Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The original FMA started airing in 2003 and it got way ahead of the manga before long so it goes away from the manga. Brotherhood was made in 2009, a year after the manga finished so they could follow the plot well. My years may be a bit off but that's the jist of it.

I wouldn't recommend bleach or Naruto. I haven't watched either but both mangas are kinda eh right now.

Bleach ain't worth it IMO. The Anime/Manga should've ended after the Aizen arc.

Naruto is going out strong, the manga is expected to finish next year.

I recently cancelled my cable so I rely on Hulu plus, Netflix, and torrenting. Don't mind the ads on Hulu plus, I only get 2-4 ads totalling around 2 minutes. As opposed to regular tv getting 8 mins for every 22 min show.

I still torrent and upload anime like a beast, but I stick to private torrent sites. You'll never see me on piratebay, etc.

Anyways dumbo me procrastinated and missed the right stuf sale. So here's my haul from the amazon sale
Note everything is in Blu ray

Yu Yu Hakusho season 1 - 4
DBZ Kai Season 1 - 4
Akira 25th anniversary edition
Patlabor OVA collection
Tiger & Bunny the movie
Summer Wars

I would have gotten the Patlabor TV sets but right stuf had them cheaper this year. I'll pick them up at next years sale since those Blu ray sets are new and I will most likely see them again.

I recently cancelled my cable so I rely on Hulu plus, Netflix, and torrenting. Don't mind the ads on Hulu plus, I only get 2-4 ads totalling around 2 minutes. As opposed to regular tv getting 8 mins for every 22 min show.

I still torrent and upload anime like a beast, but I stick to private torrent sites. You'll never see me on piratebay, etc.

Anyways dumbo me procrastinated and missed the right stuf sale. So here's my haul from the amazon sale
Note everything is in Blu ray

Yu Yu Hakusho season 1 - 4
DBZ Kai Season 1 - 4
Akira 25th anniversary edition
Patlabor OVA collection
Tiger & Bunny the movie
Summer Wars

I would have gotten the Patlabor TV sets but right stuf had them cheaper this year. I'll pick them up at next years sale since those Blu ray sets are new and I will most likely see them again.
I would stream more but i have a 300gb cap which isn't much when you share your connection. I am cancelling my cable today and hoping i can get on business class through comcast so i can get rid of the cap. Even if i don't i will feel more comfortable going over my cap $10 per 50gb because i will be saving about $80. Still baffles me that we have caps going into 2014.

I would stream more but i have a 300gb cap which isn't much when you share your connection. I am cancelling my cable today and hoping i can get on business class through comcast so i can get rid of the cap. Even if i don't i will feel more comfortable going over my cap $10 per 50gb because i will be saving about $80. Still baffles me that we have caps going into 2014.
It could be worse, like the 250 cap days. Now that was just awful...

Is Summer Wars part of this sale and by it saying it will ship in 9-12 days, will I for sure get one or is it like backordered/sold out?

Is Summer Wars part of this sale and by it saying it will ship in 9-12 days, will I for sure get one or is it like backordered/sold out?
It is indeed part of the sale, but you so late it's been out of stock for awhile, and people just keep ordering them, so the dates gets pushed further and further back, but it will get fulfilled if you order it, so no worries.

Very rarely will Amazon cancel an order in my experience, so just order it if you want it, and wait it out because the sales are supposed to end at midnight later today, so don't take too long to decide. ;D

I'm one step away from regret!!!!!  :wall:  :whistle2:

14y0k13.jpg

My Rightstuf DVD order just arrived. Unfortunately, Mushi-shi is still on backorder. My final haul: 

Hellsing: The Complete Series

B.E.C.K: Mongolian Chop Squad Complete Series

Dead Space: Aftermath

$1 Blind Box Mystery Item: Submarine 707R.

$5 Blind Box Mystery Item: Macross Volume 2

This is the second time I got Submarine 707R. I think I'll stop buying the $1 Blind Box from now on.

The original FMA started airing in 2003 and it got way ahead of the manga before long so it goes away from the manga. Brotherhood was made in 2009, a year after the manga finished so they could follow the plot well. My years may be a bit off but that's the jist of it.
The original author also wanted them to go in a completely different direction to avoid spoiling the manga. Hence no Ling or Olivia.

Also, Brotherhood isn't quite 100% accurate either, as any Roy/Riza shipper can tell you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Hastings is having a 50% off sale all Used right now. Their Blu-rays are mostly picked over, but they still have quite a few anime DVDs in stock.

Peer pressure has led me to buy it!!!

