Animal Crossing New Leaf

Turned on the Bells ordinance and went island hunting last night. Was able to get two full baskets last night and went on a day run this afternoon. Now I have nearly 1mill in the bank.

How does the Reggie's house/spotpass/HH showcase thing work anyway? I always visit and the place is empty. I don't get it.
You have to make sure SpotPass is on. Check your settings in the main menu of AC:NL Also make sure to exit all the way out of the game so the 3DS can pick up the SpotPass.

Reggie has a creepy bed in his house:

gallery_1032_137_6212.jpg

Server maintenance..... really??  I have Katrina in town and need people to visit and get fortunes read.  Her shop is the only one I need to unlock.  

I've decided to do the Bell Boom ordinance during the week and the Night Owl during the weekend.  Paid off the final expansion of my house today so now gotta build up the cash reserve.

And thanks to those that came by last night and took all the fossils.  Hopefully you took the ones that were needed.

Edit: Gates are open. Come get your good luck fortunes read. Silver shovel in my museum shop to the first one to visit that wants it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turned on the Bells ordinance and went island hunting last night. Was able to get two full baskets last night and went on a day run this afternoon. Now I have nearly 1mill in the bank.
Oh snaps! I just signed the bells ordinance last night. I'm awaiting to see how much I rack up during tonight's island run.

Also, I don't know how the police station came about, it was just a part of the suggestions of public works.

I think he has an entire room like this, iirc
Are you talking about this room?

tumblr_mophjqnm8Q1qzp9weo1_400.jpg

I meant to post this the other night, but Bavgate and I were both very successful at catching Coelacanths!

tumblr_moxg3qwsjD1sxszpvo1_400.jpg

I was playing on the island tonight, and had to have my sound turned off. Either my reflexes are bad, but I missed at least 8-9 sharks because I couldn't pull the line in time without the "drop" sound. Do fish have any kind of visual tell right before they're about to bite?

Can anyone provide a picture with "ideal" tree placement on the island for bug hunting? Or provide a good description of what to cut / plant? Appreciated!

Ready to add some people!

Name:  Rig

Town:  Burg

Fruit:  Cherry

Friend Code:  3007-8245-0968

Added my information to the spreadsheet.  Gonna add some of you that I recognize in there.

Can anyone provide a picture with "ideal" tree placement on the island for bug hunting? Or provide a good description of what to cut / plant? Appreciated!
Here ya go.

So in case people are wondering about making money in island runs, someone over at Neogaf made a handy dandy visual tutorial:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=65654511&postcount=10663

Keep in mind that you can uproot bushes with shovels. With this strategy, my latest run got me over 330,000 bells in 1 island trip. With my earlier run, I got over 500,000 bells for the day!

I got my charger in the mail yesterday, so I was finally able to play this game. I love the improvements like the locker and the basket for holding the things from the island. It's awesome not to have to limit myself with just what I can carry in my pockets anymore. And it's great that they hold living things, so I can put all of the fish and bugs I catch in the locker once the stores are closed. I probably won't even need to use a night owl ordinance.

I had a reunion with some friends I played AC:CF with and it was fun times as usual. I'll work on my town a bit before I add my name & FC to the spreadsheet.

I caught two coelacanth on my daughters game when I was earning bells to help pay off her first house expansion. I have not caught one on my game and I fish a lot.

Does anyone have Redd that I can come and visit? I had him the first day (and of course couldn't afford anything) but then he hasn't shown up once. I really would like to get at least one painting so I can expand my museum.

My 2nd day turnip prices are still crap... 60, 55, 52, 48. Im guessing my prices will be downward until tom pm. Hoping that by thurs am price il get a good turn around. im 300k bells deep this week on turnip purchases. Need to bounce back! Lol

Exclusive Animal Crossing: New Leaf SpotPass Items
From June 16–August 10, bring your 3DS system and Animal Crossing: New Leaf game to participating stores to receive four different in-game items.

Exclusive SpotPass Items

• June 16–June 29: Raccoon wall clock
• June 30–July 13: Cat tower
• July 14–July 27: Suitcase
• July 28–August 10: Double neck guitar
You can get these items only at Best Buy in the Nintendo zone section, at participating stores.

