Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_20140930_121303_627.jpg
Heres a photo of the reverse side of the cover.

For anybody that would be interested, Kmart has a pre-order for Bayonetta:Bloody Fate on bluray and DVD for $18.99. For those that don't know, kmart can be bad or okay with pre-orders. This is currently on Amazon for thirty and best buy for twenty five. I think they have free shipping on orders over sixty, but they sometimes have coupon codes I believe. Here is the link:http://entertainment.kmart.com/bayonetta-bloody-fate-anime-movie/704400072819

FYI, I got my Gargntia BD set today and it appears to be the TV-broadcast version based off of the comparison I looked up.

A shame.

FYI, I got my Gargntia BD set today and it appears to be the TV-broadcast version based off of the comparison I looked up.

A shame.
Care to elaborate upon the difference? I loved the show but didn't know there was an unedited or director's cut version.

I find it strange that Viz would go through the trouble of dubbing Gargantia without using the blu-ray footage for the release. Maybe it was unintentional as it wouldn't be the first time.

Edit: I think I prefer Ledo in the  broadcast version  though Amy looks a bit better in the blu-ray I think. 

@roger - I checked Amazon UK and it seems their Blu is sub only unless the listing is incorrect. While Amazon USA will get every BS review ever, almost nobody ever reviews anime on Amazon UK unless it's a huge title. I tweeted to Manga UK about their Blu but I see no Viz marking on their package, so if it's sub only, it could be the unedited version. 

Care to elaborate upon the difference? I loved the show but didn't know there was an unedited or director's cut version.
I was just going based off comparisons I found via googling. Mostly stuff like the usual touch-ups, lighting/face/perspective/positioning changes, different commercial cards, some minor redraws. That seventhstyle link posted in here has the ones I checked out.

All of the screenshots marked TV lined up with what I have. The visual quality is okay, but it could be much cleaner.

I find it strange that Viz would go through the trouble of dubbing Gargantia without using the blu-ray footage for the release. Maybe it was unintentional as it wouldn't be the first time.

Edit: I think I prefer Ledo in the broadcast version though Amy looks a bit better in the blu-ray I think.
That's why I tweeted them too, just to at least make them informed.

I was just going based off comparisons I found via googling. Mostly stuff like the usual touch-ups, lighting/face/perspective/positioning changes, different commercial cards, some minor redraws. That seventhstyle link posted in here has the ones I checked out.

All of the screenshots marked TV lined up with what I have. The visual quality is okay, but it could be much cleaner.

That's why I tweeted them too, just to at least make them informed.
I did the same lol

So the all of my stuff came in today and I cannot be even more pleased. Samurai 7 has all the artbooks and discs with not even the faintest hint of smoke. Although there is a tear in the cover art on the side which you'll see in the picture it really isn't that bothersome. All the Gundam DVD's are basically new save for Volume 4 of SEED which is missing the guidebook. Hate to double dip but the anal person inside of me will. Still waiting on SEED part 6 and deciding on whether I want to get the next 2 volumes of SEED 7-8 or finish off 08th MS team. Decisions decisions 

Hey guys I've been lurking here for a few days and finally went to create an account but apparently I already had one. Anyway I was wondering what the lowest you guys have seen chobits go for? I was looking at the bluray version specifically.

Hey guys I've been lurking here for a few days and finally went to create an account but apparently I already had one. Anyway I was wondering what the lowest you guys have seen chobits go for? I was looking at the bluray version specifically.
I've seen it down around $20 on amazon, but usually it's around $25-30 for the anime classics blu ray set.

You think it's worth the $30 something for that set? I may just wait around holidays and see if it goes lower.

Keep an eye on SecondSpin and GoHastings. Can usually get it heavily discounted when they run their 30% off sales.

I don't think it will go out of print before then. You should be fine waiting until the holidays. You can always change your mind if it looks like it might go oop.

So, the run times listed on Amazon for Gargantia in the US don't match the UK ones. Thoraxes (or anyone else that has one) can you check the actual set and see what it says for the runtime? The UK one is listed on MangaUK as 5 hr, 42.5 min (12 min longer than listed on amz US).

You think it's worth the $30 something for that set? I may just wait around holidays and see if it goes lower.
K is an alright show... some terrible characters and early writing bog it down... and it just kind of ends if I recall right, but overall it's a slightly above average show... I personally wouldn't pay $30 for it, but I am a cheap bastard and don't like paying more than $2 per episode >.>

Odd that my final hastings purchase is being shipped by the UPS as opposed to the USPS. Taking an awfully long amount of time. Hopefully it has the insert inside or I'll have to double dip for another copy and maybe sell off the other to FYE again. Seems as if Volume 4 thought the one that didn't have the insert was a rental story copy. Very beat up. Scent reminded me of BlockBuster plastic. Cracked case. 

I don't think it will go out of print before then. You should be fine waiting until the holidays. You can always change your mind if it looks like it might go oop.

So, the run times listed on Amazon for Gargantia in the US don't match the UK ones. Thoraxes (or anyone else that has one) can you check the actual set and see what it says for the runtime? The UK one is listed on MangaUK as 5 hr, 42.5 min (12 min longer than listed on amz US).
My box says Approx. 312 Minutes. 70 mins. Bonus Features.

312 = 24x13; so that's 24 mins per episode they try to account for. The bonus features are the two OVAs and probably something else I haven't seen/checked on yet.

naAgIiz.jpg

Odd that my final hastings purchase is being shipped by the UPS as opposed to the USPS. Taking an awfully long amount of time. Hopefully it has the insert inside or I'll have to double dip for another copy and maybe sell off the other to FYE again. Seems as if Volume 4 thought the one that didn't have the insert was a rental story copy. Very beat up. Scent reminded me of BlockBuster plastic. Cracked case.
It appears that most if not all of mine are being sent stupis UPS MI. I greatly dislike that when they ship them that way.

My box says Approx. 312 Minutes. 70 mins. Bonus Features.

312 = 24x13; so that's 24 mins per episode they try to account for. The bonus features are the two OVAs and probably something else I haven't seen/checked on yet.
Cool, thanks for checking. I guess we'll have to wait on word from MangaUK. I was hoping it'd be a more obvious difference, but I didn't realize they broke it up into two chunks of time like that.

Random question, where do you guys look to buy anime on black friday (or black week as it has been lately)? I haven't really paid attention the last couple years. Anyone get anything for a steal last year? 

Random question, where do you guys look to buy anime on black friday (or black week as it has been lately)? I haven't really paid attention the last couple years. Anyone get anything for a steal last year?
Unless I'm mistaken, a few Amazon Lightning Deals were the only real standouts last year, and I think NISA had a Black Friday sale on their online store. Right Stuf has their 12 Days sale every year, but that's closer to Christmas.

Unless I'm mistaken, a few Amazon Lightning Deals were the only real standouts last year, and I think NISA had a Black Friday sale on their online store. Right Stuf has their 12 Days sale every year, but that's closer to Christmas.
Rightstuf does a blackfriday sale also before the 25days sale

Amazon Black Friday usually only has Funimation titles but the BF/Christmas sales on RS will have a little bit of everything. 

bread's done
Back