Animal Crossing New leaf $29.99 @ Kmart w/ $20.30 SYWR Points Store P/U Only

Terpsfan428

CAGiversary!
[attachment=1392:SYWR.PNG]

Kmart has Animal Crossing New leaf for $29.99 and is currently showing over $20 in return points for SYWR members. Add item to cart to see the return points. Store pick up only!

I'm still showing it as $20 in points right now so who knows.
Do you mean your cart shows "Earn for next order 20,000 points" when you added one of the games?

Tried out more combos.

LEGO -44,712

* (AC or DK only) -39,700

AC/DK -29,400 (-19,400 with $10 off $50 spent coupon)

*/LEGO -34,413 (-24,413 with coupon)

AC/DK/LEGO -29,113 (-19,113 with coupon)

Do you mean your cart shows "Earn for next order 20,000 points" when you added one of the games?

Tried out more combos.

LEGO -44,712

* (AC or DK only) -39,700

AC/DK -29,400 (-19,400 with $10 off $50 spent coupon)

*/LEGO -34,413 (-24,413 with coupon)

AC/DK/LEGO -29,113 (-19,113 with coupon)
When I go to my cart with New Leaf in it the thing says that I'm earning $20.30 towards another purchase.

What the tits

wF5QXEI.jpg

Showed the $20 worth of points in my cart, so I pulled the trigger. Then I go to get Fling Smash on my next order (which convenently doesn't say SOLD OUT ONLINE until you're two screens deep about to pay) for free using my points... but no points?! Oh no has this CAGER been HAD?! Online CSR chat bot-guy Armand reassured me that the points may take an hour to process. And if they still haven't, to then contact the Rewards department: 1-800-991-8708

I'm still showing it as $20 in points right now so who knows.

At least you're not that one guy who was going to get -250,000 per order.
Exactly! I'm that guy, and that's precisely why I DIDN'T go through with my order ONLINE. I knew it would be a total hassle to get this sorted out with SYWR CS afterwards.

I did however rush down to my local K-Mart and did earn quite a bit of POSITIVE bonus points for buying DK and AC: NL there. At the store if you buy them together, you also get a $5 K-Mart award gift card for making a purchase of $50 or more in addition to the SYWR points.

Hey Kmart, fuck you and your stupid untrained employees.  Went to pick my order up and had no idea what they were doing so they somehow managed to cancel my online order and just ring out my held items.  So now I'm only supposed to be getting $10 worth of points, have two coupons wasted, have to go back and return the games, no money in my bank account to order another set, and in the end no games and no points.

Hey Kmart, fuck you and your stupid untrained employees. Went to pick my order up and had no idea what they were doing so they somehow managed to cancel my online order and just ring out my held items. So now I'm only supposed to be getting $10 worth of points, have two coupons wasted, have to go back and return the games, no money in my bank account to order another set, and in the end no games and no points.
Really? So when you bought the games in-store after having your online order cancelled, they just gave you the $5 SYWR (as advertised) for each game? I guess this means that they must've fixed the glitch. It's a good thing I got there last night, as I was able to get much more in bonus points with my in-store purchase. The cashier even noticed it and she was like "hmm... that's weird... they gave you that many bonus points?!" I just smiled back at her. LOL!

After i picked up my games last night my account showed i had $35 in rewards points. Didn't get the 40 but i was still ok with it.  I placed a order to get a free copy of super mario world 3d last night. So far my order in still stuck on processing so i am curious if it will even ship.

For the ppl whi have negative points did u buy something before earn points then yse the points to buy something then return the item you originally earned points on...that's probably why you have a negative balance

I only got 25,000 points for buying AC and DK instead of the 30,000 
Should i try calling them or would they take away the points?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the ppl whi have negative points did u buy something before earn points then yse the points to buy something then return the item you originally earned points on...that's probably why you have a negative balance
No. Just a weird glitch with the order.

