Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
i really like supporting rightstuf but it's hard to when even after their sale price on the Manga Ent. stuff AND after my GA discount, their prices are still higher than Amazon.

i really like supporting rightstuf but it's hard to when even after their sale price on the Manga Ent. stuff AND after my GA discount, their prices are still higher than Amazon.
I don't have much loyalty to companies when it comes to anime. rightstuf and amazon get most of my business but that is because they tend to have the best prices. (to be fair aside from NisA there are very few companies in general I blindly buy from... and I don't buy anime from NisA just their games)

Power outage finally over after 17 hours.

That could've been 17 hours worth of anime buying. T__T

Now to do the fun task of chucking out all the spoiled food in my fridges. :*(

Power outage finally over after 17 hours.

That could've been 17 hours worth of anime buying. T__T

Now to do the fun task of chucking out all the spoiled food in my fridges. :*(
Darn, that sucks. I guess if it happens a lot go grab a big cooler so you're prepared for next time.

And I'm thinking about stacking Redline with one of my current RS orders just so I can get that price... lol.

Viz announced the contents of the Gargantia LE set.

"This special edition contains a chipboard artbox and an 80-page, full-color premium booklet featuring art, character guides, episode summaries, and more!

Contains episodes 1-13 and OVA episodes 1-2.

Special Features: Petite Gargiantia Mini-Episodes 1-13 & Petite Gargantia Special (subtitled only), Clean Openings & Ending, Textless Episode Scenes, Original Japanese Commercials, Original Japanese Promotional Videos.

Spoken Languages: English, Japanese, English subtitles"

I was a fan while it was airing and am pretty excited to see how the dub turns out.

Also according to someone on the blu-ray.com forums the Cardcaptor Sakura dub is LPCM 2.0 with a bitrate of 1.9 Mbps rather than mono. (idk anything about sound ._.)

So should I jump on Fairy Tail now while it's $25.49 (I have parts 1-4 already), or wait and hope for the collections to start up again?

So should I jump on Fairy Tail now while it's $25.49 (I have parts 1-4 already), or wait and hope for the collections to start up again?
I did, figure it'll be awhile if they decide to bring em back. Kinda like one piece.

Funi is trying to suck out all the money possible from the individual parts before releasing Collections 3-5 just like with Evangelion 3.33 they are trying to get it into as many theatres possible getting as much money possible. My hope is within the next half a year or 2015 they'll release the rest of the series which they will but they would have already made the most money off of you who went ahead and bought the parts. Now you're stuck with 10 dvds (idk how many in reality) and are now trying to sell em to get the collections. So just wait

The question is how long are you willing to wait for not just the collections, but also for a specific price on those collections? If you plan to buy each of the collections right away for $30, you'd only save yourself $20 over buying the two parts right now. If you wait for a sale on that, you'd probably only save an additional $10.

How long of a wait is worth $20/30 (per collection) to you?

The question is how long are you willing to wait for not just the collections, but also for a specific price on those collections? If you plan to buy each of the collections right away for $30, you'd only save yourself $20 over buying the two parts right now. If you wait for a sale on that, you'd probably only save an additional $10.

How long of a wait is worth $20/30 (per collection) to you?
actually i don't mind waiting. i have a backlog of stuff and lots of anime i want to get into thats reasonably priced and very long. therefore the wait will have been eased prior to the full collections coming out.

I have been watching Gagantia on Neon Alley, it is pretty good so far.

Don't like the Animax Cardcaptor Sakura dub. Really hesitant to upgrade to the new set.

Oh, and the Fairy Tail Set 5 DVD auction I was talking about before? Final bid was $23.

Otakon is next weekend so I can see them making a potential announcement about a third Fairy Tail collection. I'd say if not, just jump on the parts. I just know at the Funimation panels I've been to at Otakon in the past, the 1st half is Rojas or whoever announcing renewals, movies, and new releases to their shonen licenses (DBZ, One Piece, and Fairy Tail). 

Am hoping Funi annouces there that they got Terror in Resonance; it'd be a shame if AoA gets their hands on it.
I agree, I see that they are showing it on Funimation.com as I was streaming it through my 360.
I just hope that they were able to get the license for it as well.

Well, went to buy the 5-10 sets of Fairy Tail this morning and all but #10 jumped up in price. Guess I'll be waiting after all.

It is worth it to pre-order the complete series of Stein's Gate from Right Stuf for $32.99 (don't see it anywhere cheaper at the moment) or do you envision a price drop for the set after release?  

Release date is Sept 30th.  

It is worth it to pre-order the complete series of Stein's Gate from Right Stuf for $32.99 (don't see it anywhere cheaper at the moment) or do you envision a price drop for the set after release?

Release date is Sept 30th.
Complete Steins;gate for $32? Dude, go for it. That's a steal!

I swore that the very same Stein's Gate edition was $28.99 or $29.99 earlier on - a few weeks ago at least.

It could be my imagination though so take with salt.

I think I'll try Steins;Gate for $32. 

On an unrelated note, I'm disappointed that neither Wakamote or So I Can't Play H include dub tracks. I'm hoping that the upcoming Super Sonico release does, but I highly doubt it. 

funimation is working on making up for booby warriors ova's missing.

Further Information about Senran Kagura
cb69d72723.png
source

Eh that's not making up for their mistake. They sold a product to people under false pretenses. They are doing the bare minimum.
i'm not butt hurt about the mistake but it is a good chunk of content missing so it seems like they should do some sort of partial refund for those interested since we're still paying $XX for less content.

i'm not butt hurt about the mistake but it is a good chunk of content missing so it seems like they should do some sort of partial refund for those interested since we're still paying $XX for less content.
or you could just get a full refund through this process and buy it again when it's a price you want it at? I mean it's a shame that someone messed up the listings, but it's not like funimation can afford to sell the sets dirt cheap. they don't have a ton of money to work with despite being one of the more successful anime localizers.

I imagine if you complain to that email though you could likely get something like a $10 credit to their shop (though my dealings with their CS haven't been great... not horrible but not impressive either)

Wakamote? You mean Watamote right? It has a dub.
Oops, yep that's what I meant to type. I was getting it confused with the Fozzie Bear anime Waka Waka. I'm looking forward to getting it now, I had been under the impression that there was no dub (at least going by Amazon's incorrect listing, which labels the release only as language: Japanese, subtitles: English).

People actually want Super Sonico?

Wait, you mean to say, there are people who don't want Super Sonico?

My Watamote set is reserved for my order,so that's a heads up for everyone else who ordered that it'll be shipping soon.
Thank you. Because of this post, I barely noticed a serious error on one of my TRSI orders. My Sentai studio sale order has me down for six copes of Majestic Prince Blu-ray Collection 2 instead of other anime I ordered (Watamote included). I know its an error because they are on my emailed invoice but not on the website. I hope RIghtstuf can fix this! :(

Thank you. Because of this post, I barely noticed a serious error on one of my TRSI orders. My Sentai studio sale order has me down for six copes of Majestic Prince Blu-ray Collection 2 instead of other anime I ordered (Watamote included). I know its an error because they are on my emailed invoice but not on the website. I hope RIghtstuf can fix this! :(
You mean you don't want six copies of Majestic Prince Collection 2?

bread's done
Back