Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great. Thanks for sharing that these are on sale. I'll report back when I can about the table prices in-app.

Nice. Looks like they're half off on both Google Play and Amazon. Tempted to grab the South Park and TWD tables for my Fire...maybe Bob's Burgers, too...haha
I can confirm that they are half off via the Zen Pinball app on Amazon.Likely the same for the Google Play version, although I haven't tested that. I've been buying mine via the Amazon version since I still have tons of Amazon Coins.

I got the Portal table and all of the FOX Digital Entertainment tables. Each table was 99 Amazon Coins ($0.99)

Is 249 coins a good price for the Women of Power combo tables? That's half off too, right?

I can confirm that they are half off via the Zen Pinball app on Amazon.Likely the same for the Google Play version, although I haven't tested that. I've been buying mine via the Amazon version since I still have tons of Amazon Coins.

I got the Portal table and all of the FOX Digital Entertainment tables. Each table was 99 Amazon Coins ($0.99)

Is 249 coins a good price for the Women of Power combo tables? That's half off too, right?
Thanks finally found something to spend my 500 Amazon Coins on picked up some tables but didn't restore all of my old tables like the Marvel tables I picked up when the app was called Zen Pinball HD oh well all were bought with free Amazon Coins anyways.

Not to leave without posting something:

Apps
Nova Launcher Prime: $0.99 from $4.99

Password Manager SafeInCloud: $2.99 from $4.99

Facetune: $0.10 from $1.99 (no sale in US)

Moon+ Reader Pro: $2.49 from $4.99

Slide for Reddit Pro: $1.99 from $4.00

Lightning Launcher: $1.99 from $4.99

franco Kernel updater 2: $2.99 from $3.99

Games
Ravensburger Puzzle: $0.99 from $2.99

Downwell: $0.99 from $3.00

Reigns: $0.99 from $2.99

Temple Run: Oz: $0.10 from $1.99 (no sale in US)

The Walking Dead Pinball: $0.99 from $1.99

South Park Pinball: $1.99 from $3.99

Portal Pinball: $0.99 from $1.99

Marvel Pinball: $0.49 from $0.99 (bought too bad Amazon version doesn't work on Google)

Teeny Titans - Teen Titans Go: $0.99 from $3.99 (Picked this up because Cartoon Network games ftw)

Card Wars - Adventure Time: $0.99 from $3.99 (Picked this up because Cartoon Network games ftw)

Evoland: $1.99 from $4.99

WWE 2K: $2.99 from $7.99

NBA 2K17: $2.99 from $7.99

Civilization Revolution 2: $2.99 from $9.99

XCOM: Enemy Within: $2.99 from $9.99

Puddle +: $0.99 from $3.49

Leo's Fortune: $1.49 from $4.99

Rusty Lake Hotel: $0.99 from $1.99

Rusty Lake: Roots: $1.99 from $2.99

Mr. Robot:1.51exfiltrati0n.apk: $0.99 from $2.99

The Walking Dead: Michonne: $1.99 from $4.99

Adventures of Mana: $6.99 from $13.99

Secret of Mana: $3.99 from $8.99

FINAL FANTASY IV: AFTER YEARS: $7.99 from $15.99

CHRONO TRIGGER: $4.99 from $9.99

FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS: $6.99 from $13.99

FINAL FANTASY III: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY IV: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : WotL: $6.99 from $13.99

FINAL FANTASY VI: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY V: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY: $3.99 from $7.99

FINAL FANTASY II: $3.99 from $7.99

CHAOS RINGS Ⅲ: $9.99 from $19.99

Bloons TD 5: $0.99 from $2.99

Bean's Quest: $0.99 from $2.99

The Lords of Midnight: $2.49 from $4.49

EXILES: $3.49 from $6.99

Goat Simulator GoatZ: $0.99 from $4.99

Legend of the Skyfish: $1.99 from $3.99

Ravensword: Shadowlands: $3.49 from $6.99

One they missed:

Armpit Hero: VIP $0.10 from $0.99 (had to buy only 10 cents not a bad time waster)

A bunch of shield TV games are on sale through the Nvidia hub. I noticed it linked me to Legend of Skyfish to purchase through Google Play so I am not sure if that first portal there is all Google play games or what. Sorry I can't post links but I don't have em.

