Animal Crossing New Leaf

I've got your back. Come to Corneria. Gate is open.

Edit: Looks like you left. PM me if you still need one and I'll be on later tonight. I have an extra shovel.
Thank. I was in someone's here's town and found a regular shovel. I wonder what happen if I sold my golden ax my mistake? How do I get a replacement?

You are added.

StickiePalm and Phillip need to add me.

Just added everyone that said they added me.  Thanks!  My town is just starting so not much here yet.

quick question though, how do I get rid of the bed head I have perpetually had?

Just added everyone that said they added me. Thanks! My town is just starting so not much here yet.

quick question though, how do I get rid of the bed head I have perpetually had?
You need to visit a town that has Shampoodle. I can open up Yolovile if you want to come over and get your hair fixed.

Can someone give me some advice on what to do?

Pretty much all I've been doing is planting fruit, digging fossils, catching bugs, fishing, shaking trees for money, and I went to the island once.

I got a complaint about the town not developing quick enough...how do I do that?

What is the benefit of writing to people who live in town? Should I say anything specific in the letters to them?

Gardening...what should I do about that. I can buy seeds and have a watering can...should I?

I got an axe....it's obviously for cutting down trees...but why would I do that? Other then maybe wanting to use that space for design purposes.

Wetsuit...where do I get one? I used it on the island but haven't been able to buy one to use in my town yet.

Whats the point of the island tours? (haven't done any yet)

Getting stung by bees...does it matter? Is there any negative effect of being stung other then your face being swollen?

Is there a way to carry more things? Can I get a bigger bag?

Not like I don't enjoy messing around in animal crossing...but is there any real purpose of this game? lol

Sorry for all the questions. Animal Crossing is all new to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Answers in bold:

Pretty much all I've been doing is planting fruit, digging fossils, catching bugs, fishing, shaking trees for money, and I went to the island once.

I got a complaint about the town not developing quick enough...how do I do that?

What is the benefit of writing to people who live in town? Should I say anything specific in the letters to them?

Raises their friendship level a little. Not necessary at all except for the beginning of the game where you are trying to get 100% satisfaction. Don't have to say anything specific.

Gardening...what should I do about that. I can buy seeds and have a watering can...should I?

Yes. You should water your flowers daily unless you have the Beautiful Town Ordinance (which you can get by having 100% satisfaction rating). You can buy seeds if you want, might help getting that 100%, otherwise it's just a preference.

I got an axe....it's obviously for cutting down trees...but why would I do that? Other then maybe wanting to use that space for design purposes.

Design and with some of the axes you can get special stumps that can generate items.

Wetsuit...where do I get one? I used it on the island but haven't been able to buy one to use in my town yet.

Must buy in the island store.

Get medals to buy stuff on the island, including the wetsuit.

Getting stung by bees...does it matter? Is there any negative effect of being stung other then your face being swollen?

Nope doesn't matter.

Nope. :( But once you get access to floor 2 of the museum later on you can store more stuff there. I assume you've already discovered cabinet drawers and the lockers at the station.

Not like I don't enjoy messing around in animal crossing...but is there any real purpose of this game? lol

No real end goal. You get what you put in

Here is a nice beginner's guide:

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/starting-the-game/

Also...what am I supposed to do in other peoples towns?

I've visited a few and pretty much only take fruit but everyone leaves stuff out for the taking I think.

Is there like...proper town visiting etiquette? lol

I've visited a few and pretty much only take fruit but everyone leaves stuff out for the taking I think.

Don't run on the grass in other peoples towns. Some get very picky about it for good reason because it destroys the grass when you run on it. Don't cut down trees or destroy flowers. You'll get to a point where villagers ask you to get six signatures for a petition of theirs from another town. You don't have to do it, but if you want to obtain a picture from said villager it helps out a lot.

Their really is no point to the game. For myself at least, its the relaxing game I play daily when I don't want to kill people or go on this crazy adventure like other games offer. Some enjoy it, some don't. The collecting aspect is fun when you have nothing else to do. It ranges from collecting the different furniture sets, to clothing to villager pics. Some are easy to obtain and some are not.

You have to get your town to 100% approval by the villagers. Then build 10 things. I have had the game months and still don't have 10 things I want.

I don't really say much. The better friends you are they might send you stuff back.

They will die if you don't water them enough, so don't buy too many right away. A few are nice to make your town nicer looking.

To design with, you cut down and replace with a different type of tree. Axes break after 38 hits.

40 Coins on the island, depending on the day. You play games to get the coins to buy the island stuff.

Above.

Nope, just load the game.

Nope. Like fruits are stackable.

Nope. It's a sim.

Get more / different things, trade or sell turnips for higher amounts. To show off your town.

Stuff near train stations are free, take it, everything else do not take!

