AMZ: Trade $30, $30 off Dual Shock 4, Trade $20, $20 off Beyond:TS

maxiell

CAGiversary!
Trade In $30, Get $ 30 Bonus Credit Toward a Dualshock 4 Controller
For a limited time, trade in a $30 worth of qualifying video games, consoles or accessories and get $30 bonus credit toward a Dualshock 4 controller in addition to your trade-in value.

How to redeem this offer:
1. Search for your qualifying items using the search below and submit your trade in
2. Send in your item for processing following the instructions provided
3. Wait for your item to be received and graded
4. When your trade in is accepted, add a qualifying Dualshock 4 controller to your cart
5. Your bonus credit will be applied automatically to your purchase
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?ie=UTF8&docId=1001420741

The page for the Beyond: Two Souls promotion seems to be down right now, but you can see it come up when you try to trade-in. It's $20 off the game.

lock if old

Last edited by a moderator:
Three of my four games were accepted for $44.XX, but I was denied both promos. On hold with amazon now...I assume this was an oversight on amazons part overall, but it's still frustrating to have to call in when I should have still gotten the promos.

My trade-in items were accepted at different times (one game and one accessory) and I didn't receive the promo. Chatted with CS and they forwarded an email to the Promotions Department. Just received a response where they said my trade-ins were not submitted with the promo (which is wrong, I have proof), but as an exception, they gave me $30 certificate. Good...but not good enough. Time to contact them again for the missing $20 Beyond promo!

My trade-in items were accepted at different times (one game and one accessory) and I didn't receive the promo. Chatted with CS and they forwarded an email to the Promotions Department. Just received a response where they said my trade-ins were not submitted with the promo (which is wrong, I have proof), but as an exception, they gave me $30 certificate. Good...but not good enough. Time to contact them again for the missing $20 Beyond promo!
Good luck. I'm hopeful they'll get it straightened out in the end, but I've been waiting since last Thursday. The Marketing & Promotions department appears to have no f'in clue what this promotion really is.

That sucks. I'm in the same boat, I'd imagine. I traded in a game and an accessory. Game got accepted, but not the accessory yet. I imagine the promo won't get put in my account. Anyone in a similar situation as poop69? Anyone had an accessory and game accepted and the promo worked?

That sucks. I'm in the same boat, I'd imagine. I traded in a game and an accessory. Game got accepted, but not the accessory yet. I imagine the promo won't get put in my account. Anyone in a similar situation as poop69? Anyone had an accessory and game accepted and the promo worked?
i am really confused, how are some people posting the promo was automatically applied, and others saying they are having issues?

Just to follow up, I had another chat with CS and explained everything. They quickly gave me the extra $20 credit. It all ended well :)

i am really confused, how are some people posting the promo was automatically applied, and others saying they are having issues?
I'm assuming it's because accessories take longer to process, so maybe in their system if the total isn't $30 when everything in the order is approved, the system thinks it wasn't promo-acceptable.

Who knows, though? I'm expecting to have this not work, but I'm hoping somebody who traded in a game + accessory can tell us whether it worked or not?

Three of my four games were accepted for $44.XX, but I was denied both promos. On hold with amazon now...I assume this was an oversight on amazons part overall, but it's still frustrating to have to call in when I should have still gotten the promos.
Someone here said that if one game in your set is denied, the promo won't take, even if you still get over $20 or $30 for whichever promo it is.

Someone here said that if one game in your set is denied, the promo won't take, even if you still get over $20 or $30 for whichever promo it is.
No, that's not it. All my items were accepted, but two items were downgraded for a final total of $30, so it should still have gone through.

I traded in $150 worth of games and no promo. Got all the credit but when you selcet the promo is says Ineligible for both the $20 and $30. DId chat twice to get both credits added as a amazon credit that works for anything. I wounder if you trade in items needed to be from amazon in the first place.

I believe that if anything in your trade in is rejected/lowered the promo won't take. Which is BS. I still had over $30 worth of games accepted so I expect to get my Beyond and DS4 promos.

