Animal Crossing New Leaf

hey, i'm new to this game...and a new 3ds owner.

what is the benefit of befriending people in animal crossing games?

my ID on 3ds is StinkPalm and my native fruit is cherries.
You can buy turnips on Sundays and sell them for higher prices (sometimes) in friend's towns. You can trade / take things from in front of friend's train station. You can get all the fruits. You can visit different stores with different items.

However we need your 12 (Is it 12?) digit 3DS number, not your ID name. See my sig.

Hmm. There has to be something to trigger all the villagers. I just did Digiburg's april fools and got pics of all of them. Went to the next day and I had Blanca's pic in the mail.

EDIT: Ok, so it looks like if you haven't met the villager, you can not play the april fools game with them. My wife had two villagers she had not met. I got duplicates of evryone of her villagers except one, so I missed the extra Blanca pic. Still, I do have extra pics to trade if anyone is interested:

Tangy x2
Muffy x2
Pashima x2
Beau x2
Filbert x2
Wolfgang
Kyle
Hamphrey
Cobb
Portia
Bella
Cole

I will have more later.
Assuming everything goes well I should have extra pics of Chrissy and Fuchsia since I got theirs already. I wouldn't mind trading one of those for a Hamphrey since he moved out of my town before I got a picture. Just keep me in mind as I will be playing in real time so it will be that 10 days until I can get them.

I'm going to have my gates open for probably an hour now while I rearrange my house, put a ton of things in front if the station if anyone wants them. Just don't take the things outside my house

Also if anyone has a cabin wall that they want to sell or trade for let me know

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming everything goes well I should have extra pics of Chrissy and Fuchsia since I got theirs already. I wouldn't mind trading one of those for a Hamphrey since he moved out of my town before I got a picture. Just keep me in mind as I will be playing in real time so it will be that 10 days until I can get them.
Absolutely. I am looking for any picture i don't already have. Hamphrey is also living in Gameburg, so i will have another pic of him when I do that town's april fools.

You can buy turnips on Sundays and sell them for higher prices (sometimes) in friend's towns. You can trade / take things from in front of friend's train station. You can get all the fruits. You can visit different stores with different items.

However we need your 12 (Is it 12?) digit 3DS number, not your ID name. See my sig.
oh ok. this is all new to me. slowly learning things i can do in my town. sold enough to put down payment on my house. otherwise i've only been shaking trees, hitting rocks, picking up things off the beach, digging fossils, catching bugs, and buying things.

i have a fishing rod but can't figure out how to catch a fish. guess i'll look that up later.

my friend code is

5386 9206 7824

oh ok. this is all new to me. slowly learning things i can do in my town. sold enough to put down payment on my house. otherwise i've only been shaking trees, hitting rocks, picking up things off the beach, digging fossils, catching bugs, and buying things.

i have a fishing rod but can't figure out how to catch a fish. guess i'll look that up later.

my friend code is

5386 9206 7824
That's pretty much all you do at first. Soonish you will be able to go to an island for 1000 bells and catch beetles after 5pm that are worth 1200+ each. Once you get more fruits you will get more money. Are you getting the fossils check out by the guy in the museum? That way you can sell the doubles for a lot of money most of the time.

And you can pile 9 fruit, of the same type, in the space pocket space. Saves a lot of time.

Fishing in the game took me like a week to get down. You hit A near a shadow of the fish, the fish comes over, after a few the thing makes a different sound, and the bobber goes down, you then keep hitting A until you reel it in.

Make sure to add my code that's down below to your friends list.

That's pretty much all you do at first. Soonish you will be able to go to an island for 1000 bells and catch beetles after 5pm that are worth 1200+ each. Once you get more fruits you will get more money. Are you getting the fossils check out by the guy in the museum? That way you can sell the doubles for a lot of money most of the time.

And you can pile 9 fruit, of the same type, in the space pocket space. Saves a lot of time.

