Animal Crossing gift available for download at Toys R Us

Hollow Man

CAGiversary!
Nintendo and Toys 'R Us are teaming up to hand out some virtual gifts through Animal Crossing: Wild World. The gifts available, which are implied to include Mario in one way or another, number six, however only one will be available to download per town. You'll have to trade for the others. The process with which to acquire one of said six items goes:

Insert your Animal Crossing: Wild World Game Card into your Nintendo DS. Power up.

Purchase Bottle Mail at Tom Nook's Shop.

Write a message and release your Bottle Mail into the river or at the beach. Save and end your game.

Visit the specially marked Animal Crossing: Wild Word promotion in the video-game section of your nearest Toys 'R Us July 23-30. At the main menu, tap Tag Mode.

Watch and wait for something to arrive in your town!

Restart your game and comb the beach for Bottle Mail containing a special rare item!

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/07/18/animal-crossing-gift-available-for-download/

-HM

I didn't even know my TRU had a download station. If you only get one of the special items, wouldn't you have to trade it away to get one of the other remaining five?

[quote name='espy605']I didn't even know my TRU had a download station. If you only get one of the special items, wouldn't you have to trade it away to get one of the other remaining five?[/QUOTE]

I believe all TRU's got download stations installed last week.

I'm having Animal Crossing withdrawals. :shock:

But now that I know I can do that, I just need to figure out if my TRU has a download station.

Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I don't want to go into TRU... I used to work there, and I hate having to do a stop and chat.[/quote]

No need to enter the store. Simply go up to a complete stranger outside the store, hand them your DS, and explain to them what you want them to do.

:D

[quote name='espy605']I didn't even know my TRU had a download station. If you only get one of the special items, wouldn't you have to trade it away to get one of the other remaining five?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they'll be available for some ridiculous amount of money over eBay.

[quote name='Hollow Man']Go to another TRU store!

-HM[/QUOTE]

That's easier said then done. I have ONE TRU within 50-60 miles of my house. It's about 75-80 miles for me to get to a TRU I don't hate.

Here's the details:

During what Toys 'r Us is declaring July 23 through July 29 "Free Download Week." During this time, Nintendo DS Download Stations at all Toys "R" Us stores nationwide will let fans download exclusive Mario-themed items.

By setting your system in "Tag Mode," you'll be able to score items such as the 1-up mushroom, star, fire bar, goal flag, question box and pipe. These items can then be displayed in any Animal Crossing. They also can be given away or sold at Tom Nook's, but keep in mind that these items can't be purchased in-game. So if you dispose of the items, good luck trying to get them back.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/720/720009p1.html

I'm guessing they mean "fire ball" :whistle2:k

[quote name='gaelan']what's the range on those stations? i'm wondering if i can just do a drive by a dl this.[/QUOTE]

well when the dl stations first came out me and my fiance both downloaded brain age from the best buy late at night after they'd closed the store and even pulled down these metal doors in front. We just pulled right up front and her ds (pink import) downloaded fine from inside the car - my ds (silver us model) we had to get out and stand right outside the car to get a signal.

It took me an hour and a half, but I got all 6 items. I have a few duplicates, if anyone wants to trade.
You CAN have all 6 in one town.
They are.. Warp pipe, 1-up mushroom, Starman, ? block, Firebar, and the Flagpole.

[quote name='petersen98374']It took me an hour and a half, but I got all 6 items. I have a few duplicates, if anyone wants to trade.
They are.. Warp pipe, 1-up mushroom, Starman, ? block, Firebar, and the Flagpole.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you just kept sending out a bottled message after every download.

Nice to hear you can get multiples as well, since some people may want more than 1 of some things.

My girlfriend got the green pipe and starman. We'll probably go back at the end of the week so she can have time to get the rest.

-HM

[quote name='petersen98374']It took me an hour and a half, but I got all 6 items. I have a few duplicates, if anyone wants to trade.
They are.. Warp pipe, 1-up mushroom, Starman, ? block, Firebar, and the Flagpole.[/QUOTE]

Are there any certain items your lookig to trade for?

[quote name='js1']Are there any certain items your lookig to trade for?[/QUOTE]

I have extra green pipes, firebars, and stars. If anyone needs them I would trade for anything interesting. I just started playing, so I don't have very much stuff. Or some bells. I still owe 15,000. And I need a bigger house for all my new items!

so i followed the directions to the t. walked around tru with the ds in my pocket. when i got in the car and opened it up, i was informed that i had received a new item. opened up the inventory to check out which unique item i had gotten. it was mail from somebody named harvey that said "hi".

wtf? is that an in game feature or did i connect to somebody's ds? the store was pretty empty. does every tru have one of these stations cause i sure didn't see one in the games dept. they do have a demo ds.