Don't steal flowers, don't run, don't shake the trees, only take stuff near train station unless otherwise told.
Underline parts.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this game might not be for you. :)

I finally got my hands on a piece of the sloppy furniture. Boone was selling a Sloppy Lamp. This is going to be a long set to collect.

It wouldn't be hard to get if there was some clear direction on how to get them :S
I have played the game every ay for over three months and have no clue what "sloppy furniture" is.

I have turnips for 152, looks like a random pattern week for me, they were 83 this morning.

Simon is leaving today.  Another one who is leaving without having given me a proper chance to ask him to stay.  I hate this game's randomness sometimes.  Anyone is free to take him!  He's pretty fun.

Simon_NewLeaf_Official.png

Do you think you will be able to stop by tonight? If you can, I'll open my gate in about 40 minutes. Please let me know.
Sorry I just got home from work. Let me know what's convenient for you. If you are going to jump in time, don't worry about it. I can wait till later in the year to get the couple of fish from that time period.

Sorry I just got home from work. Let me know what's convenient for you. If you are going to jump in time, don't worry about it. I can wait till later in the year to get the couple of fish from that time period.
It's fine, there's no hurry. If you can't get on now then how about tomorrow at 9PM central?

Errrg sloppy set... does it really appear in the stores ever? I've made sure to look every day and have never seen one item for sale. I had a villager a long time ago who had sloppy furniture but I could never get any from him. :/

Ok I just completed April fools day...couple tips:
If you're utilizing any other characters you have, make sure you've talked to all villagers before starting. I found out when I used my second character Blanca ended the game before doing my two newest villagers. Confirmed that when I used my third character...talked to everyone first and got everyone.

I used the guide for hints, however, if you don't know one of them...instead of just saving/resetti it was easier and less time to just say you didn't know which had the villagers change up the hint.

So I have pic extras of the following villagers:

Blanche
Charlise x2
Kiki x3
Kody x2
Marcie x2
Pashmina x2
Robin x2
Savannah
Sylvia x2

I want to trade for one's I do not have! :) let me know

Charlise x2

I would love to trade for one of the Charlise pics. I believe I have the others, but will have to check. I may need Kody. Also need to get an updated duplicate list together.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get Blanca's pic because one of my villagers has been sick and if he's still sick today, I won't be able to get every villager pic. :whistle2:(

So we should talk to all of our villagers before talking to Blanca then? Sorry just want to confirm before I dive head first into it. Thanks super_dawn for the tips!

If you haven't met them, Blanca wont visit them. If you have met all your villagers and are ready to start, then talk to Blanca. Not sure how sickness is handled, though....if anyone misses Blanca's pic, I have an extra.

Ok I just completed April fools day...couple tips:
If you're utilizing any other characters you have, make sure you've talked to all villagers before starting. I found out when I used my second character Blanca ended the game before doing my two newest villagers. Confirmed that when I used my third character...talked to everyone first and got everyone.

I used the guide for hints, however, if you don't know one of them...instead of just saving/resetti it was easier and less time to just say you didn't know which had the villagers change up the hint.

So I have pic extras of the following villagers:

Blanche
Charlise x2
Kiki x3
Kody x2
Marcie x2
Pashmina x2
Robin x2
Savannah
Sylvia x2

I will have an extra Marshal, Chrissy, and Fuchsia picture if you need any of those. I'd really like that Savannah pic because I never got hers before she moved out of my town.

PINK LEAVES!  Sweet!  How long do they stay pink?  in the GC one it was like 3 days.

And I have Turnips for 19..3?  It's 190-somethign if anyone wants to come by later.  I'll be around the computer 8-10pm Eastern, and when I'm cooking dinner.

The leaves are pink for the first 10 days of April, but there's no Cherry Blossom Festival or Flower Fest like in previous games.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Cherry_Blossom_Festival

EDIT: I think the cherry blossom festival or the flower fest has been replaced with Weeding Day in this game.

For people with beautiful town ordinances, you might want to switch to a different ordinance and DON'T PICK WEEDS this month if you want the flower furniture set. If you have no weeds on Weeding Day, Leif will give you three new PWPs instead of furniture. It doesn't seem like there's a way to get both the furniture set and the PWPs, unless you travel back to Weeding Day after you load any time after the event is over

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Weeding_Day

I already picked my weeds for today, but I'll have to remember not to touch them for the rest of the month.

I want the PWPs too, so I'll probably end up TTing back to get them.

EDIT 2: Weeding Day seems more complicated than Festivale. Ugh. And, yes, villagers DO pick weeds. I always get frustrated with them every time they get to a weed before I can pull it. LOL

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/68898461

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/67327986

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/67296673

From what they're saying, it seems like you have to visit other towns to be able to complete the set. I don't think people will have enough weeds for others to pick.