Fishing in the game took me like a week to get down. You hit A near a shadow of the fish, the fish comes over, after a few the thing makes a different sound, and the bobber goes down, you then keep hitting A until you reel it in.

just added you.

i been bringing the fossils to the museum. only 1 double so far. didn't sell yet.

also knew about the stacking thing and some other things from this link

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Animal+Crossing%3A+New+Leaf/feature.asp?c=51299

with the fishing i got it to where the fish grabs but i only hit A once. didn't know you need to keep tapping.

i'll try that a little later

Don't waste your time with $1,200 bugs. You can catch some bugs that make you over $10,000 a bug. My limit for a bug was that it needed to be over $6000 to even be kept in my box. Also when it comes to fishing, wait till you hear the sound of the fish catching on to your line and just hit A the initial time. You don't have to keep pressing A or holding it down because the game does the rest for you.

You don't have to hold down A to get a fish?  I always do :S

Yeah, the Island is the best place to get Bells by far. Even more than the Stalk Market, since there's no gamble involved.  Upgrading your House so Tortimer shows up is a must.

You don't have to hold down A to get a fish? I always do :S

Yeah, the Island is the best place to get Bells by far. Even more than the Stalk Market, since there's no gamble involved. Upgrading your House so Tortimer shows up is a must.
Nope you don't need to. Just press A when you hear the fish catch and let go. The game goes into auto-mode from that point.

Don't waste your time with $1,200 bugs. You can catch some bugs that make you over $10,000 a bug. My limit for a bug was that it needed to be over $6000 to even be kept in my box. Also when it comes to fishing, wait till you hear the sound of the fish catching on to your line and just hit A the initial time. You don't have to keep pressing A or holding it down because the game does the rest for you.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that keeps hitting the A. :lol: Good to know.

I rather spend 20 minutes on the island and get 150,000 Bells than spend an hour waiting for the more expensive ones to MAYBE show up. Plus he's in the early stages and I remember when I saw the trip to the island was 1,000 bells I almost fell over. :lol:

Who else needs to stop by for September bugs and fish? I can open my gate late tonight and tomorrow for you guys, but after that I think I'm going to head back to March.

I rather spend 20 minutes on the island and get 150,000 Bells than spend an hour waiting for the more expensive ones to MAYBE show up. Plus he's in the early stages and I remember when I saw the trip to the island was 1,000 bells I almost fell over. :lol:
You can streamline it and it doesn't take long at all. Plant coconuts/bananas on the sides of the island until you have a good amount of trees. Then chop down the normal trees, shrubs, and flowers. I even have shells in front of my trees so I know exactly how close to be before swinging my net. Then you just circle around the island while the bugs regenerate.

When you see a wharf roach or a hermit crab, run over it. The roach will disappear and the crabs will run into the water. Then the only possible bugs that can spawn are the high-value beetles: Goliath, Hercules, Elephant, Atlus, Golden and Cyclo Stag.

Who else needs to stop by for September bugs and fish? I can open my gate late tonight and tomorrow for you guys, but after that I think I'm going to head back to March.

You can streamline it and it doesn't take long at all. Plant coconuts/bananas on the sides of the island until you have a good amount of trees. Then chop down the normal trees, shrubs, and flowers. I even have shells in front of my trees so I know exactly how close to be before swinging my net. Then you just circle around the island while the bugs regenerate.

When you see a wharf roach or a hermit crab, run over it. The roach will disappear and the crabs will run into the water. Then the only possible bugs that can spawn are the high-value beetles: Goliath, Hercules, Elephant, Atlus, Golden and Cyclo Stag.
I should be able to stop by tonight. I had plans, but I think they may fall through.

For anyone who put the game down for a while and returned, what is your town like? I haven't touched since early November and I want to go back but I'm afraid that Corneria has turned into Venom

I'm glad I'm not the only one that keeps hitting the A. :lol: Good to know.

tapping A worked fine for me

and i have a lot of bells

I have like 2 stacks of bags filled with coin bells and then another stack of about 8 of the coins...gotta figure out how to sell those though.

i haven't been to the island yet.