[quote name='gaelan']so i followed the directions to the t. walked around tru with the ds in my pocket. when i got in the car and opened it up, i was informed that i had received a new item. opened up the inventory to check out which unique item i had gotten. it was mail from somebody named harvey that said "hi".

wtf? is that an in game feature or did i connect to somebody's ds? the store was pretty empty. does every tru have one of these stations cause i sure didn't see one in the games dept. they do have a demo ds.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like there was another DS using tag mode in the store.

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']Sounds like there was another DS using tag mode in the store.[/quote]

so can i not dl the items when another ds is in tag mode?

I spent some time getting items today, it didn't take as long as I thought it would, but I had 8 bottles ready to go, so I didn't have to run to Nooks. I have a few fire bars going in my house, those are my favorite so far, too bad they don't knock you out like a scorpion would.

There was no one else with a DS there, so I didn't have any tag mode problems. Gaelan, it sounds like you got unlucky and went into tag mode the exact time he did, I'm sure he ended up with your message and is asking who the hell you are.

so can i not dl the items when another ds is in tag mode?

I think your DS just tagged with whatever it came into contact first, in this case, someone else's DS.

In my case, I was at the store, and my DS wouldn't detect the TRU no matter what. I tried using it as a download station to download demos and that worked, but AC tag mode? No go.

[quote name='espy605']I think your DS just tagged with whatever it came into contact first, in this case, someone else's DS.

In my case, I was at the store, and my DS wouldn't detect the TRU no matter what. I tried using it as a download station to download demos and that worked, but AC tag mode? No go.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was disappointed.

Hmm, I was looking at the AC Ahead forums, and apparently, downloading from the download station gives you the possibility of your next neighbor being one of the secret monkey neighbors. Apparently, you get a letter from Katrina, and as long as you don't go online or connect to another DS, the monkey will move in the next available slot.

http://acforums.megadoomer.com/viewtopic.php?t=82720

Ok, I dunno what I was doing wrong. I went down to TRU and released bottle mail. I saved then went to tag mode and almost immediately it said something had arrived. So I went to my town but everytime it was the same Bottle mail I had just released coming back to me. I tried 4 times and it was the same thing. Anyone have any ideas why?

Weird. I've never had my bottle mail come back to me. A couple of times I got strangers' mail, but other than that, not my own.

[quote name='Undertaker4eber']Ok, I dunno what I was doing wrong. I went down to TRU and released bottle mail. I saved then went to tag mode and almost immediately it said something had arrived. So I went to my town but everytime it was the same Bottle mail I had just released coming back to me. I tried 4 times and it was the same thing. Anyone have any ideas why?[/QUOTE]
cannedpasta over at GameFAQs described the setup process that includes a bunch of options, which explains why people are having problems getting all six items or even getting their bottle mail bounced back.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=920786&topic=29481510
As far as the AC:WW Download card is set up, when you start it up, you get a menu with these selections:

MNK00
MNK01
MNK02
MNK03
MNK04
MNK05
RANDOM
RELAY

So, while I was at work today (I work in the R-Zone at my local TRU), I decided to figure out what each choice did. Here are the results:

MNK00 = ? Block
MNK01 = 1-Up Mushroom
MNK02 = Green Pipe
MNK03 = Flagpole
MNK04 = Firebar
MNK05 = Starman
RANDOM= This is the default setting. It's also self-explanitory
RELAY= Sends the bottle mail back to the user.

So, I spent most of my shift getting certain items, just because I could... lol.

I'm hoping that after this week we get to keep the card. We got to keep the NIntendogs one with the special item on it, so hopefully we can keep this one too. If so, I will be able to get anyone any of the items that they want.

As it stands now, I will be getting as many as I can handle in my town throughout the week.

Just to remind everyone, today is July 30, which means that it is the last day before this promotion ends. Go to TRU and download any remaining items (or doubles ;)) you need. Who knows when these items will be available again.

The last day should be the 30th, though I have heard of a few TRUs that have already turned theirs off.

Visit the specially marked Animal Crossing: Wild Word promotion in the video-game section of your nearest Toys 'R Us July 23-30. At the main menu, tap Tag Mode.

i was able to get all the items yesterday. the first TRU didnt have the right cart in, the second one worked fine. my guess is that you can probably still get em today depending on how lazy your local TRU is.

I was only able to get 4 of the items, and a monkey moved in!

I still need the Starman, and Firebar, I have duplicates of everything else if we must trade. PM me. :)

[quote name='yukine']I was only able to get 4 of the items, and a monkey moved in!

I still need the Starman, and Firebar, I have duplicates of everything else if we must trade. PM me. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey Yukine! I've got extras if you want 'em... I picked up a ton of crap over the past week.

[quote name='Scobie']Hey Yukine! I've got extras if you want 'em... I picked up a ton of crap over the past week.[/quote]

Sounds good, I need the complete collection!

bread's done
Back