Animal Crossing New leaf $29.99 @ Kmart w/ $20.30 SYWR Points Store P/U Only

Terpsfan428

CAGiversary!
[attachment=1392:SYWR.PNG]

Kmart has Animal Crossing New leaf for $29.99 and is currently showing over $20 in return points for SYWR members. Add item to cart to see the return points. Store pick up only!

Placed an order for pick up of DKCR3D. Had a coupon for $5 reward on $30 purchase so I added an $.80 candy bar and am due $25.31 in credits. Going to feel kind of stupid picking up a candy bar.
For my $10 off $30, I added a packet of Kool Aid for $0.16. The 20k+ points posted as soon as I completed the store pickup and I turned around and used them for a free movie I've been wanting for ages that they had for $20, when Amazon and everywhere else I've seen always charges $30. Between this and the Best Buy B1G1@50% Nintendo sale, it's been a good morning for deals.

Ok, can I please get some clarification. Sorry if I'm slow this afternoon. We should all be basically getting "$30" (between the discount + reward), right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, can I please get some clarification. Sorry if I'm slow this afternoon. We should all be basically getting "$30" (between the discount + reward), right?
The intended deal was $5 in Shop Your Way credits with 3DS game purchase.

For Donkey Kong Country Returns and Animal Crossing it was awarding $20 in rewards by mistake.

If you purchased either of the above two games with a second 3DS game it was awarding $30 in rewards.

Wow, you were right @srac84. They gave me $40 in points. This is a GREAT deal, OP. Thank you. I wonder why more people aren't jumping on it.

Maybe for Donkey Kong, but playing Animal Crossing felt like a job instead of a game for me. And this is from someone who plays tons of grinding required games

Maybe for Donkey Kong, but playing Animal Crossing felt like a job instead of a game for me. And this is from someone who plays tons of grinding required games
No, you're right. I have absolutely no interest in Animal Crossing, so I'm debating whether to return it or trade these in at Gamestop. I already have DK on wii. Hell, I wonder if they'd let me exchange these for games I actually want, lol. Regardless, there is a deal to be had here...I just haven't figured out how it'll benefit me the most.

if you place two separate orders, do you get 2x $20 in points?

the reason i ask is because i placed an order for animal crossing this morning then donkey kong and now i see the $20 in points for donkey kong but not for animal crossing...also i didn't pick up my orders yet...maybe it'll be added once i pick up the games?

For my $10 off $30, I added a packet of Kool Aid for $0.16. The 20k+ points posted as soon as I completed the store pickup and I turned around and used them for a free movie I've been wanting for ages that they had for $20, when Amazon and everywhere else I've seen always charges $30. Between this and the Best Buy B1G1@50% Nintendo sale, it's been a good morning for deals.
What $10 off $30 coupon are you talking about? Is this also online?

Not sure if some of you have a coupon but when i checked my SYWR it had a coupon to give me $10 back in SYWR points if i spent $50. So i got AC and DK and got $40.60 in SYWR points back.

Well that's fantastic, didn't realize that Kmart would let you order something and give you two days to pay for it in store instead of using a CC/PayPal.  Finally ordered both and should be getting $40.60 in points from it.

I purchased DK and AC for in store pick up in separate orders. Both items showed that I'd earn 20,xxx (~$20) in points while the items wer in my cart, during checkout, on the order confirmation page and in the order confirmation e-mail.

I recently got confirmation that my items were ready for pickup and it shows I got the 20,xxx points for the first order (DK) but only 5,xxx for the second order (AC) despite my order confirmation showing that I'd get 20,xxxx.

Still not a bad deal but certainly not what I wanted/was expecting

Both AC and DC are out of stock so i'll do in store pick up.
How long does it usually take to get your points?

Both AC and DC are out of stock so i'll do in store pick up.
How long does it usually take to get your points?

Do you also need to be a Shop your way Max Member to get and keep points? My Max membership is gonna expire in about a week.
Should show up the same day. Most of my in store purchases show up by the time I get home and the one time they didn't I had to call them and get it fixed.

Max is just the free shipping thing kind of like Amazon Prime.

