Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
In addition to the current sale at Deep Discount, you can take an extra 10% off of some recent anime releases until 10/31 using the code DDBB77.
Didn't know about this, and I just ordered Haganai a few days ago...damn! Could have saved a few bucks.

What another season are you talking about?
Stardust Crusaders been confirmed for a 2014 release

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-18/jojo-bizarre-adventure-part-3-tv-anime-slated-for-2014

e237YK6.jpg

qZdpfJ1.jpg

The quality of the original OAV was horrible, and really need a remake to be the same quality of the new jojo.  If Stardust does well (which it should), then we will see Diamond next.

There is nothing wrong with the quality, outside of the fact that it is dated. The first OVA came out in 1993, with the second OVA series in 2002. There was nothing horrible about it, unless you are one of those jaded anime fans tht only care about animation quality. IMO, the 1993 OVA and 2002 OVA were better quality than the recent tv series.

Today only, if you run the code  treat15   in at checkout at DeepDiscount, it will take an additional 15% off your purchase on any items.

Really puts out some good sales in combination with their anime sale!

Today only, if you run the code treat15 in at checkout at DeepDiscount, it will take an additional 15% off your purchase on any items.

Really puts out some good sales in combination with their anime sale!
Thanks! I picked up the Angel Beats Blu for $28.55.

Honestly thinking about picking up season 2 and 3 of Shakugan no Shana from DD. Don't think they are ever going to release them in one big package like the first season.

I picked up Collections 1 & 2 of Fairy Tail for $50.17 thanks to the 15% off coupon, a pretty sweet deal considering the half-as-long Part sets are going for ~$25-$30 each. :bouncy:

Anybody else having trouble checking out using PayPal on DeepDiscount? I get an error message saying "the page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occured." I Googled this problem and another online shop said, "due to a known and apparently universal glitch with Paypal, that Paypal seems to have no intention of fixing, sales which are a certain percentage off regular price cannot be processed at the sale price." Wondering if this has anything to do with why I can't checkout. I'd rather not use my credit card, but it looks like I might have to.

Anybody else having trouble checking out using PayPal on DeepDiscount? I get an error message saying "the page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occured." I Googled this problem and another online shop said, "due to a known and apparently universal glitch with Paypal, that Paypal seems to have no intention of fixing, sales which are a certain percentage off regular price cannot be processed at the sale price." Wondering if this has anything to do with why I can't checkout. I'd rather not use my credit card, but it looks like I might have to.
Yeah, I got the same error message; I didn't want to use my CC either, but I had to to get my order through.

where is the best place to preorder the gatchaman bluray set...I noticed the preorder price has gone up considerably from where it was earlier when i wasnt ready to preorder :(

where is the best place to preorder the gatchaman bluray set...I noticed the preorder price has gone up considerably from where it was earlier when i wasnt ready to preorder :(
Deepdiscount seems to have it for $99.22 after the Treat15 code, Otherwise it's $112.49 at Rightstuf.com and $129.99 at Amazon.com

Honestly thinking about picking up season 2 and 3 of Shakugan no Shana from DD. Don't think they are ever going to release them in one big package like the first season.
They probably will sometime next year. And then after that the Anime Classics re-release.

Welcome to the world of DD!

On a serious note though DD are generally pretty slow at shipping out product, and the way their site works is rather sloppy at times, so some of these answers you are looking for you may have to wait for awhile, or you may never get an answer at all, or you will be stuck with a back and forth with customer service.  Usually only buy items that are in stock, and not noted as in stock in certain days, and definitely avoid backordered items on DD.

Personally I've had pretty good experiences with DD lately, but I always make my purchases immediately at the start of their sales, so I've been pretty fortunate.

Personally I've had pretty good experiences with DD lately, but I always make my purchases immediately at the start of their sales, so I've been pretty fortunate.
I've been shopping with DD for quite some time and they're usually pretty good. Sometimes shipping could take forever, but it's hard to say no to some of their sales. This time however, the situation is downright bizarre. Not only did I never get an email confirmation, I can no longer sign-in to the DD website with my account (despite signing in yesterday when I placed the order). When I try to get a new password, I'm told that there's no account by my email address.

What makes this worst, is that my order was for $85 and they already charged my card. Maybe I'll try calling their customer service, but after hearing some DD horror stories, I doubt I'll get much help from them.

I've generally had good luck with them, though you have to be tolerant of their uninformative ordering/history system.  Last completed order I received cleanly was during that B2G1 that made three Sentai titles app. $27 apiece.  I did also just use that 15% off code yesterday for Elfen Lied and a movie.

However, I have never ordered something from DD that I would expect extra care in shipping, like a Funi LE set.

Deep Discount is a hit and miss for me. Sometimes I get everything, sometimes I only get some things.

Last December, I ordered a few anime titles at a pretty good discount. I ordered maybe ten titles over two orders. In total, I received six titles with the rest saying "backordered" on my account page. After about a month, sometime in January/February, I e-mailed them to ask the status of my order. I checked their website and my missing items were in stock. They said my stuff was still backordered. To this day, everything I wanted is in stock but my order still says backordered.

Also, if you want something, be sure you absolutely want it. You can't cancel items with them even if they have not yet shipped. I cancelled one item from one of the orders mentioned above, asked the lady to confirm with me that the item is 100% canceled, and I received it in about a week anyway. LOL No biggie.

Still, when they are good, they are good. Some nice deals every once in a while.

Since I'm struggling mightily to figure out if I want something from there:

EDIT - I wish this was available for pre-orders.  -_-  Well, yeah, that's a given.

#2 - the code is ZOMBIE or VAMPIRE.  You are supposed to pick.

#3 - It is currently letting me put in pre-orders for video games.

