An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

[quote name='gordonmj']I wonder how much field-testing TRU invested before discovering the absolute worse way of selling games, i.e. by throwing them all in a 4-foot deep bin.[/quote]
They do the same thing with clearance games at some of the local Circuit City stores. A few times when I was looking for specific titles, I took every damn game out of that bin and piled them up on the floor next to the bin; then, when I was done, I left them there. If they make me work for it, I like to return the favor.

[quote name='sp00ge']Getting the great price on the game is your payoff. Leaving a mess for the employees to cleanup is an a'hole move.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. There was a guy who was restocking the bins and they were neatly stacked so that the spines were facing up. They had one more row on top of the filled bin and I moved them neatly to see what was under them.

He thanked me for not tossing them around. If I had to guess, it was customers who tossed them around and make it a mess for the rest of us as well as the stockers.

However, that's no excuse for not organizing them at the end of the night. I went to CC first thing this morning and the PSP section was totaled.

[quote name='bob330i']No doubt. There was a guy who was restocking the bins and they were neatly stacked so that the spines were facing up. They had one more row on top of the filled bin and I moved them neatly to see what was under them.

He thanked me for not tossing them around. If I had to guess, it was customers who tossed them around and make it a mess for the rest of us as well as the stockers.

However, that's no excuse for not organizing them at the end of the night. I went to CC first thing this morning and the PSP section was totaled.[/quote]
I always replace neatly organized games as I found them. Hell, if they're only a little messy, I usually organize them myself while I'm searching. At Sears, they stack them as you describe, two layers deep and neatly organized. At CC and TRU, they often just toss them in huge bins, with no possibility for organization. If they make me dig through a waist-high bin for 20 minutes just to see what they have for sale, I have no sympathy at all. EDIT: After thinking about it, the employees working the floor probably don't have any say in how the games get displayed, so Spooge is right. Mea culpa.

Anyway, back on topic, I've hit three TRUs so far, and none of them had three of the DS games that I wanted. They all seem to have lots of Bust a Move, but they always have either a huge pile of Phoenix Wright or a huge pile of Bubble Bobble Rev., never both. I guess I'm going to have to buy at one store and do a return/rebuy at another to get the B2G1.

[quote name='Foo228']2d rayman on gba?[/quote]

Yeah, it's the Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection containing Rayman Advance (a remake of the original) and Rayman 3, which is by far the most gorgeous GBA game I have seen to date... at $7 for the two of them, it was no brainer.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']I stopped in the Milford, CT TRU today and picked up:
Suikoden V (last one) for ~$10
Rayman Double Pack ~$7
Sega Classics Collection $3.70
Phoenix Wright $9.98
Nanostray $9.98
Tony Hawk's American Sk8land - Free =)

On the whole, I'm pretty happy with this.[/QUOTE]

Man, I wish I found a Suikoden V for that much.:cry:

[quote name='sp00ge']Getting the great price on the game is your payoff. Leaving a mess for the employees to cleanup is an a'hole move.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Actually, having the games just thrown in a bin makes it more likely you'll find a high demand game since people will be less likely to stumble on it.

[quote name='dopa345']Agreed. Actually, having the games just thrown in a bin makes it more likely you'll find a high demand game since people will be less likely to stumble on it.[/QUOTE]

I understand the "digging for treasure" mentality used when your WalMart, and CC, and TRU just dump games and dvds into a big bin... but Ive had to refuse games from bins on more than one occasion because they were so dinged up from being crammed into them, GBA games? forget about it

[quote name='zman73']I understand the "digging for treasure" mentality used when your WalMart, and CC, and TRU just dump games and dvds into a big bin... but Ive had to refuse games from bins on more than one occasion because they were so dinged up from being crammed into them, GBA games? forget about it[/QUOTE]

I second that. I've seen some absolutely crushed GBA games in those bins. At least one CC I go to keeps the GBA games in their own bin (which is a little better), but most stuff them in with the hard-cased games.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']Yeah, it's the Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection containing Rayman Advance (a remake of the original) and Rayman 3, which is by far the most gorgeous GBA game I have seen to date... at $7 for the two of them, it was no brainer.[/quote]

damn thats a good deal
i don't remember seeing them earlier in the week so i doubt ill go (tru doesn't even list it...err)

but hopefully its not part of any promotion and will be in stock other weeks/stores, thanks for the heads up

I just swung by my Toys R Us after getting pretty much nothing a few days ago. It appears the 'discovered' a bunch of backstock and the shelves are full. If anybody wants me to swing by and pick up the following, I can - but only for trades on WANT list - no $:

- Call of Duty 2 GOTY (360) - had two
- Death Jr 2. (PSP) - had 2
- Phoenix Wright (DS) - had 1 left
- TH: American Skateland (DS) - had tons
- Nanostray (DS) - had tons
- Gunpey (DS) - had a few
- Tomb Raider (DS) - had a few

That's all I recall. PM me if interested...

