Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Samsung - Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 Tablet with 8GB Memory - White  159.99 after gift card (179 before)

is it really worth it though  with black friday around the corner..  and the new kindle seems so much more powerful then this .

this  1.2GHz dual-core processor 

new  kindle   2.2GHz quad-core 

still thinking of getting one  BLACK FRIDAY.  would it be wise to buy a  3    OR do you think we will see a new model  come very soon.

if  the new kindles fall to around 150 black friday maybe.   the old ones are just too  junkie

I'd be open to adding all this to the second post of the OP, I'm pretty tired tonight though so it will have to wait a bit unless you feel like formatting it for me to cut and paste *hint hint* Thanks sharing these though, I've been using AppSales but didn't know about the others ^_^
Recommended Apps for Deals
Free Daily Apps
AppGratis

App of the Day - UK only app. Download the apk mirrored here and install manually.

Discounts

AppSales

Formatting related to resizing and coloring doesn't seem to copy/paste so well in CAG 3.0 so I left that part unmatched from your styling in the OP. Hack apart and rewrite as you please until it works for you.

Formatting related to resizing and coloring doesn't seem to copy/paste so well in CAG 3.0 so I left that part unmatched from your styling in the OP. Hack apart and rewrite as you please until it works for you.
Thanks, added it to the second post (will try and add more later). About Copy&Paste, a workaround is quoting a posting and switching to bbcode, then it doesn't take the background when you copy.

Thanks, added it to the second post (will try and add more later). About Copy&Paste, a workaround is quoting a posting and switching to bbcode, then it doesn't take the background when you copy.
When I did that with a chunk of your first post it also lost the size and color of the heading for a section.

I noticed the Amazon link to FFIII says Kindle edition. Anyone know if FFIII is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S4 phone? And, if it is, is it even good to play it on the phone? I don't have a Kindle Fire device and am looking for quality games to play on the phone. Thanks

If you have any recommendations for apps/sites you think should be added, please let me know and I will see to it...
If you have a Kindle Fire, I would recommend checking the app store on your device. Many times there will be ads for free Amazon Coins or other sales/offers. Also check the games section sub-directory of the app store for other ads with offers/freebies.

Free Amazon Coins with the purchase of select indie games.

Link

Currently you can earn 25 free Amazon Coins for killng 25 zombies in the free Android game Zombie Road Trip. It might only work for Kindle Fire users though.

The free game Mystery Manor (Kindle Tablet Edition) was giving 25 free Amazon Coins, but I'm not sure if it still does, because I don't see the ad anymore on my Kindle Fire HD.

Plants Vs Zombies 2 is live for the US!!!!!!

Sprinkle Islands is the free app of the day for Amazon.

Damn it! PvZ2 is not compatable with my Samsung Galaxy Centra or my first gen. iPad. Wtf. Well here's hoping it comes out on Vita soon.

Amazon's Free-App-of-the-Day

SketchBook Mobile - Normal Price: $1.99

New Google Play App Sales

The Walking Dead: Assault - $1.99 $0.99

HDR Camera+ - $1.99 $0.99

Most noteworthy is Amazon is running a Kindle Fire hits promotion where a handful of premium apps have been made free for today only, and also include 20 Amazon Coins:

Angry Birds Star Wars Premium HD (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $2.99

The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $1.99

Toca Builders - Normally $2.99

Diner Dash Deluxe - Normally $0.99

Fishdom Premium (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $4.99

Splashtop Whiteboard (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $9.99

Amazon's Free-App-of-the-Day

SketchBook Mobile - Normal Price: $1.99

New Google Play App Sales

The Walking Dead: Assault - $1.99 $0.99

HDR Camera+ - $1.99 $0.99

Most noteworthy is Amazon is running a Kindle Fire hits promotion where a handful of premium apps have been made free for today only, and also include 20 Amazon Coins:

Angry Birds Star Wars Premium HD (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $2.99

The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $1.99

Toca Builders - Normally $2.99

Diner Dash Deluxe - Normally $0.99

Fishdom Premium (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $4.99

Splashtop Whiteboard (Kindle Tablet Edition) - Normally $9.99
Nice. I'm back over 500 coins and I was thinking about a $5 app two days ago. Of course now that I've had time to think about it...