Ordered my controller. But I'm toying with the idea of cancelling it since there really won't be any use for it at launch. Part of me wants to use my $30 trade credit for something immediately useful and get the red DS4 when it's released. It would just be a shame to waste that $30 promo.

Ordered my controller. But I'm toying with the idea of cancelling it since there really won't be any use for it at launch. Part of me wants to use my $30 trade credit for something immediately useful and get the red DS4 when it's released. It would just be a shame to waste that $30 promo.

cancel the DS4 and pre order something random so you no longer have a gift card in your account. Then Re-order the DS4 it will just take the $30 promotional credit off of the price. You can then go back and cancel the random pre-order and use the gift card on what ever you like.

gamewizardx said:
I traded in $150 worth of games and no promo. Got all the credit but when you selcet the promo is says Ineligible for both the $20 and $30. DId chat twice to get both credits added as a amazon credit that works for anything. I wounder if you trade in items needed to be from amazon in the first place.
No way on that last point. Did you have the promos showing on your trade-in page before you sent them? If so, I'm not sure why it didn't work unless this promo is as broken as the $10 preorder credit promo from earlier this summer (that didn't work on half the games they said it would).

Hmm - interesting news on the promo not applying if one game isn't sent/accepted. I made a 4 game trade and 1 of the games I can't find. The other 3 would still put me over $30 but I don't want to have to contact CS over this. I've done that for too many other issues (that were entirely their fault) recently. It sucks that they make you seem like the bad guy (in having to contact them) when the problems are all on their end.

I believe that if anything in your trade in is rejected/lowered the promo won't take. Which is BS. I still had over $30 worth of games accepted so I expect to get my Beyond and DS4 promos.
That's what I hear, but...

No, that's not it. All my items were accepted, but two items were downgraded for a final total of $30, so it should still have gone through.
...it seems that it's YMMV. I usually send in one thing each trade-in, though, so I don't know.

No way on that last point. Did you have the promos showing on your trade-in page before you sent them? If so, I'm not sure why it didn't work unless this promo is as broken as the $10 preorder credit promo from earlier this summer (that didn't work on half the games they said it would).

Hmm - interesting news on the promo not applying if one game isn't sent/accepted. I made a 4 game trade and 1 of the games I can't find. The other 3 would still put me over $30 but I don't want to have to contact CS over this. I've done that for too many other issues (that were entirely their fault) recently. It sucks that they make you seem like the bad guy (in having to contact them) when the problems are all on their end.
I think this promo is broke. Here's my trade-in summary:

Trade-In Placed:

September 29, 2013

• Trade-In ID: TRN-#######-#######
  • Return Option: Return downgraded items
  • Promotions: Eligible for 2 promotions
  • Total Amount Submitted: $76.99
  • Amount Paid: $39.58
  • Graded Amount: $39.58
When I click the Promotions link, it tells me Ineligible for both. When I add a DS4 or Beyond to my cart, I obviously do not get the promotional credit. So far, I called CS Thursday 10/3 (sent requests to marketing & promotions as well as trade-in department), chatted with CS Friday 10/4 (told to wait for marketing & promotions again), chatted with CS Tuesday 10/8 for 90 minutes (was granted a $30 promotion but told to wait for marketing & promotions to get the other $20 by Friday 10/11), and sent a brief summary email to Jeff Bezos regarding the mass confusion in marketing & promotions (yes, I realize it is highly unlikely he will even see my email).

The thing that ticks me off even more is that my items weren't even graded properly (one PSP UMD was actually broken by the trade-in department and my Like New PSP was rejected for not including a memory card even though the SKU doesn't include one).

EDIT: Well, that was interesting. I just got an email from someone responding on behalf of Jeff Bezos. They apologized and indicated the terms of the promotion showed that the offers could not be combined, so I needed a total of $50 to be accepted in order to qualify for both promotions. They acknowledged that the terms were not clear and that it still doesn't explain why I didn't get the $30 automatically and gave me the $20 anyway. (I have another trade-in pending for about $60, so all is well in karma-land.) Thought I'd share. I really didn't think the email to Jeff thing would work out, but it did!

