Animal Crossing New Leaf

Amelia is leaving today, not of my will.  Tried to get her to say she was leaving and such but it never happened.  Someone please pick her up, she is great.  Also, MOTHER OF GOD REDD HAS A LEGIT MYSTIC STATUE!  Picking it up for Explicit.

Amelia_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png

Amelia is leaving today, not of my will. Tried to get her to say she was leaving and such but it never happened. Someone please pick her up, she is great. Also, MOTHER OF GOD REDD HAS A LEGIT MYSTIC STATUE! Picking it up for Explicit.

exaipfg.png

Thank you!

I'll pick up Amelia. She has my grandmothers name, plus I have a couple spots open in Boxden for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so you all know, when you open your gates, bugs/fish that can make black out disappear when friends are over in your town, so you have to catch them on your own.  And apparently the Petaltail Dragonfly can appear during Island Tours and caught this way (non-Dragonfly ones too)

Also, I might have good turnip prices in the morning or in the afternoon tomorrow.

Just so you all know, when you open your gates, bugs/fish that can make black out disappear when friends are over in your town, so you have to catch them on your own. And apparently the Petaltail Dragonfly can appear during Island Tours and caught this way (non-Dragonfly ones too)

Also, I might have good turnip prices in the morning or in the afternoon tomorrow.
Good point. Still worth a shot.

Daisy, this is what I'm missing from the September time frame.

Fish

Gar (4pm - 9am)

King Salmon (All Day)

Mitten Crab (4pm - 9am)

Salmon (All Day)

Soft-shelled Turtle (4pm - 9am)

Diving

Horseshoe Crab (9pm - 4am)

Sweet Shrimp (4pm - 9am)

Bugs

House Centipede (7pm - 8am)

Petaltail Dragonfly (5pm - 7pm)

I'm missing:

Petaltail Dragonfly

Scorpion

Tarantula

I know that Scorpions and Tarantulas are really rare though.  But I've heard they spawn in open areas that have few flowers and trees.

I'm also missing Museum Paper. No idea how to get that.

EDIT: I think I'm close to getting the 80% of my Catalog completed, which is another Badge from Phineas. Not 100% sure though.

I'm missing:

Petaltail Dragonfly

Scorpion

Tarantula

I know that Scorpions and Tarantulas are really rare though. But I've heard they spawn in open areas that have few flowers and trees.

EDIT: I think I'm close to getting the 80% of my Catalog completed, which is another Badge from Phineas. Not 100% sure though.
Oh, so I can't help you with any of those? I do have a scorpion in my closet but I'm pretty sure there's no way to give bugs to other people :cry:

Amelia is leaving today, not of my will. Tried to get her to say she was leaving and such but it never happened. Someone please pick her up, she is great. Also, MOTHER OF GOD REDD HAS A LEGIT MYSTIC STATUE! Picking it up for Explicit.

OH MY GOD I LOVE HER! People like her are the reason I want to get rid of a lot of my towers, even though I love 8 of the 10 of them.

What's the deal with perfect fruit?
You get more money, but somethings you get a dead tree. You can only grow the perfect fruit into trees if it's your normal town fruit.

It's mailed randomly from villagers and can't be ordered - I've never gotten one and also never had them send me gallery paper. I stopped writing letters to them a long time ago, so I only get one or two letters from them per day now, but most of the time they don't attach anything or I get something other than stationery.

I got the 80% catalog badge back in January after the snowman gave me a snowboard. I probably got about 2-5% more of the catalog filled since then because of Gracie clothes & furniture and festivale.

Thanks again Daisy. I was able to the King Salmon, Salmon and Soft-shelled Turtle from her town. Didn't bother diving or looking for bugs. I feel bad for taking your time.

Thanks again Daisy. I was able to the King Salmon, Salmon and Soft-shelled Turtle from her town. Didn't bother diving or looking for bugs. I feel bad for taking your time.
It was no trouble at all! I was surfing the internet while keeping an eye on the game. But when I got up for a minute and came back you were already leaving :lol: Thank you for the tip on catching trash. And it looks like there's a Bug Off in September so I can get my Golden Net too.

Thanks, Daisy, my F.C. is 0173-1292-4635 and the name is James.

Thanks again!
You're registered now.

Oh, so I can't help you with any of those? I do have a scorpion in my closet but I'm pretty sure there's no way to give bugs to other people :cry:
From an Encyclopedia perspective, no (Unless you can put them in letters, which I doubt). But from a Museum perspective, Yes. Anyone can donate to any museum.

Only residents of a town can donate to a museum and donations can't be made when the gate is open.

There's a way to buy bugs & fish in City Folk, but you can't in New Leaf. Read spoiler for more info...

In AC:CF (and maybe AC:WW) it was possible to buy bugs & fish from villagers during flea market days because the flea market was in their own homes. It just depended on if they wanted to sell them or not. Since some friends had trouble catching scorpions and tarantulas, I'd catch some, then give it to a villager if they wanted it. They'd put it on display in their house and sometimes would let people buy it when the monthly flea market came around. If a bug or fish was obtained this way, it wouldn't show up as caught in the encyclopedia, so the person would still have to catch one to complete their encyclopedia. Bought bugs & fish could still be donated to the museum.

Now that's not possible anymore in New Leaf since the flea market moved to Re-Tail and the game doesn't allow bugs & fish to be sold at the flea market. Animals also won't sell their "pets" anymore during visits to their houses.

