Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
It was on my list with rightstuf but Christmas gifts for others got in the way and I didn't have an extra ~$200 for what was left on my list and I figured since sentai releases are normally so bare bone it would be safe to buy used from Hastings , yes this is pretty much a blinde buy I have downloaded the show and previewed the first ep but never got around to watching it

Seems like forever since I pre-ordered it. Know nothing about the show other than "cute girls doing cute things" but can't beat $20~
Mine is in the shipping status as well. Probably won't get it till Wednesday though. And agreed $20 is a steal.

Today's pickups.

Got this on ebay for $35 not as cheap as $13.

100_8545_zpsp7sc9ilq.jpg

100_8546_zpsnjwxknyl.jpg

100_8549_zpstlr8ijf5.jpg

Has anyone got their copy of love chib and other del, looks like mine should show up tommorow
I assume you mean Chuunibyo lol. I haven't gotten mine yet, but I always get Rightstuf shipments after everyone else. I'm like the furthest corner from them in the continental US.

Edit: Never mind!

January 27, 2015 , 7:33 am

Out for Delivery

I think its weird how they shipped some sets via Priority Mail and some Media Mail. Like my buddy of mine already got his yesterday and mine is coming on Friday lol.

I have all three seasons of Legend of Korra on Blu-Ray, with the original slipcovers. I was not aware that the value had risen in the second-hand market. I am not, however, interested in selling. I really like that series and those copies are staying in my personal collection.

The first three seasons of Korra are still readily available. Kinda weird if their secondhand prices went up. Maybe everyone has seen the ending by now and knows how much this series rocks!

My $20 A-Channel BR from Amazon came in. Forgot I had ordered it. Looked it up on myanimelist and its recommended series are Lucky Star and K-On, so I'm sure to enjoy this ^^

The first three seasons of Korra are still readily available. Kinda weird if their secondhand prices went up. Maybe everyone has seen the ending by now and knows how much this series rocks!

My $20 A-Channel BR from Amazon came in. Forgot I had ordered it. Looked it up on myanimelist and its recommended series are Lucky Star and K-On, so I'm sure to enjoy this ^^
Lol haven't seen the ending waiting on my blu Ray. still awesome though.

Watching the Chu2 dub and it is actually pretty enjoyable lol. A ton of little differences but some are hilarious. I would say the characters keep their charms though I can see how some things would upset purists. 

What does Dekomori actually say instead of death? And what is Mori Summer's name in the dub lol.
Mori Summer is still Mori Summer. Dekomori said death once so far but talks "normal" besides that. She is still a Chuni, just no more death. Rikka's "Ow's" are also well done.

Did gungrave blu ray and gunslinger girl season 1 blu ray released with a slip cover?I remember buying my gungrave complete series on amazon 4 yrs ago and it ddidn't come with one .

Someone want to convince me to get Got Anime Membership on Rightstuf? Does the discount apply for Holiday Sale items? Majority of my purchases happen in that time period. 

Also, crap looks like .hack/sign complete set raised in price a bit. Should have pre-ordered sooner. 

Did gungrave blu ray and gunslinger girl season 1 blu ray released with a slip cover?I remember buying my gungrave complete series on amazon 4 yrs ago and it ddidn't come with one .
My Gunslinger Girl S1 doesn't have a slipcover, and I don't see any slipcover versions on eBay. S2 did though.

Someone want to convince me to get Got Anime Membership on Rightstuf? Does the discount apply for Holiday Sale items? Majority of my purchases happen in that time period.

Also, crap looks like .hack/sign complete set raised in price a bit. Should have pre-ordered sooner.
No, it doesn't apply to Holiday Sale items 99.9% of the time. It's mostly good for studio sales.

But I did get an email from them because mine's expiring soon, and they're launching a Got Anime page.

Gungrave, yes.

Gunslinger Girl S1, no. S2, yes.

Unfortunately, they almost never do. Sometimes they will early on in the sale as they haven't quite marked them all down to not eligible for discount, but they usually fix it after awhile. That would be one of the only situation it would stack during the 12+.

However, the discounts typically work with almost all other sales year round that aren't a part of the 12+ sales, or the waves leading up to 12+, so it's good if you shop with them regularly outside of that. Of course there are still a number of exclusions with clearance, bargain, and other specifically noted products from particular publishers that will not be eligible for discounts whether it's or isn't on sale.

Unfortunately, they almost never do. Sometimes they will early on in the sale as they haven't quite marked them all down to not eligible for discount, but they usually fix it after awhile. That would be one of the only situation it would stack during the 12+.

However, the discounts typically work with almost all other sales year round that aren't a part of the 12+ sales, or the waves leading up to 12+, so it's good if you shop with them regularly outside of that. Of course there are still a number of exclusions with clearance, bargain, and other specifically noted products from particular publishers that will not be eligible for discounts whether it's or isn't on sale.
Hmmm, guess I'll wait and see if any sale before winter catches my eye. I think I read that you need to spend $120 or so for Got Anime to start paying for itself. Sucks that Ranma 1/2 pre-orders are excluded from the discount. Thanks for the info.

No, it doesn't apply to Holiday Sale items 99.9% of the time. It's mostly good for studio sales.

But I did get an email from them because mine's expiring soon, and they're launching a Got Anime page.
Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, guess I'll wait and see if any sale before winter catches my eye. I think I read that you need to spend $120 or so for Got Anime to start paying for itself. Sucks that Ranma 1/2 pre-orders are excluded from the discount. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.
Roughly around that since the membership is $12 annually.

One thing to note though, the 10% discount will only apply to the current sale price and not off of the retail price unlike the way their sales are done. This is why when there are publisher sales typically that notes things are up to 33% off retail, then on the sales page or banners they say you can save up to 40% off retail on the item, so that's how they come up with that number. Essentially you're only going to be saving about 40% off retail max with the membership during their yearly sales, excluding the 12+.

Hope that makes sense.

Anyone else disappointed with the numbering on the Chu-2 box sets? (Its just a sticker) 

Also I ended up picking up a new copy of love lab and love election chocolate on ebay for around $20 each. (now I will have 2 copys of love lab lol)

Roughly around that since the membership is $12 annually.

One thing to note though, the 10% discount will only apply to the current sale price and not off of the retail price unlike the way their sales are done. This is why when there are publisher sales typically that notes things are up to 33% off retail, then on the sales page or banners they say you can save up to 40% off retail on the item, so that's how they come up with that number. Essentially you're only going to be saving about 40% off retail max with the membership during their yearly sales, excluding the 12+.

Hope that makes sense.
Yeah it makes sense.

bread's done
Back