Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that doesn't have Garou, get it now! I have it on both Android and Dreamcast. I much prefer the Dreamcast version because of the ability to use an arcade stick, but the Android version is still great.

Not a deal, but cool nonetheless, the gorgeous puzzle adventure game Pavilion launched on Shield TV and Tablet yesterday.

Reason why it's worth noting is that it came to the Shield devices BEFORE PC and PS4. It's $10, but then again most PC / console games ported to Shield have been "pricier" for mobile games.

The Room is now part of Amazon's Underground. I think it is Kindle/Fire tablet only still.

https://www.amazon.com/Fireproof-Games-The-Room/dp/B01LVTV7KQ/
This version seems to be multi-device. At least, it doesn't say anything about it being the special kindle/fire version, and the permissions include "Allows verification of Google app Entitlements".

The 99 cent "kindle Tablet Edition" is still on the store (instead of being replaced by the underground version like a lot of other apps have been when they get added to underground) and has different permissions.

This version seems to be multi-device. At least, it doesn't say anything about it being the special kindle/fire version, and the permissions include "Allows verification of Google app Entitlements".

The 99 cent "kindle Tablet Edition" is still on the store (instead of being replaced by the underground version like a lot of other apps have been when they get added to underground) and has different permissions.
I just guessed it was Kindle/Fire tablet compatible only since the "Compatibility with your devices" section has a red circle with white x next to every Android device I own. I haven't actually checked to see if it is available to install for any of those devices.

It shows that it is compatible with my LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014).  I own the Play Store version so I didn't bother with this one.

Sign up for Google Play Family Library and get a free game (Where's My Water?, Monument Valley, or Need For Speed Most Wanted) YMMV

I don't know if everyone will get this. Just figured I'd mention it in case others can get it.

When I started the Google Play store app on my phone there was an ad at the top mentioning a free game if you sign-up for the Google Play Family Library.

googleplay.jpg

Sign up for Google Play Family Library and get a free game (Where's My Water?, Monument Valley, or Need For Speed Most Wanted) YMMV

I don't know if everyone will get this. Just figured I'd mention it in case others can get it.

When I started the Google Play store app on my phone there was an ad at the top mentioning a free game if you sign-up for the Google Play Family Library.

googleplay.jpg
I didn't get the ad, but you can do this by going into 'Account' in Google Play, and then 'Family.' After which, under 'Rewards,' you can choose one game, either "Where's My Water?", "Monument Valley," "Teen Titans - Go," "Need for Speed: Most Wanted" or "Carcassonne." I'm leaning towards Teen Titans, because I have the other three and Most Wanted on Vita (plus the mobile version seems to have download issues, which I experienced with Hot Pursuit). Anyone play Teen Titans? Does it work well on a tablet, because it seems to be designed for the verticality of phones.

I didn't get the ad, but you can do this by going into 'Account' in Google Play, and then 'Family.' After which, under 'Rewards,' you can choose one game, either "Where's My Water?", "Monument Valley," "Teen Titans - Go," "Need for Speed: Most Wanted" or "Carcassonne." I'm leaning towards Teen Titans, because I have the other three and Most Wanted on Vita (plus the mobile version seems to have download issues, which I experienced with Hot Pursuit). Anyone play Teen Titans? Does it work well on a tablet, because it seems to be designed for the verticality of phones.
I wish I knew that Teen Titans - Go and Carcassonne were other options. I already had Monument Valley from Amazon. Oh well, now I have have it for Google Play. :)

Thanks for mentioning how to get it even if you don't have the ad. :)

I wish I knew that Teen Titans - Go and Carcassonne were other options. I already had Monument Valley from Amazon. Oh well, now I have have it for Google Play. :)

Thanks for mentioning how to get it even if you don't have the ad. :)
Sadly, I have no unclaimed rewards... Probably because I was an early adopter.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

When I started the Google Play store app on my phone there was an ad at the top mentioning a free game if you sign-up for the Google Play Family Library.

googleplay.jpg
Well screw me I just did the family thing a couple of days ago for a program I wanted to give my wifey and mom. Go to rewards and get the shaft: "You have no unused rewards for this account"

Thanks. I bought it just now since it said that it will work on Shield TV. I hope that's the case. Will the game automatically download to my device when I boot it up on Thursday?
You should be able to download it right now.

