Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
No place around me had the Android labeled KitKats unfortunately. Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon Coins though. I got Sonic Jump and am banking the rest right now.

Sorry for such a late update, I've felt half asleep all day and it slipped my mind. Not much to speak of in terms of new sales, with The Secret Of Space Octopuses being the only one, dropping to $0.99 from it's very unusual starting price of $2.54.

Amazon's Free-App-of-the-Day is the cringe worthy Traktor Digger 2 (normally $1.99), which going off screenshots and reviews is nothing to bother with (unless you just want to grab something for free).

So far the most interesting deal this week I think is definitely the Humble Bundle with Android 7, which I would certainly recommend picking up if you haven't already for Ticket to Ride alone ^_^

Little Stars 2 is free today via AppGratis. From the 10 minutes I just played it seems like it might be a simple, yet fun little strategy game. You'll need to backup the app data yourself to preserve the full game unlock through a device wipe or data reset.

if Final Fantasy V didn't look like a horse's ass from the inside i might consider it.

I'll pick it up, but my god, another match-3 game?

Currently playing:

Simpsons Tapped Out

Dragons of Atlantis

Middle Manager of Justice

10000000 is shaq-fu'ing amazing. Finished it on Android *and* Linux months ago and I still can't get the music out of my head...

10000000 is shaq-fu'ing amazing. Finished it on Android *and* Linux months ago and I still can't get the music out of my head...
It sounds pretty awesome.

As someone new to Android, it's hard for me to find out about these games. They don't ever shoot way up the charts in popularity, so I end up glossing over a lot of them. Super Hexagon is another one I just realized is on Android that I've been dying to play. I'm sure there are many many more but they're just really hard to find on the store.

As someone new to Android, it's hard for me to find out about these games. They don't ever shoot way up the charts in popularity, so I end up glossing over a lot of them. Super Hexagon is another one I just realized is on Android that I've been dying to play. I'm sure there are many many more but they're just really hard to find on the store.
For whatever it's worth, here's a list of some of my favorite Android games:

Super Hexagon

Zen Pinball HD

Cogs

Snuggle/Smuggle Truck

7 Little Words

Cubistry

Time Surfer

I Am Level

Slydris

Canabalt

Totemo HD

I'm not including some great games that I can play on my desktop (e.g. NightSky, Aquaria, EDGE, etc.)

My kids love Pulse, Doodle Jump, Granny Smith & the Temple Run games.

For whatever it's worth, here's a list of some of my favorite Android games:

Super Hexagon

Zen Pinball HD

Cogs

Snuggle/Smuggle Truck

7 Little Words

Cubistry

Time Surfer

I Am Level

Slydris

Canabalt

Totemo HD

I'm not including some great games that I can play on my desktop (e.g. NightSky, Aquaria, EDGE, etc.)

My kids love Pulse, Doodle Jump, Granny Smith & the Temple Run games.
Thanks, I'll check out some of them. I have a few from Humble Bundles already, but I wish I had picked up all the Humble Android Bundles now.

Haha I love Doodle Jump too.

If you are having trouble redeeming those kitkat codes,found this in slickdeals

http://slickdeals.net/f/6316582-dead-free-google-play-5-credit-with-kit-kat-purchase-slight-ymmv?page=106

"If you enter a code and you win (whether it's free Kit Kat minis, a $5 code, or a Nexus) then you're done. However, if you enter a code and it says "Sorry, you didn't win" or whatever the losing message is, don't close that window. Click BACK in the browser which will take you back to the registration screen. Enter in new information (like you're playing a new code) and submit again. Do this until you win something. It may take a few tries, or it may take a lot more, but eventually you should win something with that code."

People who design the code/backend for big giveaways like the Kitkat thing don't ever seem to understand how to actually bug test... I guess it's better for the end consumers, but still pretty silly on their part.

I keep getting already netered when i try to reddem those KitKat codes :(

Any1 know when that walgreen sale on kitkats ends?

Samsung - Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Tablet with 8GB Memory - White  159.99 after gift card (179 before)

is it really worth it though  with black friday around the corner..  and the new kindle seems so much more powerful then this .

this  1.2GHz dual-core processor 

new  kindle   2.2GHz quad-core 

i think i wait  funny feeling these be 99 bucks  black friday  or junk within a year

No new sales on Google Play today. Amazon's Free-App-of-the-Day is Sci-Fighters (Normal Price: $1.29). They also put a ton of games on sale, most of which seem to be part of Square-Enix and Chillingo publisher sales:

Square-Enix Sale

FINAL FANTASY III - $15.99 $7.99

CRYSTAL DEFENDERS - $7.35 $3.66

SolaRola - $3.16 $1.58

Mensa Academy - $4.68 $2.34

CHAOS RINGS - $8.99 $4.99

CHAOS RINGS Ω (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $8.99 $4.99

Chillingo Sale

Robbery Bob - $1.99 $0.99
Flying Fox - $1.99 $0.99
Ninja Throw - $1.99 $0.99
Catapult King - $1.99 $0.99
Tiny Troopers - $1.99 $0.99
Super Knights - $1.99 $0.99
This Could Hurt - $1.99 $0.99
iBomber Defense Pacific - $1.99 $0.99
Contre Jour - $1.99 $0.99
Shaun the Sheep: Fleece Lightning - $1.99 $0.99
Grow Away! - $1.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous

Feed Me Oil - $2.99 $0.99

Draw Race 2 - $2.99 $0.99

I wish games/apps from Amazon wouldn't try to phone home so often. I don't have a data plan and if I'm not connected to WiFi, the app will close on me. Its the only reason I'm apprehensive about buying from Amazon anymore and prefer the Play Store.