:bs: :bs:

You've won Amazon.
huehuehuehue

If you haven't seen Spice and Wolf I think that you will thoroughly enjoy it.

I think I might end up ordering one more time from Amazon when I get home tonight. Better to get a good deal while I can and then slack off on buying things during the year.

Jesus, nobody in this thread will have any money by the time 2014 hits.
Luckily I only spent about $7.2k last year on anime, so hopefully 2014 will be a little less lenient on my bank account seeing how I spent $8k the previous year.

I'm going to be hurting after I come back from Taiwan/Japan, so need to probably start learning some self control with my spendings, or at least for a little while. XD

Jesus, nobody in this thread will have any money by the time 2014 hits.
Well, I have about 8 hours to go completely bankrupt before 2014. I can give it a shot! Maybe I should order Fate/Zero, Blue Exorcist, and Sword Art Online bluray editions.......that would just about do it. :D/

Well, I have about 8 hours to go completely bankrupt before 2014. I can give it a shot! Maybe I should order Fate/Zero, Blue Exorcist, and Sword Art Online bluray editions.......that would just about do it. :D/
Just order anything Aniplex and it's guaranteed bankruptcy. ;D

I don't see why they don't place shipping restrictions on certain products on Rightstuf,and Amazon if their so scared about that. I know Aniplex USA does it,along with Amazon JP with some of their products.

I didn't buy much during the Right Stuf sale due to buying anime all year.

My pickups:

Bodacious Space Pirates 1-2 Bluray

Blue Seed

Gungrave Bluray

Vandread

Aquarian Age

Colorful: The Movie Bluray

Casshern Sins (SAVE Edition) Bluray

Tylor: Irresponsible Captain Set

Saiyuki

I'm waiting for them to put up the Ranma 1/2 Bluray so I can order it along with Accel World Part 2.

Anyone know of any place to get the 3 rurouni kenshin sets cheap? Or just a complete series? Loved that show many, many, many, many years ago but can't justify $60-80 per season, especially considering the entire run is 95 episodes. That would be $180+

I remember eBay having a few cheap copies, but those might've been bootlegs. You could look around there but keep an eye out for anything that hints at a bootleg.

to the person that ordered it, have you seen saiyuki? Read the manga and its sequels and prequels and enjoyed them.

Basically all of the music was different (and not for the better). Not sure if you're referring to this, but you made me think of what is probably my favorite scene in the entire anime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx2vMyVkmLE
Nah not that scene...I'm actually happy they changed that music lol. I'm talking about this one. The music while they are all yammering as they struggle to stand up and then when Vegeta drops a bomb on Cell. Epic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t22NEpftU2k

Luckily I only spent about $7.2k last year on anime, so hopefully 2014 will be a little less lenient on my bank account seeing how I spent $8k the previous year.

I'm going to be hurting after I come back from Taiwan/Japan, so need to probably start learning some self control with my spendings, or at least for a little while. XD
Seeing this makes me a little scared. I used this sale as an excuse to start collecting anime~ I loved Toonami and stuff when I was little and watched some shows here and there but only really started getting into anime this passed year. Now I am watching weeklies on Crunchyroll and other sites and rarely watch normal TV anymore ._. Anyways here are my pickups~

Black Lagoon Seasons 1 & 2

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

FMA Brotherhood Complete Collection 1

FMA Brotherhood Complete Collection 2

FMA Brotherhood OVA Collection

High Schoool DxD

Serial Experiments Lain Complete

Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine

FLCL Complete

Summer Wars

Persona 4 Collection 1 & 2

Spice & Wolf Complete

Steins Gate Complete 1 & 2

Soul Eater Complete

Samurai Champloo Complete

Ninja Scroll

Ouran High School Complete

I wanted a few more but already blew my xmas money and then some~~ :<

I thought the same thing about Bleach initially, but this last arc is actually pretty interesting. I'm not ready to say they should have ended it after the Aizen arc yet :) Naruto is going well, but I'm looking forward to that wrapping up as well. Some random b/s twists in that manga that don't make a lot of sense to me (i.e. Sasuke), but it's still enjoyable.

Anyone know of any place to get the 3 rurouni kenshin sets cheap? Or just a complete series? Loved that show many, many, many, many years ago but can't justify $60-80 per season, especially considering the entire run is 95 episodes. That would be $180+
Get lucky with GoHastings or an in-store used place. The US DVDs are out of print.