I think this promo is broke. Here's my trade-in summary:

When I click the Promotions link, it tells me Ineligible for both. When I add a DS4 or Beyond to my cart, I obviously do not get the promotional credit. So far, I called CS Thursday 10/3 (sent requests to marketing & promotions as well as trade-in department), chatted with CS Friday 10/4 (told to wait for marketing & promotions again), chatted with CS Tuesday 10/8 for 90 minutes (was granted a $30 promotion but told to wait for marketing & promotions to get the other $20 by Friday 10/11), and sent a brief summary email to Jeff Bezos regarding the mass confusion in marketing & promotions (yes, I realize it is highly unlikely he will even see my email).

The thing that ticks me off even more is that my items weren't even graded properly (one PSP UMD was actually broken by the trade-in department and my Like New PSP was rejected for not including a memory card even though the SKU doesn't include one).

EDIT: Well, that was interesting. I just got an email from someone responding on behalf of Jeff Bezos. They apologized and indicated the terms of the promotion showed that the offers could not be combined, so I needed a total of $50 to be accepted in order to qualify for both promotions. They acknowledged that the terms were not clear and that it still doesn't explain why I didn't get the $30 automatically and gave me the $20 anyway. (I have another trade-in pending for about $60, so all is well in karma-land.) Thought I'd share. I really didn't think the email to Jeff thing would work out, but it did!
Then how come I got both offers from a $38.xx trade? I already preordered a DS4 for $29.96 and the $20 off Beyond appears at final checkout if I'm buying it. :???:

Then how come I got both offers from a $38.xx trade? I already preordered a DS4 for $29.96 and the $20 off Beyond appears at final checkout if I'm buying it. :???:
I hear ya and I don't agree with the explanation, but my goal was to get the $30 & the $20 promised. I also verified that both promotions showed when I only had $30 worth of stuff in my trade (before submitting), but at this point it doesn't matter and I've wasted too much time already. :lol:

I made a post on amazons facebook page. If anyone would like to comment on my post to increase the visibility of the situation so it is more easily seen let me know and I'll send you a link to my post.

It says my status is "ineligible" when I checked my successful trade-in page. Awesome! Had to call Amazon and they applied a single $30 promotion to my account. Really don't like calling for promotions given the paranoia about Amazon accounts, but... sheesh. This was one messed up trade-in deal! I didn't push for the Beyond: Two Souls credit.

why are they so bad at promotions still? when their trade program first started their promos, while semi-abusable (and totally fun), were fairly reliable. The last few they've done have been utter trainwrecks. Like they only half did them and figured that someone else would finish.

io - to be fair, I think that we make more out of the dangers of contacting customer service than there actually is. I've probably contacted them 20 times in the past two years and I've never been concerned about The Ban. I never put more time in to it than the email option though which is why it probably doesn't bother me too much.

I don't known, but really, it's not like this promotion started yesterday, so surely they've received enough calls about it not working... 

le sigh...

Got my trade accepted today.  $30 ineligible on a 47.xx trade total (after grading).  I contacted via chat and they are sending my info up to the marketing dept for further investigation.

Same thing just happened to me. Had my games accepted 3 days ago and the vita memory card accepted today (all part of one trade). Got rejected on two of the games but still had 3 games and memory card accepted for around 56 bucks out of the 70 possible. Got the 56 dollars in credit but the promos are listed as ineligible for me and aren't popping up on purchases of Beyond or the DS4. Contacted CS through Chat and now waiting to hear from the Marketing Team.

They accepted my copy of The Last of Us today and I qualified for both bonuses, no problem. I'll probably pre-order a DS4 soon, not sure what I'm going to do about B:TS though. The mixed reviews are worrying me. Anyone here play it yet?

They accepted my copy of The Last of Us today and I qualified for both bonuses, no problem. I'll probably pre-order a DS4 soon, not sure what I'm going to do about B:TS though. The mixed reviews are worrying me. Anyone here play it yet?
Did you play Heavy Rain and enjoy it? Then I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy BTS. I loved both. I'm no writing critic, but the story was enjoyable to me and the acting was great. If you didn't play Heavy Rain, there is a demo for BTS on PSN that will give an idea of the gameplay.