I don't, since I already have Elvis. Good villager.  Lily moved into town today too, so I'm happy about that.

my friend code is
5386 9206 7824
Added you

added you
who is elvis the lion? how do i get him from you?
i dont even know how to leave my town lol
You would have had to come to Yolovile yesterday to talk to him and tell him to move to your town. He moved out already so he's long gone. The way you visit other towns is by heading to your train station at the northern part of your town. Talk to the monkey in the train station and he'll give you the option to visit another town or to open your gates for your friends to come visit.

Explicit, I can open my gate right now for you, but I'll be away, so if you need to save you'll have to leave the town. I'll set it to 7PM in-case you still need the centipede.

I really am going coo coo for cocoa puffs over these villager pics. If anyone doesn't want to trade and they get a pic i do not have, I will pay $400k for each. I have over 128 million bells in the bank and finally found something i want to spend them on. Please let me know what pics you get after april 1st! So far, I have 52 villager pics and heard there are like 350 or so villagers in the game. Chances are, people have villagers living in their town that i don't have a pic of.

Please keep me in mind if you don't want the pics!

Explicit, I can open my gate right now for you, but I'll be away, so if you need to save you'll have to leave the town. I'll set it to 7PM in-case you still need the centipede.
I'm trying to stop by, but it says someone is in the middle of a conversation in your town.

Got the game a few days ago, I'm new to the franchise. Paid off my loan, been just doing the basics for now. Town is picked right now, but I grow cherries. Let me know if anyone wants to play!

FC: 0404-7084-2391

Got the game a few days ago, I'm new to the franchise. Paid off my loan, been just doing the basics for now. Town is picked right now, but I grow cherries. Let me know if anyone wants to play!

Adding you. You can stop by or I can come by and give you fruit to plant

So far, I have 52 villager pics and heard there are like 350 or so villagers in the game.

Please keep me in mind if you don't want the pics!
I used to want to collect all pics too, but I have no place to put them now. There are 340 total pics, including villagers and non-villagers like Jingle, K.K. Slider, Katie, Blanca, (Sonny) Resetti, and Don Resetti.

Visiting the museum of all pics in this dream town is enough for me: 4100-2397-4993 (town name is Harvest)

I used to want to collect all pics too, but I have no place to put them now. There are 340 total pics, including villagers and non-villagers like Jingle, K.K. Slider, Katie, Blanca, (Sonny) Resetti, and Don Resetti.

Visiting the museum of all pics in this dream town is enough for me: 4100-2397-4993 (town name is Harvest)
Yeah, I knew someone had done this already. This is me trying make the game last longer. I am not that into collecting furniture or flowers and I am nearly finished with my encyclopedia entries.

Along with the 52 villager pics, I have the other "visitor" pics except KK Slider. Less than 300 to go then!

I'll see what extra pics I have. I think I have extras of Groucho, Cally, Midge, Annalise, Kevin, but I'll have to look to make sure.

I've seen some people on gamefaqs trading things (bells, furniture, etc) in AC for Pokemon, which I might end up doing since I want to complete my Pokedex. Haven't played Pokemon in a few weeks.

Cool I added you. My addy is down below. I have most of the fruit, maybe missing a tropical one near my train station.

Patty and Nana never moved out.  Patty I told not to the day before, she double checked.  However now Eugene is moving on the 28th, he is super cool koala bear that wears sun glasses if anyone wants him.  I'd like him to stay but he has his house right where I want to put the lighthouse!

Nice to see so many still playing or just starting the game.  I gave my original copy to my daughter, and my son picked it up on digital recently.  I ended up getting another cart for myself to start all over.  :p

Baabara is randomly moving into my town and picked a horrible location. Literally right in front of the bridge by my house. This game really does know how to make your jaw drop. I'm in a full rework mode to make this work out, but damn this came out of left field. Now I wonder who will state they are moving...

Explicit, we seem to get similar animals. I have Elvis in my town (he just tried to move but I wanted him to stay since he is a pretty recent addition) and Baabara just moved in last week. I wonder what determines who moves in.