I'm also going to have my girlfriend purchase The Room on her dad's Amazon account. I think it's something he'll enjoy on his Kindle Fire.

Has anyone had any luck getting these "Kindle Edition" versions of the games to run on non-Kindle devices, like the Google Nexus?

Nice. I'm back over 500 coins and I was thinking about a $5 app two days ago. Of course now that I've had time to think about it...

I'm also going to have my girlfriend purchase The Room on her dad's Amazon account. I think it's something he'll enjoy on his Kindle Fire.
The Room is great, I got it from a Humble Bundle and it's one of the few Android games I've completed all the way through. Anyone that's a fan of puzzle adventure games should definitely grab it while it's free (to bad it's only the tablet version free today, but I believe the normal one was at one point as well). That reminds me there is apparently an epilogue level now, I need to get on that...

Has anyone had any luck getting these "Kindle Edition" versions of the games to run on non-Kindle devices, like the Google Nexus?
I was able to download, install, and play the Kindle Fire version of Diner Dash when it was offered for free on my ancient HTC Droid Incredible S. You should be able to install them even if your device isn't officially supported (thanks for not being so uptight like Google, Amazon), and considering the Nexus 7 is a good deal more powerful than the Kindle Fire they shouldn't have any problem running.

The Room is great, I got it from a Humble Bundle and it's one of the few Android games I've completed all the way through. Anyone that's a fan of puzzle adventure games should definitely grab it while it's free (to bad it's only the tablet version free today, but I believe the normal one was at one point as well). That reminds me there is apparently an epilogue level now, I need to get on that...

I was able to download, install, and play the Kindle Fire version of Diner Dash when it was offered for free on my ancient HTC Droid Incredible S. You should be able to install them even if your device isn't officially supported (thanks for not being so uptight like Google, Amazon), and considering the Nexus 7 is a good deal more powerful than the Kindle Fire they shouldn't have any problem running.
is the nexus 7 more powerful then the new kindles ?

i had to return my kindle HOPEFULLY though since its still link to my account (factory reset the system only) that means i can download all of these games to a new kindle i get in the future

Completely agree with squirrel (I also got it from HB). It's worth the asking price of free and then some.

is the nexus 7 more powerful then the new kindles ?

i had to return my kindle HOPEFULLY though since its still link to my account (factory reset the system only) that means i can download all of these games to a new kindle i get in the future
You might care to take a look at this: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-57608551-243/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-vs-nexus-7-vs-kindle-fire-hdx-7/

Technically the Kindle Fire HDX has a slightly better processor, but I'd still argue that the having the whole Android OS instead of the highly restricted modification that is the Kindle Fire OS is worth opting for the Nexus 7. And in any case the processors in both are still more than powerful enough for 90% of the apps currently released.

And yes you will be able to download all your previous apps, as they are tied to your Amazon account not your Kindle, and will also be downloadable on a non-Kindle device if you go that route.

Only games that look interesting are the Kindle ones, but I don't have a Kindle.  Still, I'll take all the coins.  Thanks NinjaSquirrel and other guys!

How does Vice City play on phones?  Seems like it would be tough as hell, but I'm still interested.

Wish Terarria was in Amazon's catalog and I'd pick that up with my free coins. 

If you already own some of these already and want to get the free Amazon Coins, you can just delete the app from your account at https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps?sort=b then just buy them again and it will give you the 20 Amazon Coins.

How does Vice City play on phones? Seems like it would be tough as hell, but I'm still interested.
Well how do you take to virtual joysticks? Personally I can't stand them (with the exception of League of Evil, which just works somehow), but if they don't bother you too much I've heard it's basically a feature complete experience, barring a handful of licensed tracks which have been cut from all the digital versions. Bare in mind though it's a huge file (for a mobile game), so if you don't have a ton of space it might not be worth it.

Yeah, some apps work, but some don't - I've had this happen to me before. In fact, I just tried to install The Room on my Nexus through the Amazon Appstore and I get "sorry, this app is not compatible with your device". Oh well, lots of other stuff to play.

