Animal Crossing New Leaf

I managed to catch a scorpion the other night. I caught it by surprise. I was walking along a path I made and happened to spot it between a couple trees as I was passing, switched my net out, and nabbed it as it was still turning around. This is the first time I've been able to catch one of these since they started appearing in animal crossing. I still haven't caught a tarantula.

Waaaahh! Just turned on AC and resetti popped in front of my house... He mentioned i didnt save last night. Then i noticed that my character ia not wearing the headband from the fireworks display!!!!!

Dang!!!! I must have subconciously thought i saved before turning off my xl last night! Now ive missed out on all the items i got from redd as well as the heasgear!!!! Pissed me off bigtime! I guess ill be playing another game tonight to take my mind off this mishap! Grrr!

I have yet to catch either a scorpion or tarantula.

It'll happen eventually.

I have hit the limit on public works projects, so I get to demolish a few of them. Definitely losing the Balloon arch and Face Standee.

Shut off the game after over 3 hours of trying to catch a scorpion and nothing.  Really aggravating and wondering if it's even worth it.  Don't really need the gold net at all except just to have it.

Just a heads up for those not also following the Nintendo 3DS thread.

There's a new firmware out now in NA and Japan. Streetpass relay has gone live.

Hopefully this means  most of us should start seeing more houses in HH Showcase for those hard to find but catalog-able items.

Just a heads up for those not also following the Nintendo 3DS thread.

There's a new firmware out now in NA and Japan. Streetpass relay has gone live.

Hopefully this means most of us should start seeing more houses in HH Showcase for those hard to find but catalog-able items.
When my family and I went to Disneyland almost a month ago, I decided to put my 3DS is sleep mode and keep it in my fiancées bag... I hit the max 20 daily allotment of people that count for ACNL by Noon. I wished I lived close by. I would obtain that badge so fast.

Waaaahh! Just turned on AC and resetti popped in front of my house... He mentioned i didnt save last night. Then i noticed that my character ia not wearing the headband from the fireworks display!!!!!

Dang!!!! I must have subconciously thought i saved before turning off my xl last night! Now ive missed out on all the items i got from redd as well as the heasgear!!!! Pissed me off bigtime! I guess ill be playing another game tonight to take my mind off this mishap! Grrr!
Maybe you'll be able to get it next Sunday.

When my family and I went to Disneyland almost a month ago, I decided to put my 3DS is sleep mode and keep it in my fiancées bag... I hit the max 20 daily allotment of people that count for ACNL by Noon. I wished I lived close by. I would obtain that badge so fast.
Thanks for the heads up! My girlfriend and I have annual passes and I haven't even thought of going there with it. Granted, I haven't had my 3DS long enough to go because of blockout dates, but come the end of the summer, I'm going all the time when school doesn't get in the way.

Thank goodness that update came out. I commute on the Bay Area subway everyday to work and I'm lucky to get just one Streetpass a day. Hell, make that once a WEEK. Guess I commute at awkward times.

Thanks for the heads up! My girlfriend and I have annual passes and I haven't even thought of going there with it. Granted, I haven't had my 3DS long enough to go because of blockout dates, but come the end of the summer, I'm going all the time when school doesn't get in the way.
Prime location I always felt was best was Downtown Disney in the evening. Everyone seems to bring it out around that time. I even saw someone in line for Pirates Of The Caribbean playing Animal Crossing New Leaf. I enjoy the game a lot, but when it comes to Disneyland I didn't even bother playing till I got back from the hotel.

Gates are open for more free for all fun + Katrina!  Note that I will probably sell off a lot of the stuff that hasn't moved over the 3 days I've had this up at the end of the night tonight.  Let me know if you need me to add you!

I got Perfect Cherries going for double with Bell Ordinance.

Found a fossil so only need Stego Tail to complete museum.

Last edited by a moderator:
didnt get to play on Sunday so I will be time travelling back to pick up turnips. 

selling for 101. Let me know if anyone is interested. so I can let you in, if you can get in.

I also have Katie for the umpteenth time. Also, if anyone hears or has good turnip prices let me know. It's always much appreciated.

For folks hunting tarantula's or scorpions, I spent a couple hours over the weekend getting both. Some tips:

- Carry nothing that can be equipped except your net, but keep it stored (that way regardless of whether you press d-pad left or right you'll get your net).

- Walk! Should be obvious, but walk around with max volume so you can see and hopefully hear before it's too late.

- If it looks like they're heading for a ledge or river, don't worry about getting close - just get your net out and approach in hopes of angering them. They always hop once before they charge so you can time your swing.

- If they don't see you and aren't running for a ledge, then sneak up with your net to nab them before they see you.

Lastly, over the course of three or so hours, I saw five or six tarantulas and two or three scorpions, but rarely (if ever?) in the same areas - so I wouldn't buy into the the whole "spawning area" argument I've seen a few times.

Oh, and I found them by doing large circles around town (occasionally veering off course to follow the river). I also made sure to scare off any bugs I saw, not that I can say for sure if that helped my odds of seeing a tarantula or scorpion.

Thanks, I'll try this tonight probably. Still open and will probably stay open until 7 again for more scorpion crapshooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must've really had a stroke of luck. Caught a tarantula on my first week playing. Scorpion around the end of June, but I haven't seen one of either since oddly enough.

For folks hunting tarantula's or scorpions, I spent a couple hours over the weekend getting both. Some tips:

- Carry nothing that can be equipped except your net, but keep it stored (that way regardless of whether you press d-pad left or right you'll get your net).

- Walk! Should be obvious, but walk around with max volume so you can see and hopefully hear before it's too late.

- If it looks like they're heading for a ledge or river, don't worry about getting close - just get your net out and approach in hopes of angering them. They always hop once before they charge so you can time your swing.

- If they don't see you and aren't running for a ledge, then sneak up with your net to nab them before they see you.

Lastly, over the course of three or so hours, I saw five or six tarantulas and two or three scorpions, but rarely (if ever?) in the same areas - so I wouldn't buy into the the whole "spawning area" argument I've seen a few times.

Oh, and I found them by doing large circles around town (occasionally veering off course to follow the river). I also made sure to scare off any bugs I saw, not that I can say for sure if that helped my odds of seeing a tarantula or scorpion.
Once a Tarantula/Scorpion stops hissing/shaking, he will still be facing you and not moving. When he's still facing you, you can move closer to him and just stop when he starts again. By doing this, you should be able to get close enough to catch him without him moving again. I have caught 4 of each now and it's pretty easy to do now.

Still open.  Again, will probably close around 7PM EST to look for scorpions, but I might be open later.  Just got Tales of Xillia so I might put off the scorpion hunt. :lol:

Prime location I always felt was best was Downtown Disney in the evening. Everyone seems to bring it out around that time. I even saw someone in line for Pirates Of The Caribbean playing Animal Crossing New Leaf. I enjoy the game a lot, but when it comes to Disneyland I didn't even bother playing till I got back from the hotel.

Yeah I will get my season pass back sometime in October...had to take a disney break with 5 years straight twice a month visits since we're only an hour a way. Great place for streetpass. I seem to always hit about 20-50 people everytime I go. :) Downtown Disney Orlando isn't a hot spot for me...I never seem to get too many hits. Star Wars Weekend was my best when I hit close to 80 for one day.

Anyone open and willing to let me borrow/buy historical shirt, pant, and shoes? First time with Grace fashion check and she picks the one ive been ignoring. :p

bread's done
Back