As for the Shield TV, I tried playing on it and the controller really doesn't work on the menus. If you fiddle around enough and get to the actual game, the controller works perfectly.

Hoping this is something that's fixed by Thursday's official launch.

You should be able to download it right now.

As for the Shield TV, I tried playing on it and the controller really doesn't work on the menus. If you fiddle around enough and get to the actual game, the controller works perfectly.

Hoping this is something that's fixed by Thursday's official launch.
I've sideloaded a few Shield TV games that I've had to navigate through their menus with a mouse and then play the actual game with the controller, so it won't bother me as long as I'm able to use the controller in-game. Shine Runner is one of my favorite Shield TV games, and it falls into this category.

Only 6 episodes and these are all on Netflix, but what the hell. I had Google Play credits burning a hole in my pocket because of of Google Opinion Rewards.

I didn't realize Google Play Movies & TV Shows also qualify for the Family Library. I thought it was only apps.

I've sideloaded a few Shield TV games that I've had to navigate through their menus with a mouse and then play the actual game with the controller, so it won't bother me as long as I'm able to use the controller in-game. Shine Runner is one of my favorite Shield TV games, and it falls into this category.
How do you use a wireless keyboard/mouse with the shield? I tried just putting in the usb dongle and it didn't work on an android keyboard/mouse unit that's worked with everything else I've used.

I also was wondering about using the right stick as a mouse pointer on the Shield TV. Thought you could click on it to set it to "mouse mode". But maybe I'm thinking of my PSTV.

Really should give you some way to temporarily switch to a pointer.

How do you use a wireless keyboard/mouse with the shield? I tried just putting in the usb dongle and it didn't work on an android keyboard/mouse unit that's worked with everything else I've used.
I've only used a wired mouse and I plugged it into one of the USB ports on the back of the unit. But Shield TV is really finicky when it comes to certain types of add-ons. Hate to say this, but the guys on the Reddit Shield TV thread might be better at answering your question than me.

I was able to navigate the menu using the D-pad of the Shield Remote.

I also was wondering about using the right stick as a mouse pointer on the Shield TV. Thought you could click on it to set it to "mouse mode". But maybe I'm thinking of my PSTV.

Really should give you some way to temporarily switch to a pointer.
Just tried it. The right stick can't be used as a mouse. Though you can use the Back and Play buttons.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/halloween2016/

Halloween is approaching...

Trick-or-Treat, Trainers!

It’s Halloween season and we have a treat for you! From October 26th to November 1st, you’ll earn double the amount of Candy every time you catch, hatch and transfer Pokémon! Don’t forget your Buddy Pokémon, because they will help you earn Candy four times as fast.

[SIZE=15.2px]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2Dq6FcMjU[/SIZE]

If you encounter more spooky Pokémon than normal, don’t be startled, they want to enjoy the fun too! Scare up some friends, grab your buddy and enjoy this spooky, fun celebration with us!

Happy Halloween!

The Pokémon GO team

Nvidia Shield Game Sale

https://shield.nvidia.com/blog/halloween-games-sale

The Guest (70% Off)
Sale Price: $2.99
Regular Price: $9.99

Virginia (10% Off)
Sale Price: $8.99
Regular Price: $9.99

Grim Fandango Remastered (66% Off)
Sale Price: $5.09
Regular Price: $14.99

Dead Island: Definitive Edition (40% Off)
Sale Price: $11.99
Regular Price: $19.99

Dead Island Riptide: Definitive Edition (40% Off)
Sale Price: $11.99
Regular Price: $19.99

Day of the Tentacle Remastered (40% Off)
Sale Price: $8.99
Regular Price: $14.99

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (61% Off)
Sale Price: $11.69
Regular Price: $29.99

When you dl an app from the play store or Amazon, where does the apk file go? There's some games and apps I seem to not be able to find from the store on the shield but can from other devices. I would like to be able to side load then.

When you dl an app from the play store or Amazon, where does the apk file go? There's some games and apps I seem to not be able to find from the store on the shield but can from other devices. I would like to be able to side load then.
Maybe there's a better answer, but whenever I need an .apk for an app to sideload on another device that supposedly doesn't support it, I use ES File Explorer to make a back-up and it creates an .apk that I can use. I had to do that with Pokemon Go, since Moto E 2nd edition isn't compatible (app isn't found in Google Play), but it runs just fine sideloading it.

bread's done
Back