Yeah, some apps work, but some don't - I've had this happen to me before. In fact, I just tried to install The Room on my Nexus through the Amazon Appstore and I get "sorry, this app is not compatible with your device". Oh well, lots of other stuff to play.
I tried Diner Dash from the Amazon Appstore on my Motorola Photon Q and it would load, and then just freeze and hang.

Most apps I get from Amazon run just fine, however.

You might care to take a look at this: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-57608551-243/ipad-mini-with-retina-display-vs-nexus-7-vs-kindle-fire-hdx-7/

Technically the Kindle Fire HDX has a slightly better processor, but I'd still argue that the having the whole Android OS instead of the highly restricted modification that is the Kindle Fire OS is worth opting for the Nexus 7. And in any case the processors in both are still more than powerful enough for 90% of the apps currently released.

And yes you will be able to download all your previous apps, as they are tied to your Amazon account not your Kindle, and will also be downloadable on a non-Kindle device if you go that route.
Really looking for a good deal on black friday BUT the ads i seen so far there are no Name brand on sale (maybe 20 or 30 off) the real cheap ones are off names pieces of crap.

i think i seen a samsung or whatever its called for 149.99 somewhere but nothing for the nexus

Really looking for a good deal on black friday BUT the ads i seen so far there are no Name brand on sale (maybe 20 or 30 off) the real cheap ones are off names pieces of crap.

i think i seen a samsung or whatever its called for 149.99 somewhere but nothing for the nexus
I think the Nexus can't really sell for much lower otherwise Google would be losing money on it.

I think the Nexus can't really sell for much lower otherwise Google would be losing money on it.
Yeah, I think the best deal to be found would likely be a gift card included with purchase, likely from Target. They did a similar thing for iPads last year, and I think it's a fairly good possibility they will extend them to other tablets this time.

ahhhhhh man i thought i found a great deal but it sucks 

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Google-Nexus-7-Tablet-with-32GB-Memory/21907347

Google Nexus 7" Tablet with 32GB Memory  for  199.99

but it looks like this is first gen  cause   this one  is  

• 1.2GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 T30L processor
  • 1GB system memory and 32GB
and the other one i found on 

best buy

Along with a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 8064 processor with a 2MB L2 cache and 1.5GHz processor speed allows you to stay connected and productive on the go.

the best buy one  sounds more powerful.

i did  get a nice deal  from best buy (about my system blowing up and   how i said it was  3 year replacment plan )  well  i just got a call back from the higher ups from best buy saying 

They should of offered me to repair the system  so  they giving me 100 buck gift card to go out and buy the new kindle  HDX   for 229   Since my kindle was only 129 when i got mine on sale. (workers at store said i had to pay 100 bucks more if i wanted to  replacment  tuesday night)

Hell  i was expecting them  to give me the  16 GB  hd fire   for 169  (40 bucks)   but they dude goes for all my trouble they will give me a 100 buck gift card to upgrade to the  hdx

since they  did that for me  going to need a new washer and dryer  i will now probally  buy  from best buy ..

HEADS UP ABOUT BUYING THE PROTECTION PLAN

i was told   if they did offer me the  169 system  for the busted system the  99.99 i paid for the 3 year replacement plan  would of been voided   even though i only use the  warranty for  3 months.  (so i would of lost that entire 100 bucks)     when i do buy another system i  highly doubt im going to buy the  warranty again.  I will just use a  credit card that  DOUBLES amazon one year warranty .

amazon with square trade has the best warranty. we've gone through 4 kindle fires in almost two years now.
they alwaus replace it in just a few days,
will probably upgrade this christmas.

amazon with square trade has the best warranty. we've gone through 4 kindle fires in almost two years now.
they alwaus replace it in just a few days,
will probably upgrade this christmas.
how do they replace it. Do they send you a new one or used one or cash (meaning can you get a warranty on the one they send you)

how do they replace it. Do they send you a new one or used one or cash (meaning can you get a warranty on the one they send you)
They send you a new one, and you have to send the old one in. It's well worth the money as it covers spills, drops, things like that.