That was the only way to give other characters bugs & fish in the Wii version without hacking. With ACToolkit you could generate whatever you wanted in your pockets, on the ground, in animal's houses, etc. Bugs & fish generated on the ground would show up as items that you could pick up. You could even attach them to letters right after you picked them up (I never tried mailing them though). Once you displayed them and then picked them up again, they'd act like normal fish & bugs and couldn't be attached to letters anymore.

OH MY GOD I LOVE HER! People like her are the reason I want to get rid of a lot of my towers, even though I love 8 of the 10 of them.

You get more money, but somethings you get a dead tree. You can only grow the perfect fruit into trees if it's your normal town fruit.
Thanks, I was trying to grow perfect apples in my town, the only problem is that my native fruit are pears... lol

Thanks, I was trying to grow perfect apples in my town, the only problem is that my native fruit are pears... lol
Yep, won't work. I thought you could grow all of them too, but nope. You can only grow perfect pears (which is what I have too).

We have debated here if they would grow into normal fruit, but never really know.

I have turnips for 135, I have a feeling the next few days will be higher.

Any perfect fruit you plant will grow into regular unless it is your native fruit. I tried planting a perfect apple and just got regular apples as my native was pears.

My turnips are at 167. I also have a ton of free items outside my station, including Nintendo items and a robust statue. If anyone wants to come by I can open my gates

So Amelia didn't pick a great spot to place her house at. I was able to fix up the area around her to make it work, but I had a huge sigh when I saw where it was placed. Should all workout though.

I think the game got rid of my Pave furniture on the beach, because when I checked all I had was a tire. Could that have been from warping back to this morning to check turnip prices?

Daisy I've saved the tire for you if you want it since you said you needed trash to obtain a fly.

Explicit, if you are on now, you can come grab the mystic statue.  If not we can do it tomorrow.  I can only wait for 15 min or so, too exhausted and need to get up for work early. :(

Daisy I've saved the tire for you if you want it since you said you needed trash to obtain a fly.
Thank you. But I already took off the ordinance and got myself a boot. Surprisingly, it took a long time for it to attract a fly, but finally success! Got my golden net and now I just need a fishing tournament to collect my golden rod.

I might open my gate later tonight, maybe around 9.

I've got turnips at 217. I will open my gates around 9 pm EST if anyone would like to sell.
Thanks.

edit: I've also got a scenic painting if anyone needs it.

So, I tried the April fools day picture thing.  It looks like you're not guaranteed to get a pic from every villager.  I used a friends game and got 5 pics the first time.  2nd time I traveled to the next year, and it only let me get 4.  All 4 in my second visit were dupes.

I need to sell my turnips.

Modern theme... Hmmm.

I normally just go to a town with her store and make her happy. Can you actually fail?

I need to sell my turnips.

Modern theme... Hmmm.

I normally just go to a town with her store and make her happy. Can you actually fail?
Yes, you need to be wearing a certain amount of the required theme to pass. You also can't wear conflicting themes.

186 turnips if anyone interested, let me know

Gonna afk for a bit, opening town, no running since flowers all over, and leave my gems in front of the shop :p unless you really want let me know.

186 turnips if anyone interested, let me know

Gonna afk for a bit, opening town, no running since flowers all over, and leave my gems in front of the shop :p unless you really want let me know.
Thanks a lot! I left a small tip. Sorry I couldn't leave more but gracie charges too much and I bought in at 105 this week. Anyway, thanks! some profit is better than any loss.

So, I tried the April fools day picture thing. It looks like you're not guaranteed to get a pic from every villager. I used a friends game and got 5 pics the first time. 2nd time I traveled to the next year, and it only let me get 4. All 4 in my second visit were dupes.
Were they villagers that you were more friendly with? I just wonder if you have to almost have bff status first.

Edit: just googled it... so you play a game first? Gotcha. Well that sucks if you get it right And they still don't give you their picture

Yeah, I went ahead and tried this on my wife's 3ds. She had 9 villagers, but I was only able to get 6 pictures. I tried twice, but ended up with 5 duplicate pics. I was going to try again this weekend. I did get a pic everytime I correctly identified the fake, but Blanca quit playing before visiting every villager.

That sucks. The only way to get her pic is to get all villagers correct. That's the only reason I wanted to play during April Fools Day since I already have pics of all of my current villagers.
I'd save after each villager to make sure Blanca doesn't quit.

EDIT: I've opened my Gates. Free Stuff is in front of the Train Station, like always.

Hmm. There has to be something to trigger all the villagers. I just did Digiburg's april fools and got pics of all of them. Went to the next day and I had Blanca's pic in the mail.

EDIT: Ok, so it looks like if you haven't met the villager, you can not play the april fools game with them. My wife had two villagers she had not met. I got duplicates of evryone of her villagers except one, so I missed the extra Blanca pic. Still, I do have extra pics to trade if anyone is interested:

Tangy
Muffy x2
Pashima x2
Beau x2
Filbert x2
Wolfgang
Kyle
Hamphrey
Cobb
Portia
Bella
Cole

I will have more later.

hey, i'm new to this game...and a new 3ds owner. 

what is the benefit of befriending people in animal crossing games?

my ID on 3ds is StinkPalm and my native fruit is cherries.

bread's done
Back