Well I'm getting max $15 back now with the combo of DK and AC. IDK why but has it been fixed? Was going to order two more since someone posted about the whole trade 2

IDK why but has it been fixed?
I just checked and it says that if I buy either I'll be getting another $20 in points. Really tempted to order more.

Edit- I just checked my email and finally got the confirmation from the first order and it has another coupon for $10 in points when I redeem points! I think they're just trying to give me all the Animal Crossings and Donkey Kongs.

Shop your way rewards is not honoring the deal. I had to call them because I placed multiple orders and all orders after the first only received 5300 and not 20300. 15,000 points supposedly comes from a glitch thinking its a preorder and 5000 comes from the legit $5 back promotion. No matter how far up the supervisor ladder I talked to, SYWR would not honor what my Kmart order said and called it a glitch and how the points at check out are only an estimate.. I told them their estimate is pretty bad if it says 20300 before i checkout and i only receive 5300.

The names I remember talking to are:

Amanda-

Stephanie- employee #5726

Sheila- not there but Stephanie said I could leave her a voicemail.

I just checked and it says that if I buy either I'll be getting another $20 in points. Really tempted to order more.

Edit- I just checked my email and finally got the confirmation from the first order and it has another coupon for $10 in points when I redeem points! I think they're just trying to give me all the Animal Crossings and Donkey Kongs.
What? So how many points did they give you?

Huh, i used $8 in points that i had on my account to pay for part of the order but my order email shows this.[attachment=1407:kmart.jpg]

Shop your way rewards is not honoring the deal. I had to call them because I placed multiple orders and all orders after the first only received 5300 and not 20300. 15,000 points supposedly comes from a glitch thinking its a preorder and 5000 comes from the legit $5 back promotion. No matter how far up the supervisor ladder I talked to, SYWR would not honor what my Kmart order said and called it a glitch and how the points at check out are only an estimate.. I told them their estimate is pretty bad if it says 20300 before i checkout and i only receive 5300.

Amanda-

Yeah that's basically what my experience is (I haven't called CSR yet). I would just try and cancel the orders but I paid using a combination of GC and SYWR points and I can only imagine the clusterfuck that would be trying to get those back on an online order.

Uh... I don't know WTF you guys are talking about with these points you are getting, but when I add either DK, AC - NL, and/or Lego - CU to my cart, it shows me that I'll be "earning" a bonus of -250,000 (that's -$250.00 worth of) points! What the hell is that all about?!

I already have 23,652 points in my SYWR account from previous purchases, and I too applied the $10 in points coupon to this potential purchase, but it's showing me that huge negative figure in bonus points that I'll get if I go through with this purchase. This sucks... I know it's a glitch, but what if SYWR CS doesn't help me sort it out afterwards?!  

I cancelled my order because of the problem above that i posted and i'm still deciding if i should reorder.
Have any of you actually gotten the 40,000 points yet?

I placed an order around 7:00 pm est for DKC + 2 toys, DKC is pickup and the toys would ship, total was around $54. The total number of points the order said I'd receive is $35. $20 I guess coming from DKC, $10 from a "$10 points for $50 spent" coupon, and I'm not sure where the remaining $5 is coming from. I got an email confirming pickup for DKC at 8:46, checked my points and I got the $30 added. I'm guessing the remaining $5 will post once they ship out the toys.

Seems to be working for me.

Uh... I don't know WTF you guys are talking about with these points you are getting, but when I add either DK, AC - NL, and/or Lego - CU to my cart, it shows me that I'll be "earning" a bonus of -250,000 (that's -$250.00 worth of) points! What the hell is that all about?!

I already have 23,652 points in my SYWR account from previous purchases, and I too applied the $10 in points coupon to this potential purchase, but it's showing me that huge negative figure in bonus points that I'll get if I go through with this purchase. This sucks... I know it's a glitch, but what if SYWR CS doesn't help me sort it out afterwards?!
You should buy as many of those as you can!