Picked up the last copy of COD2. Also noticed that Perfect Dark Zero LE was clearanced at $12.97. Is it worth it or do you think the price will drop?

I just came back from ToysRus and Call of Duty 2 GOTY rang up at 29.99! Is the 9.98 price YMMV? Thanks.

Just picked up Rumble Roses....

Why! WHY! WHHHYYYYY!!!

I'm addicted to buying games !! Anyone want Rumble Roses?

RE: Call of Duty 2 GOTY - there was previous discussion about that in the thread - if I recall correctly, it had to do with how it was packaged (I think?) with the bonus DVD inside vs. outside. I could be wrong - search the thread...

Well, just went back to the local TrU and they appear to have done a minor restock, or pulled stuff out of the back, as they had a clearance bin full of DS games and some of the PSP stuff (Where none had been earlier in the week) and the DS section looked to have had a minor restock for the B2G1.

Picked up
Pirates of the Caribbean $9.98
True Swing Golf $9.98
Tony Hawk Sk8teland $0

Also found a copy of Pocket Racer for the PSP, bought it despite getting pretty bad reviews... anyone played it? Is it any good?

Picked up these yesterday which are not on the list:
GBA FF IV $6.48
GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story $12.98
PS2 Monster Rancher EVO $5 (marked $9.98)

So is this over now? Or would I be able to make a run over there today and get some cheap stuff still?

[quote name='Daran']So is this over now? Or would I be able to make a run over there today and get some cheap stuff still?[/quote]

These games are clearanced. They will remain this price until stock is cleared.

[quote name='sp00ge']True, but that doesn't happen, usually, for months after the clearance price hits. These just dropped, so there should be litle/no chance of them going back up anytime soon.[/quote]
Yeah, I know as I've seen a lot of GBA/PS2/Xbox games in TRU bins for months and months without any drops or raises. It's just a heads up in case anyone thinks that TRU clearance prices are set in stone like CC clearances.

[quote name='gregbales']Went today and picked up cod2 for 360 for 10 thnx guys[/QUOTE]

Lucky you, I went today and tried the 2 sku's available , the normal one and the one with the bonus maps+dvd and both rang 34$, ........

Although I grabbed a copy of Monster Rancher Evo for the ps2 for 5$, went to spec's and trade it for 17.40$, stayed with the credit since there was nothing of interest for me at the time, maybe on july 10 will use it to get that new Smashing Pumpkins album!!!!

Managed to end up with (after hitting 2 TRU's) Trace Memory, Metriod Prime Pinball, and PHEONIX WRIGHT (last copy at second store, WOOT WOOT!!!) and all for $20.00. Second store even gave me back $0.05 due to the fact they had to refund/re-sell everything in the B2G1 when I found Pheonix Wright due to lower sales tax. I also ended up with a Rumble Roses XXX for my 360. I dont know if the SKU was rigth on COD2 @ second store, but they had $9.98 posted in front of it.

On a side note I noticed @ both stores that most of the DS games were on the shelf still, not in bins (some were there to tho) and 360 games behind the counter (due to ratings I'm sure)

I went to my TRU store today and found almost every game on the list except Phoenix Wright. The sales associate even found out that the game was not even listed in their system. My store has several Suikoden Tatics, Tomb Raider Legends (GC), Nanostrays, etc. I will be willing to go back and buy any game you want and trade one-to-one for a brand new Phoenix Wright. Thanks!

[quote name='4tygames']I went to my TRU store today and found almost every game on the list except Phoenix Wright. The sales associate even found out that the game was not even listed in their system. My store has several Suikoden Tatics, Tomb Raider Legends (GC), Nanostrays, etc. I will be willing to go back and buy any game you want and trade one-to-one for a brand new Phoenix Wright. Thanks![/quote]

If it's not even showing in the stores system, that means it is LONG gone.