Random stuff ranging from 33%-75% off
Gonner
Exiles
Heroes of Loot
American Dad Pinball
Archer Pinball
The Uncertain
Party Hard
Riptides of Renegade
Contrast
Chariot
Q.U.B.E.
The Talos Principle
And someone's favorite game Space Grunts

I am sure this was mentioned somewhere before but since it's so many (and there are more, seriously check it out), I figured it beared repeating.

Thanks finally found something to spend my 500 Amazon Coins on picked up some tables but didn't restore all of my old tables like the Marvel tables I picked up when the app was called Zen Pinball HD oh well all were bought with free Amazon Coins anyways.

Not to leave without posting something:

Apps
Nova Launcher Prime: $0.99 from $4.99

Password Manager SafeInCloud: $2.99 from $4.99

Facetune: $0.10 from $1.99 (no sale in US)

Moon+ Reader Pro: $2.49 from $4.99

Slide for Reddit Pro: $1.99 from $4.00

Lightning Launcher: $1.99 from $4.99

franco Kernel updater 2: $2.99 from $3.99

Games
Ravensburger Puzzle: $0.99 from $2.99

Downwell: $0.99 from $3.00

Reigns: $0.99 from $2.99

Temple Run: Oz: $0.10 from $1.99 (no sale in US)

The Walking Dead Pinball: $0.99 from $1.99

South Park Pinball: $1.99 from $3.99

Portal Pinball: $0.99 from $1.99

Marvel Pinball: $0.49 from $0.99 (bought too bad Amazon version doesn't work on Google)

Teeny Titans - Teen Titans Go: $0.99 from $3.99 (Picked this up because Cartoon Network games ftw)

Card Wars - Adventure Time: $0.99 from $3.99 (Picked this up because Cartoon Network games ftw)

Evoland: $1.99 from $4.99

WWE 2K: $2.99 from $7.99

NBA 2K17: $2.99 from $7.99

Civilization Revolution 2: $2.99 from $9.99

XCOM: Enemy Within: $2.99 from $9.99

Puddle +: $0.99 from $3.49

Leo's Fortune: $1.49 from $4.99

Rusty Lake Hotel: $0.99 from $1.99

Rusty Lake: Roots: $1.99 from $2.99

Mr. Robot:1.51exfiltrati0n.apk: $0.99 from $2.99

The Walking Dead: Michonne: $1.99 from $4.99

Adventures of Mana: $6.99 from $13.99

Secret of Mana: $3.99 from $8.99

FINAL FANTASY IV: AFTER YEARS: $7.99 from $15.99

CHRONO TRIGGER: $4.99 from $9.99

FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS: $6.99 from $13.99

FINAL FANTASY III: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY IV: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : WotL: $6.99 from $13.99

FINAL FANTASY VI: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY V: $7.99 from $15.99

FINAL FANTASY: $3.99 from $7.99

FINAL FANTASY II: $3.99 from $7.99

CHAOS RINGS Ⅲ: $9.99 from $19.99

Bloons TD 5: $0.99 from $2.99

Bean's Quest: $0.99 from $2.99

The Lords of Midnight: $2.49 from $4.49

EXILES: $3.49 from $6.99

Goat Simulator GoatZ: $0.99 from $4.99

Legend of the Skyfish: $1.99 from $3.99

Ravensword: Shadowlands: $3.49 from $6.99

One they missed:

Armpit Hero: VIP $0.10 from $0.99 (had to buy only 10 cents not a bad time waster)
No FF IX love :bomb:

I purchased leos fortune yesterday, and i was really excited to try it out. Using touch controls during the first act was frustrating. Playing the second act (water levels) with touch controls made me uninstall it. Too bad, I feel like many people have enjiyed it. Perhaps its the older android device i was using, but the framerate seemed smooth...

I purchased leos fortune yesterday, and i was really excited to try it out. Using touch controls during the first act was frustrating. Playing the second act (water levels) with touch controls made me uninstall it. Too bad, I feel like many people have enjiyed it. Perhaps its the older android device i was using, but the framerate seemed smooth...
Leo's Fortune is better with a controller even though it only uses left or right as the controls. Great looking game though!

Still a ton of games on sale on iOS that are not on sale on Android including newer ones like Party Hard Go ($2:99 on iOS). Hopefully, more Google Play deals are coming.