Season 3 sucks anyway. Don't bother.

man... I don't know if you are allowed to say only 7.2k lol.

that's still a lot of anime... though I think my collection is worth that much... I keep seeing people link shows I own that I picked p for $5-$10 (like fancy lala) that are worth a lot more now so i think my collection is worth a single year of yours, but your collection must be super sexy @_@

man... I don't know if you are allowed to say only 7.2k lol.

that's still a lot of anime... though I think my collection is worth that much... I keep seeing people link shows I own that I picked p for $5-$10 (like fancy lala) that are worth a lot more now so i think my collection is worth a single year of yours, but your collection must be super sexy @_@
His collection has to be super sexy if Square spent 15.2 k on it in the past two years.

High School DxD is as cheap as its been, as it's a relatively new release. Can't guarentee there won't be a re-release next year.

Eden of the East only gets cheaper if you get it Used and use sales.

FLCL is more or less about as cheap as it regularly gets.
The logic and peer pressure is strong in this thread. I've since added these to my cart:

Trigun Complete Series Boxset DVD's $17

Heaven's Lost Property $25.50

Heaven's Lost Property Forte $25.50

v-(don't think these are on sale, but still eyeing them)-v

Persona 4 Collection 1 $35.14

Persona 4 Collection 2 $31.33

My cart is just getting worse the longer I wait and think about it :whee:

The logic and peer pressure is strong in this thread. I've since added these to my cart:

Trigun Complete Series Boxset DVD's $17

Heaven's Lost Property $25.50

Heaven's Lost Property Forte $25.50

v-(don't think these are on sale, but still eyeing them)-v

Persona 4 Collection 1 $35.14

Persona 4 Collection 2 $31.33

My cart is just getting worse the longer I wait and think about it :whee:
The Persona 4 Collection 1 and 2 Blu Ray are currently $22.74 each at deep discount free shipping on orders over $25. So that's about a $20 savings over Amazon.

For those of you that have caps, have you thought about a seedbox? That is what I use when I torrent. For about $16 a month I can store 300 GB of torrents in a box overseas, that has a 1 gbps connection. Once the file hits 100%, I FTP to the seedbox and download the file straight to my machine.

I personally don't think I could live with a cap. My house easily does over a few TB of data a month. But considering I pay like $65 a month for a 100mbps upload, it is well worth it. Just by tormenting anime,I do about a TB a month. I also torrent a whole lot more, movies, games, emulators

Quick question: I already have Soul Eater DVD, is the BR worth it?
Yep. I double dipped myself back when the BR's were originally released as two sets. It looks great in HD.

Also, I want Square's job. 7k in anime is insane. All of my anime combined is probably worth 1k-1.5k and I've been buying it since 2007.

Yep. I double dipped myself back when the BR's were originally released as two sets. It looks great in HD.

Also, I want Square's job. 7k in anime is insane. All of my anime combined is probably worth 1k-1.5k and I've been buying it since 2007.
Thanks for the feedback. I got a $25 Amazon gift card for Christmas and used it to double dip. The art of this series is amazing. Will be nice to see it in HD.

Managed to get Bleach Set 6-8, Eizou Hakusho, Wallflower, Tower of Druaga, Project Blue Earth S.O.S., Ragnarok, Sands of Destruction, Black Cat, Aquarion Evol P1, Eureka Seven AO P1, and Okami-san from Hastings for about $180. Aquarion and Okami were thr only ones above $15.

Received a decent amount of my anime in the mail today and my Persona Collection 2 was cracked at the hinges :( Hopefully Amazon will replaces it since it is in stock still. 

Chiming in late here, but I've only bought a handful of anime this year and the two that stand out are Fate/zero and Sword Art Online -- both Aniplex titles. Some may hate the price tags but the quality of the product is amazing. Personally, this is a reasonable trade-off for me since I used to spend nearly $1.5K a year on anime in the days of 8 volume series on DVD with an artbox to house them. Besides, not a ton of anime titles I like have had releases I'd buy. Mirai Nikki and Deadman Wonderland, for instance, are two shows that probably won't be getting Blu-ray releases but I'd buy in a heartbeat if they were made available.

Is there a good strategy for reselling the DVDs from the combo packs? I'll never need them so I thought I'd try to make some money to buy more anime.

So far I have Spice and Wolf S1 & S2, Fujiko Mine and few others. I'd mainly look to sell them off on here. Would it be worth the time to find and print out new cover art?

Is there a good strategy for reselling the DVDs from the combo packs? I'll never need them so I thought I'd try to make some money to buy more anime.

So far I have Spice and Wolf S1 & S2, Fujiko Mine and and few others. I'd mainly look to sell them off on here. Would it be worth the time to find and print out new cover art?
I've seen alot of people just sell the discs only on eBay.

bread's done
Back