I wish games/apps from Amazon wouldn't try to phone home so often. I don't have a data plan and if I'm not connected to WiFi, the app will close on me. Its the only reason I'm apprehensive about buying from Amazon anymore and prefer the Play Store.
I'm not sure I've ever had this happen to me besides when I first start an app. As far as I know I've only had to launch it once while connected and can then run it without a connection. At least I was able to do that earlier today with several apps I got through Amazon, but maybe it's different for certain apps.

Oh course I bought Chaos Ring from play store yesterday morning for full price...not a bad game.

Once in awhile AppGratis has some good freebies too.
Now that we have a new thread and someone taking care of the OP it's probably worth having a section for these apps that deal seekers should own.

There's AppGratis and App of the Day which often feature limited time freebies. Unfortunately App of the Day is UK only, but the apk can be grabbed from here. The deals themselves work for anyone, and is usually in the form of the code "appoftheday" but it's nice to have it installed and wake up to a notification of a new freebie.

Then there's AppSales to be notified of price drops.

Now that we have a new thread and someone taking care of the OP it's probably worth having a section for these apps that deal seekers should own.

There's AppGratis and App of the Day which often feature limited time freebies. Unfortunately App of the Day is UK only, but the apk can be grabbed from here. The deals themselves work for anyone, and is usually in the form of the code "appoftheday" but it's nice to have it installed and wake up to a notification of a new freebie.

Thanks for the info about the App of the Day. I was wondering why I none of my devices were compatible with it. Being a UK only app explains it. Thanks for the apk.

In case anyone was wondering where I found those games that offer free Amazon Coins, it was via the Amazon Appstore on my Kindle Fire HD. There are ads in the store that mention the free coins offers. Back when those 23 free apps had 20 Amazon Coins ($4.60 free) there was an ad that listed all those apps. I was surprised it lasted for a week.

There is a currently an ad that mentions buying certain indie games and earning Amazon Coins, but it doesn't seem to be offering any coins at the moment. Maybe they haven't updated it yet.

On your Kindle go to apps -> Store. Sometimes you can go to the games section of the store and it will have ads for sales or other offers.

If I spot anything good I'll post it here.

sucks my  kindle fire HD that i just got   JULY 28 2013   just blew up   i think.

it will no longer download

launcher fails to open (or load or whatever its called) 

and  the  screen is just froze half of the time

what sucks is i got it from best buy and they say  since they no longer carry that system they cant replace it.   I can only buy the new kindle  system and pay the 100 more for it.  Waiting for someone at the 800 line to call me back

Just go the warranty route.
see that is the thing i dont like. contacted amazon and they said even though i got the system at best buy they would REPLACE IT FOR FREE just toss the old system..

i think a 169.99 free system would throw so many red flags up on amazon it would trigger the ban hammer.

see that is the thing i dont like. contacted amazon and they said even though i got the system at best buy they would REPLACE IT FOR FREE just toss the old system..

i think a 169.99 free system would throw so many red flags up on amazon it would trigger the ban hammer.
How many other times have you abused Amazon recently?

Free Amazon Coins with the purchase of select indie games.

Link
Hmm...is this a whole different set of games than the first set? This is sweet, I may even buy a couple full priced games with all these free coins.

EDIT: n/m, didn't notice that "purchase" part, none of these are free games like the first set. Still, may still grab Super Hexagon from that list after Humble Bundle announces their bonus games.

This happens to me too often these days that I don't opt for all the free Amazon apps. I have enough things from Google Play or Humble Bundles to fill my 16 gigs.

IMHO, I wouldn't worry about it. Amazon doesn't really care about the price of their stuff as much as happy customers buying more stuff. Amazon has also stated that they are not interested in making money off of the Kindles - the content is their money-maker. And warranty replacements are there for the exact situation you are having.

How many other times have you abused Amazon recently?
on this account none... made up a 2nd account with my grandparents address since all of the times i preordered and never got my cash i made this account cause i heard if they ban you your kindle is a brick

best buy offered me a full refund when a manager comes in maybe i go that route.

sucks the system is not even 3 months old and its busted .. used it maybe 15 hours tops

There's a free version of Headless today via AppGratis. It's a recently released endless runner that's gotten some good buzz. Normally 99 cents.
It looks interesting. If you got it earlier it seemed to have ads in it. Looks like they did an update to remove the ads. So if you don't have automatic updates you might want to get the update manually.

I'd be open to adding all this to the second post of the OP, I'm pretty tired tonight though so it will have to wait a bit unless you feel like formatting it for me to cut and paste *hint hint* Thanks sharing these though, I've been using AppSales but didn't know about the others ^_^

And.....I'm done playing Dragons of Atlantis. After getting all my troops wiped out on a battle I had won numerous times before. I really don't feel like waiting a few more days to build up my resources, and then another few days to rebuild my troop strength back to where it was.

All the while being whittled down by players above my level. Joining an alliance didn't seem to help...

I got my first tablet, an Asus Memopad 10, last month so I am open to ideas and suggestions for new apps and games. Speaking of games, do you guys have any recommendations for a good Bluetooth game controller?

what are amazon coins

Basically reward credits for buying things from the Amazon App-Store. Each is worth $0.01 and can be used to buy apps.
Is this for anyone with an Amazon app or for Kindle users only?

Is this for anyone with an Amazon app or for Kindle users only?

It's for apps sold through Amazon, so any device that can install the app store can get them (or even straight through the site if you've previously linked a device) :)

bread's done
Back