Also annoyed that Bully still doesn't have Shield TV support. And what the hell with Downwell? It has controller support and has been out forever. Would love to have that on Shield TV for a buck.

I know they can be sideloaded but still...

Guess the Google gods were listening. Party Hard Go just hit $2.99 on Android too.

Oh, the Shield TV version is "on sale" for $7.75. Yikes.

The Go version is also compatible with Shield TV and it's not like it's a graphical powerhouse. Wonder if there really is any difference.

What tablets do you all use? I just bought a Nvidia Shield tablet since I got a good deal on it, but I'm considering trying to find a good deal on a Nexus 9 instead. I think I want something a little bigger and I prefer the 4:3 format.

What tablets do you all use? I just bought a Nvidia Shield tablet since I got a good deal on it, but I'm considering trying to find a good deal on a Nexus 9 instead. I think I want something a little bigger and I prefer the 4:3 format.
I have a Shield Tablet and while many others have had no issues, mine has been a piece of crap and it was replaced already due to WiFi issues. It has a great processor but poor build quality IMO. YMMV.

Shield TV is a much better product, but not a tablet obviously.

I have a Shield Tablet and while many others have had no issues, mine has been a piece of crap and it was replaced already due to WiFi issues. It has a great processor but poor build quality IMO. YMMV.

Shield TV is a much better product, but not a tablet obviously.
Yeah, mine seems okay, I'm just not sure if it's what I'm looking for in a tablet. I love iPads, but I much prefer Android.

So bought Party Hard GO and it looks like it would work for Shield TV but cannot get past a stupid screen asking what type of input you want to use when the controller clearly works in the background.

So bought Party Hard GO and it looks like it would work for Shield TV but cannot get past a stupid screen asking what type of input you want to use when the controller clearly works in the background.
The majority of Shield owners don't know that some touch screen enabled games will only work on Shield TV if you plug in a mouse and use that instead of using the controller. Have you tried that? I have the mouse from my old PC plugged in as a secondary control method. In fact, that's the only way to play Angry Birds and Jetpack Joyride on Shield TV.

I would also like to recommend GoNNER which is on sale for $6.69 to any Shield TV owners. Yes, it's pricey but it's fun. It's kind of like Alien Hominid, Limbo and Spelunky had a baby - a 2D side-scrolling shooting platformer with minimalist graphics and lots of enemies and you can't see the stages until they've formed right in front of you. My kind of game.

Also, if you buy a game on Google Play and hate it, you can uninstall it if it's been less than 2 hours since you bought it and get a refund. So, I recommend trying it out. I really dig this game!

The majority of Shield owners don't know that some touch screen enabled games will only work on Shield TV if you plug in a mouse and use that instead of using the controller. Have you tried that? I have the mouse from my old PC plugged in as a secondary control method. In fact, that's the only way to play Angry Birds and Jetpack Joyride on Shield TV.

I would also like to recommend GoNNER which is on sale for $6.69 to any Shield TV owners. Yes, it's pricey but it's fun. It's kind of like Alien Hominid, Limbo and Spelunky had a baby - a 2D side-scrolling shooting platformer with minimalist graphics and lots of enemies and you can't see the stages until they've formed right in front of you. My kind of game.

Also, if you buy a game on Google Play and hate it, you can uninstall it if it's been less than 2 hours since you bought it and get a refund. So, I recommend trying it out. I really dig this game!
Yeah, I was able to get past Party Hard by playing in the background but found the game less than what I had expected. Refunded even for the $3.

But I also picked up GoNNER and absolutely love it. Takes a bit to figure out some stuff. Reminds me a bit of Downwell, but better. Great, great game. Highly recommend people check it out and can always refund if their feeling isn't mutual. Probably one of my favorite games of the year from what I've played (and stayed up way to late playing).

Yeah, I was able to get past Party Hard by playing in the background but found the game less than what I had expected. Refunded even for the $3.

But I also picked up GoNNER and absolutely love it. Takes a bit to figure out some stuff. Reminds me a bit of Downwell, but better. Great, great game. Highly recommend people check it out and can always refund if their feeling isn't mutual. Probably one of my favorite games of the year from what I've played (and stayed up way to late playing).
Yeah, GoNNER is gonna be one of those hidden gems for the Shield TV. A few more Android sales have appeared which is bad for me since I've spent more on Google Play in one week this week than I had all year before now.