Explicit, we seem to get similar animals. I have Elvis in my town (he just tried to move but I wanted him to stay since he is a pretty recent addition) and Baabara just moved in last week. I wonder what determines who moves in.
Pure randomness I'm sure. The only other time when that isn't so is when villagers from other towns that weren't convinced to go elsewhere, can randomly move to your town. This only happens when you visit other towns, which we all do here, and have an open spot for a villager.

My gates open...nothing really going on tho. I've been visiting my island daily to find that silver axe...I have a bunch of trees I want to try it on. No luck yet. I even went to random islands...

I'm having the same problem. I was happy to lure Astrid to my town, but she straight up moved right in front of the main entrance to my beach, deleting a nonnative apple tree along the way. So sometimes I have to walk around her house just to get to the beach. I like having an open door policy for all my residents (I let go of Rhonda the Rhino, who I really liked because of it) but at this rate my town is going to get torn up and covered with house shaped dirt patches.

The next great innovation for this series has to be designated lots for residents. :wall:

I'm having the same problem. I was happy to lure Astrid to my town, but she straight up moved right in front of the main entrance to my beach, deleting a nonnative apple tree along the way. So sometimes I have to walk around her house just to get to the beach. I like having an open door policy for all my residents (I let go of Rhonda the Rhino, who I really liked because of it) but at this rate my town is going to get torn up and covered with house shaped dirt patches.

The next great innovation for this series has to be designated lots for residents. :wall:
The GameCube one had designated lots. What I don't get is as mayor we can do all these added things, yet we can't OK like 20 spots for the animals to live?

And it's why I think it's funny people have orchards, I have my fruit trees all over the place just in case a house shows up. If you need more apples let me know.

I was willing to let my villagers go more because of all the awesome characters, but one of these days I will get someone in a horrible spot and that worries me.

Well time traveling forward is a lot more tricky!

Going backwards, any jump counts as a single day. But traveling forward really does cause your town to go through each day without you.

I'm jumping 10 days at a time and then checking on my villagers in hopes of catching them before they can move. Unfortunately, I lost Rudy (sorry benjamouth!) But I've gained two new villagers. I may not get a say on who moves out, but I'm kind of enjoying this new shuffle of villagers.

In November I got to pick up my Golden Rod so that was uplifting. If things start to get tedious I may make larger jumps, but for now I'm slowly climbing my way back.

I had three sheep in my town all at the same time. Finally one moved but it was replaced by... another sheep!

Well time traveling forward is a lot more tricky!
Going backwards, any jump counts as a single day. But traveling forward really does cause your town to go through each day without you.

I'm jumping 10 days at a time and then checking on my villagers in hopes of catching them before they can move. Unfortunately, I lost Rudy (sorry benjamouth!) But I've gained two new villagers. I may not get a say on who moves out, but I'm kind of enjoying this new shuffle of villagers.

In November I got to pick up my Golden Rod so that was uplifting. If things start to get tedious I may make larger jumps, but for now I'm slowly climbing my way back.

I had three sheep in my town all at the same time. Finally one moved but it was replaced by... another sheep!
Daisy I need to catch a Blowfish and Stringfish from the Dec-Feb time frame if you don't mind.

Anabelle is going to be moving from my town. I doubt that anyone will want her, though.

Anabelle is going to be moving from my town. I doubt that anyone will want her, though.
If I have space in Yolovile I'll take her. Gotta check if I do though.

I have room for her in Yolovile. When does she move out?

How do I get Public Works Projects? I got the game last year going to try it again.
You have to clean up your town, and make your people happy so they give your town a rating of 100%. That unlocks the mayor's powers. Go to the town hall and check.

So far all of my villagers have moved to fairly good spots courtesy of me placing public works projects where I don't want them to move. I've only really had two bad ones...and one was just cause it wouldn't let me build a bridge that I had just destroyed. :/

I bought about 4000 turnips this week...so I'm looking for good prices this week.

bread's done
Back