Since I'm struggling mightily to figure out if I want something from there:

EDIT - I wish this was available for pre-orders. -_- Well, yeah, that's a given.

#2 - the code is ZOMBIE or VAMPIRE. You are supposed to pick.

#3 - It is currently letting me put in pre-orders for video games.
Where is this? Gohastings.com? DD? What's the coupon for?

Thanks for extra 15% off

Another

Elfen Lied

Golgo 13

Under $102 Shipped.
Didn't know Elfen Lied got a bluray and it has OVA on it :eek: I'm so out of the loop. Is this a good upgrade?

Missed the 15%, but it's still cheaper than Amazon even with shipping. Any too good to pass up stand outs in this sale to bump it up to free shipping?

Didn't know Elfen Lied got a bluray and it has OVA on it :eek: I'm so out of the loop. Is this a good upgrade?

Missed the 15%, but it's still cheaper than Amazon even with shipping. Any too good to pass up stand outs in this sale to bump it up to free shipping?
Huh, never knew there was an OVA for Elfen Lied. Loved the show, but not sure if I'm going to upgrade just for the OVA, unless I hear it's worthy of such.

I think I'm just going to save up for the RIght Stuff Christmas sale.  Because right after that I go to Magfest and end up spending money there....

New Rightstuf Catalogue Codes

$4 off your order of $60 or more!

Code#: CP35-01

Medaka Box Blu-ray $37.49

Code#: CP35-02

Shining Hearts Blu-ray $37.49

Code#: CP35-03

All coupons may only be used one time per account.  Codes all expire 4/1/14

I never watched Elfen Lied but it so weird to see the ADV logo on a case after not seeing it on a new release for what feels like almost a decade now. I been considering Sentai as the "new" ADV but thanks to lovely Wikipedia, I see that ADV split into five companies now. I don't know too much about licensing (specifcally) but I guess this is sort of a Sentai release but under the ADV name since they originally licensed it, right? 

As a side thing, I been wondering for years about the original Evangelion TV license. We know Funimation would grab it in a heartbeat but I guess they have to wait for the rights to expire before they can do anything. 

According to Dave Williams, ADV still exists and is its own company now. Obviously take with a grain of salt given the source.

Take this with a grain of salt, but Blu-ray.com has a listing for Pokemon: the Complete Original Series (likely Kanto and Orange Islands) on Blu-ray, but no release date and no store has a listing. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Pokemon-The-complete-original-series-Blu-ray/79551/

In other Pokemon news, Echo Bridge is re-releasing their Movie 4-7 DVD while Viz is re-releasing Kanto in the same style casing as their recent Naruto and Bleach sets.

And before anyone asks, no, the Japanese version will not be on any of these discs. It would take too much money to re-edit the series and neither Nintendo of Japan nor Nintendo of America want the Japanese version released.

Should I buy the Grave of the Fireflies Blu-ray for $16, or is it likely to drop to a lower price during the upcoming holiday sales?

Eh, it might during RightStuf's Xmas sale (what better movie during the holidays!), but not by too much since it is a Blu-ray.

I found out today that MovieStop has stopped their Buy 2 Get 1 Free on used anime. I can understand, because the majority of their selection are old singles, but I managed to get some great deals there since their Bandai and Sentai used sets were almost always $19.99.

Hey guys, little off topic, but what's the site that does the buy 20 blind dvd's for 20 dollars? and when is their next sale?
Speaking of this deal, it seems Crunchyroll is running it again

$30 anime dvd's for $25 + $7 ship, or $19.99 + $7 ship for members

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/deals/1242/mystery-box-of-30-anime-dvds-version-20

Also, I did see $26 volumes of manga for $30 + $10 shipping, or $24 + $10 shipping

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/deals/1240/Mystery-Manga-Box-26-Volumes-of-Manga

Hmm...kinda interested but I don't usually like single volumes of anime. I do love blind boxes though.
By 2020, we'll probably start having blind DVD box set sales. As for the sale for singles, I feel that they are worthless. You'll buy most of one series but then a random volume or the last volume (cough Hayate cough) will be absurdly expensive. Or you just end up paying more than you would have if would have just gotten a newer release or the volumes one by one for a few dollars on Amazon.

Thanks, DNukem170, but I read on one of the Amazon reviews that the blu-ray and 2012 DVD release have dubtitles. I can't stand that.

Thanks, DNukem170, but I read on one of the Amazon reviews that the blu-ray and 2012 DVD release have dubtitles. I can't stand that.
What are you referring to? The Pokemon blus he posted earlier? If so, I believe those have always been dub only due to the edits.

Speaking of this deal, it seems Crunchyroll is running it again

$30 anime dvd's for $25 + $7 ship, or $19.99 + $7 ship for members

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/deals/1242/mystery-box-of-30-anime-dvds-version-20

Also, I did see $26 volumes of manga for $30 + $10 shipping, or $24 + $10 shipping

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/deals/1240/Mystery-Manga-Box-26-Volumes-of-Manga
Hmm, I did this deal last time Crunchyroll had it (signed up for a free trial). I kept 2 movies, Macross V1, V2, V3, maybe something else, and 3 got rejected for trade in. Traded in the rest at local shop for ~$45. But back then it was only $15.99+$5.99s/h. Tempted to try again as I could probably still break even if nothing I like.

CrunchyRoll Deal Of The Day:Mysterious Box of 30 Anime DVDs

I was going to go for the manga box, but withheld against it as I don't need any more randoms just sitting around anymore that I have no intention of completing haha.

But now I am on the hunt for some of NIS's premium editions. I always wait way to long, or just plain on miss the boat on some of them. Have to be on the lookout for Bunny Drop and Anohana. Greaaat  :headache:

bread's done
Back