Hotlap Heroes (Shield TV exclusive) - $1.99

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pea.hotlapheroes

Beatbuddy - $1.99

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=unity.threaks.beatbuddy.android

Lost Echo - $1.49

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KickBack.LostEchoAdventure

The Silver Bullet - $1.49

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.byulbram.SilverBullet

Star Traders RPG Elite - 99 cents

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.corytrese.games.startraderselite

Arma Tactics THD - 99 cents:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ideagames.at

That Rocket League clone needs too many permissions for me to feel comfortable installing it. I'm sure most people won't care (and are probably right).

Hyperdevbox has put all of its apps on sale including ExZeus, ExZeus 2, Generation of Chaos, Indy 500, LoveCatch, Record of Agarest War Zero, Record of Agarest War, and Spectral Souls:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev?id=7375063890083235293

With the exception of the first ExZeus and LoveCatch, all are playable on Shield TV. And, here's a bit of trivia - ExZeus 2 is the same game as Counter Force on the Wii which was developed on the Naomi hardware aka the Dreamcast. It's a much better game than many people realize!

Thanks for all of the posts, josekortez! Just added a few more games to my Shield TV library!

Do you know anything about The Silver Bullet? Is it decent? The price seems good!

Thanks for all of the posts, josekortez! Just added a few more games to my Shield TV library!

Do you know anything about The Silver Bullet? Is it decent? The price seems good!
I bought The Silver Bullet. It's a slow, more methodical twin stick shooter with a female hero who fights zombies. Nice production values for a mobile title. And, yes, it is Shield TV compatible.

I'd recommend picking up as many of these Shield TV compatible titles as possible for cheap since it might be months until some of these games go on sale again. Owning Shield TV typically means feast or famine when it comes to game sales.

For reference, here's a list of Shield TV compatible (and incompatible) games although it isn't all inclusive:

http://amiga32.com/satv/

Didn't know about the Wii connection but bought ExZeus 2 ages ago and it is a great game. Haven't played it in my Shield TV though. Need to give it a try!

Silver Bullet is great IMO. It's a little rough around the edges but overall is very well done and gets challenging. It's even more amazing that I believe it was developed by one person.

Another game I need to play on Shield TV. Might be able to get past a tough boss battle with physical controls. :)

HaloGX, it looks like you're a Dreamcast fan from your profile pic. ExZeus is an arcade style on-rails shooter. IMO, it would have been a decent addition to the Dreamcast's library.
Indeed I am. Though going by the few reviews of Counter Force, it looks like the DC dodged a bullet. Heh.

Okay, so is there a list of the top 5 android games, regardless how old? I haven't done much android gaming and I'm looking to toss some games on my tablet. I have all the Kingdom Rush games, so tower defense is set.

Okay, so is there a list of the top 5 android games, regardless how old? I haven't done much android gaming and I'm looking to toss some games on my tablet. I have all the Kingdom Rush games, so tower defense is set.
Any top 5 Android games list from the Internet will likely include games that everyone has heard of such as Angry Birds and Pokémon Go, so I decided to do a list of my favorites in each genre.

Best strategy game - Battle for Polytopia:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.midjiwan.polytopia

Almost no one has heard of this game, but it's the closest that you can possibly come to playing the Civilization series on mobile without playing the Civ Android game. Build up your civilization, gather resources, fortify your cities, and take over other civilizations. Best of all, it's free to play with no bad permissions. It's even playable on Shield TV with the controller, although I would recommend plugging in a mouse too to get the best control.

Best RPG - Space Grunts:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orangepixel.spacegrunts

I've mentioned this game before in this thread, but that's only because it's my favorite mobile game of all time. It goes on sale now and then, but it's well worth the asking price. You're trapped on a space station and have to use turn based battles with real time attacks in order to kill enemies and move on to the next stage. Yes, it's a roguelike, but that only adds to the playability. And, there are countless secrets hidden in the stage. Because you can't play it once and be done with it, you can go back to it over and over and over. Then, post your high scores to the leaderboard.

Best 3D fighting game: Soul Calibur:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.namcobandaigames.soulcaliburgp

Yes, it's the original game that was on Dreamcast, but there isn't another fighting game that comes close to it on mobile. Smooth as butter, and a visual showpiece for any mobile device that can run it. I still play it on my Galaxy Tab 2, so it should work on pretty much anything. The only complaints are that it's an expensive game and that Weapons Master mode has been stripped out. I bought it for $9.99 when it first came out and then it went back up to $13.99, and I don't think it ever went back on sale.