Amanda-

oh damn i just realized that too... it's showing 25505 pts.... i used a remaining $9 balance for AC... os it was $22.37 w/ Tax + $5 SYWR.... i can't imagine how this will work if i return the game.... $22.37 + $5 isn't too bad... i'll just keep it :p

You should buy as many of those as you can!
What? No I don't think you understand. The 23K+ points that I have were there from before (previous purchases made days ago). That has nothing to do with these glitch(es). But now, when I try to buy, it threatens to give my SYWR account a HUGE NEGATIVE balance of MINUS $250 (- 250,000 points!). So why would I buy? It's almost as if they're telling me, you better NOT buy, or else! LOL!

What? No I don't think you understand. The 23K+ points that I have were there from before (previous purchases made days ago). That has nothing to do with these glitch(es). But now, when I try to buy, it threatens to give my SYWR account a HUGE NEGATIVE balance of MINUS $250 (- 250,000 points!). So why would I buy? It's almost as if they're telling me, you better NOT buy, or else! LOL!
I think I understood perfectly and want to know what happens when you have several thousand dollars in negative points and then call them.

Interestingly if I place them separately They come up $20 in points, however if I combine them it's only $30 for both.

I have Animal Crossing:  New Leaf in my Cart right now, but it is showing that I would get -9700 SYWR Points for ordering.  I take it this means that the deal is currently over for Animal Crossing:  New Leaf and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D?  Or is the deal for $20 back in SYWR Points per order still working okay?  Thanks for any help in advance.

I think I understood perfectly and want to know what happens when you have several thousand dollars in negative points and then call them.
Oh, I see. LOL! Well I'd rather not subject myself to that experiment. As if SYWR customer service wasn't bad enough with the long hold times, especially during the holiday season. And then you have to explain to someone that the system somehow screwed you, when they are generally more inclined to believe that customers screw themselves with their impulsive shopping and returns.

In the end, it would've been sorted out I'm sure... but it would've taken a while, and I'd probably have had to explain the situation to multiple individuals in their hierarchy if indeed "thousands of dollars" needed to be adjusted.

I have Animal Crossing: New Leaf in my Cart right now, but it is showing that I would get -9700 SYWR Points for ordering. I take it this means that the deal is currently over for Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D? Or is the deal for $20 back in SYWR Points per order still working okay? Thanks for any help in advance.
Have you read my previous posts? When I try to go through checkout, it tells me that I'll get - 250,000 (yes that's right, NEGATIVE 250,000 points) if I go through and complete the purchase.

What I don't like is that the order says I will get 20 off for both of them but they changed the terms without letting me know first.  I am leaning heavily to returning the one with only 5 dollars off because that is not cheap enough for me.

Went ahead and got DK with the $20 back; I mean it's more or less a B1 G1 50% off if I was going for games (which is really the only reason I ever shop at Kmart).  I didn't see any usable coupons anywhere, though.  Then I linked a Visa card for another $7.  I like free money.

It seems it is stacking with some coupon we all had loaded. I can't get it to replicate today, so that's what I'm thinking was the reason for that.

BTW, I got w different get X in points from Sears or KMart coupons and they never work no matter what I'm buying. One is for $10 points on $50 and other is $20 points on $75. Always tells me invalid, ugh.

As a result of my order of ACNL last night, I now have -39,700 points credited to my account.  At least when I try and apply them it doesn't increase the cart price by $39.70.  They do nothing.  Getting on with chat now.

So I'm guessing those that ordered with a

Earn For Next Order

-XX,XXX points

are screwed?  adding AC, DK, and LEGO (separately) all had a -34,xxx points "earned".  both AC and DK in cart made it -29,xxx earned.

It seems it is stacking with some coupon we all had loaded. I can't get it to replicate today, so that's what I'm thinking was the reason for that.

BTW, I got w different get X in points from Sears or KMart coupons and they never work no matter what I'm buying. One is for $10 points on $50 and other is $20 points on $75. Always tells me invalid, ugh.
I'm still showing it as $20 in points right now so who knows.

So I'm guessing those that ordered with a

Earn For Next Order

-XX,XXX points

are screwed? adding AC, DK, and LEGO (separately) all had a -34,xxx points "earned". both AC and DK in cart made it -29,xxx earned.
At least you're not that one guy who was going to get -250,000 per order.

bread's done
Back