I only got 5K for each game... instead of 20K. I'm guessing it's a lost cause but I guess I'll start complaining. 

I only got 5K for each game... instead of 20K. I'm guessing it's a lost cause but I guess I'll start complaining.
It may take a while and several calls. Don't let them give you the "someone will get back to you within 30 days" crap. I haven't started bothering them yet for this but I had a much larger points discrepancy for a valid offer a while back and it took several phone calls to get someone who seemed willing to do anything.

It may take a while and several calls. Don't let them give you the "someone will get back to you within 30 days" crap. I haven't started bothering them yet for this but I had a much larger points discrepancy for a valid offer a while back and it took several phone calls to get someone who seemed willing to do anything.
Unfortunately, my work schedule makes it difficult to make these types of calls. I'm out of the house 7:30AM until 6:00PM and hate making calls on the train (don't wanna bother people). I guess I'll have to see if they have weekend hours.

Hey Kmart, fuck you and your stupid untrained employees. Went to pick my order up and had no idea what they were doing so they somehow managed to cancel my online order and just ring out my held items. So now I'm only supposed to be getting $10 worth of points, have two coupons wasted, have to go back and return the games, no money in my bank account to order another set, and in the end no games and no points.
Hot damn! LOL. I'm not laughing at you, but at Kmart/Sears' incompetence. And they wonder why no one wants to step into their shitty stores. I'd give customer service a call. Can't see how they wouldn't fix this. Call the rewards people, which is a completely separate thing.

I would do it but the only close pickup location is in the hood.  This location has bars on the Pharmacy.  Nothing screams hard about Animal Crossing.  I guess I will pass on the deal. 

Unfortunately, my work schedule makes it difficult to make these types of calls. I'm out of the house 7:30AM until 6:00PM and hate making calls on the train (don't wanna bother people). I guess I'll have to see if they have weekend hours.
Their call hours are actually decent. They're still open now.

Telephone:

8 AM-11 PM CST, 7 days a week, except for certain holidays

Damn, thanks. Those are much better than expected.
Don't get your hopes up. They are almost always completely useless.

Edit: It took me about an hour on the phone to get the points. I had taken screenshots of the order confirmation page because they've never given me the correct amount of points without a huge hassle. I only got the points by providing the screenshot.

So my copy of Mario Land 3D i order almost two days ago is still showing processing that i ordered with my $35 in points.  Looks like i might have to call them later today.....

Went in store sunday bought two $25 gift cards and got the two $10 gift cards as bonus. Monday night I ordered animal crossing and dkcr in two separate in store pick up orders, using the gift cards for each. I picked up yesterday and this morning account shows another $41 in points. With another $2 pending from buying the gift cards, paid $60 and got back $53 in store credit. Thanks op!

Btw...when I made the order the screen did show that I'd get negative 25 some odd thousand points from the order but it all sorted itself out after pick up late last night.

How long did it take you all to get your points?

Edit: I got off an online chat with one of the reps and he said it would take 7-10 business days... Should I try another person?

They cancelled my order, and told me to replace it via customer service on phone, etc. Dammit!! There goes MIcro-Mini-Gamers Gate!

I don't believe this but... they actually adjusted my account after a few emails. The girl helping me just asked for a screen shot of my claims that I should have received 20,000 points each. I sent my order status page and just got an email saying it was adjusted. My account shows the correct points now. 

Never thought I'd get this resolved. 

No. The negative points are only shown as what WILL be earned that could then be spent towards a FUTURE purchase if I should go through with this order. When I add either AC: NL, DKCR, or LEGO - CU to my cart, it shows that I'll be earning a huge negative bonus point figure, (- 250,000) if I go through with this purchase. So far, this has discouraged me from placing an order online. But I was able to buy these games in-store and got some nice POSITIVE bonus points, although it wasn't as much as 20K for each game.