(Our kids drop or throw, or spill things on the kindle fire all the time. Having the gumdrop case is a must as well)

http://www.amazon.com/2-Year-Protection-Accident-Coverage-All-New/dp/B00DQGIHNW/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1382808595&sr=1-1

Actually, there are a whole bunch of Halloween Gaming Deals on the App Store today.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_30004a5_halloween_gaming?hl=en
Thanks for the heads up! It seems most of these discounts are in the form of IAPs and various halloween themed content, so I wasn't sure exactly how or if they should be added to the OP. If anyone cares to chime in on how you feel about F2P premium content discounts being in the OP, or have suggestions on how to list it, I'm all ears :)

What task killers apps is everyone using? I need a "kill all apps button" task killer to free up every single RAM possible on my Gingerbread phone before I start any games but I hate how they all use RAM themselves (oxymoron) or don't have an easy "kill all" button.
- Easy Task Killer: restarts itself after killing it (8MB RAM sucker)

Anything better?

What task killers apps is everyone using? I need a "kill all apps button" task killer to free up every single RAM on my Gingerbread phone before I start any games but I hate how they all use RAM themselves (oxymoron) or don't have an easy "kill all" button.
- Easy Task Killer: restarts itself after killing it (8MB RAM sucker)

Anything better?
I use this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.taskmanager

I also use their file manager (also free): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

I don't think you actually want a "kill all" button...

I don't think you actually want a "kill all" button...
Nevermind, I found 'TasKiller free'. which works just enough.

Note for others: Use the "kill all apps" button (the header logo) then relaunch TasKiller again and press settings and then the 'Kill Me' button to permanently kill TasKiller (otherwise it'll use 17MB). The app itself loads fast so it's not a problem for an extra step before launching game(s) on slower devices that need all the RAM possible.

It can ignore apps if you really care about receiving specific app updates while playing your game(s) though... :/

New sales for today (thus far):

Google Play

GA5:Catacombs of the Undercity - $5.99 $2.99
Amazon Android Appstore

Free-App-Of-The-Day

Fish Jam - Normal Price: $0.99

BigFish Games Halloween Sale

Shiver: Poltergeist Collector's Edition - $2.99 $0.99

Hidden Expedition 4: Devil's Triangle (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $1.99 $0.99

Dark Parables: Curse of the Briar Rose Collector's Edition (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $2.99 $0.99

Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts Collector's Edition (Kindle Tablet Edition) $2.99 $0.99

Small Town Terrors: Livingston - $1.99 $0.99

Haunted Manor: Lord of Mirrors Collector's Edition (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $2.99 $0.99

Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst - $1.99 $0.99

Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $2.99 $0.99

Depths of Betrayal Collector's Edition - $2.99 $0.99

Shiver: The Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition - $2.99 $0.99

Grave Mania: Undead Fever - A Zombie Time Management Game (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $1.99 $0.99

Time Relics: Gears of Light - $1.99 $0.99

PuppetShow: The Mystery of Joyville - $1.99 $0.99

Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate - $1.99 $0.99

Shattered Minds: Masquerade Collector's Edition (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $2.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart - $4.99 $0.99

Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings - $4.99 $0.99

Magician's Handbook: Cursed Valley - $2.99 $0.99

OfficeSuite Professional 7 - $14.99 $4.99

Toca Cars - $2.99 $0.99

Haunted House: 3D Pop-Up Activity Book - $1.99 $0.99

NBA 2K14 (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $7.99 $4.99

Breach & Clear (Kindle Tablet Edition) - $3.99 $0.99

The House of the Dead: Overkill - $4.99 $0.99

I'm tempted by HOTD: Overkill - TLR but from the reviews I've seen it's really short with not much to do but upgrade the few weapons, and there's DLC on top of that to get everything out of the game.

Ah fuck me, just bought an app and realized it's not compatible with my "primary" device. Is there any way I can give back the license/get a refund like in the Google Play store?

Ah fuck me, just bought an app and realized it's not compatible with my "primary" device. Is there any way I can give back the license/get a refund like in the Google Play store?
You should be able to get a refund within 15 minutes. I've heard of people contacting CS and geting one beyond that window up to 24 hours.

info

edit: Just reread and saw the word "like" in there. I assume this is Amazon and not Google Play? No idea, sorry. Amazon's support is usually pretty good so it's worth a try.

bread's done
Back