Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Brotherhood's first ten episodes start it out on such a rushed, sour note that I'd never suggest that version over the first 30-ish episodes from the original series. Obviously this is just my opinion, but both are worth watching in their entirety, and thankfully they're both available for streaming.
i can agree with those first 10. made me want to drop the series but it got better and better and better as it went alongside.

Well, the first series did that part extremely well and the staff figured the audience was watching for the new stuff anyways, so it was rushed for that reason.

Honestly, I love both series. The first one is less epic, but IMO far more personal than Brotherhood. And the final fight in Brotherhood might get a bit too Shonen Jump-y for some people.

I respectfully disagree with you guys. I wouldn't tell someone to skip FMA just because Brotherhood exists. Plus, there's the added advantage in this situation that only one show currently exists. It's easy to say something that doesn't exist "will be better" based on other work, but we have no way of knowing this.

But yeah, streaming it would be a good idea. Order wise, I'll always suggest that people should watch things in the order that they were released.
I'd argue that FMA is worth watching just for the additional characterization you get for Hughes, Mustang, and Hawkeye. Brotherhood is much, much better but I would not have felt as strongly as I did for those three characters had I not watched FMA before brotherhood. Its just the consequence of the creators not wanting to spend too much time going over the same beginning ground. I'd go into detail, but spoilers...anyone else feel something similar?

I'd argue that FMA is worth watching just for the additional characterization you get for Hughes, Mustang, and Hawkeye. Brotherhood is much, much better but I would not have felt as strongly as I did for those three characters had I not watched FMA before brotherhood. Its just the consequence of the creators not wanting to spend too much time going over the same beginning ground. I'd go into detail, but spoilers...anyone else feel something similar?
RIP Hughes. Cried like a pup in the original fma. Mustang was a complete badass. His whole ending was killer. Riza was equally awesome.

Please spoiler major plot points in series.

This is still the deals discussion thread, and not the anime discussion thread, but even then you'd still be using a spoiler for that. ;P

This is still the deals discussion thread, and not the anime discussion thread, but even then you'd still be using a spoiler for that. ;P
So, uh...to get back to deals, is Freezing Season 1 for $22.99 a good one? My question went ignored last time. :nottalking:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Freezing-Anime-Classics-Season-1-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d031%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-031-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00KDQDU2G&ASIN=B00KDQDU2G&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It just all depends on how much you like boobies, and blood, so just depends on how you decide to balance those two things out. Think of it as a darker version of Maken-ki.

I agree on the use of spoilers or being vague. Even on older shows where the majority of us have seen it, someone that hasn't might have picked up an interest from us talking about it. Though I do wish that the Anime Discussion Thread wasn't just a dead fish lying on the forum floors. It just seemed like any discussion always migrated back here anyway.

As for Freezing, I think the bigger question is how low does the average price for an Anime Classics release get? If it were a SAVE set I'd say $23 is too high and it will get cheaper, but I don't know how the Anime Classics stuff hold their value.

It just all depends on how much you like boobies, and blood, so just depends on how you decide to balance those two things out. Think of it as a darker version of Maken-ki.
you can't go wrong with boobies, and blood.

Since the creator of FMA is behind it, it may get a dub later on. If that happens, I can see Kaze/All the Anime/Manga in the UK picking it up. They have also picked up some sub only anime from Aniplex too so that could be happen in the future... so in other words, if you become of us cool UK importing guys you can get in on that. ;)
Not sure I'm cool enough to become one of you guys.

That's a fair price assuming you want to watch it relatively soon-ish. If you're in no rush, it will more than likely dip below $20 in the next couple of months (if Heaven's Lost Property's price is anything to go by, plus holiday sales, etc).

Just got Senran Kagura and they did not list the 6 special episodes on the box. I hope they didn't take out the features.

I liked the Manga for Freezing way more than the anime. The later arcs had definitely gotten interesting. :lol:
yeah, the manga for freezing basically turn into a harem in the later arcs. LOL freezing reminds me more of sekirei, than maken-ki

The extras for Senran Kagura is missing from the release. Hopefully Funimation will have a statement on it.
rlxXlcW.jpg
aseZkX9.jpg

^^^

The Devil is a Part-Timer is such a great show. I watched the entire season yesterday and it was pretty entertaining. I really hope we get a Season 2 in the near future. Speaking of that show were did you go about getting it? I'm probably going to order from RS in a few days as they are the cheapest.

^^^

The Devil is a Part-Timer is such a great show. I watch the entire season yesterday and it was pretty entertaining. I really hope we get a Season 2 in the near future. Speaking of that show were did you go about getting it? I'm probably going to order from RS in a few days as they are the cheapest.
I bought it from RS.