Best 2D fighting game: Garou: Mark of the Wolves:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.snkplaymore.android013

Another title that was on Dreamcast that is mind-blowing on mobile if you have a controller. You need a sturdy D-pad for this one, but it's a really good port. SNK's games go on sale now and again, though, so no hurry.

Best horizontal shmup: Dariusburst - SP:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.taito.am.dariusBurstSP

Buy it while it's still on sale, which it is at the moment. I just bought it the other day, and I am really enjoying it. Of course, it doesn't have a lot of competition either since there aren't many horizontal shmups on Google Play. Branching paths like the previous titles, neat power-ups, and I think this is an all-new game or at least an arcade port that I hadn't played before. For some reason, I wasn't able to get the assets to download to play it on Shield TV, but my Galaxy Tab 2 and my Mad Catz M.O.J.O. will run it with no problems.

Best vertical shmup: Sky Force Anniversary:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.idreams.skyforcehdtv

Yes, you're constantly shooting at waves of enemies, but the challenging part is rescuing the people who are strewn around the stages. Also, it's not a bullet hell game, which makes it fun enough to play if you don't have a large playfield to look at. It's also free to play and works well with a controller, which is good.

Best platformer: Rayman Jungle Run:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pastagames.ro1mobile

It's been surpassed by the sequel, Rayman Fiesta Run, which is equally good, but this game runs on all my Android devices, so it should run on a potato if it has a screen. Fiesta Run doesn't. Looks just like the PS3/Xbox 360 games, and it plays just as well. Reasonably priced.

Best racer: Asphalt 8 - Airborne:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftA8HM

Everyone hates Gameloft, and they should since you will probably hit a paywall sooner than later with this one, but until then, you'll have a great time. This game mixes Need for Speed with Burnout, so I had a ball with it. The tracks are mind-melting for a mobile game. I still go back to it quite often, and I haven't spent a dime on it.

Best online first person shooter: Shadowgun: DeadZone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.madfingergames.deadzone

This game is the Halo of the Android world. Free to play, and I've spent many hours just playing games online as a guest. If you like taking other gamers out with a BFG, this is the game to play.

Damn, dude. Thank you!

Yeah, That's like exactly what I meant: obviously not angry birds or other gameloft titles, and wow did you deliver.

I also had no idea that soul caliber existed on android! Looks like I'll need to find a google play credit deal now ;)

Damn, dude. Thank you!

Yeah, That's like exactly what I meant: obviously not angry birds or other gameloft titles, and wow did you deliver.

I also had no idea that soul caliber existed on android! Looks like I'll need to find a google play credit deal now ;)
Thanks for reading all that. I used to write video game reviews for my local newspaper years ago, and I drummed all that out this morning before I went to work. And, I might be the hardest core of all the Android users who frequent this thread since I own a Shield TV, a Shield Portable, an Ouya, a Mad Catz MOJO, a Galaxy Tab 2, and a JXD 7800. So I've played a lot of Android. Great thing with Google Play Store is that you have 2 hours to refund any games you don't like which is plenty of time. I'd love to know which games other posters consider their favorites though!

Not a deal but since there are other Shield TV owners here, The Witness and Tomb Raider (remake) are coming natively.

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-launches-new-shield-tv-the-most-advanced-streamer

Supposedly at CES The Witness was said to be coming this month.
I saw that The Witness was on the way through Shield Hub, but I didn't know Tomb Raider was coming too, so thanks for the heads up! Hopefully, both will release at a discount. I try to support these types of big budget ports in hopes that they will bring more of them to Shield TV. It really is an underrated system!

Best strategy game - Battle for Polytopia:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.midjiwan.polytopia

Almost no one has heard of this game, but it's the closest that you can possibly come to playing the Civilization series on mobile without playing the Civ Android game. Build up your civilization, gather resources, fortify your cities, and take over other civilizations. Best of all, it's free to play with no bad permissions. It's even playable on Shield TV with the controller, although I would recommend plugging in a mouse too to get the best control.
Thanks for this one! I've played most of the others, but I am digging this Civ-lite style game!

bread's done
Back