, other than the fact . they had to wait a few days, because amazon cs had to direct the issue to their "marketIng" department.

I know I've done enough Amazon trades that I should know this without asking, but missing the shipping deadline by a few days isn't a problem, right? Long as it gets top them before the trade expires it should work?

I know I've done enough Amazon trades that I should know this without asking, but missing the shipping deadline by a few days isn't a problem, right? Long as it gets top them before the trade expires it should work?
Yep. I sent in a game like a week and half after the shipping date passed a month ago and got full credit for it.

My GTAV and GoW: Ascension trade-in just got accepted.  I was a little nervous about GoW:A, since that game didn't come with a manual and I wasn't sure if it would get declined.  But everything was fine and I pre-ordered my DS4.  I might buy Beyond if it gets discounted before the end of the month, but otherwise I think I'll just get it from Gamefly. 

bread's done
Back