I guess this is one of those cases where it helps to have a second copy of the game and a town that you don't really care about where you can TT and do whatever you want. Unfortunately, I only have one 3DS, so I don't have any spare towns to experiment with like I did with with the DS & Wii versions of the game.

I think it'd be easier to just trade my animal pics for a full weeding day set instead of trying to get it myself, then just get the three PWPs from Leif on Weeding Day.

I would love to trade for one of the Charlise pics. I believe I have the others, but will have to check. I may need Kody. Also need to get an updated duplicate list together.
I'll save Charlise and Kody for you.

I will have an extra Marshal, Chrissy, and Fuchsia picture if you need any of those. I'd really like that Savannah pic because I never got hers before she moved out of my town.
I'm cool with all three of those...I'll save Savannah and just let me know which other two you'd like.

I'll be here for the next hour...otherwise I'll be on way more tmrw night.

Eeek...I think I'll go the easy route and get the pwp for weeding day. If anyone is going for the furniture...I'd love to at least catalog it. Trying to hit that 80% catalog full.

Only extra picture I have in Boxden is Midge's Pic. I'm about to do April Fools in Yolovile and I should end up with a 2 or 3 extra pictures. I'll update this post when I'm done.

So this is what I have for extras : 

Boxden

Midge's Pic

Yolovile

Keaton's Pic - Claimed by nickerous

Frita's Pic

Well this sucks. Marcie decided to move out today without telling me. So I didn't get her picture and Blanca's picture. I have a few extra pictures if anyone is willing to trade for Blanca and/or Marcie.

My extra are:

Chrissy

Marshal

Fuchsia 

Ok, here is an updated trade list for pics:

Muffy x2
Pashima
Iggly
Hans
Dizzy
Pippy
Beau
Filbert x2
Wolfgang
Kyle
Hamphrey x2
Cobb
Portia x2
Bella
Cole
Willow
Poncho
Zipper x2
Blanca

Only extra picture I have in Boxden is Midge's Pic. I'm about to do April Fools in Yolovile and I should end up with a 2 or 3 extra pictures. I'll update this post when I'm done.

So this is what I have for extras :

Boxden
Midge's Pic

Yolovile
Keaton's Pic
Frita's Pic
I could use Keaton's if still available...

I'm in need of a wet suit if anyone has one to spare. I think I lost mine and can't seem to be able to get one on my own. I should be on around 9:30 cst tonight. I appreciate any help.

Hippeux is healthy again for April Fool's Day. He didn't even give any rewards yet for giving him medicine, so he might go back to being sick again tomorrow. I was able to get everyone's pics with one character, so far. I used a guide, so it went quickly.

I'm playing with a second character now to see how it works without a guide. You talk to the animals and they'll tell you the info you need to know about themselves or other animals. If you're not sure who's the fake, you can just talk to everyone who Blanca isn't visiting at the time to find out. A guide is still the quickest way to find out who the wafflehanger :lol: is.

EDIT: I noticed that whenever you leave a house after they give you the towel, the fake is always the first one to say something before you go out the door. The fake just happened to be standing on the right side each time, but this time the fake was on the left and the animal on the right is always the one to speak first before you go out the door, so it's not a good way of telling who's real and who isn't.

I'm in need of a wet suit if anyone has one to spare. I think I lost mine and can't seem to be able to get one on my own. I should be on around 9:30 cst tonight. I appreciate any help.
I'm almost positive when I went to the island today there was a wet suit for sale. Want to stop by and see?

Edit: gate is open...I'll be playing x360 but I should hear if someone comes to town. ;)

Edit: closed...going to bed

I finally got my hands on a piece of the sloppy furniture. Boone was selling a Sloppy Lamp. This is going to be a long set to collect.
I have a sloppy record player I can let you catalog and then buy from your shop if you'd like. I am also looking for the sloppy series, I only have the record player and lamp from benjamin. Sadly he moved out when I quit playing the game for a few weeks. Hes now in my girlfriends town so I have asked her to keep checking for the sloppy series. If anyone else has any of the sloppy series.. Please let us know!!! I have wanted this series since I first saw it but only recently realized how hard it was to come by when I was reading about it on thonky.

I have a sloppy record player I can let you catalog and then buy from your shop if you'd like. I am also looking for the sloppy series, I only have the record player and lamp from benjamin. Sadly he moved out when I quit playing the game for a few weeks. Hes now in my girlfriends town so I have asked her to keep checking for the sloppy series. If anyone else has any of the sloppy series.. Please let us know!!! I have wanted this series since I first saw it but only recently realized how hard it was to come by when I was reading about it on thonky.
Ya that sounds great. Let me know when you're available so I can catalog the record player.

bread's done
Back