The promotional credits for Beyond: Two Souls and the DS4 don't expire until November 30th correct?

I was going to preorder the DS4 today however I had like $200+ in AZ Gift cards attached to my account and I want to use the promotional credit but NOT the gift card credit. I'm afraid if I try to remove the AZ Gift Card credit it will also remove the promotional credit. And in my experience if you remove a promotional credit (like with a lightning deal) once removed you can't get it to apply again, even if you never used it.

Wow, they actually bumped my TiV UP from when I submitted it? Got a few extra dollars! Yay :)

They accepted my trade-in just fine. Not sure why they took the higher TiV, but i won't complain :) I'm definitely waiting for Beyond: TS to drop in price though.

The promotional credits for Beyond: Two Souls and the DS4 don't expire until November 30th correct?

I was going to preorder the DS4 today however I had like $200+ in AZ Gift cards attached to my account and I want to use the promotional credit but NOT the gift card credit. I'm afraid if I try to remove the AZ Gift Card credit it will also remove the promotional credit. And in my experience if you remove a promotional credit (like with a lightning deal) once removed you can't get it to apply again, even if you never used it.
Correct. I think the ds4 one is good until 12/31.

I locked in my trade for GTA V going to try to get the platinum then trade it in, but it said I had until October 31st for them to receive my trade? That is a crazy amount of time, isn't it?

i did the gamestop 2/50 promo and got beyond. i kept the recipt cause when beyond goes on sale at amazon ill get a copy and just return the copy im getting from amazon straight to gamestop. i get to play the game, trade it in towards my ps4 and get my 59.99$ back from gamestop :D

i did the gamestop 2/50 promo and got beyond. i kept the recipt cause when beyond goes on sale at amazon ill get a copy and just return the copy im getting from amazon straight to gamestop. i get to play the game, trade it in towards my ps4 and get my 59.99$ back from gamestop :D
You didn't get the LE from Gamestop though right?

I had Amazon Rewards points on an already existing order for a Dual Shock 4 so contacted CS to have them apply the $30 promotion to that order. They just took $30 off and I still have the promotion on my account :roll: . Normally that'd be a good thing but I know they keep track of that crap on your account. I wish they'd just apply the promo like I had asked or tell me they can't if they can't.

I would have just cancelled and reordered myself but last time I did that my rewards points disappeared and I lost them (they aren't supposed to since they don't expire).

i am actually surprised you actually bought games at msrp price, and not "rent" games from gamestop.
alot of games ive rented latley but im a huge fan of quantic dreams work plus when i trade it in a max value ill get alot of the 59.99$ back. that credit would go towards my next gen funds of course

Bought fifa 14 at toys r us last week for $45 after they took off the $15 gift card automatically and gave me a 3 month x box live card. Traded in fifa for $30 and got both the BTS and ds4 promos as well as $25 off fifa 14 for x box one!! $83 at checkout for the 3 items.

Bought fifa 14 at toys r us last week for $45 after they took off the $15 gift card automatically and gave me a 3 month x box live card. Traded in fifa for $30 and got both the BTS and ds4 promos as well as $25 off fifa 14 for x box one!! $83 at checkout for the 3 items.
What is the $25 off for FIFA deal?

What is the $25 off for FIFA deal?
He means that if you trade in a FIFA (or select titles) on the :360:, they will credit a $25 promotion on your account to "trade up" for the next-gen version of that game.

So, FIFA trades in for $30 for the :360:, and the promo gives you $25 off the FIFA for the XBOne. That's a grand total of $55 toward the new copy.

He means that if you trade in a FIFA (or select titles) on the :360:, they will credit a $25 promotion on your account to "trade up" for the next-gen version of that game.

So, FIFA trades in for $30 for the :360:, and the promo gives you $25 off the FIFA for the XBOne. That's a grand total of $55 toward the new copy.
Gotcha, thanks for explaining.

bread's done
Back