Click the link at the top of page and search for a participating store near you

Does anybody know if you can buy the Best Buy items from the catalog? I don't want to hang onto the item if I can grab it later from the catalog.

I've been playing since a few days after the game came out, but I've been to addicted to post in this thread. My FC is 1134-7531-2393. I've got loads of fruits, think I'm just missing persimmon. Let me know if you add me!

Stolen from Rig

Name:  Antonio
Town:  Sac Town
Fruit:  Peach
Friend Code:  1633 - 5539 - 0921

Added some of you from the spreadsheet and sent out a mass PM.  Anyone is welcome to add me, just send a quick PM here on CAG so I can add you back.  :D

Does anybody know if you can buy the Best Buy items from the catalog? I don't want to hang onto the item if I can grab it later from the catalog.
Yes, you can. Or you could just put it on a wall in your house. I have mine above one of the doorways.

There ARE unlockable ones, the villagers will come up to you and request them. If they're tied to completing x amount, IDK.
I had one of my villagers suggest a wind turbine, so I'm building that now.

I just got the second floor of the museum and it is even better than I thought. I had heard it had a store, which is one thing. But the 4 large rooms you can "rent" (for a mere 10,000 bells) serve as another set of 4 huge rooms to stage things in once you fill your house. They really added quite a bit to this game compared to previous iterations. It will take a considerably longer time for this one to get stale compared to the last 2, that's for sure.

So what I'm using the museum storage for is to start setting up furniture/fossil/gyroid sets and then when they are complete I can move them to a room in my house. I also have a section dedicated to fake art work ;). In fact, I am going to go out of my way to get fake stuff.

- Able Sisters is currently upgrading

- Wind Turbine completed

- Mathilda is moving out on the 30th

- Top Floor in my house is fully upgraded now

- Club LOL opened yesterday, and I got an emote

- Got another Island run over 260k in bells (I left early)

- I completed the Varia Suit a couple of days ago

It's still raining in my town, so at this rate, I'm probably screwed out of getting a Violin Beetle by the end of the month.

So how do you specifically unlock the second floor of the museum. I have at least one of every type donated, over 20 things donated. Do I just need to keep talking to him every day even if I don't donate anything new? I am running out of things to donate.

You have to talk to Blathers at night when he's thinking.  In order to trigger that you need to continue talking to him on a daily basis, whether you have something to donate or not.

Does anyone have Redd that I can come and visit? I had him the first day (and of course couldn't afford anything) but then he hasn't shown up once. I really would like to get at least one painting so I can expand my museum.
He's in my town today.

Edit: I bought the only real piece from him, everything else was a fake.

You have to talk to Blathers at night when he's thinking. In order to trigger that you need to continue talking to him on a daily basis, whether you have something to donate or not.
Ok, every time I visit Blathers I get the normal donate thing and nothing else. Does he have a time of day where he says something else? I visit him at nights.

Ok, every time I visit Blathers I get the normal donate thing and nothing else. Does he have a time of day where he says something else? I visit him at nights.
If you see him during the day, he's asleep and you wake him up, and he's worried about that. You want to talk to him at night.

If you see him during the day, he's asleep and you wake him up, and he's worried about that. You want to talk to him at night.
I visit him at night. All he does is say what do you want to do and then offers up the donate menu. That's it. He never offers any other chat unless I donate something. Just making sure I am doing it right.

I donated a painting during the day, went inside the exhibit to view the painting, and when I returned, Blathers was still awake and thinking. When I talked to him again, that triggered the 2nd floor conversation.

I visit him at night. All he does is say what do you want to do and then offers up the donate menu. That's it. He never offers any other chat unless I donate something. Just making sure I am doing it right.

Theres also that 14-day wait period. Besides the donated item requirement, you still have talked to the bird at least once in 14 different days with or without a donation.

In my experience, got the game june 9th and have been playing everyday and the 2nd floor expansion conversation happened last june 23.

So Redd finally showed up in my town again and I think I got the correct painting.

But of course, it's mailed to you so I can't donate it until tomorrow.  :bomb:

bread's done
Back