No. The negative points are only shown as what WILL be earned that could then be spent towards a FUTURE purchase if I should go through with this order. When I add either AC: NL, DKCR, or LEGO - CU to my cart, it shows that I'll be earning a huge negative bonus point figure, (- 250,000) if I go through with this purchase. So far, this has discouraged me from placing an order online. But I was able to buy these games in-store and got some nice POSITIVE bonus points, although it wasn't as much as 20K for each game.
What did it break down to?

I don't believe this but... they actually adjusted my account after a few emails. The girl helping me just asked for a screen shot of my claims that I should have received 20,000 points each. I sent my order status page and just got an email saying it was adjusted. My account shows the correct points now.

Never thought I'd get this resolved.
Which email?

How long did it take you all to get your points?

Edit: I got off an online chat with one of the reps and he said it would take 7-10 business days... Should I try another person?
The "points will post in X days" excuse is CSR's first line of defense to get a customer off the phone. Outside of a few exceptions points should post immediately on purchases. May differe on in-store pick up orders though.

What did it break down to?
If you're asking about the negative point bonus that K-mart.com shows me, basically it breaks down as follows.

- Ordering any 1 of the following games (AC - NL, DKCR, or LEGO CU), it shows: Earn - 249,700 points for SYWR.

- If I order 2 copies of any one game in OR if I order 1 copy of 2 of these games, then it shows: Earn - 244,400 points for SYWR.

- If I order 3 copies of any one game (and I believe that's typically the limit online) OR if I order 1 copy of all 3 games, then it shows: Earn - 239,100 points for SYWR.

So basically, if I order 1 copy of 1 of these 3 games, it's giving me the 300 base points and then a whopping NEGATIVE (- 250,000) "bonus" points. However, if I order more copies, or add on the other 2 titles, then for those additional games it correctly applies the base and 5K positive bonus points that I'm supposed to get for each game/copy. BTW, if I order any other game (1 copy or more) besides these 3, then it also correctly applies the base and 5K bonus points per title/copy right from the outset. And finally, if I input the code for the "$10 back in points for spending $50 or more" coupon, then it also applies the 10K points to the huge negative point balance and lessens it by 10,000.

If you were instead asking about the points that I got from the in-store purchase, for which I used my "$10 back in points for spending $50 or more" coupon, I basically got 600 in base points, and 20K in bonus points for buying DKCR and AC - NL together in one transaction. This seems legit, because 10K of the bonus points came from the coupon, and then there were 5K bonus points awarded for each game I purchased (which is the special offer that they have on this week). And I also got a $5 Kmart gift card for spending more than $50, which is another frequent weekly special offer that Kmart has every now and again.

Picked up my Animal Crossing (online order) in-store. Used my $20 in reward bucks to pick up the last Star Fox 3D for $9.99.

So, arguably two great 3DS games for $30 with $10 left in Kmart dollars. Countless blessings unto you OP!!!!

needs to be marked dead. 

surprised to see people have been getting help so easily.  It's been months since I've been trying to get points for a preorder (think it was $20 in points for preordering)?  I emailed them directly several times and no response; I had previously emailed same address months prior about the same situation for other games. 

Funny thing is, I got a call from a corporate guy about another issue I had (sent email to a different address I found) trying to get an open order canceled which had like $30+ in points tied up.  Will have to call them when I have the time.

Well I just fixed it myself.  Returned their screw up, took the cash, deposited it into the bank, came home and ordered both separately for $40.60 worth of points.

I contacted them through the SYW website. Go to http://www.shopyourway.com/, click the "contact us" button in the lower right, and then click the Support tab. I don't know if it mattered, but I did not rate them.

I contacted them last night and it was resolved by this afternoon today. Good luck man, I hope you get it your issue resolved.
Thanks for bringing this up since I was ready to return the game that didn't have the $20 bonus applied. I contacted them at the SYWR site and sure enough they fixed it without any fuss.

bread's done
Back