My store (in Canton, Ohio) had most of what was on the list... but I only picked up Lumines II, which they had like 13 copies of, lol. Thanks for the heads up.

Did ok..

Need for speed Most Wanted $9.98 XBOX
Crimson Skies Non PH $9.98 XBOX
Fifa World Cup '06 Germany $9.98 XBOX

Alot of sale games were behind the glass behind the counter and out of sight..I did see SCARFACE for XBOX for $15.99 YMMV on that. The lcerk was irritated I was reading those prices

[quote name='hcamacho']Lucky you, I went today and tried the 2 sku's available , the normal one and the one with the bonus maps+dvd and both rang 34$, ........

Although I grabbed a copy of Monster Rancher Evo for the ps2 for 5$, went to spec's and trade it for 17.40$, stayed with the credit since there was nothing of interest for me at the time, maybe on july 10 will use it to get that new Smashing Pumpkins album!!!![/quote]

Don't waste your money on the Pumpkins album, they went mainstream and their new album isn't really that good with the exception of maybe four songs. It's soooo dissapointing.

[quote name='Bhstickman']Don't waste your money on the Pumpkins album, they went mainstream and their new album isn't really that good with the exception of maybe four songs. It's soooo dissapointing.[/quote]

Yeah, it's ok, but definitely far from Siamese Dream. I did like Billy Corgan's solo album, though.

Isn't it true that only Jimmy Chamberlain and Billy Corgan are the only one's that got back together for this new album? That may explain why it's only so-so.

I picked up the following at the TRU in Clovis CA:

Rumble Roses XX $9.98 X360
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror $9.98 PSP

All of the games available were not marked. They had plenty of these in stock as well:

Nanostray
Mercery Meltdown
Tomb Raider Legend (GC)
Gunpey (DS & PSP)
True Swing Golf
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Outrun C2C
Sopranos
Crimson Skies

Last, but not least, they did have Perfect Dark Zero CE for $12.98 (3 of them in stock)

[quote name='shiningslade']Picked up these yesterday which are not on the list:
GBA FF IV $6.48
GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story $12.98
PS2 Monster Rancher EVO $5 (marked $9.98)[/QUOTE]

sucks i paid 20 for FF 4 never played yet

I think i got evo for 10 few xmas back. Im shocked they even have the game in your store anymore ... same with summon knight.

Summon is a great game part 2 is even better and twice as long

part 1 story can be beat in around 9 hours
part 2 is around 18 to 25

Picked up

Klonoa 3.50$
Legend of Heroes 2 9.99
Legend of Spyro Guide
Phoenix Wright 9.99

I have a few extra Phoenix Wright that I will sell for 15$ shipped if anyone is interested

Darn, I wish mine had had Legend of Heroes...though I did get Justice League Heroes, so I guess that makes up for it :)

Went to local TRU in Lewisville, TX. Tried to score a copy of Rainbow 6 Vegas Strategy guide for a penny. They had it locked in the cabinet behind the counter, it rung up for a penny, but they said they couldn't sell anything marked as a penny. It has to be shipped back to the warehouse. BUMMER...

aren't penny items are not to be sold to customers?? i remember working at macy's that everytime an item rang up as a penny, it would indicate that it's for sending them back to the company. for what i have know idea.

btw, i like rumble roses too, but how is the xbox 360 version??

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']aren't penny items are not to be sold to customers?? i remember working at macy's that everytime an item rang up as a penny, it would indicate that it's for sending them back to the company. for what i have know idea.

btw, i like rumble roses too, but how is the xbox 360 version??[/QUOTE]
In theory, that's how it's supposed to work...but that's not always the case.

Last year, when EB stopped selling used PC games, they were all pennied out of the system. I went into the store as soon as they opened on the first day of this, and they hadn't had time to yank the games. Thanks to an apathetic clerk and getting up early, I walked out with a HUGE bag of games. :D

If you're lucky, persistent, or get a clerk who doesn't know the rules, they might just sell you items for a penny. It's not a sure thing, but it's far from unprecedented.

Back on topic, the Metro Detroit area TRU stores seem to have none of these games in stock and I hate you all.

I nabbed a Syphon Filter last night, which was the one game I wanted off that list. Brookfield WI TRU had like a bazillion copies of Lumines 2 if anybody from the area is looking for one.

bread's done
Back