Thanks for the heads up. I missed out on my chance to get it for $37 so for about $5 more I won't complain.
The LE is still $38 on DVD Planet. And the dub for the anime is great. How is the LE btw? Is it just a box? Because if so, I won't bang my head against the wall.

But did you read it? lol

I know it's haven't come out yet but I'm planning to get this season
I hate opinion reviews for people that don't own the product. Amazon needs to really get the word out that they do have discussion forums for each product page.

freezing turned out better than I expected (so it was an average anime watch instead of compelte garbage) overall I enjoyed it a bit more than heaven's lost property, but not as much as rosario + vampire. It's not exactly easy to recommend as I never really recommend ecchi stuff to people, but if you are into that sort of thing it's a decent watch. (either way I would always just watch some and see if you like it instead of buying it first)

The LE is still $38 on DVD Planet. And the dub for the anime is great. How is the LE btw? Is it just a box? Because if so, I won't bang my head against the wall.
Oh thank you for that. I'll check that out soon then.

And as far as I know yeah it is just slipbox (chipboard box). I don't think there were any art cards at all. Or anything like that.

I agree that dub for it was very well done. I loved Chi voice, it was annoying but cute I guess you could say.

Holy Moly. Just finished wrapping up a sale on eBay. I finally captured all of Gundam wing. Payed 40 for the rest of the series that I needed but I got the other half I already had which are going straight to FYE for a whopping total of 42. So I break even. No adjusted price on Endless Waltz but for 8 bucks thats a steal seeing as these auctions go into the 30s for a one disc movie thats oop. I'm spent lol. May buy a movie this week THor 3d but I'm spent until payday. 

Shame Rosario plus Vampire wasnt as great as it should have been. It went off tangent so much when compared to the source material. Oh well, it was a harem series to begin with.

Funimation got rid of the mention of the Special Features on the Senran Kagura store page. Right Stuf apologized on their site saying the listing was wrong.

Quick question how do you guys feel about mix match series on different media (buy Season 1 and 2 on DVD but Season 3 on bluray?)

getting this for my birthday. i love life

Funimation got rid of the mention of the Special Features on the Senran Kagura store page. Right Stuf apologized on their site saying the listing was wrong.

Quick question how do you guys feel about mix match series on different media (buy Season 1 and 2 on DVD but Season 3 on bluray?)
shit happens man. i hate it but its whatever. darker than black. good series. you get the first season on dvd and the second half with the ova on blu ray. looks awkward as hell. first season is the big anime classics box and the second is the little blu ray. happens though

how does everyone feel about discontinued packaging for certain anime. like death note. volume 1 and 2 had the death note book box packaging and volume 2 got discontinued and repackaged as just a dvd slim case. annoying as hell

A terrible sin this is!! Lol not really, but personally I prefer uniformity. I won't rebuy a show usually though (geneon black lagoon & funi Roberta's blood trail). But if it's after the fact I'll get all of the same. Inuyasha only comes in dvd so I'd rather just get the dvd version of final act.

funimation got around to talking about the missing extras

We have recently been made aware of an error in listings for Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash! which stated that the release includes six OVA episodes. We do not have the rights to these extras, and they are not included on the release.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected]. Thank you!
- See more at: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/07/28/important-notice-about-the-senran-kagura-release/#sthash.qqlXZEt5.dpuf

funimation got around to talking about the missing extras
That's a real bummer and a pretty big oversight. Especially when it was listed at more than one place. Noticed the missing extras earlier when I got my LE in the mail. *sigh* Oh well, not much I can do about it now.

That's a real bummer and a pretty big oversight. Especially when it was listed at more than one place. Noticed the missing extras earlier when I got my LE in the mail. *sigh* Oh well, not much I can do about it now.
It is a bit crappy, and some one should have noticed, but it's not like funimation can do anything to change it now... I mean they could offer a coupon or something if people complain via support or something but you are still getting the series, and it's likely most people who would have bought the series still would have bought it without those extras.

I imagine I would be mad if I cared about the series at all, but alas even with my very very low expectations for the booby warriors (my official localized name for the series :p) anime adaption, when I checked out it still disappointed me with how bad it was :/

Guys I think you should file a complaint of some sort or ask for a refund or coupon. If they have it listed on there then they should include those features and not let you know about licensing after the fact that you got the item and noticed they weren't on there. Especially all of you who went ahead and bought the limited edition. It's not fair and now you guys have to eventually pick up the OVA release when you thought you were getting it with what you bought. 

bread's done
Back